PDA

View Full Version : West Columbia

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 01:58 PM
They are a pleasant surprise in D29 this year after having a couple of lackluster seasons recently. Look out for the Necks this year!

Last night RB Sean Flannel was 12 for 109yd and 4TDs before the starters were pulled in their 45-16 win over Houston Kashmere. Necks were up 45-0 before removing their starters

Last week they knocked off La Grange in an upset. 51-41 win.

2-ONES
09-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Yes, the new QB coach/OC is as good as they come.

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 03:30 PM
That's good stuff. I like seeing that our District could have a little depth. :)

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
That's good stuff. I like seeing that our District could have a little depth. :)

Doesn't the Coastal bend play your district for bi-district this year?

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Doesn't the Coastal bend play your district for bi-district this year? I'm thinking so...I'd KILL for a Needville / Ingleside match up!! LOL. Although...I don't think either team is a guaranteed playoff contender this year unfortunately.

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 03:35 PM
It'll probably be ....

Sweeny
West Columbia
Needville?

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 03:40 PM
It'll probably be ....

Sweeny
West Columbia
Needville?

Not sure what to think on this: dist 30 vs dist 29. I'm thinking neither dist will dominate the other.

West Columbia will be the big school if they make it, right?

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Not sure what to think on this: dist 30 vs dist 29. I'm thinking neither dist will dominate the other.

West Columbia will be the big school if they make it, right? I agree....and yeah...I think WC is the big school.

SHSBulldog00
09-18-2010, 03:47 PM
It'll probably be ....

Sweeny
West Columbia
Needville?

Me too. If not Needville maybe Wharton but probably the Jay's.

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Me too. If not Needville maybe Wharton but probably the Jay's. Which means what.....

WC would get....Ingleside?
Sweeny would get Mathis?
Needville would get Sinton?

How would that shake out?

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Which means what.....

Sweeny would get Mathis?

Dude, are you purposefully leaving out Rockport?
One very good team from dist 30 will be sitting home come playoff time.:nerd:

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Dude, are you purposefully leaving out Rockport?
One very good team from dist 30 will be sitting home come playoff time.:nerd: Hell....swap RF for Ingleside....I think it'll be a toss up. Sinton and Mathis are pretty much in barring serious injury or implosion of some kind.

SHSBulldog00
09-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Which means what.....

Sweeny would get Mathis?

Based on the current standings and Sinton leading West Oso 27-6 in the 4th could be this.....

W.C. vs. Rockport-Fulton
Needville vs. Mathis
Sweeny vs. Sinton

Ingleside would be the team left out

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Based on the current standings and Sinton leading West Oso 27-6 in the 4th could be this.....

W.C. vs. Rockport-Fulton
Needville vs. Mathis
Sweeny vs. Sinton

Ingleside would be the team left out Those are some pretty good match ups!

I'd see it panning out:

WC - WC too fast, RF unable to contain WC O.
Mathis - Needville can't contain Pirate RBs
Sweeny - A dogfight, but Sweeny has a talent egde

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Hell....swap RF for Ingleside....I think it'll be a toss up. Sinton and Mathis are pretty much in barring serious injury or implosion of some kind.

lol
There are no guarantees for sure. Ingleside just started a new young QB, yall are very much an X-factor now. It's gonna be tough for any team to slow down the Mustangs if he does well.:nerd:

IrishTex
09-18-2010, 04:10 PM

W.C. vs. Rockport-Fulton
Needville vs. Mathis
Sweeny vs. Sinton

Ingleside would be the team left out

Sinton winning district???

(I wish there was a smiley that could yawn) lololol

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 04:10 PM
lol
There are no guarantees for sure. Ingleside just started a new young QB, yall are very much an X-factor now. It's gonna be tough for any team to slow down the Mustangs if he does well.:nerd: Coach H does have a way of working magic in Ingleside. We'll see, but you're right, that district down there is pretty solid top to bottom. We're pretty top heavy in D29.

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Sinton winning district???

(I wish there was a smiley that could yawn) lololol In the last 5 yrs...I think Ingleside has either won or split w/ Sinton more times than Sinton has won it outright. I could be mistaken. I don't live down there anymore.

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Those are some pretty good match ups!

I'd see it panning out:

WC - WC too fast, RF unable to contain WC O.
Mathis - Needville can't contain Pirate RBs
Sweeny - A dogfight, but Sweeny has a talent egde

I don't know but Rockport is a power running team...
they COULD control the clock.

Sinton vs Sweeny...:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 04:20 PM
I don't know but Rockport is a power running team...
they COULD control the clock.

Sinton vs Sweeny...:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: if they could manage to keep WC's O off the field....it's a possibility. Good game planning and play calling could work. Otherwise I'm wagering WC is just too explosive for RF to keep up on the scoreboard. It's early though, and this is all just speculation of course. Any team, any time. I firmly believe that in most cases.

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 04:23 PM
I think the coach for Rockport is Orange Grove's old coach. Remember he had them playing very well a few years ago and competing for district titles.

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 04:26 PM
I think the coach for Rockport is Orange Grove's old coach. Remember he had them playing very well a few years ago and competing for district titles. I do recall that. Bi-District will be AWESOME this year. The area I where I grew up -vs- the area I now call home. Doesn't get any better.

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 04:29 PM
I do recall that. Bi-District will be AWESOME this year. The area I where I grew up -vs- the area I now call home. Doesn't get any better.

Agreed! That week is gonna be a little contentious here, don't you think?:stirpot:

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Agreed! That week is gonna be a little contentious here, don't you think?:stirpot: LOL....maybe a little.

pirate4state
10-07-2010, 09:10 AM
I think the coach for Rockport is Orange Grove's old coach. Remember he had them playing very well a few years ago and competing for district titles. I remember Guy Grover being at Aransas Pass, not sure if he was at Orange Grove.

You know why I missed this thread? Because of the title! :devil: :D

baseballcoach13
10-07-2010, 09:20 AM
I dont want to speak too soon, but a kid just checked into my class, and his last name is Ditka-Norris........

pancho villa
10-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I remember Guy Grover being at Aransas Pass, not sure if he was at Orange Grove.

Because it strikes fear in your heart.
Viva El Pancho.

Lucky2Coach
10-07-2010, 09:48 AM
So other than the fact that Sweeny will give West Columbia a good ol' fashioned, Sonny Corleone in the streets of New York by the figher hydrant, beat-down... the game will have no bearing on who they will play in bi-district. BTW... Ditka-Norris lost his eligibility because at his last school they put stickers on his helmet!

baseballcoach13
10-07-2010, 09:56 AM
So you think eligibilty, and stickers are going to keep the love child of Ditka and Norris off the field? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And besides that, he will create a legacy here. I heard he is dating Flo Jo's daughter, so once they have kids its gonna be on in the dub.

pancho villa
10-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
So other than the fact that Sweeny will give West Columbia a good ol' fashioned, Sonny Corleone in the streets of New York by the figher hydrant, beat-down... the game will have no bearing on who they will play in bi-district. BTW... Ditka-Norris lost his eligibility because at his last school they put stickers on his helmet!

Get a grip on reality Chico. That is nothing compared to the STEVEN SEGAL WC will break out.

baseballcoach13
10-07-2010, 10:12 AM

BAM

Sonny Corleone is fictional There aint nothing fiction about Segal. He is a real life BA.

And dont Casper on us like your boys from BR did.

pirate4state
10-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Because it strikes fear in your heart.
Viva El Pancho.

Dub C? Not hardly, but keep trying.

pancho villa
10-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Dub C? Not hardly, but keep trying.

Our QB is so fast he has scored before the ball was snapped.

baseballcoach13
10-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Someone told me he threw a TD pass to himself last week....

pirate4state
10-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Our QB is so fast he has scored before the ball was snapped. false start

baseballcoach13
10-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Not when he snaps it to himself.

Lucky2Coach
10-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
BAM

Sonny Corleone is fictional There aint nothing fiction about Segal. He is a real life BA.

And dont Casper on us like your boys from BR did.

I will not disappear on you guys. I always come back... just like Pancho's herpes!

SintonFan
10-07-2010, 12:42 PM
I remember Guy Grover being at Aransas Pass, not sure if he was at Orange Grove.

Was it AP?:doh:

SintonFan
10-07-2010, 12:43 PM
...just like Pancho's herpes!

lol
LOL
:clap: :D

pirate4state
10-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Not when he snaps it to himself.

LOL....oh okay.

So, he snaps the ball to himself and throws TDs to himself. What you're saying is your team is a one man show? We've defeated plenty of one man shows before. Bring it on!

'Necks 2013-14
10-07-2010, 01:18 PM
LOL....oh okay.

So, he snaps the ball to himself and throws TDs to himself. What you're saying is your team is a one man show? We've defeated plenty of one man shows before. Bring it on! Yes--just keep thinking that--we love flying under the radar!

SHSBulldog00
10-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14
Yes--just keep thinking that--we love flying under the radar!

Under the radar.....WC is Number 7 in the region....not exactly flying under the radar!!!!!!!!!

More like the Airbus Beluga

SintonFan
10-07-2010, 01:38 PM

Everyone is scouting WC... everyday... all the time.:eek:

'Necks 2013-14
10-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Everyone is scouting WC... everyday... all the time.:eek: So YOU have seen WC play?

SintonFan
10-07-2010, 01:55 PM
So YOU have seen WC play?

Everyone has.:eek:

baseballcoach13
10-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state LOL....oh okay. So, he snaps the ball to himself and throws TDs to himself. What you're saying is your team is a one man show? We've defeated plenty of one man shows before. Bring it on!

No its not a one man show by any means. The other 10 help in the concession stand when on offense, and then try to keep the other teams to one less point than the qb can score by himself on defense.
_

'Necks 2013-14
10-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Everyone has.:eek: Sweet!! Glad to see we have such a huge following!!:D

pirate4state
10-07-2010, 04:04 PM

LOL thanks!

No its not a one man show by any means. The other 10 help in the concession stand when on offense ...

That's impressive, I don't care who you are! Afterall, someone has to bring Pancho his nachos!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Orange Grove coach before the one they have now, is at Yoakum. Thought Guy Grover came from one the district aournd SA area, bandera?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-07-2010, 04:16 PM
If Rockport doesnt make the playoffs and Sinton does, they'll be the next biggest enrollment school. So they would go Div. 1

pancho villa
10-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
If Rockport doesnt make the playoffs and Sinton does, they'll be the next biggest enrollment school. So they would go Div. 1

Can't get much better than that.

baseballcoach13
10-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Some one told me this morning at the barber shop when I was getting my new do, that the West Columbia police dept showed up the football field with a new weapon they wanted to test.

Word was they had just bought a new net gun and wanted to see how effective it was. The net net had a 25 foot diameter and was supposed to be able to catch three grown men and constrain them.

Well they shot at the West Columbia Qb from a range of 2 feet and he was able to dodge the net and slip through the 2 inch holes and still snapped the ball to himself, and threw a 47 yard TD pass. To himself.

pirate4state
10-08-2010, 12:28 PM
:nerd: LOL

go poke Pancho and tell him nap time is over!

baseballcoach13
10-08-2010, 12:30 PM
The only people who can decide when Pancho's nap is over is Mrs. Pancho and Chuck Norris. And even Mrs P lost a tooth last time.

Uncle Buck
10-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Mrs P has teeth?