PDA

View Full Version : THE WOOD 54 Llano 14......

BEAST
09-18-2010, 12:21 AM
Another great performance by the Lions. Qb Graylon Brown topped 1000 yards passing tonight. Our D continues to impress me. I realize Llano isnt much, but we scored every time we had the ball the first half and the first time we had it in the second half. After that the O was pulled for back ups. We have so many weapons, its not just JShip.

BEAST

NastySlot
09-18-2010, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Another great performance by the Lions. Qb Graylon Brown topped 1000 yards passing tonight. Our D continues to impress me. I realize Llano isnt much, but we scored every time we had the ball the first half and the first time we had it in the second half. After that the O was pulled for back ups. We have so many weapons, its not just JShip.

BEAST

I agree caught the game tonight and Brownwood would be very good without Shipley. I was impressed with the QB and the speed of both the offense and defense. Brownwood is set to make a long run..hope you stay healthy.

BEAST
09-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I agree caught the game tonight and Brownwood would be very good without Shipley. I was impressed with the QB and the speed of both the offense and defense. Brownwood is set to make a long run..hope you stay healthy.

Thanks Slot, its crazy having this many weapons, we have yet to really uncork our running game. Itll happen sooner or later though.

BEAST

NastySlot
09-18-2010, 01:00 AM
Thanks Slot, its crazy having this many weapons, we have yet to really uncork our running game. Itll happen sooner or later though.

BEAST

the backups did a good job of moving the ball also....even if they didn't score. Brownwood is very solid.

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 02:05 PM
The final score could have been a lot, lot worse. Wow, these guys are something else.

Still surprised that Llano chose this game to be their homecoming. I'm used to seeing easy wins (i.e. Ingram) designated as homecoming, not a game against one of best 3As in the state.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Brownwood fans are surprised at the level of talent we have playing this season. The defense is SOLID. I don't see a weakness on this team.

LE Dad
09-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Brownwood=Failure.

Looking4number8
09-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Brownwood=Failure.

Remind me again how your team did last night.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 03:42 PM
I saw the highlights on the HS round Up. Pretty impressive.

DDBooger
09-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Brownwood would be a top 10 4A, pretty impressive.

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
They probably could have made a run at 70 points if they wanted it. I could not believe this was a 3A team I was watching.

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 03:46 PM

:eek:

Boog, I think OK is starting to effect your intellect. Must be all that red dirt and funky water. :p

DDBooger
09-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
:eek:

Boog, I think OK is starting to effect your intellect. Must be all that red dirt and funky water. :p NO kidding, some places up here look like mars. I've never seen red dirt like this except on a baseball field. I think this is darker.

As far as Brownwood, man, I was pretty impressed with the highlights I saw. Their destruction of Stephenville kind of solidified it. They'll run roughshod through their region. But I anticipate they get a shot from an East Texas team and that should be fun.

Tin Cup
09-18-2010, 04:13 PM
This team reminds me of '09 gilmer in the sense that there is no doubt who the best team on the field is but you still have to earn it every week. There are no wins for being the best on paper, only scoreboard. This team can and will be very special if we continue to improve and stay healthy.

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 04:17 PM
NO kidding, some places up here look like mars. I've never seen red dirt like this except on a baseball field. I think this is darker.

As far as Brownwood, man, I was pretty impressed with the highlights I saw. Their destruction of Stephenville kind of solidified it. They'll run roughshod through their region. But I anticipate they get a shot from an East Texas team and that should be fun.

After years and years of watching HS football, it seems to me that teams that are so good they look like a lock on state don't often make it. Kids are kids...
and when they get those big heads we all know what happens.
Not saying this is the case here, but history is history.:nerd:

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
This team reminds me of '09 gilmer in the sense that there is no doubt who the best team on the field is but you still have to earn it every week. There are no wins for being the best on paper, only scoreboard. This team can and will be very special if we continue to improve and stay healthy.
Yep. The Patriots went 18-0 a couple years ago and still lost the Super Bowl. There's always someone out there good enough to knock you off your high horse if you start believing the hype and stop working your behinds off.

fresh-j
09-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup

:iagree: :2thumbsup. They're getting there.. although I'm not sure how many D1 athletes Brownwoods sr class will have (don't get me wrong or don't jump on me, I know they have Shipley, Longoria, but those are the only two I can see right now, BUT the catch is the others are just hard nosed tough HIGH SCHOOL football players that give it there all i'm sure) Gilmer 09 Out coached and out athleted everyone they played. Time will tell though :D

Rocket
09-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Yep. The Patriots went 18-0 a couple years ago and still lost the Super Bowl. There's always someone out there good enough to knock you off your high horse if you start believing the hype and stop working your behinds off.

And what does any of this have to do with us fans talking smack? LOL We have an excellent staff, and a very lethal play caller. Let me tell you, if we stay healthy, it will take a crazy team to knock Brownwood off. We can score quickly and consistently if we do get in a hole. Then there is the system within the system... ;)

DDBooger
09-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

Not saying this is the case here, but history is history.:nerd: touche' these things happen.

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
And what does any of this have to do with us fans talking smack?
Plenty if the kids start believing the hype that folks like you put on, acting like they can not be beaten. If they start believing it (and fortunately for you I don't think your coach will allow it) then it's that much more likely that they *can* be beaten.

And "fans talking smack" should not include rubbing it in on the other team's kids playing the game, and especially not calling them out by name. Frankly I was hoping I wouldn't see you here for a week or two because of it. Glad that thread was yanked, though. It was inexcusable, especially given the tragedy which occurred last night which put football in the proper perspective for most of us.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Plenty if the kids start believing the hype that folks like you put on, acting like they can not be beaten. If they start believing it (and fortunately for you I don't think your coach will allow it) then it's that much more likely that they *can* be beaten.

And "fans talking smack" should not include rubbing it in on the other team's kids playing the game, and especially not calling them out by name. Frankly I was hoping I wouldn't see you here for a week or two because of it. Glad that thread was yanked, though. It was inexcusable, especially given the tragedy which occurred last night which put football in the proper perspective for most of us.

Yeah? Let the judges judge. They want to yank it? yank it... Your grade A Classy School also put the "Jaxon who?" sign up when we showed up at your field. Ended up costing you pretty big didn't it? LOL give me a break....Pot, meet kettle...

BaseballUmp
09-18-2010, 04:56 PM
You really do amaze me every single time I see a post from you Rocket...

As previously posted by yourself as well as brought up earlier in the other thread...

"Rocket's rules to smack talking...
3. If your team wins or loses, treat the other team with dignity. Congratulate them and wish them well the rest of the way. The game is over and done. The smack talk ends when the game ends."

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Yeah? Let the judges judge. They want to yank it? yank it... they also put the "Jaxon who?" sign up when we showed up at your field. Ended up costing you pretty big didn't it? LOL give me a break....Pot, meet kettle...

Yeah, a little smack not potentially archived on the Internet BEFORE the game is the same as a "bad winner" calling out the losing team's players by name on an archivable message board *after* the game and rubbed salt in a wound the day after a 3A kid died on the field and put things into perspective for most of us.

Yeah, these are really equivalent.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Ok, I apologize...I am glad it was removed. I just found it hilarious that your school would call Jaxon Shipley out by name.

From what I heard, llano played a good game and were very good sportsmanship wise. Good luck the rest of the way...

LE Dad
09-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah? Let the judges judge. They want to yank it? yank it... Your grade A Classy School also put the "Jaxon who?" sign up when we showed up at your field. Ended up costing you pretty big didn't it? LOLions... give me a break....Pot, meet kettle... :p

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Brownwood=Failure.

Failure to?

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Ok, I apologize...I am glad it was removed. I just found it hilarious that your school would call Jaxon Shipley out by name.
Before the game it's actually a sign of respect. You would never see anyone make a sign to "taunt" a random player of average talent like that.

As Reggie Jackson once famously noted, "fans don't boo nobodies." If that sign got Jaxon motivated, the result on the scoreboard does all the talking that needs to be done. It was all the response that was needed.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Before the game it's actually a sign of respect. You would never see anyone make a sign to "taunt" a random player of average talent like that.

As Reggie Jackson once famously noted, "fans don't boo nobodies."

"Jaxon who?" is a sign of respect? LOLOLOLOLOL

Either way, Brownwood put Llano in their place. Might want to avoid calling out athletes like that before the game.

LE Dad
09-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
You really do amaze me every single time I see a post from you Rocket...

As previously posted by yourself as well as brought up earlier in the other thread...

"Rocket's rules to smack talking...
3. If your team wins or loses, treat the other team with dignity. Congratulate them and wish them well the rest of the way. The game is over and done. The smack talk ends when the game ends." Ump Rockee has a looooooong history of violating that rule... I almost fell outta my chair laughing when I saw he posted that.:doh:

:D

BaseballUmp
09-18-2010, 05:07 PM
I would say it is...believe it or not everyone, it's kinda like all these BW threads where people say how they suck and can't stand Rocket and all the other posters. But really there is much respect for the BW team

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 05:08 PM
"Jaxon who?" is a sign of respect? LOLOLOLOLOL
Do you really think an opposing team would take the effort to make a sign like that about an average player?

Reread that Reggie Jackson quote.

Had Llano accomplished a major upset and kept saying "Jaxon who?" after the win, THEN I would agree with you.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Ump Rockee has a looooooong history of violating that rule... I almost fell outta my chair laughing when I saw he posted that.:doh:

:D

LOL yup

How would you know? Just because you have 10 years worth of posts, doesn't mean you have been here that long. 1 year...

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 05:10 PM
I have ultimate respect for the Brownwood <bows head> team. However, if we are fortunate enough to play them, I will also expect our players to say they expect to beat them. Who in their right mind wouldnt?

LE Dad
09-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Yeah, a little smack not potentially archived on the Internet BEFORE the game is the same as a "bad winner" calling out the losing team's players by name on an archivable message board *after* the game and rubbed salt in a wound the day after a 3A kid died on the field and put things into perspective for most of us.

Yeah, these are really equivalent. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I have ultimate respect for the Brownwood <bows head> team. However, if we are fortunate enough to play them, I will also expect our players to say they expect to beat them. Who in their right mind wouldnt?

What about the fans? You people get on me for believing we can beat everybody...LOL

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Do you really think an opposing team would take the effort to make a sign like that about an average player?

Reread that Reggie Jackson quote.

Had Llano accomplished a major upset and kept saying "Jaxon who?" after the win, THEN I would agree with you.

You are smoking crack if you see that sign as a sign of respect. Your coach made them take it down fast, but it was too late, the damage was done...

Txbroadcaster
09-18-2010, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rocket
You are smoking crack if you see that sign as a sign of respect. Your coach made them take it down fast, but it was too late, the damage was done... [/QUOTE

I think it is a sign of respect/fear of a player

LE Dad
09-18-2010, 05:15 PM
LOL yup

How would you know? Just because you have 10 years worth of posts, doesn't mean you have been here that long. 1 year... It only takes about 30 minutes.:thinking::rolleyes:

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 05:16 PM
What about the fans? You people get on me for believing we can beat everybody...LOL
I don't know a single Llano fan who thinks they are close to unbeatable. I don't know many fans for *any* team who seem to think that. Even most Brownwood fans don't think that.

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 05:18 PM
You are smoking crack if you see that sign as a sign of respect.
I guess it was a coincidence that they picked him instead of some random second string linebacker.

Are you saying that Reggie Jackson was wrong and that calling him out specifically on the road wasn't a sign that they knew he was good and could hurt them?

LE Dad
09-18-2010, 05:18 PM
What about the fans? You people get on me for believing we can beat everybody...LOLions No I could care less if you think your team can beat everybody... It is all the disrespect to other towns, schools, and players.:thinking:

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:23 PM
No I could care less if you think your team can beat everybody... It is all the disrespect to other towns, schools, and players.:thinking:

Oh you big crybabies...poor LE...
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

ccmom
09-18-2010, 05:25 PM
You are smoking crack if you see that sign as a sign of respect. Your coach made them take it down fast, but it was too late, the damage was done...

What "damage" was done, exactly? :doh:

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by ccmom

The damage was Shipley seeing it and then responding to it. Well at least they know what his last name is now..LOL

bobcat1
09-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Hell he never even saw the sign from New Mexico. All this we crap too.........:rolleyes: All this from a never was and never will be. I for one can tell he never was a part of anything big in his life. Well except cheerleading.

BEAST
09-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by ccmom

Pissing off the whole Brownwood team. I'm not going to go any further on what was being said during the game to our Qb.

BEAST

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:31 PM
I guess it was a coincidence that they picked him instead of some random second string linebacker.

Are you saying that Reggie Jackson was wrong and that calling him out specifically on the road wasn't a sign that they knew he was good and could hurt them?

My beef is you get on me for calling out a kid by name, when your fans, school hung a sign calling out a kid by name. As in, "you may be good, but we don't see you that way." And that was reflected in the newspaper quotes I posted. LOL Which was actually hilarious.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Pissing off the whole Brownwood team. I'm not going to go any further on what was being said during the game to our Qb.

BEAST

I would imagine it hurt the team who put it up. And I bet it was a kid who did it...not an adult. Glad to hear the coach made them take it down. That kind of crap should be left for those in college and pro's. If it were my choice, I'd say pro only.

bobcat1
09-18-2010, 05:33 PM
My beef is you get on me for calling out a kid by name, when your fans, school hung a sign calling out a kid by name. As in, "you may be good, but we don't see you that way." And that was reflected in the newspaper quotes I posted. LOL Which was actually hilarious. No it wasn't to adults.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Hell he never even saw the sign from New Mexico. All this we crap too.........:rolleyes: All this from a never was and never will be. I for one can tell he never was a part of anything big in his life. Well except cheerleading.

Wow, now who is getting personal? I love it. Did I piss you off? If so, mission accomplished.

bobcat1
09-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Wow, now who is getting personal? I love it. Did I piss you off? If so, mission accomplished. Not pissed off, just in shock of the lack of class.

LE Dad
Oh you big crybabies...poor LE...
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: Not hardly... You just seem to not understand why posters take offense with your posts.:nerd:
Has nothing to do with supporting your team...

but they are always gonna be the LoLions as long as you keep taking the c and l outta class, and act like whats left.
:thinking:

Rocket
I apologized and it was taken down. Won't happen again.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Not hardly... You just seem to not understand why posters take offense with your posts.:nerd:
Has nothing to do with supporting your team...

but they are always gonna be the LoLions as long as you keep taking the c and l outta class, and act like whats left.
:thinking:

Hmmmm...."Brownwood=Failures"?????

bobcat1
09-18-2010, 05:36 PM
I apologized and it was taken down. Won't happen again. Good Thanks

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Not pissed off, just in shock of the lack of class.

Bad judgment on my part...

bobcat1
09-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Bad judgment on my part... Hell we all make mistakes. You're good with me.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Hell we all make mistakes. You're good with me.

Let the games continue...

We are starting the China Springs thread now...

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 05:39 PM
I apologized and it was taken down. Won't happen again.

Apology accepted here. Good on ya.

LE Dad
09-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Hmmmm...."Brownwood=Failures"????? Absolutely... You wanna throw it out, you better expect it to come right back. You treat the team I support with respect and I will certainly treat your team the same. I may not always agree with ya but thats football.

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm not going to go any further on what was being said during the game to our Qb.
I heard nothing like that, but I assume it happened on the visiting side of the stands.

There are two types of locals who sit in the visiting section, not just in Llano but anywhere: those who have out of town friends to sit with and those who want to stir the pot.

If your reports of the abuse are accurate, I wish someone reported it AND that there were locals who could identify the abusers. I'm not close to them, but knowing both Coach Yeager (who's also the AD) and Superintendent Dennis Hill as I do, I'm pretty sure these people would no longer be welcomed at Jacket Stadium for an LHS football game assuming the verbal abuse was sufficiently bad.

Plus, the vast majority of the signs put up at games are done by students, usually the Spirit Squad. That they were made to take the banner down should reflect at least something on the program itself.

As a Llano resident I'm sad if some locals reflected poorly on our school and our town. But that's still not close to the same thing as what I was responding to. And since he has apologized for it, consider the matter dropped.

BwdLion73
09-18-2010, 05:54 PM
I guess I have no idea what yall are talking about on the "Post taken down". I logged off after WOS did last night. It's school kids and school pride. Llano put up a sign!! If it said Whos BwdLion73 I would be proud that I had their attention. If they thought enough to concentrate on one player they made.....which is apparent, a bad mistake.Good luck to Llano for the rest of the season, they are past and China Springs is next to put up the sign of their choice.;)

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I guess I have no idea what yall are talking about on the "Post taken down". I logged off after WOS did last night. It's school kids and school pride. Llano put up a sign!! If it said Whos BwdLion73 I would be proud that I had their attention. If they thought enough to concentrate on one player they made.....which is apparent, a bad mistake.Good luck to Llano for the rest of the seqson, they are past and China Springs is next to put up the sign of their choice.;)
Thanks. Y'all have a heck of a team. Stay focused, make sure your kids tune out the hype and remain business as usual and you have a real shot at running the table.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Absolutely... You wanna throw it out, you better expect it to come right back. You treat the team I support with respect and I will certainly treat your team the same. I may not always agree with ya but thats football.

Then you are as guilty as me...

You do nothing but post on Brownwood threads jacking with us, but when I hit you back, you get down on the same level. Go play elsewhere....wannabe

LE Dad
09-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Then you are as guilty as me...

You do nothing but post on Brownwood threads jacking with us, but when I hit you back, you get down on the same level. Go play elsewhere....wannabe Like I said take the c and l out of class and your left.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rocket
09-18-2010, 06:24 PM
I heard nothing like that, but I assume it happened on the visiting side of the stands.

There are two types of locals who sit in the visiting section, not just in Llano but anywhere: those who have out of town friends to sit with and those who want to stir the pot.

If your reports of the abuse are accurate, I wish someone reported it AND that there were locals who could identify the abusers. I'm not close to them, but knowing both Coach Yeager (who's also the AD) and Superintendent Dennis Hill as I do, I'm pretty sure these people would no longer be welcomed at Jacket Stadium for an LHS football game assuming the verbal abuse was sufficiently bad.

Plus, the vast majority of the signs put up at games are done by students, usually the Spirit Squad. That they were made to take the banner down should reflect at least something on the program itself.

As a Llano resident I'm sad if some locals reflected poorly on our school and our town. But that's still not close to the same thing as what I was responding to. And since he has apologized for it, consider the matter dropped.

I think BEAST was talking about your players saying stuff to our QB. It got so out of hand that Brownwood almost really brought Llano out back to the Wood shed. Our players and our staff were not real thrilled about the Jaxon Who? sign.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Like I said take the c and l out of class and your left.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You think you know, but you have no earthly idea.

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Our players and our staff were not real thrilled about the Jaxon Who? sign.
Again -- the Reggie Jackson quote aside, these signs are usually made by 15-, 16-, 17-year-old girls on the spirit squad. I still say it's a form of fear and respect, even if backhanded (because no one bothers to do that for mediocrity), but even if you don't accept that, does the fact that adults running the show ordered the banners taken down mean nothing?

Trust me on this if nothing else: Neither Coach Yeager nor Superintendent Hill are known locally for tolerating bad sportsmanship.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Again -- the Reggie Jackson quote aside, these signs are usually made by 15-, 16-, 17-year-old girls on the spirit squad. I still say it's a form of fear and respect, even if backhanded (because no one bothers to do that for mediocrity), but even if you don't accept that, does the fact that adults running the show ordered the banners taken down mean nothing?

Trust me on this if nothing else: Neither Coach Yeager nor Superintendent Hill are known locally for tolerating bad sportsmanship.

If that is true, they have a lot of work ahead of them. I have heard some crazy stuff about what went down on the field last night.

NastySlot
09-19-2010, 12:03 AM

I saw the sign was thinking you ll get Jaxson Who soon enough.....I also saw the sign as just a bunch of smart @$$ kids trying to taunt............happens all the time with teenage kids.

funny story about Llano and taunting...was watching a baseball game last year and the llano dugout was ragging on this little kid pitching and he was throwing pretty slow...they were shouting out speeds of like 30 40 45 mph......funny thing was that slow stuff threw them off at the plate and they ended up losing.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot

funny story about Llano and taunting...was watching a baseball game last year and the llano dugout was ragging on this little kid pitching and he was throwing pretty slow...they were shouting out speeds of like 30 40 45 mph......funny thing was that slow stuff threw them off at the plate and they ended up losing.

I umpired a few games here in Wimberley for the Freshman teams in the past. Llano fans and coaches were the loudest and most unruly of any other team I personally umped. It started from the warm-ups and didnt stop until I threw some of the parents out. The kids? Not nearly as bad, but you could tell that they had "support" from the crowd. I experienced this several times over several years. Unnecessary, I say.