PDA

View Full Version : Harris Power Ratings: Brownwood

Pages : [1] 2

Rocket
09-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Interesting facts I heard tonight in conjunction with the Harris Power Rating System.

Brownwood #1 in 3A
Brownwood #3 in 4A
Brownwood #9 in 5A

We are 8 points above Celina, which is astronomical in power rating.

Ratings wise, we are above Gilmer 2009. You like that?????

:)

Rocket
09-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Bump

coach
09-17-2010, 11:36 PM
congrats you are the state champs of week 3

IHStangFan
09-17-2010, 11:40 PM
and BOOM goes the dynamite!!

hollywood
09-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Interesting facts I heard tonight in conjunction with the Harris Power Rating System.

Brownwood #1 in 3A
Brownwood #3 in 4A
Brownwood #9 in 5A

We are 8 points above Celina, which is astronomical in power rating.

Ratings wise, we are above Gilmer 2009. You like that?????

:)
That's ironic you post this. It doesn't surprise me one bit. Watched 5A Hebron @ 4A Sville tonight. Final 17-14 Hebron. Brownwood would have won easily over both. Very impressive team Bwd has this season.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
That's ironic you post this. It doesn't surprise me one bit. Watched 5A Hebron @ 4A Sville tonight. Final 17-14 Hebron. Brownwood would have won easily over both. Very impressive team Bwd has this season.

Agreed.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by coach
congrats you are the state champs of week 3

State champs until proven otherwise and I know your team won't do it...

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 10:23 AM
State champs until proven otherwise and I know your team won't do it...

Ummm....no. State champs are Gilmer and Carthage until proven otherwise. You are jumping the shark, my friend.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Ummm....no. State champs are Gilmer and Carthage until proven otherwise. You are jumping the shark, my friend.

Yeah? Those teams don't exist anymore, my friend.
Besides, we are all state champs until proven otherwise...;)

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Yeah? Those teams don't exist anymore, my friend.

Their title of "Reigning State Champs" does. It's how it works....until they are bumped off. You know this Rocket...its how it works.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Their title of "Reigning State Champs" does. It's how it works....until they are bumped off. You know this Rocket...its how it works.

I don't agree with that. New season, new team. The team that is playing on the field on Friday nights is not the reigning state champs. The school is.

sinton66
09-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Definitely how it works here.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 10:30 AM
But you said "State champs until proven otherwise and I know your team won't do it...". So, you consider Brownwood <bows head> as the state champs?

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 10:31 AM
<<<think carefully before answering that, rocket>>>

LH_Tuff
09-18-2010, 10:31 AM
I don't agree with that. New season, new team. The team that is playing on the field on Friday nights is not the reigning state champs. The school is.

What kind of logic is this? I think you have sniffed too many hatch peppers up there in Hobbs. Get a grip. Brownwood has won nothing yet. Not saying they won't. But as of now, nothing.

Daddy D 11
09-18-2010, 10:32 AM

So if and when Brownwood wins, at the start of next year we won't hear a single word from y'all about how y'all are state champs until proven otherwise? You won't take that next season to gloat about it at all? You know, since it's a new team and all... and only "this" (the current) season matters we should expect zero comments like that from you, correct?

Rocket
09-18-2010, 10:32 AM
But you said "State champs until proven otherwise and I know your team won't do it...". So, you consider Brownwood <bows head> as the state champs?

He labeled us the state champs. Not me... in his world we are, and he won't prove otherwise.

I know how it works. I am just arguing cuz that is what I like to do! LOL

Rocket
09-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
So if and when Brownwood wins, at the start of next year we won't hear a single word from y'all about how y'all are state champs until proven otherwise? You won't take that next season to gloat about it at all? You know, since it's a new team and all... and only "this" (the current) season matters we should expect zero comments like that from you, correct?

No, if Brownwood wins it all, we will be the reigning state champs all of 2011... LOL

Rocket
09-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
What kind of logic is this? I think you have sniffed too many hatch peppers up there in Hobbs. Get a grip. Brownwood has won nothing yet. Not saying they won't. But as of now, nothing.

Get a grip? We will get a grip this week when we show you where LH fits in to the whole scheme of things by demolishing China Springs, who barely beat you.

Daddy D 11
09-18-2010, 10:35 AM
No, if Brownwood wins it all, we will be the reigning state champs all of 2011... LOL

Oh, the classic double standard. I gotcha LOL

Just know that if it happens, which I doubt it will... I'll be here to do what you are doing now: "Brownwood isn't state champs, that team was last year, etc." :D

LH_Tuff
09-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Get a grip? We will get a grip this week when we show you where LH fits in to the whole scheme of things by demolishing China Springs, who barely beat you.

I think you are in for a close game. IMO. China Spring has a very good defense. You will see. Look at what they did last night. Not saying they will beat BW, but I don't think BW will blow them out.

Daddy D 11
09-18-2010, 10:40 AM
I think you are in for a close game. IMO. China Spring has a very good defense. You will see. Look at what they did last night. Not saying they will beat BW, but I don't think BW will blow them out.

NAH, I think Brownwood wins by 5 touchdowns, easy.

LH_Tuff
09-18-2010, 10:41 AM
NAH, I think Brownwood wins by 5 touchdowns, easy.

Reverse Psychology?

Rocket
09-18-2010, 10:42 AM

Stephenville would totally SMASH and OBLITERATE China Springs. There ya go for some perspective...

LH_Tuff
09-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Stephenville would totally SMASH and OBLITERATE China Springs. There ya go for some perspective...

Keeping thinking that way. ;)

Rocket
Oh, the classic double standard. I gotcha LOL

Just know that if it happens, which I doubt it will... I'll be here to do what you are doing now: "Brownwood isn't state champs, that team was last year, etc." :D

Who do you see beating a healthy Brownwood team?

Rocket
Keeping thinking that way. ;)

It really doesn't matter what I think. Fans talk smack, players play.

Tin Cup
09-18-2010, 10:44 AM
China Springs 26
McGregor 0

This is supposed to scare us?? Lol oh boy

LH_Tuff
09-18-2010, 10:44 AM
It really doesn't matter what I think. Fans talk smack, players play.

Really? You could have fooled me. :p

Rocket
09-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Really? You could have fooled me. :p

The weight of my opinions are held up by you and the people of the DL. You guys give me validity. I am just a fan who talks smack and the players are backing up every word of it. Finally. LOL

LH_Tuff
09-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
China Springs 26
McGregor 0

This is supposed to scare us?? Lol oh boy

They don't have a great offense. But their defense is good. Not trying scare you and I think BW wins. But, no blowout.

Matthew328
09-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Brownwood's really good, but using the Harris Poll?? Yikes....

LH_Tuff
09-18-2010, 10:50 AM
The weight of my opinions are held up by you and the people of the DL. You guys give me validity. I am just a fan who talks smack and the players are backing up every word of it. Finally. LOL

You are really setting some hefty goals for your team. I hope Bob concurs. :doh:

Matthew328
09-18-2010, 10:51 AM
They don't have a great offense. But their defense is good. Not trying scare you and I think BW wins. But, no blowout.

Brownwood beats China Spring by minimum of 21

Rocket
09-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328

Just find it interesting.... that's all.

sinton66
09-18-2010, 10:55 AM

Agreed, if Harris manufactured any consumer products, warranty claims would eat them alive, LOL.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 10:55 AM
You are really setting some hefty goals for your team. I hope Bob concurs. :doh:

If your coach's main goal isn't to destroy every team you play and win it all, then I would seriously fire them. Or you can wait for another group to come through LH like the kids in 2006. Gonna be a LOOOOONG wait... LOL

In Brownwood, our goal is to win it all, again. I guess in LH, you guys like to just play around and whatever happens, happens.

Enough of LH...you guys aren't even relevant anymore.

Tin Cup
09-18-2010, 10:57 AM
So when we hang 50 on their good D what does that say about our O. If they don't have a good O I promise they won't score 14 points bc our D is pretty solid. Blowout central headed CS's way

Matthew328
09-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Just find it interesting.... that's all.

If you guys weren't going to beat poor All Saints by 100 I'd go watch that one at Texas Stadium...ohh well I'll try and catch a Brownwood game in the playoffs...dont think Everman's playoff run will be very long this year...LOL

Rocket
09-18-2010, 11:00 AM
So when we hang 50 on their good D what does that say about our O. If they don't have a good O I promise they won't score 14 points bc our D is pretty solid. Blowout central headed CS's way

And what does that say about LH??? LOL

Rocket
09-18-2010, 11:01 AM
If you guys weren't going to beat poor All Saints by 100 I'd go watch that one at Texas Stadium...ohh well I'll try and catch a Brownwood game in the playoffs...dont think Everman's playoff run will be very long this year...LOL

Yeah, it will be fun for the fans for sure. Should be a blowout.

LH_Tuff
09-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Or you can wait for another group to come through LH like the kids in 2006. Gonna be a LOOOOONG wait... LOL

Hopefully, the wait isn't 30 years. :kiss:

ctown
09-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Here's the ridiculousity of Rocket. He actually trusts a poll that only has Celina a few points behind Brownwood.

AP Panther Fan
09-18-2010, 11:38 AM
ughhhh....you guys are feeding the seagulls again and you know how messy that can be.:speech:

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Hey Football fans. Trivia question. Who last won a championship in:

1) The same year Muhammed Ali retired.
2) The last year Madonna was still "Like a Virgin"
3) The same year we learned what AIDS was.
4) The same year Microsoft came out with MS-DOS.
5) Five years before Len Bias died and the Space Shuttle Challenger blew up.
6) Ten years before Operation Desert Storm.
7) Twenty years before 9/11
8) Twenty Nine years from this year.

Opinions of former champs are irrelevant indeed.

garciap77
09-18-2010, 12:01 PM

BW?:D

pirate4state
09-18-2010, 12:08 PM
:sleeping: :blahblah: :sleeping: :blahblah: :sleeping:

Rocket
09-18-2010, 12:36 PM

Apparently my opinion is very relevant. You can't let me go unchecked and every post you make trying to downgrade or take away from Brownwood only makes you look more dumb as we roll on toward #8.

Let's talk about the 2010 Season. THE NOW. Let's talk about how easily Brownwood would whip your wanna be Wimberley team. Yeah, that sounds like fun.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
BW?:D

uno y tres?

gatordaze
09-18-2010, 12:40 PM

Then try Massey it has Brownwood's heralded offense at #21 regardless of class. Oh, and Celina's O is ranked #22 and if we are gonna proclaim the various computer rankings as valid I want to count Massey as well.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Then try Massey it has Brownwood's heralded offense at #21 regardless of class. Oh, and Celina's O is ranked #22 if we are gonna proclaim the various compuer rankings as valid I want to count Massey as well.

Ok cool.. let's look at them all...we are undisputed #1 in 3A. No 1st place votes for Celina. We are 8 points ahead of you (astronomical lead) in the Harris Power Ratings and you get to say you are one point behind in the Massey on offense (which will change after Sville barely loses to 5A power Hebron).

Whoopty freakin' do...Celina sucks.

Milk That Cow
09-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Can somebody post the Massey and Harris ratings links...

gatordaze
09-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Can somebody post the Massey and Harris ratings links...

Google!

firstdown
09-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Massey is free

http://www.masseyratings.com/

Harris ratings are subscription only

http://www.harrisratings.com/

gatordaze
09-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Ok cool.. let's look at them all...we are undisputed #1 in 3A. No 1st place votes for Celina. We are 8 points ahead of you (astronomical lead) in the Harris Power Ratings and you get to say you are one point behind in the Massey on offense (which will change after Sville barely loses to 5A power Hebron).

Whoopty freakin' do...Celina sucks.

Well, although your response makes me want to respond with “nuh huh”, I will feed you intellect...

Does it actually say astronomical?

Are you sure it’s not stupendous or incalculable?

I just don't understand how a bunch of un-recruit able, run of the mill, country boys can even be ranked with the same number of digits as your star-studded program... Must be just bad math on Massey’s part.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Well, although your response makes me want to respond with “nuh huh”, I will feed you intellect...

Does it actually say astronomical?

Are you sure it’s not stupendous or incalculable?

I just don't understand how a bunch of un-recruit able, run of the mill, country boys can even be ranked with the same number of digits as your star-studded program... Must be just bad math on Massey’s part.

According to the Harris rating formulations...yes, 8 points is a (in a country boy's term) bunch.

Let's see the Massey ratings after this week. ;)

Brownwood is rated #14 overall in all classifications in Texas by Massey. I don't see Celina...hmmmm

Oh wait there they are...WAYYYYYYYYY down there at 43... You see gatoraids...you don't get to just compare one aspect of a team, let's look at all aspects. Our defense would chew you up and spit you out. Your defense would get trampled.That's the breaks...

gatordaze
09-18-2010, 01:44 PM
According to the Harris rating formulations...yes, 8 points is a (in a country boy's term) bunch.

Let's see the Massey ratings after this week. ;)

Got it. See if you would just speak clearly all of this could be avoided.

How bout this? Let's put the "who's the best" debate aside until late December. Imagine how much of our lives will be wasted IF Bwood and Celina win their respective divisions? You will have an absolute conniption fit as you proclaim the injustice of not being able to play Celina and PROVE that Bwood is the King of 3A.

IF that happens the beauty in your celebration of your "Dominate" season will be that somewhere in the back of your tiny little mind you will realize that you are still 1 game behind Celina.

Somethings never change.

I will save you some time... "A psychological condition of being extremely upset and frustrated by failure to achieve some goal or inability to obtain some object denied to one. Usually consists of crying, shouting, stamping of feet, throwing of objects, or inappropriate use of words."

Rocket
09-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Got it. See if you would just speak clearly all of this could be avoided.

How bout this? Let's put the "who's the best" debate aside until late December. Imagine how much of our lives will be wasted IF Bwood and Celina win their respective divisions? You will have an absolute conniption fit as you proclaim the injustice of not being able to play Celina and PROVE that Bwood is the King of 3A.

IF that happens the beauty in your celebration of your "Dominate" season will be that somewhere in the back of your tiny little mind will realize that you are still 1 game behind Celina.

Somethings never change.

I will save you some time... "A psychological condition of being extremely upset and frustrated by failure to achieve some goal or inability to obtain some object denied to one. Usually consists of crying, shouting, stamping of feet, throwing of objects, or inappropriate use of words."

By December, there will be no doubt that Brownwood is light years above and beyond better than Celina. There will be no debate. It wouldn't matter if we played you or not. It will be something the whole state agrees on, except of course you orange fellers over in country bumpkin corn heaven town ville...

gatordaze
09-18-2010, 01:53 PM
By December, there will be no doubt that Brownwood is light years above and beyond better than Celina. There will be no debate. It wouldn't matter if we played you or not. It will be something the whole state agrees on, except of course you orange fellers over in country bumpkin corn heaven town ville...

Knew it all along, you don't even know the difference between corn and sorghum. Oh well maybe a trip to the opera is in order for you Rocket!

ctown
09-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Brownwood sucks. Here. Now. Today. Now that's current

OldBison75
09-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Hey, don't anyone tell Rocket, but the Harris in the Harris Rating System is the same Harris that was Secretary of State in Florida during the Bush vs Gore election. Her method of calculating involved hanging chads and probabilities based on whether her make-up was on straight when she looked at briefings. Her name was Catherine Harris I believe.

TheDOCTORdre
09-18-2010, 02:01 PM
The weight of my opinions are held up by you and the people of the DL. You guys give me validity.

no one of any importance on the DL gives your posts much validity:D

oh crap by responding did I give you some added validity:D

LE Dad
09-18-2010, 02:20 PM
LoLions!!!:clap: :clap:

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
ughhhh....you guys are feeding the seagulls again and you know how messy that can be.:speech:

lol
for goodness sake... someone please throw out some alka seltzer...:evillol:

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 04:36 PM
You can't let me go unchecked and every post you make trying to downgrade or take away from Brownwood only makes you look more dumb as we roll on toward #8.

Not saying anything about the Brownwood <bows head> team. This is in reference to your flip flop hypocrisy that is unchecked. That's what is being checked...not the performance of the boys on the field. They rock.

Rabid Cougar
09-18-2010, 05:07 PM

You won't hang 50 on us. That's a promise.

Tin Cup
09-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Lol ok 49 at half at take the foot off the pedal

Bosqueville
09-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Well I hope CS can at least be competitive. It's so boring having the game over by half. Although we are no 2a McGregor.

Tin Cup
09-18-2010, 05:16 PM
If CS stops us HALF the time we will still score 35-40 points. I just can't even imagine your O scoring 28 I'm sorry. Good luck to both teams

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:17 PM

Stephenville said we wouldn't hang 40 on them...LOL and CS can't even hold Stephenville's jock...I am glad we scheduled a pushover for homecoming. Maybe we can hang 100 this week.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Not saying anything about the Brownwood <bows head> team. This is in reference to your flip flop hypocrisy that is unchecked. That's what is being checked...not the performance of the boys on the field. They rock.

They do? Then agree with me. Don't start none, won't be none.

people don't like my smack talk then start taking shots at Brownwood....then round and round we go... just smile and nod...

Rabid Cougar
09-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Stephenville said we wouldn't hang 40 on them...LOL and CS can't even hold Stephenville's jock...I am glad we scheduled a pushover for homecoming. Maybe we can hang 100 this week.

I'm sorry I don't understand... I don't speak Equus africanus asinus.

bobcat1
09-18-2010, 05:32 PM
I love to watch a good football team but they always have a village idiot cheering them on.

Tin Cup
09-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Rabid,

Can you post CS results from this year?

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 05:35 PM
They do? Then agree with me. Don't start none, won't be none.

people don't like my smack talk then start taking shots at Brownwood....then round and round we go... just smile and nod...

I DO agree with you that Brownwood <bows head> looks unstoppable. I do NOT agree with you that they are unstoppable and no one has a chance.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:40 PM
I DO agree with you that Brownwood <bows head> looks unstoppable. I do NOT agree with you that they are unstoppable and no one has a chance.

Who can beat them and why? I have yet to hear a good answer to this question.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I love to watch a good football team but they always have a village idiot cheering them on.

Agreed. Orange Machine.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 05:43 PM

I dont know. Obviously, if we meet, i will say the Texans. Why? Because you gotta believe, no matter what.

ccmom
09-18-2010, 05:46 PM

Who? Any team on any given night

Why? Because this is a GAME played by teenaged human beings. Anything can happen. Statistically speaking, at this point the odds are not in favor of any of your scheduled opponents pulling out a win. The thing is, ratings and statistics don't win games. Hard working, tough and talented kids do....and sometimes those same kids lose games.

Not the answer you were looking for, I am sure, but anyway...

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:46 PM
I dont know. Obviously, if we meet, i will say the Texans. Why? Because you gotta believe, no matter what.

Can't argue with that logic... :)

Rocket
09-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Who? Any team on any given night

Why? Because this is a GAME played by teenaged human beings. Anything can happen. Statistically speaking, at this point the odds are not in favor of any of your scheduled opponents pulling out a win. The thing is, ratings and statistics don't win games. Hard working, tough and talented kids do....and sometimes those same kids lose games.

No the answer you were looking for, I am sure, but anyway...

I understand all of this. But when I am talking smack, I am talking it based on a healthy Brownwood team playing up to their potential. :)

Rabid Cougar
09-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Rabid,

Can you post CS results from this year?

Lost at Mexia 46-31 - Totally out of the game at half down 28-7. Was going in for tie but lost fumbl at 5 yard line that was returned for TD with less than a minute to go.e

Win vs Glen Rose 17-7 - tough rivalry game.

Win at Liberty Hill 23-21 - Exciting ballgame on thier home field.

Win vs McGregor 26-0 - Game was over at Halftime. Lots of coaching going on in the Second half with subs getting lots of time.

No question that Brownwood is very good and it is a very steep hill to climb for China Spring. But I have also seen LOTS of games that China Spring was not even supposed to be on the same field as the opponent and somehow made it a game or won it.

skins4life
09-18-2010, 06:41 PM
I am just arguing cuz that is what I like to do! LOL [/B][/QUOTE]

And you do that WELL!!! :D :D :D

Rocket
09-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Lost at Mexia 46-31 - Totally out of the game at half down 28-7. Was going in for tie but lost fumbl at 5 yard line that was returned for TD with less than a minute to go.e

Win vs McGregor 26-0 - Game was over at Halftime. Lots of coaching going on in the Second half with subs getting lots of time.

No question that Brownwood is very good and it is a very steep hill to climb for China Spring. But I have also seen LOTS of games that China Spring was not even supposed to be on the same field as the opponent and somehow made it a game or won it.

Let's hope CS can at least make a game of it. I am tired of watching us kill everybody. Wait, no I'm not...

skins4life
09-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Let's hope CS can at least make a game of it. I am tired of watching us kill everybody. Wait, no I'm not...

ROLFL at Rocket :D :D :D

You're too funny dude

garciap77
09-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Let's hope CS can at least make a game of it. I am tired of watching us kill everybody. Wait, no I'm not... :sleeping:

hollywood
09-18-2010, 07:47 PM
[B]Lost at Mexia 46-31 - Totally out of the game at half down 28-7. Was going in for tie but lost fumbl at 5 yard line that was returned for TD with less than a minute to go.e

Oh my RC. I respect homer support. You will see how special this 2010 edition Brownwood Lions team is Friday night. Only chance China Spring has is to stop Brownwood's O. Not going to happen. Way too many weapons.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 09:02 PM
He really is rabid... :rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2010, 09:34 PM
I am tired of watching us kill everybody.

Don't worry. You'll play Snyder soon enough.

BEAST
09-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Bring em. We know how to handle their blitzes. When you bring the house, you leave single coverage. Hahahahaha.

By the way, when did water boys start boasting for Snyder.

BEAST

Rocket
09-18-2010, 09:43 PM

Snyder will get exposed soon enough. Let them keep basking in their false sense of accomplishment. It will be so much fun spanking them.

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Snyder will get exposed soon enough. Let them keep basking in their false sense of accomplishment. It will be so much fun spanking them.

Maybe...maybe not. But like I was telling 3 of your fellow Woodians
at the game last night, Snyder is the only team left on your regular
season schedule that might provide a challenge.

Rocket
09-18-2010, 10:12 PM

Agreed. They will make it a game until halftime and it will take all they have to do that. Then Act II...

OPERATOR
09-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Agreed. They will make it a game until halftime and it will take all they have to do that. Then Act II...

:rolleyes:

BEAST
09-18-2010, 10:15 PM

Key word in your post is "might". When they put their Qb on D against Jaxon, what'll happen when we run both of our 200+ lbs running backs at him?

BEAST

OPERATOR
09-18-2010, 10:17 PM
So ready for Brownwood to get beat by someone so this guy will dissapear.

OldBison75
09-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Even if Brownwood loses this year, Rocket will never admit it was by a better team. There will be a million excuses about injured players, bad refs, and any other thing he can think of. Only Brownwood beats Brownwood--no other team is capable of beating them according to Rocket.

I applaud his devotion to the Lions, but we all have to eat crow sometime---except when we refuse to accept that we and sometimes out team is human.

BEAST
09-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by OPERATOR
So ready for Brownwood to get beat by someone so this guy will dissapear.

Which guy operator? Most of the Wood posters have been here since 08'. Not likely to leave. You can though....

BEAST

BEAST
09-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Even if Brownwood loses this year, Rocket will never admit it was by a better team. There will be a million excuses about injured players, bad refs, and any other thing he can think of. Only Brownwood beats Brownwood--no other team is capable of beating them according to Rocket.

I applaud his devotion to the Lions, but we all have to eat crow sometime---except when we refuse to accept that we and sometimes out team is human.

Rocket as well as all the Wood guys have eaten crow every time it was served.

BEAST

ccmom
09-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Nope. IF they get beat, he won't disappear. He'll start on his 2010 version of the Rocket Excuse Tour.

OPERATOR
09-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Which guy operator? Most of the Wood posters have been here since 08'. Not likely to leave. You can though....

BEAST

lol yeah and Rocket dissapears every year after his Lions get beat. Don't get me wrong the Lions are a very good team and will go far.

OldBison75
09-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Beast, I did not say he or any other Brownwood poster has not eaten crow. I said Rocket sometimes has to eat crow, but he also finds it hard to not spice it up with a excuse sauce.

OPERATOR
09-18-2010, 10:35 PM

BEAST

Thats not what he said.

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Why would Rogers put Ward in to play defense against BW in a
district game and risk him getting injured unless seeding mattered
and it doesn't. Have you seen the teams in 6-3A? Lol

Rocket
09-19-2010, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Beast, I did not say he or any other Brownwood poster has not eaten crow. I said Rocket sometimes has to eat crow, but he also finds it hard to not spice it up with a excuse sauce.

The only excuse I used last year was us losing Brown. And as you can see, it is a valid one. If a healthy Brownwood team gets beat, I'll have no excuses and I'll eat the crow.

Not gonna happen Friday. LOL

orange machine
09-19-2010, 12:41 AM
Agreed. Orange Machine.
That wasn't very nice I think you are attacking me personally and I'm offended!

OPERATOR
09-19-2010, 12:41 AM
The only excuse I used last year was us losing Brown. And as you can see, it is a valid one. If a healthy Brownwood team gets beat, I'll have no excuses and I'll eat the crow.

Not gonna happen Friday. LOL

haha man in all honesty this board would be boring without Rocket.

Falcongrad&Dad
09-19-2010, 12:45 AM
three seasons in a season...non-district...district....play-offs..ratings mean nothing...you get to the play-offs and go week to week. Enjoy the high ratings all you want...but in the end it's how finishes the season with a win in their last game....just saying...you never know!

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 03:06 AM

BEAST

Which would be two years in a row.

buckeyebob
09-19-2010, 06:33 AM

Orange & Black fellers if you please....not corn heaven...Tater Town if you please.
It is hard to compare Bwood to many teams since you seldom make it past District Play, but I am sure the "the whole state" agrees that only Bwood is capable of beating Bwood. But the only thing i can compare is 2009...Bwood took a spanking from Wylie and the East Texas Buckeyes gave them one (in the State Championship Game...something Bwood has little experience with). I will admit you put 24 on LaVega last year,,,good job...we managed to squeeze out 44 in Regional Play. Who did y'all beat in Regional? Sorrry that was tackey.
My point is that the reigning State Champs in 3A are East Texas Bred...Bulldogs & Buckeyes. Perhaps the computers know it all and Bwood will not defeat Bwood this year and next year they may make the State Champ claim. For now, let's see how you do in District Play and not get the cart before the horse. I am sure you will do fine, however; be carefull in Week 8...it will be a rough one for you.

PS...my bad...I just discovered you were smash mouthing another orange team, not ours...but still an East Texan Team that concerns you, and rightly so. I should not have taken it so personally.

Rocket
09-19-2010, 08:17 AM
Here is the difference...

Stephenville beat us by 35 last year, and we beat the snot out of them this year pulling our starters in the third quarter. We could have hung 70 on them.

We had a major injury last year losing our QB in the third game, the same one that broke 1000 yards passing Friday night in the 1st Qtr.

Against Wylie we played with 4 different QBs. We then go on to beat Graham, who barely lost to Carthage and beat Wylie.

Against Wimberley we lost Longoria, and were still without our QB1 and it still took everything Wimberley had to beat us. Didn't matter, they didn't pee a drop against Graham any way.

How good would Gilmer have been without stump? LOL

Here is the deal, buckeye bob, you are ignorant and you have the same exact mindset as Stephenville. And we saw what happened to stephenville. LOL

Against Wimberley we lost Longoria on the third play of the game.

Rocket
09-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Falcongrad&Dad
three seasons in a season...non-district...district....play-offs..ratings mean nothing...you get to the play-offs and go week to week. Enjoy the high ratings all you want...but in the end it's how finishes the season with a win in their last game....just saying...you never know!

Of course you never know! That is what is so fun about actually watching it and enjoying the ride. We had the talent to win it all last year and we really have it this year. If it happens or not is the story we get to watch unfold. So far, I can't put this book down because it just keeps getting better and better! ;)

I think we know how the season works...:rolleyes:

Right now, nobody can touch Brownwood in 3A. That is the simple fact. And the AP agrees...

Emerson1
09-19-2010, 09:21 AM
The starters were in against Stepenville well into the 4th. We left halfway through the quarter and got to our car and they were still in.

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The starters were in against Stepenville well into the 4th. We left halfway through the quarter and got to our car and they were still in.

Starters were pulled with 7 min left in the 4th.

We could have put 7 or 14 more up, but it wasn't necessary.... although if Coach Allen had still been here it would have happened.

Rabid Cougar
09-19-2010, 10:13 AM
He really is rabid... :rolleyes:

Foaming..... :ack!: :ack!:

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 10:21 AM
...the same one that broke 1000 yards passing Friday night in the 1st Qtr.

In one game??? Damn...your boys are SuperMen!

50 yard line fan
09-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Starters were pulled with 7 min left in the 4th.

We could have put 7 or 14 more up, but it wasn't necessary.... although if Coach Allen had still been here it would have happened.

Boy that's a fact. My senior year, I believe we were up 55-0 at the half and the starters were still in the game in the 3rd. Game was in Stephenville too.

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 11:11 AM
In one game??? Damn...your boys are SuperMen!

No, he hit 1,000 yards passing thru 2 qtrs against Gatesville, 2 qtrs vs Graham, 3 1/2 qtrs vs Sville, and 1 qtr vs Llano

So.... roughly a little over 2 games

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2010, 11:12 AM

Right now, nobody can touch Brownwood in 3A. That is the simple fact. And the AP agrees...
So the Associated Press stated that no team in 3A can touch Brownwood? Realllllly???? That's what that poll is about? :doh:

Daddy D 11
09-19-2010, 12:02 PM
We had a major injury last year losing our QB in the third game, the same one that broke 1000 yards passing Friday night in the 1st Qtr.

He passed for 1000 yards in the first quarter last friday?

Rocket
09-19-2010, 12:03 PM
He passed for 1000 yards in the first quarter last friday?

Yeah, for the season...

Rocket
09-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
So the Associated Press stated that no team in 3A can touch Brownwood? Realllllly???? That's what that poll is about? :doh:

Basically...

fresh-j
09-19-2010, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rocket
[B]How good would Gilmer have been without stump? LOL

Still better than Brownwood :p :cool: , his recievers were bigger stronger and faster than all of Brownwoods except one, Jaxon (Bow down to him I know, he's better than all of the Gilmer recievers but as a core they were much better) and he had a linemen that plays in the big 12. Lol

:D

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2010, 12:08 PM
Basically...
Well not that we have that cleared up...take a stroll back to 2008 and dig through the AP rankings. :thinking:

Daddy D 11
09-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Yeah, for the season...

Well, you need to clarify that:D

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Well not that we have that cleared up...take a stroll back to 2008 and dig through the AP rankings. :thinking:

ouch.

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2010, 12:15 PM
ouch.
Hey, at least we had a big win streak going & a couple of rings to go with it! ;)

Rocket
09-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by fresh-j
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rocket
[B]How good would Gilmer have been without stump? LOL

Still better than Brownwood :p :cool: , his recievers were bigger stronger and faster than all of Brownwoods except one, Jaxon (Bow down to him I know, he's better than all of the Gilmer recievers but as a core they were much better) and he had a linemen that plays in the big 12. Lol

:D

Who was gonna throw them big WRs the ball, Einstein?

Rocket
09-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Well, you need to clarify that:D

Your common sense broken? haha

Rocket
09-19-2010, 12:27 PM

Your 2008 team would have got SPANKED by this 2010 Brownwood team.... and that is a fact. It would have been a blood bath...

Just to give you some perspective..

It took all y'all had to beat our 3-7 team..:rolleyes:

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Hey, at least we had a big win streak going & a couple of rings to go with it! ;)

Until Brownwood <bows head> proves something, I'll take LH 06/07 as the better teams (and wimberley 05 as better than that!).

fresh-j
09-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Who was gonna throw them big WRs the ball, Einstein?

I'm sure they could have had a 3rd string QB do it :rolleyes: :p

Rocket
09-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Until Brownwood <bows head> proves something, I'll take LH 06/07 as the better teams (and wimberley 05 as better than that!).

Cool, when the season is over, we can look back and make our comparisons...The Slot T is a joke.

Oh the good ol' days, huh LHPM and Wimbo? LOL

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Cool, when the season is over, we can look back and make our comparisons...The Slot T is a joke.

Yeah...they laughed all the way to two consecutive State Titles with it. Get back to us when you do the same.

Rocket
09-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Yeah...they laughed all the way to two consecutive State Titles with it. Get back to us when you do the same.

3A... LOL the only place that Slot T crap could work like that.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 12:32 PM
3A... LOL the only place that Slot T crap could work like that.

Maybe so...but its the 3A Championship we are all shooting for...so...whats your point?

Rocket
09-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Maybe so...but its the 3A Championship we are all shooting for...so...whats your point?

Brownwoods '81 team could have beat Wimberleys 05 team... What's your point?

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Brownwoods '81 team could have beat Wimberleys 05 team... What's your point?

Not a chance...your guys would have been too old.

Rocket
09-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Not a chance...your guys would have been too old.

The only reason LH won in '06 and '07 is because Brownwood was 4A. Hahaha

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 12:52 PM
The only reason LH won in '06 and '07 is because Brownwood was 4A. Hahaha

and losing in 4A too.

Rocket
09-19-2010, 12:55 PM
and losing in 4A too.

Nope. Quarterfinals, son...

SintonFan
09-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Brownwood<bows head and curtsies> would beat the Dallas Cowboys...:eek:

Rocket
09-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Brownwood<bows head and curtsies> would beat the Dallas Cowboys...:eek:

Lol no way...

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Nope. Quarterfinals, son...

Where you lost. Didnt even get out of Region? My oh My.

Daddy D 11
09-19-2010, 01:03 PM
you two cut it out!

SintonFan
09-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Lol no way...

Are you being facetious?:stirpot:

Rocket
09-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Where you lost. Didnt even get out of Region? My oh My.

Ohhhh so the only good teams are those who get out of the Region. I'm finding the line now... LOL

SHUT UP WIMBO!!!

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2010, 01:21 PM

It took all y'all had to beat our 3-7 team..:rolleyes:
And? The last time I checked, more points scored & less points allowed is still a "WIN". Oh, I know...you had no defense because it moved off. Interestingly enough, our "weak" defensive secondary managed a couple of picks off your highly touted D1 QB. You started out that season ranked # 3 according to DCTF. Little did Padilla know at that time that "3" was a telling number for the 'Wood that year. :thinking:

Congrats to the Brownwood TEAM for their stellar season, so far, this year. Just know that when they lose, maybe not this year, but they will, I can imagine there will be a few hundred 3ADL posters waiting for the moment to say "put that in your pipe and smoke it, Rocket...what's your excuse this time?".

And I know the drill - don't take you seriously. I don't but I do think that deep down, you do believe about 85% of the regurgitation you spew. ;)

Rocket
09-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Yes! Finally I got LHPM to fire back! Sweeeeeet...

If a healthy Brownwood team gets beat, then my hat will go off! And your traffic numbers will go through the roof on this site. Quit your complaining...

Where are they now? - LH Edition

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Yes! Finally I got LHPM to fire back! Sweeeeeet...

If a healthy Brownwood team gets beat, then my hat will go off! And your traffic numbers will go through the roof on this site. Quit your complaining...

Where are they now? - LH Edition

John Henkley finally got people to respond to him as well...by shooting President Reagan the same year you last won a state championship. Just thought the irony of this little factoid was too much to let pass.

Rocket
09-19-2010, 01:39 PM
John Henkley finally got people to respond to him as well...by shooting President Reagan the same year you last won a state championship. Just thought the irony of this little factoid was too much to let pass.

Hmmmm... LOL

ctown
09-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Are you being facetious?:stirpot:

Not facetious, fecalicious. :mad:

Eagle 1
09-19-2010, 04:58 PM
And? The last time I checked, more points scored & less points allowed is still a "WIN". Oh, I know...you had no defense because it moved off. Interestingly enough, our "weak" defensive secondary managed a couple of picks off your highly touted D1 QB. You started out that season ranked # 3 according to DCTF. Little did Padilla know at that time that "3" was a telling number for the 'Wood that year. :thinking:

Congrats to the Brownwood TEAM for their stellar season, so far, this year. Just know that when they lose, maybe not this year, but they will, I can imagine there will be a few hundred 3ADL posters waiting for the moment to say "put that in your pipe and smoke it, Rocket...what's your excuse this time?".

And I know the drill - don't take you seriously. I don't but I do think that deep down, you do believe about 85% of the regurgitation you spew. ;)

LHPM, just remind Rocket the teams Brownwood have beat this year are are a combined 7-8.
Not exactly world beaters. ;)

BEAST
09-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
LHPM, just remind Rocket the teams Brownwood have beat this year are are a combined 7-8.

Let's just look at Stephenville. Their other 2 losses are by Aledo and Hebron. Both very strong teams. Combined score of those 2 games are 37-17. Brownwood beat Stephenville 49-16. Hmmmm

BEAST

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 05:26 PM

Why don't you figure out that half of those 8 losses were to Brownwood. So against opponents besides us they are 7-4. On top of that 2 of those losses were to 4A #1 and to a 5A.

The only team we've played with a losing record is Stephenville... that says enough in itself.

You might want to worry more about Goldthwaite being the only win for the team you lost to (who is now 1-3)

Rocket
09-19-2010, 06:06 PM

Lol Brownwood beat the nasty out of Stephenville just like they did Llano. Llano would kill Goldthwaite... How's that for some perspective?

Displaced Texan
09-19-2010, 07:46 PM
I haven't read the entire thread and won't because of the geek who calls himself "Rocket".

Here is a little fact about The Harris Poll. The Harris Poll was started by a chain smoking Homer from Brownwood named John Harris. Brownwood has always been over ranked in this poll even though John Harris assumed room temperature several years ago from to many unfiltered camels.

I don't mind the likes of Lloyd Clippenger who actually played on the last championship team or Randy Weehunt who has followed the Lions as long as you have been on this world (I won't use there user as I have way too much respect for them).

Rocket on the other hand, you where still sucking on your mom's hind teat when Brownwood last won a state championship and probably have very little memory of that game against FB Willowridge.

You are a hypocrite my friend who disses about everyone here discussing the past, yet you bring up Stephenville a team you beat 10 days ago. The last time I checked that is in the past.

Brownwood is good this year I will grant you that but there are still 12 games left for the Lions to win. Don't put the cart in front of the horse yet.

It is very apparent to me you never sniffed Gordon Woods philosophy on winning because you certainly act like you have never been there before.

As a Brownwood fan, I am embarrassed that you behave this way. Maybe because you can hide behind your keyboard, tough guy!

fresh-j
09-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Displaced Texan
I haven't read the entire thread and won't because of the geek who calls himself "Rocket".

Here is a little fact about The Harris Poll. The Harris Poll was started by a chain smoking Homer from Brownwood named John Harris. Brownwood has always been over ranked in this poll even though John Harris assumed room temperature several years ago from to many unfiltered camels.

I don't mind the likes of Lloyd Clippenger who actually played on the last championship team or Randy Weehunt who has followed the Lions as long as you have been on this world (I won't use there user as I have way too much respect for them).

Rocket on the other hand, you where still sucking on your mom's hind teat when Brownwood last won a state championship and probably have very little memory of that game against FB Willowridge.

You are a hypocrite my friend who disses about everyone here discussing the past, yet you bring up Stephenville a team you beat 10 days ago. The last time I checked that is in the past.

Brownwood is good this year I will grant you that but there are still 12 games left for the Lions to win. Don't put the cart in front of the horse yet.

It is very apparent to me you never sniffed Gordon Woods philosophy on winning because you certainly act like you have never been there before.

As a Brownwood fan, I am embarrassed that you behave this way. Maybe because you can hide behind your keyboard, tough guy!

:smoker:

BEAST
09-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Easy there displaced Texan. Rocket has met quite a few of these posters and they all like him. It's all trash talk. In case you haven't noticed, he isn't the only one that does it. All the Celina fans do. LE is quite good at it. Gilmer and Carthage fans do to. Breath deep my friend. If you can't take things with a grain of salt on here, it's gonna be a long ride for you on here.

BEAST

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 07:53 PM
BAM!!! Don't go now Rocket,this is gonna get interesting!! He brings up a good question...what would Coach Wood think of this type of disrespectful trash talk, even though the "I am just kidding" caboose is adding on the end of it?

Displaced Texan
09-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Easy there displaced Texan. Rocket has met quite a few of these posters and they all like him. It's all trash talk. In case you haven't noticed, he isn't the only one that does it. All the Celina fans do. LE is quite good at it. Gilmer and Carthage fans do to. Breath deep my friend. If you can't take things with a grain of salt on here, it's gonna be a long ride for you on here.

BEAST

Beast, I don't need you telling me one way or the otherl.

It's OK for Rocket to talk trash, but no one else. Get a grip.

The ride for me is an easy one, the sooner you realize that the better off you will be. Like I said before I am a Brownwood fan and have been longer than the first diaper was slapped on your behind.

I am one of the few rational Brownwood fans that know what a meaningful victory is and we haven't had one since Dec of 81.

BEAST
09-19-2010, 08:07 PM
I didn't say it was ok for Rocket to trash talk and others couldn't. Since you've been around so long you eyes might be failing you. I said everybody does. Why do you think you can come on here and bash people. Isn't that what you are mad at Rocket about.....

BEAST

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Like I said before I am a Brownwood fan and have been longer than the first diaper was slapped on your behind.

I'm not defending Rocket, but the way you say this makes it sound like fans that weren't born before 1981 have no right to be fans.

Tin Cup
09-19-2010, 08:13 PM
I was born after 81 and I didn't play high school football. Guess I'm not a Brownwood fan either

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 08:18 PM
I am one of the few rational Brownwood fans that know what a meaningful victory is and we haven't had one since Dec of 81.

648 victories in football for Brownwood High School all time. Only 7 of them meant anything. I guess those other 641 should be forgotten.... I mean heck, it's not like they helped build/maintain a winning tradition.

Displaced Texan = Displaced Mind... proved by moving to California

Rocket
09-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Whoa!!!

Yeah I will be the first to admit I get out of hand. Hey Texan, sorry if our philosophies don't line up exactly on the idea of smack talk. And I'm sorry if you don't like me, but guess what! I could care less. Really.

I knew Coach Wood and got to talk to him many times. He was a great man. What you fans need to know is there are Brownwood fans like this knucklehead that run down Brownwood football for the fact that nobody has been able to repeat the success of the Wood era. They can't stand the new playoff format and they really hated Freeman. I supported Freeman and the program no matter what and did battle with these jacka**es nonstop on BrownwoodLions.com. He, no doubt, is one of them.

We have had plenty of good runs and big wins since the Wood era and now that he sees Shipley threatening that Wood Era success, he's all up in a tizzy.

I challenge you to put your name out there Mr. Texan.

I will admit to a few things. I love the Brownwood Lions. I have for 26 years. I also respect Gordon Wood and the legacy. I apologize when I get a little out of hand and I know I have been a little over the edge lately. Either way, I'll do better and tone it down, a little. Haha

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 08:22 PM

He put other's names out there... let's see if he puts his own.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 08:24 PM
I took his post to be summarized best in his sentence "As a Brownwood fan, I am embarrassed that you behave this way". Is he the only one?

Rocket
09-19-2010, 08:26 PM
I took his post to be summarized best in his sentence "As a Brownwood fan, I am embarrassed that you behave this way". Is he the only one?

He has a hidden motive... Trust me.

What do you people not like? The fact that I don't like certain teams and voice it? The fact that I think Brownwood is gonna whip your team? People like wimbo are a bunch of crybabies. Man up., wimbo... Quit your ballin'...

Tin Cup
09-19-2010, 08:26 PM
My dad was mentioned and he never posts or reads this board at all. Leave full names of others out of this please I don't appreciate it frankly

LE Dad
09-19-2010, 08:28 PM

As a Brownwood fan, I am embarrassed that you behave this way. Maybe because you can hide behind your keyboard, tough guy! Sir, you are my hero!! i knew there had to be a B'wood fan out there somewhere that felt this way. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Displaced Texan
09-19-2010, 08:31 PM
648 victories in football for Brownwood High School all time. Only 7 of them meant anything. I guess those other 641 should be forgotten.... I mean heck, it's not like they helped build/maintain a winning tradition.

Displaced Texan = Displaced Mind... proved by moving to California

Just because I live in CA doesn't mean squat. I hate it but guess what! It's where my job is. I think Rocket is perfectly capable of speaking for himself. Nice of you trying to help him out.

There were several meaningful victories other than the 7 you speak of. There was a time when only one made it out of district and one of the best teams Brownwood ever had didn't. Now the system rewards mediocre teams and that is unfortunately why our great county is where it is now, but that's for another time.

You seem to forget, I am a Brownwood fan and have been for a long time, I expect everyone to act like we've been there before. I guess I'm expecting way to much!!!:rolleyes:

Eagle 1
09-19-2010, 08:32 PM
Lol Brownwood beat the nasty out of Stephenville just like they did Llano. Llano would kill Goldthwaite... How's that for some perspective?
Didn't Bangs beat Llano?
Goldthwaite didn't have much problem with Bang in our scrimmage.
It ended 3-3, but really 2-1 with the first string players.
I have often wondered why we don't play Llano.
You have never seen us play, yet you constantly put our team down.

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 08:32 PM

There were several meaningful victories other than the 7 you speak of. There was a time when only one made it out of district and one of the best teams Brownwood ever had didn't. Now the system rewards mediocre teams and that is unfortunately why our great county is where it is now, but that's for another time.

Genius you are the one who said we haven't had a meaningful victory since 1981 and implied anyone who was born after the mid-late 70s doesn't know anything.

Rocket
09-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Just because I live in CA doesn't mean squat. I hate it but guess what! It's where my job is. I think Rocket is perfectly capable of speaking for himself. Nice of you trying to help him out.

You seem to forget, I am a Brownwood fan and have been for a long time, I expect everyone to act like we've been there before. I guess I'm expecting way to much!!!:rolleyes:

Exhibit A

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 08:35 PM
I think Rocket is perfectly capable of speaking for himself. Nice of you trying to help him out.

Did you miss where I said I wasn't defending Rocket? I was arguing your statement that there has been a meaningful victory since 1981.

Reading comprehension, old timer.

LE Dad
I took his post to be summarized best in his sentence "As a Brownwood fan, I am embarrassed that you behave this way". Is he the only one? Let me add to it just a little"while invoking the name of our school"

wimbo_pro

What do you people not like? The fact that I don't like certain teams and voice it? The fact that I think Brownwood is gonna whip your team? People like wimbo are a bunch of crybabies. Man up., wimbo... Quit your ballin'...

It's the total lack of respect for others, especially when you have little to go on except future hopes.

Eagle 1
09-19-2010, 08:36 PM

http://i55.tinypic.com/2ivmwjk.gif

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 08:36 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2ivmwjk.gif

LOLOLOL

Rocket
09-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Didn't Bangs beat Llano?
Goldthwaite didn't have much problem with Bang in our scrimmage.
It ended 3-3, but really 2-1 with the first string players.
I have often wondered why we don't play Llano.
You have never seen us play, yet you constantly put our team down.

Run along little Giligan, the Skipper is about to handle some real business.

Displaced Texan
09-19-2010, 08:37 PM
I didn't say it was ok for Rocket to trash talk and others couldn't. Since you've been around so long you eyes might be failing you. I said everybody does. Why do you think you can come on here and bash people. Isn't that what you are mad at Rocket about.....

BEAST

Did I bash you? No, my eyes are just fine, thanks for your concern. Just because I don't have as many post as you do, does that make my post irrelevant?

Who says I am mad at Rocket? Did I say that since you think I have been around so long. Nothing could be further from the truth! Now run along and untwist your drawers because they are apparently all twisted into a knot.;)

Eagle 1
09-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Why don't you figure out that half of those 8 losses were to Brownwood. So against opponents besides us they are 7-4. On top of that 2 of those losses were to 4A #1 and to a 5A.

The only team we've played with a losing record is Stephenville... that says enough in itself.

You might want to worry more about Goldthwaite being the only win for the team you lost to (who is now 1-3)

Twist it how you want, it doesnt change the fact that they are 7-8.
A one point loss to a 2A team that is actually better than their record doesn't really bother me.;)

Eagle 1
09-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Run along little Giligan, the Skipper is about to handle some real business.

This from a guy who is about half my size. :D

LE Dad

You seem to forget, I am a Brownwood fan and have been for a long time, I expect everyone to act like we've been there before. I guess I'm expecting way to much!!!:rolleyes: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rocket
It's the total lack of respect for others, especially when you have little to go on except future hopes.

It's smack talkin'!!! And I admitted I get out of hand. I'll tone it down for the over-sensitive types. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Ok people, let's slap each other's butts until December. Yawn.

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Twist it how you want, it doesnt change the fact that they are 7-8.
A one point loss to a 2A team that is actually better than their record doesn't really bother me.;)

It's not twisting it, it's a fact. Your statement that our opponents are 7-8 is no different then after the first game if you had said our opponents are a combined 0-1.

Guess what, our opponents would be 11-4 if we sucked and hadn't beaten them. You can't really count their losses to us as their record against other teams.

Again, quit worrying about us. You have a good team of your own to be cheering for.

Eagle 1
09-19-2010, 08:43 PM
It's not twisting it, it's a fact. Your statement that our opponents are 7-8 is no different then after the first game if you had said our opponents are a combined 0-1.

Guess what, our opponents would be 11-4 if we sucked and hadn't beaten them. You can't really count their losses to us as their record against other teams.

Again, quit worrying about us. You have a good team of your own to be cheering for.

So if you not going to count thoses losses to Brownwood, then why should you count them as wins?
Using that logic that makes Brownwood 0-0. :thinking:

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 08:44 PM
So if you not going to count thoses losses to Brownwood, then why should you count them as wins?

I guess we should throw those first games to make our SOS look stronger.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 08:45 PM

OK...I'm confused now.

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 08:46 PM
OK...I'm confused now.

It's Goldthwaite Eagle logic

Eagle 1
09-19-2010, 08:48 PM
I guess we should throw those first games to make our SOS look stronger.
The fact is, that only one team yall have beat has a winning record.
Is that not true?
Gatesville 2-2
Graham 2-1
Stephenville 1-3
Llano 2-2

BEAST
09-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Hey displaced, what are your thoughts on this coaching staff and all the others post Wood? Since you've been a fan for so long I'd love to get your take. Please enlighten.

BEAST

BEAST
09-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Is that not true?
Gatesville 2-2
Graham 2-1
Stephenville 1-3
Llano 2-2

True, and we slammed all of them.

BEAST

Displaced Texan
09-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Whoa!!!

Yeah I will be the first to admit I get out of hand. Hey Texan, sorry if our philosophies don't line up exactly on the idea of smack talk. And I'm sorry if you don't like me, but guess what! I could care less. Really.

I knew Coach Wood and got to talk to him many times. He was a great man. What you fans need to know is there are Brownwood fans like this knucklehead that run down Brownwood football for the fact that nobody has been able to repeat the success of the Wood era. They can't stand the new playoff format and they really hated Freeman. I supported Freeman and the program no matter what and did battle with these jacka**es nonstop on BrownwoodLions.com. He, no doubt, is one of them.

We have had plenty of good runs and big wins since the Wood era and now that he sees Shipley threatening that Wood Era success, he's all up in a tizzy.

I will admit to a few things. I love the Brownwood Lions. I have for 26 years. I also respect Gordon Wood and the legacy. I apologize when I get a little out of hand and I know I have been a little over the edge lately. Either way, I'll do better and tone it down, a little. Haha

I am tickled to death that Coach Shipley is at Brownwood and bringing the Lions back to their rightful throne as the Kings of 3A football.

It concerns me that you and your little band of merry boys think they have to boast Brownwood up by tearing everybody down. I have no problem with trash talk, I am a master at it but it's when it gets out of hand and someone starts sounding like a broken record that it needs to stop. Bring something new to the table.

As for you toning it down, I was born at night but not last night so don't be saying things you don't mean.

My name is of no concern to you, you wouldn't know me but I will tell you this. The next time I come down which will be hopefully when I get out of this hell hole I will come to Hobbs and buy you lunch.

As far as a knucklehead like me, call me what you want that is your right. I've been called worse by better people than you. I have been a Brownwood Lion fan for 34 years and have seen every State Championship we have one and one we didn't.

We're on the same team but you just aren't smart enough to realize it.

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Is that not true?
Gatesville 2-2
Graham 2-1
Stephenville 1-3
Llano 2-2

Ok, I'm tired of arguing with you... so this will be my final post on this subject... So say what you want after this I'm through having meaningless arguments with someone who lives on a 3A board but supports a 1A team.

Yes what you posted is true. What I posted is also true. Those teams are 7-8 if you count their combined 4 losses to Brownwood. They are 7-4 against opponents other than Brownwood. We have only beaten one team that has a winning record.

Now for you and what you should be more concerned with. Since you have so much knowledge of Brownwood, I went and looked up your opponents. You have beaten NO ONE with a winning record, and even LOST to a team with a losing record. Records below:

Thrall 2-2
San Saba 1-3
Callisburg 1-3
Grape Creek 1-3

Combined record of your opponents: 5-11

Again, I am through with this topic with you. This is one of those situations where we will just have to agree to disagree. Everything I posted is a fact, everything you posted is a fact. I give a different viewpoint of how to interpret that fact. If you don't like it that's fine.

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 08:55 PM

Rocket
09-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Hey displaced, what are your thoughts on this coaching staff and all the others post Wood? Since you've been a fan for so long I'd love to get your take. Please enlighten.

BEAST

He thinks that most of Freeman's teams should have never sniffed the playoffs. He thinks that the whole playoff system is diluted. He thinks a State Champion should never be a team that didn't win their district. He thinks that people like us that didn't watch him and his buddies actually win those championships have no right to even discuss it. He thinks Brownwood football is a joke and the only true coach was Gordon Wood. He thinks that guys like me that supported the Brownwood program through thick and thin are nothing but cheerleaders and have no idea about REAL Brownwood football.

I have heard it 1000 times from these "Brownwood" fans. They are like the Miami Dolphin team and Shula that celebrate when the current undefeated team gets beat to say see, we were the true legends.

Don't be fooled people. This guy isn't a Brownwood fan, he is a fan that stopped cheering after 1981 and after Wood retired.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 08:56 PM
I am tickled to death that Coach Shipley is at Brownwood and bringing the Lions back to their rightful throne as the Kings of 3A football.

It concerns me that you and your little band of merry boys think they have to boast Brownwood up by tearing everybody down. I have no problem with trash talk, I am a master at it but it's when it gets out of hand and someone starts sounding like a broken record that it needs to stop. Bring something new to the table.

As for you toning it down, I was born at night but not last night so don't be saying things you don't mean.

My name is of no concern to you, you wouldn't know me but I will tell you this. The next time I come down which will be hopefully when I get out of this hell hole I will come to Hobbs and buy you lunch.

As far as a knucklehead like me, call me what you want that is your right. I've been called worse by better people than you. I have been a Brownwood Lion fan for 34 years and have seen every State Championship we have one and one we didn't.

And suddenly...the 3AdownLow landscape changes...welcome Displaced Texan!! And good luck to your Lions this year...they are looking awfully tough right now.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 08:58 PM

Don't be fooled people. This guy isn't a Brownwood fan, he is a fan that stopped cheering after 1981 and after Wood retired.

Is this where we don't take you seriously...again?

Rocket
09-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Is this where we don't take you seriously...again?

It doesn't matter, you take me seriously every time I post something. why would it change now? LOL

BLACK ATTACK
09-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Well I've read all 14 pages of this and still wondering.....who cares!

LE Dad
09-19-2010, 09:04 PM

We're on the same team but you just aren't smart enough to realize it. You sound like a true football fan to me!!:clap: :clap:
I am certainly glad to see you on the board. Hope to see you on often.:cool:

Rocket
09-19-2010, 09:07 PM

Oh we are on the same team? Good to know...

Rah rah shiskoombah... Yay Wimberley! Go beat those pesky Tigers Friday! Yippeee!!!!

Go LE! Go go go go! Fight fight fight fight! Win win win win! Yeehaw!

If this is all true what you say, then I will be waiting for you to show up and buy me some lunch so we can talk about Brownwood football.

Let me break this whole thing down to you...

My shtick is this...

When we dropped to 3A, we were just another has been that would learn that 3A is just so tough and that Brownwood wouldn't do much at all...we were the next WOS... I took on the role as the antagonist to this theory. And I still don't respect 3A that much, but that is my right, has nothing to do with me and who I am as a person. I have seen much more talent in 4A and I will stick to that because it is true.

So I will go around and call these teams out that I think we can beat. I am a fan. I don't play well with others, blah blah blah.... cry me a frakin' river. I could care less. Those that have the guts to actually come and shake my hand know me, and know the difference. I am playing with you people and you take me so seriously and validate every post I make.

Chill out... and I will do my BEST to do the same.

Rocket
09-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK

Exactly!!

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Yay Wimberley! Go beat those pesky Tigers Friday! Yippeee!!!!

Thank you N.A.I. Rocket (New and Improved). I think we can, but they are a tough team.

pirate4state
09-19-2010, 09:13 PM
It doesn't matter, you take me seriously every time I post something. why would it change now? LOL

Amazing that anyone puts much stock into what you post! :doh: :wave: :D

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK

That's what happens when the Sunday night game is a blow out.

Rocket
09-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Thank you N.A.I. Rocket (New and Improved). I think we can, but they are a tough team.

I hope Wimberley beats the mess out of Sealy. Then I will know we can beat both Wimberley and Sealy.. LOL

Rocket
09-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Amazing that anyone puts much stock into what you post! :doh: :wave: :D

Exactly!! tell them!!!

pirate4state
09-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Exactly!! tell them!!!

No one listens to me! :D

"It's not fayer!"

Eagle 1
Ok, I'm tired of arguing with you... so this will be my final post on this subject... So say what you want after this I'm through having meaningless arguments with someone who lives on a 3A board but supports a 1A team.

Yes what you posted is true. What I posted is also true. Those teams are 7-8 if you count their combined 4 losses to Brownwood. They are 7-4 against opponents other than Brownwood. We have only beaten one team that has a winning record.

Now for you and what you should be more concerned with. Since you have so much knowledge of Brownwood, I went and looked up your opponents. You have beaten NO ONE with a winning record, and even LOST to a team with a losing record. Records below:

Thrall 2-2
San Saba 1-3
Callisburg 1-3
Grape Creek 1-3

Combined record of your opponents: 5-11

Again, I am through with this topic with you. This is one of those situations where we will just have to agree to disagree. Everything I posted is a fact, everything you posted is a fact. I give a different viewpoint of how to interpret that fact. If you don't like it that's fine.

I'm glad your done, so now I will have my final word on the subject.
True the teams we have beat are subpar teams, but....at least we are finding a way to win with out FOUR two way all state players who are injured right now. That alone speaks volumes about our program.
I have said it before and I will say it again, I support the Brownwood Lions and hope they do win a state championship. I don't support Rocket's condescending attitude. If you want to be one of his "cronies" and take up for him every time sticks his foot in his mouth, then fine that's your prerogative.

Rocket
Originally posted by pirate4state
No one listens to me! :D

"It's not fayer!"

HAHAHAH That's my quarterback. sniff sniff...Leave him alone... it's not fayer! (tears)

Rocket
09-19-2010, 09:18 PM
True the teams we have beat are subpar teams, but....at least we are finding a way to win with out FOUR two way all state players who are injured right now. That alone speaks volumes about our program.
I have said it before and I will say it again, I support the Brownwood Lions and hope they do win a state championship. I don't support Rocket's condescending attitude. If you want to be one of his "cronies" and take up for him every time sticks his foot in his mouth, then fine that's your prerogative.

Go play on the 1A Download...

Displaced Texan
09-19-2010, 09:19 PM

BEAST

I think this staff is the best that has been at Brownwood since Gordon Wood retired.

Randy Allen was in a no win situation and the pressure showed once he got there. He was there through 91 and is part of the reason Stephenville started getting the upper hand on us.

I will tell you this Brownwood lost a lot more than a coach when Wood retired and that was the feeling they could win anytime they trotted out on the field.

I'm not going to continue to have you try to discredit me but I will leave you will one more thought.

Freeman was a nice guy but that was his dpoownfall. He was too nice and let some of the politics of Brownwood sway him.

What Allen started was allow Stephenville to get the upper hand that slowly started in the late 80's and accelerated throught the 90's and 2000's. The table has turned know...it seems.

Eagle 1
09-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Go play on the 1A Download...

Go play on Brownwoodlions.com......oh that's right nobody but Lion fans care about that site. :p

Bosqueville
09-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Watch out displaced Texan. We Brownwood fans are not allowed to bring up our state championships because the happened so long ago. Funny how no one brought that up. But then again you were talking negatively about Rocket in their eyes it's ok.

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 09:26 PM

I said I was finished discussing the records post... and I am.

Just for your own sake of knowledge... Rocket doesn't need me to defend him on here. He seems to hold his own. I don't think me stating how I view our opponent's records compared to how you view them is me sticking up for Rocket. It's me explaining my own viewpoint and defending Brownwood for you attacking us, not Rocket. Anytime any of us defend Brownwood you think we're as you put it, one of Rocket's "cronies."

Again, you won't find me defending Rocket; he doesn't need it. He's a grown man and can say what he wants. If you want to attack him, go for it, but quit thinking when you slam Brownwood and someone (other than Rocket) slams you or your team back, it's not out of defense for Rocket, it's out of defense for the team you started attacking.

Rocket
09-19-2010, 09:28 PM
I think this staff is the best that has been at Brownwood since Gordon Wood retired.

Randy Allen was in a no win situation and the pressure showed once he got there. He was there through 91 and is part of the reason Stephenville started getting the upper hand on us.

I will tell you this Brownwood lost a lot more than a coach when Wood retired and that was the feeling they could win anytime they trotted out on the field.

I'm not going to continue to have you try to discredit me but I will leave you will one more thought.

Freeman was a nice guy but that was his dpoownfall. He was too nice and let some of the politics of Brownwood sway him.

What Allen started was allow Stephenville to get the upper hand that slowly started in the late 80's and accelerated throught the 90's and 2000's. The table has turned know...it seems.

Stephenville decided on their own they had enough of losing after the many years of butt whoopin's that Brownwood put on them. What we have faced is their relentless desire to beat us every year, while we just saw it as another game. IT is hard to beat a team that focuses so much on beating you. Their level of intensity is always high and they will try to win at all costs.

Allen was in a tough situation. No doubt. We see the type of man he is and was and he is a great football coach.

It is hard to match Coach Wood. He is a legend! no doubt... but Brownwood fans expect to win and know it will happen, and hope it happens this season, for sure.

Freeman loves Brownwood football and did the best he could to restore the name. He accomplished a lot and if you ever get a chance to go to Brownwood, you can see the mark he left with his heart and his own 2 hands all over the stadium and all over the school. He also led us to some great seasons with less talent than a lot of coaches could have done anything with. The man deserves respect and praise for this.

Shipley is a great coach and he has a great supporting staff. I am excited about what he has done and what this season holds for us. It should be a fun ride!

Either way, the Maroon Bloods are here to stay and the ones that support Brownwood through thick and thin are the ones that will continue to do so no matter what...

Displaced Texan
09-19-2010, 09:29 PM
He thinks that most of Freeman's teams should have never sniffed the playoffs. He thinks that the whole playoff system is diluted. He thinks a State Champion should never be a team that didn't win their district. He thinks that people like us that didn't watch him and his buddies actually win those championships have no right to even discuss it. He thinks Brownwood football is a joke and the only true coach was Gordon Wood. He thinks that guys like me that supported the Brownwood program through thick and thin are nothing but cheerleaders and have no idea about REAL Brownwood football.

I have heard it 1000 times from these "Brownwood" fans. They are like the Miami Dolphin team and Shula that celebrate when the current undefeated team gets beat to say see, we were the true legends.

You keep thinking that Rocket, I have forgot more Brownwood Lion football than you know.

Just because I don't live in Brownwood anymore doesn't make me anyless a fan than you. I have supported the Lions through thick and thin just like you, I realize you liked Coach Freeman as do I, we both are of like faith but coaching at Brownwood isn't the easiest job in the world. Would you agree with that? He did well with what he had as far as competing in 4A football when Brownwood was not as competitive year in and year out.

I may have to listen on KOXE.com to Dallas Huston call the plays but my heart is there in the stands and on the field when Brownwood takes the field.

Eagle 1
09-19-2010, 09:31 PM
I said I was finished discussing the records post... and I am.

Just for your own sake of knowledge... Rocket doesn't need me to defend him on here. He seems to hold his own. I don't think me stating how I view our opponent's records compared to how you view them is me sticking up for Rocket. It's me explaining my own viewpoint and defending Brownwood for you attacking us, not Rocket. Anytime any of us defend Brownwood you think we're as you put it, one of Rocket's "cronies."

Again, you won't find me defending Rocket; he doesn't need it. He's a grown man and can say what he wants. If you want to attack him, go for it, but quit thinking when you slam Brownwood and someone (other than Rocket) slams you or your team back, it's not out of defense for Rocket, it's out of defense for the team you started attacking.

How is that slamming Brownwood?

Rocket
09-19-2010, 09:33 PM
How is that slamming Brownwood?

Dude! GO PLAY ON THE 1A DOWNLOAD!

Eagle 1
09-19-2010, 09:34 PM
You keep thinking that Rocket, I have forgot more Brownwood Lion football than you know.

I'll leave it at that. :clap:

Displaced Texan
09-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Stephenville decided on their own they had enough of losing after the many years of butt whoopin's that Brownwood put on them. What we have faced is their relentless desire to beat us every year, while we just saw it as another game. IT is hard to beat a team that focuses so much on beating you. Their level of intensity is always high and they will try to win at all costs.

Allen was in a tough situation. No doubt. We see the type of man he is and was and he is a great football coach.

It is hard to match Coach Wood. He is a legend! no doubt... but Brownwood fans expect to win and know it will happen, and hope it happens this season, for sure.

Freeman loves Brownwood football and did the best he could to restore the name. He accomplished a lot and if you ever get a chance to go to Brownwood, you can see the mark he left with his heart and his own 2 hands all over the stadium and all over the school. He also led us to some great seasons with less talent than a lot of coaches could have done anything with. The man deserves respect and praise for this.

Shipley is a great coach and he has a great supporting staff. I am excited about what he has done and what this season holds for us. It should be a fun ride!

Either way, the Maroon Bloods are here to stay and the ones that support Brownwood through thick and thin are the ones that will continue to do so no matter what...

I think that is the most thought out post I have ever seen you make. I applaud you for that and I agree with each point you have made in this post.

Stephenville was our step-child for years and years and years. We became complacent and they wanted a change. I look forward to competitive games between them yearly now and enjoy when we can stomp a mud hole in them. T

Eagle 1
09-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Dude! GO PLAY ON THE 1A DOWNLOAD!
Do you own the downlow mb now?
Seriously get a grip.

Displaced Texan
09-19-2010, 09:37 PM
I'll leave it at that. :clap:

Eagle 1 your schtick is older than I am, you are a wanna be Techtard.

I will leave it that.

Displaced Texan
09-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
Watch out displaced Texan. We Brownwood fans are not allowed to bring up our state championships because the happened so long ago. Funny how no one brought that up. But then again you were talking negatively about Rocket in their eyes it's ok.

The way I see it our State Championships are just as relevant as anybody else's. They are all in the past...

Eagle 1
Eagle 1 youy a schtick too as you are a wanna be Techtard.

I will leave it that.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but hasn't there been a few Lions play for Tech in the past?;)

Rocket
I think that is the most thought out post I have ever seen you make. I applaud you for that and I agree with each point you have made in this post.

Stephenville was our step-child for years and years and years. We became complacent and they wanted a change. I look forward to competitive games between them yearly now and enjoy when we can stomp a mud hole in them. T

Here is the thing...I have seen all of these staffs come through. Gordon Wood hired my dad. My dad survived every one of them. he even was on the staff with Shipley and his last year was 2009. I coached under Freeman from 1996-2000. I know all of these coaches and met alot of the best coaches out there coaching today and worked with them. Sam Harrell was my JV Basketball coach...I could go on and on...

I know Brownwood Football. I know the legacy and I know the eras that have passed.

Just because I pick on people on this site doesn't mean I don't know anything. Let's just step back, take a deep breath and watch our Lions whip the crap out of all these 3A's and like you said "take our place on the throne of 3A" which we do own. 6 3A State Championships.

bwdlionfan
Eagle 1 youy a schtick too as you are a wanna be Techtard.

I will leave it that.

:clap:

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 09:41 PM
The way I see it our State Championships are just as relevant as anybody else's. They are all in the past...

A 1960 trophy takes up the same amount of space in the trophy case as a 2009 trophy.

Rocket
Maybe I'm mistaken, but hasn't there been a few Lions play for Tech in the past?;)

HAHA you got called out..

Displaced Texan

Everybody makes a mistake in life...take your parents for example.

garciap77

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Rocket
09-19-2010, 09:42 PM

LOLOLOL yeah baby

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 09:42 PM

Hey you need to stick around and post more often.

garciap77
09-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Beast, I don't need you telling me one way or the otherl.

It's OK for Rocket to talk trash, but no one else. Get a grip.

The ride for me is an easy one, the sooner you realize that the better off you will be. Like I said before I am a Brownwood fan and have been longer than the first diaper was slapped on your behind.

Daddy D 11

Not gonna lie, might be the best BURN I have ever read on here.

And I like Eagle1 lol that was just too good though... definitely gonna use that someday

Rocket
Not gonna lie, might be the best BURN I have ever read on here.

And I like Eagle1 lol that was just too good though... definitely gonna use that someday

+1

garciap77
09-19-2010, 09:44 PM

Displaced Texan
09-19-2010, 09:44 PM
I think I will...y'all have a good night. I have to get up at 4 PDT so I am going to log off now.

Eagle 1
09-19-2010, 09:45 PM

At least the best part of me didn't go out the window. :D

Displaced Texan
09-19-2010, 09:46 PM
HAHA you got called out..

That's no mountain for a stepper like me.

pirate4state
09-19-2010, 09:47 PM
At least the best part of me didn't go out the window. :D LOL wow

:1popcorn:

Displaced Texan
09-19-2010, 09:48 PM
At least the best part of me didn't go out the window. :D

Nope, cant aruge with that it was too busy running down mama's leg.

pirate4state
09-19-2010, 09:51 PM
:eek:

Boys, boys...really?

Eagle 1
09-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Nope, cant aruge with that it was too busy running down mama's leg.

Probably so, but at least it was mama's leg.

Hey I like you even if you do live in California.
Just saying. :D

Eagle 1
09-19-2010, 09:53 PM
I think I will...y'all have a good night. I have to get up at 4 PDT so I am going to log off now.
Good night John Boy.....
Good night Grandpa....

RoyceTTU
09-19-2010, 09:54 PM

I beleive Evans and Lancaster off the top of my head.

Displaced Texan
09-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Take it easy Eagle 1 and I hope y'all win it again this year also as Central Texas is big enough for 2 champs God willing.

Out!:cool: