PDA

View Full Version : LaGrange/Manor

lepfan
10-10-2003, 11:59 PM
Looks like the "unblockable" Manor team got BLOCKED!!! Way to go LEPS!!!!

tigerSville_04
10-11-2003, 12:06 AM
score?

tigerSville_04
10-11-2003, 12:18 AM
?

lepfan
10-11-2003, 12:19 AM
24-14...but should have been closer to 42 or so to 14...

Pudlugger
10-11-2003, 12:47 AM
This was an exciting game. The Leps had some turnovers which kept the score down but they never quit. Anderle had his best performance passing tonight completing 75-80% of his passes. The receivers split the Manor defense and made really big plays. Manor is tough to run on and the balanced attack that Coach V has developed since the Gunn era ended really paid off tonight. The Leps had several kids playing with the flu, my son had been vomiting all week but no way he was not playing. BTW #77 is good but he definately can be blocked, its on tape. Manor is a solid team but i wonder about the shotgun offense. With the speed they have I would go for the wing T or I formation. I think Manor will knock off a few teams in district play. Number 1 of manor, Swain I beleive is his name, is a wonderful athlete and I expect he will be playing on Saturdays in the near future. Good luck the rest of the way. :)

Mustang '89
10-11-2003, 01:49 AM
Nice game Leopards!! Manor's offense struggled all night. Never seemed to get on track. Kept the defense on the field all night with quick three and outs. La Grange eventually wore down the Defense. I would guess Manor's D spent near three full quarters on the field. I have to agree that the Mustangs are in the wrong offense. I think it is easy to see that the Wing-T would probably be a better fit. Instead, they come out trying to pass on every down. Manor never tried to establish a running game and didn't throw the ball deep enough times. You will never get anywhere eith 2 yard passes. La Grange was daring Manor to go deep by playing virtually the whole first half with the safeties rolled all the way up in run defense. Manor's coaches let La Grange dictate their play calling. I almost feel like the coaches were a too conservative in their playcalling. (BTW, that's four different offenses in four years. Go figure!!!)

And to you lepfan, I never said Manor's defense was unblockable. I said #77 was unblockable. And I think if you look at the film you will see him make quite a few plays during the game. He spent the majority of the game at defensive end, which is a position he hasn't played all year. I assume they moved him from DT to DE because Anderle was getting around the edge early in the game. The run defense was tough all game, but the DB's were killing us. Pinpoint passes by Anderle and great catches by the Leopard recievers was the difference in the game.

And where do you see it being 42 to 14. You were down 14 to 10 with seven minutes left in the game. I guess you are going to say that all of those fumbles had nothing to do with the Mustang defense. Manor problem was they never capitalized on any of them.

MiddleB
10-11-2003, 01:58 AM
That was a very good game, even though I wish the score would of been different! The Leps are a good team, hope we make the playoffs to have a little rematch! Good game Leps and good luck in the rest of the season, we have to get ready for giddings witch I heard beat smithville.#77 has played DE all season we wouldn't move him!
#10 Manor

lepfan
10-11-2003, 01:59 AM
Yes,(remember I said SHOULD) I was referring to the fumbles we had close to the goal...but they are just that, fumbles...without them yes we might have scored a couple of more times...but we did not...no, we did not fumble alone...the D did have a play in it...good game Manor...sorry, I misunderstood the comment...
LG was the better team tonight, they came to town ready to play and win, and did just that...good luck next week...who do you all play

<small>[ October 11, 2003, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

Mustang '89
10-11-2003, 02:18 AM
Sorry MiddleB, My fault. He played more of a stand up position tonight. Didn't see him down in his usual four point stance. (Back injury???)

You played a great game as usual.

Pudlugger
10-11-2003, 06:21 AM
Mustang89 I wasn't the one who said the team was unblockable and the score should have been 42-14, that was Lepfan. I gave credit to the Manor defense for the fact that La Grange was held scoreless twice inside the 20. Fumbles will kill a good team and they almost did last night. Number 77 was tough, but he did not show much self-control getting the personal foul for a late hit after that crucial interception with 3:55 left on the clock. According to one player I know very well, he was bumping and pushing our players all nigt after play stopped . The refs finally called him for it I guess when it escalated. Number 24 played with heart and my son told me he was a good guy so it was not like everyone out there had a bad attitude. Also, good game number 10. Hope you guys win the rest in district as you will represent well in the play-offs. Good luck. :)

Mustang '89
10-11-2003, 09:30 AM
I don't think they called that PF on #77. I think they called it on #73 when he slammed his helmet on the ground. I know the interception was a heartbreaker for Manor, but you must have a little more self control.

Mustang '89
10-11-2003, 09:42 AM
BTW, I think we lost #21 for the rest of the season. Looks like he has a broken fibula and some ankle damage.

lepfan
10-11-2003, 10:11 AM
Mustang '89:
BTW, I think we lost #21 for the rest of the season. Looks like he has a broken fibula and some ankle damage.Sorry to hear that. :( It did look like it was quite painful whatever the injury. He was a key player.

pn_pimp03
10-11-2003, 10:30 AM
LA GRANGE IS A MISTAKE OR TWO AWAY FROM BEING UNDEFEATED...THEYRE STARTING TO SHOW WHY THEY WERE A PRESEASON NUMBER 7....SOLID OFFENSE AND GREAT DEFENSE...BEWARE OF THE THE PURPLE AND GOLD

tigerSville_04
10-11-2003, 10:59 AM
Hey you guys from Manor, Giddings is weak! If were in tha game with them tha whole time yall can wope them. Just shut 3 down which he is weak and yall will be good. Yall can beat them.

MiddleB
10-11-2003, 09:20 PM
Hey Mustang 89' whats yours name? Your sure do know alot about the team and i was just wondering? I play for them and you know everthing I know. This is Bryan #10

Mustang '89
10-12-2003, 03:58 PM
MiddleB:
Hey Mustang 89' whats yours name? Your sure do know alot about the team and i was just wondering? I play for them and you know everthing I know. This is Bryan #10You must have posted this right after you left Mark's house last night. You just missed me over there. When I got there he said you had just left.

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-12-2003, 07:56 PM
Wow want a game. I didn't see the game but with what I just read man I but it was a though battle. I believe I read, that LG was down 14 to 10, with a few minutes to go, geeze then it was a though game.
Good luck to both teams in the future.

BYW, good job Giddings against the win over Smithville.
GO BUFFS GO.

Pudlugger
10-13-2003, 07:09 AM
luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv:
Wow want a game. I didn't see the game but with what I just read man I but it was a though battle. I believe I read, that LG was down 14 to 10, with a few minutes to go, geeze then it was a though game.
Good luck to both teams in the future.

BYW, good job Giddings against the win over Smithville.
GO BUFFS GO.La Grange led the whole time untill 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter when the Mustang's got a pass interference call on 3rd and long then struck on a nice crossing pattern to go up 14-10. LG held them to 2 first downs in the first half but fumbled inside the 5 once and then got three penalties (including a five yarder for the coach on the field) to be backed out of the red zone late in the second quarter. [BTW, the refs were unable to perceive pass interference, holding or blocking in the back against anyone in purple, but had X-Ray vision apparently if you wore red. A curious affliction! Two refs in particular were clearly biased against La Grange.] The Leps made some mistakes which kept the Mustangs in the game way too long but when the chips were down they played with poise and determination scoring twice in the last 7 1/2 minutes to ice the game. :cool:

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-13-2003, 07:10 PM
well like I said, I didn't watch the game but I thought Lagrange was going to stomp Manor as in by more than just a few points, but a win is a win, so good job Lagrange, and good luck to both teams, hope you all do good in the playoffs.

AND FOR GIDDINGS, GOOD LUCK GUYS,
GO BUFFS GO.