PDA

View Full Version : NO TRASH TALK - WO-S vs Jasper (major tragedy)MERGED

WOS87
09-17-2010, 08:28 PM
21-0 WO-S 2nd Q

WOS87
09-17-2010, 08:37 PM
WOS QB Reggie Garrett taken away by ambulance apparently... not a game-related injury

Prayers!

Tin Cup
09-17-2010, 08:39 PM
That's no good...prayers sent...what are jaspers results thus far this year

WOS87
09-17-2010, 08:43 PM
(4A) Lumberton 56
Jasper 35

(4A) Livingston 42
Jasper 14

Jasper 21
(4A) Houston Worthing 7

WOS87
09-17-2010, 08:44 PM
WO-S 27
Jasper 0
HALF

WOS87
09-17-2010, 09:44 PM
There could be some very bad news soon from SE Tx... I hope what i just heard isn't true...

:(

WOS87
09-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Reggie Garrett (QB) apparently passed away tonight...

We're in shock

pirate4state
09-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by WOS87

We're in shock

:eek: :eek:

What happened?!?!?!

Prayers sent

LH_Tuff
09-17-2010, 10:08 PM

We're in shock

OMG. How tragic. Prayers sent from the Hill.

WOS87
09-17-2010, 10:08 PM
He had a seizure on the field... and it's confirmed that he died...

:( :(

Tin Cup
09-17-2010, 10:09 PM
Wow that is truly unbelievable...prayers sent

pirate4state
09-17-2010, 10:10 PM
That is just awful. :(

griff
09-17-2010, 10:10 PM
The report is that during the 2nd quarter, while on the sidelines, WO-S' QB Reggie Garrett suffered a seizure. He was picked up by EMS and they performed CPR on him in the ambulance. According to one of the local news channels, the Orange hospital ER confirmed his passing.

Ranger Mom
09-17-2010, 10:17 PM
I just feel terrible....what awful news! Prayers going out to the family, friends and community of WOS!!:(

bwdlionfan
09-17-2010, 10:19 PM
wow... that's terrible

buff4ever
09-17-2010, 10:21 PM
prayers for all the family and friends

Pick6
09-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I just feel terrible....what awful news! Prayers going out to the family, friends and community of WOS!!:(

+1

44INAROW
09-17-2010, 10:23 PM
That is a true tragedy.. my sincere prayers for the family, friends and teammates :( surely puts things into prospective :(

DU_stud04
09-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
That is a true tragedy.. my sincere prayers for the family, friends and teammates :( surely puts things into prospective :( +1

BwdLion73
09-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

:( +1

garciap77
09-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Prayers sent from Wylie!

charlesrixey
09-17-2010, 10:28 PM
prayers for everyone for sure

what a tragedy :(

BILLYFRED0000
09-17-2010, 10:28 PM
god bless prayers sent

Maroon87
09-17-2010, 10:30 PM

We're in shock

:eek: :eek: :(

Can't even think of anything to say that would make anyone feel better in light of that news...

Caldwell_Raider
09-17-2010, 10:31 PM
wow, prayers sent here as well; to the family and whole community! :( :(

bobcat1
09-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Oh dear Lord Bless and Be with these people in their time of need. That is so terrible. :(

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Prayers from Navasota. Time to forget about football now. A family and community need our prayers.:(

Yoefan11
09-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Prayers from Cameron...

I just heard about this..such a horrible horrible tragedy...

WOS87
09-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Gonna log off for a bit...

:( :( :(

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/

Gobbler Fan
09-17-2010, 10:34 PM
This puts everything back into perspective ....Prayers go out to Family and Friends

Looking4number8
09-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Prayers from our family. Such sad news. God Bless WOS

ApachePride
09-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Prayers from Gonzales and Burleson...

slingshot
09-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
This puts everything back into perspective ....Prayers go out to Family and Friends Exactly. Football suddenly seems very trivial... Prayers go out from Abilene to the family & friends of this young man and the entire WOS community and fans.

skins4life
09-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Prayers from the 'Skins family. May GOD be with the Garrett family in this time of tragedy.

:( :(

Hornet Mom 2
09-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Prayers from Caldwell, so sorry to hear this terrible news.

statewide
09-17-2010, 10:42 PM
I don't get on here much anymore but had family at the game, he threw a TD pass, came to the sideline as normal to celebrate and appeared to pass out/maybe have a seizure then was taken to the hospital and pronounced deceased. Beaumont Enterprise says an autopsy will be ordered as nothing out of the ordinary appeared to happen on the field before he began having problems. It's heartbreaking and we will all be praying for his family and friends.

BwdLion73
09-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Gonna log off for a bit...

:( :( :(

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/

Maybe we should all log off till 11:00 for a moment of silence.

Sville
09-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Prayers from Stephenville

sinton66
09-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Wow. Terrible news. Prayers to family, friends, teammates and community.

banderafan
09-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Terrible.

OldBison75
09-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Texas Football has suffered another tragedy tonight and we at 3ADownlow should set an example by joining together to honor a young man and his family.

The QB for WOS suffered an apparent seizure during the game with Jasper tonight and has passed away.

As for myself, my prayers and thoughts go out to every person involved in this game, the family and friends of this young man, and the enitre communities of Jasper and WOS. This could have happened at any game being played in the state tonight and one of us may have personally known the victim. We should all remember that beyond the trash, these are young men, the sons of families and friends of other players and students.

May God hold these families, friends, players and communities in his loving arms and give them comfort and hope in this time of terrible grief.

I edited this post so it wouldn't cause any undue stress to an already tragic event. ~RM~

BaseballUmp
09-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Truly heartbreaking...may god bless this man's family as well as the community and everyone else involved. May they find comfort

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 10:59 PM
I will pray for the young player, families and the communities.

Green Bling
09-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Prayers from Cuero for his family, friends and the community. Such a tragic loss.

Necked
09-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Kashmere had a player collapse on the sideline late in our game as well. EMS took him out on a backboard. I have not heard anything on that kids status.
My thoughts & prayers are with the WOS community tonight...

Administrator
09-17-2010, 11:01 PM
The Administrators and Moderators of 3A DownLow are saddened to hear of such a tragic loss of WO-S QB Reggie Garrett. Thoughts and prayers to all of Reggie's family and friends, as well as the entire WO-S Community.

44INAROW
09-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Very nice OldBison.. Like I said earlier - something tragic like this puts things into prospective :(

RTigMom
09-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Prayers from Rockdale to the family of this young man and the community of WOS. Such a tragedy. I will be sure to give my son a huge hug tonight. We never know what plans God has for us.

IHStangFan
09-17-2010, 11:03 PM
I believe it was the WOS QB.

Link (http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/high-school/WO-S_quarterback_taken_off_of_field_by_stretcher.html )

Prayers sent....what a tragedy.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-17-2010, 11:06 PM
wow... :(

OldBison75
09-17-2010, 11:07 PM
You are correct, in my sadness I posted the Jasper QB when it was actually the WOS QB Reggie Garrett. However, both teams will suffer from this tragedy and both communities.

Astrosdawg07
09-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
You are correct, in my sadness I posted the Jasper QB when it was actually the WOS QB Reggie Garrett. However, both teams will suffer from this tragedy and both communities.
To be safe why don't you go ahead and use the edit function and fix the post. Some people will just read the OP and not read down to see the correction.

Ranger Mom
09-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
To be safe why don't you go ahead and use the edit function and fix the post. Some people will just read the OP and not read down to see the correction.

I did it for him!

Bullaholic
09-17-2010, 11:14 PM
There are no words........

God Bless this young man, his family, school, and community during this tragic time.

Eagle 1
09-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Prayers and condolences go out to the family, friends, and community from Goldthwaite.

setxsports
09-17-2010, 11:42 PM
So sad. Crying.

http://www.kfdm.com/news/orange-39459-game-garrett.html

wimbo_pro
09-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Words cannot express it....nothing can...i am stunned.

trojandad
09-17-2010, 11:45 PM
this young man made me a believer last year.....words are so inadequate.....i spent a day with my wife in the hospital doubled over with some sort of pain, with me just knowing i was gonna lose her to some unknown something, then find out she's ok only to get online and see where some parents are grieving far before their time.....

why them? why not mine? maybe next time i'm asking the opposite......while i understand very little consoles a grieving mom and dad in times like this, this athlete sure won respect like crazy in his short time here.....

please remember, mustangs, we lost our coach to heart failure during the 1992 season....every last one of those team members are successful men in society, every last one.....they used it to motivate them to a trip to the state finals, but what it did for them as individuals was much more striking.....

Yoe_09
09-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Tragic news. Prayers from Cameron go out to to family, friends, and everyone in that community.

hollywood
09-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Truly sad. Wow. Prayers to all near this young man.

BullsFan
09-18-2010, 12:06 AM
What a terrible terrible tragedy. Prayers sent from Bridgeport for all concerned, especially family and teammates of this young man.

trojan37
09-18-2010, 12:11 AM
Just saw it on high school extra. This puts alot of things in perspective. Prayers go out to the WOS community and this young man's family from West.

BaseballUmp
09-18-2010, 12:13 AM
It's crazy how you don't even know the kid, but I can't help but shed a tear for everyone impacted by this.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/816/wosjasper091810031.th.jpg (http://img641.imageshack.us/i/wosjasper091810031.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

'Necks 2013-14
09-18-2010, 12:14 AM
Sincere prayers from Columbia-Brazoria. Don't know what else to say.:(

BEAST
09-18-2010, 12:14 AM
I am very sorry and sad. Prayers to the family, the team, and the WOS nation. Wow, so sorry.

BEAST

Pudlugger
09-18-2010, 12:17 AM
Heartbreaking. No words can express the grief felt by so many and especially this young man's family. May God bless this young man and keep him and comfort his family and loved ones in their sorrow. I am so sorry.

zebrablue2
09-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Oh dear Lord Bless and Be with these people in their time of need. That is so terrible. :(

+ 1

SWAS009
09-18-2010, 12:19 AM
RIP. Will say a prayer for family and friends. Such a tradgic momin in hs football. All condolences to west orange stark and the hard seaon they still have to go.

WOS1
09-18-2010, 12:20 AM
True story-

Seven years ago my oldest son had a birthday/slumber party with several of his buddies from school. I have to admit that the thought of 10, 10 year old boys the night before my youngest sons first baseball game (a team that I was coaching) was not my idea of a stellar night. The boys came over and, as expected, were a typically wild group of 10 yr olds. However, thru talking with the kids I found myself talking to a kindred spirit. A 10 year old that had the same passion for football that I did. We sat and talked football while all the other boys ran around like their hair was on fire. I finally got all of the boys to settle down and as they all went to sleep and finally shut up, that one kid and I started talking football again in the pitch dark amongst all of the snoring. We talked a bunch about it that night, but in those final hours in the dark he said what has stuck with me for years since. The following is what he told me, "Sometimes I feel like I was put on this earth to play football. When I have a football in my hands, it just feels right. When I am on the field, I feel like it's where I belong".

That boy's name was Reggie Garrett. Great student, great kid, friend, role model and athlete. I cannot understand why the things that happened tonight happened and my heart is broken into a million pieces for his family, friends and this community. I know God has a plan and as hard as it is right now I will keep my faith in that. I also thank God for that night and the pleasure it was to talk with that young man the way we did. He was special and even though our Lord saw fit to call him home early, I have no doubt that he took him doing what he loved most in this world.

I write this with a heavy heart and I cannot stop the tears. But, I feel like God is telling me to let the family know of his words and how he felt about what he was doing when he was called home. I know there is nothing that can ease the pain right now, but in time I pray that the words he told me so many years ago will bring some comfort to his mother and father.

track33
09-18-2010, 12:21 AM
From Caldwell, This very tragic, my prayers go to his family and friends.

LE Dad
09-18-2010, 12:22 AM
God Bless the family and the whole community. I just saw this on Smoaky while driving home.

If there is anything that needs to be done to help $$ wise or in anyother way please post what they need and count me in.

They already have my prayers.

BEAST
09-18-2010, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
True story-

Seven years ago my oldest son had a birthday/slumber party with several of his buddies from school. I have to admit that the thought of 10, 10 year old boys the night before my youngest sons first baseball game (a team that I was coaching) was not my idea of a stellar night. The boys came over and, as expected, were a typically wild group of 10 yr olds. However, thru talking with the kids I found myself talking to a kindred spirit. A 10 year old that had the same passion for football that I did. We sat and talked football while all the other boys ran around like their hair was on fire. I finally got all of the boys to settle down and as they all went to sleep and finally shut up, that one kid and I started talking football again in the pitch dark amongst all of the snoring. We talked a bunch about it that night, but in those final hours in the dark he said what has stuck with me for years since. The following is what he told me, "Sometimes I feel like I was put on this earth to play football. When I have a football in my hands, it just feels right. When I am on the field, I feel like it's where I belong".

That boy's name was Reggie Garrett. Great student, great kid, friend, role model and athlete. I cannot understand why the things that happened tonight happened and my heart is broken into a million pieces for his family, friends and this community. I know God has a plan and as hard as it is right now I will keep my faith in that. I also thank God for that night and the pleasure it was to talk with that young man the way we did. He was special and even though our Lord saw fit to call him home early, I have no doubt that he took him doing what he loved most in this world.

Thats very special. You should tell that story at the funeral. Man, I cant imagine the empty feeling you guys are feeling. God be with yall.

BEAST

trojandad
09-18-2010, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
If there is anything that needs to be done to help $$ wise....

you're on the nose, le dad....i'd be willing to give.....maybe those that know him well (like wos1) can let us know if his family needs help with expenses.....

trojandad
09-18-2010, 12:37 AM
True story-

I write this with a heavy heart and I cannot stop the tears. But, I feel like God is telling me to let the family know of his words and how he felt about what he was doing when he was called home. I know there is nothing that can ease the pain right now, but in time I pray that the words he told me so many years ago will bring some comfort to his mother and father.

God love you guys......thanks a ton for sharing that....

sinton66
09-18-2010, 12:42 AM
WOS1, thank you so much for that touching story. I don't know how the rest of you will feel about this, but I'd like to see every 3A game in the state tomorrow through next weekend fly the flags at half staff to honor this young man. I know it's not much, but I sure would like to see it happen.

scrub c
09-18-2010, 12:53 AM
Thoughts and prayers from west columbia...

pirate4state
09-18-2010, 01:03 AM
True story-

:( Thank you for sharing the story, my friend. My heart is heavy for the loss of this young man.

bigYoe
09-18-2010, 01:03 AM
RIP Reggie Garrett, 1992-2010 West Orange Stark 'Stangs. No one EVER knows how it feels until if hits home. ALL players from WOS are in my prayers as well as Reggie and his family.

Blue42
09-18-2010, 01:12 AM
May God comfort and keep the family and friends of this young man in his loving arms.

SHSBulldog00
09-18-2010, 02:06 AM
Terrible news. I heard it in Sealy on the way back from the Bellville/Sweeny game. Prayers sent from Sweeny to Reggie's family, friends and community.:(

slpybear the bullfan
09-18-2010, 02:19 AM
I am speechless at reading this thread and learning of this tragedy. My most heartfelt prayers go out to this family and also to the community.

Last year, we lost a Young girl to a tragic accident during cross country season. We still remember the loss and will be thinking about this community over the next months.

God Bless...

orange machine
09-18-2010, 02:54 AM
No words can make this situation better and we all ask why such a thing has happened, but we all must remember that God knows best and is in control and wants nothing, but the best for us no matter how bad a situation might seem. May our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ bring peace and comfort to the family, Wos and Jasper.

CueroDad08
09-18-2010, 05:56 AM
May GOD be with his family & the WOS school. This will be very tuff. EVERYONE say a prayer or two to ask GOD to help.....

It will take the whole town to join togeather to help this family as it did in Cuero last year.

Lots and lots of prayers from Cuero along side the whole state.

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2010, 07:03 AM
I offer prayers that God be with his family, friends and the community during this time. May his comfort be with you.

TheDOCTORdre
09-18-2010, 07:10 AM
I saw this thread last night and couldn't bring myself to post on it after becoming overcome by emotion. My heart goes out to all that have be and will be affected by this. Prayers from the doc and his wife here in Odessa.

Tired ole Bobcat
09-18-2010, 07:33 AM
May God show His love and comfort to Reggies family. May He grant His strenght to the family and community to endure this tragic loss.

GrTigers6
09-18-2010, 07:52 AM
I know I speak for all of Glen Rose when I say its a very tragic story and makes me speachless. We too would be willing to help if we can in any way.

Crow22
09-18-2010, 07:55 AM
I can't possibly imagine what you guys are going through over there. Prayers sent from Boling...

RPF2666
09-18-2010, 08:04 AM
God Bless...

1st and goal
09-18-2010, 09:20 AM
prayers from Giddings. This is so sad and tragic. Some friends of mine just lost their 17 year old eagle scout in a motorcycle accident. For reasons beyond our ability to fathom, sometimes the Lord reaches down and picks one of his favorite flowers from his garden.

The only recommendations I can give to help comfort the parents (for now) is to show up at the funeral. The bigger the crowd, the more the parents will know how many cared for young Reggie. Also, if you know his parents, later on, please stop by and offer support. Offer a prayer. Words might be hard to come by, but the support can help their grieving hearts. May God be with them.

My prayers go out for all his friends, family, teammates, fans, schoolmates, and his teaching/coaching staff.

Thanks for sharing your story WOS1. It was touching.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Wow...touching story WOS1. My thoughts and prayers are with the family, friends, and WOS community. Very sad.

Bosqueville
09-18-2010, 09:38 AM
I don't know what to say... just sadness.

Reds fan
09-18-2010, 09:57 AM
True story-

Reggie Garrett 1992-2010, that dash between those years is most blessed. WOS1 has told one of what surely are many contributions that Reggie made to peoples lives. God placed him on this earth with His plan and what Reggie did with that dash and what that meant to his family, friends and community is what he will always be remembered for.

May God bless his family, friends, school and community. RIP Mr. Reggie Garrett, our thoughts and prayers from Bellville are with you.

Gontex
09-18-2010, 09:59 AM

We're in shock

Rest in peace, son. God's love be with you, your family, friends and community. Prayers being offerred up for you.

Matthew328
09-18-2010, 10:35 AM
I had the pleasure of interviewing Reggie this spring and he seemed like a great kid. Very respectful and really excited that I had called to talk to him. I know how the folks in West Orange-Stark feel, we lost a kid in Everman a few years back and it hurts....there's nothing anyone can say that will make it easier although I wish there was.

WOS87
09-18-2010, 11:25 AM
CNN Link (http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/18/football.star.dies/index.html?hpt=T2)

The game was actually played until conclusion...

Phil C
09-18-2010, 11:47 AM
RIP Reggie. Prayers for the family and friends. Sad news. :(

gatordaze
09-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Every team in 3A should wear his number on their helmets for the rest of the year. Honor him and the game he loved!

RIP

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Every team in 3A should wear his number on their helmets for the rest of the year. Honor him and the game he loved!

RIP

At least an arm band. i hope every team takes a moment of silence this week before kick off. It's the least we can do.

LionFan72
09-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Sad day for Football at any level. Prayers sent for family and fans.

AP Panther Fan
09-18-2010, 01:01 PM
There are no words to express the sadness that I feel upon reading this. Things like this are so difficult, if not impossible, to understand. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and the entire community.

maroonpirate04
09-18-2010, 01:15 PM
My prayers and love goes out to WOS. It's very sad. We all need to cherish the times we have and not take things for granted, especially for our young kids who love to play football and represent our towns very well with pride and determination. Show respect towards the other team your playing.

R4Editor
09-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
My prayers and love goes out to WOS. It's very sad. We all need to cherish the times we have and not take things for granted, especially for our young kids who love to play football and represent our towns very well with pride and determination. Show respect towards the other team your playing.

On behalf of Region IV prayers are sent. Next week will come and we may continue to play but know that Reggie will always be with his team.

WOS87
09-18-2010, 01:33 PM
The game vs Giddings next week has been cancelled I hear FYI... not 100% confirmed though

ccmom
09-18-2010, 02:03 PM
This family and community has been heavy on my heart since I heard about the tragedy last night. God bless you all

WOS87
09-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Coach Dan Hooks' statement

http://www.kogt.com/kogt_sports.htm

RoyceTTU
09-18-2010, 02:38 PM
True story-

This story will have a special place in my heart. This young man sounds like an exception person and can move to the house of the lord with fullfilment and honor. Stories like this give us all hope and should be looked upon in your community.

I'm so sorry for the loss and don't want to imagine the pain the community is feeling. God will lead the path for healing and uses moments like this to make us all stronger.

My prayers go out to each and everyone of you. God Bless

RanchRadio
09-18-2010, 03:15 PM
cannot even begin to think what the kids on the team are going through. Prayers sent to the WO-S Community, and the Garrett Family.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Coach Dan Hooks' statement

http://www.kogt.com/kogt_sports.htm

Well said by a class coach, about a young life that, from all accounts, was full of promise and class. If this doesn't give a person pause, then nothing will. God's Speed, son...God's Speed.

Deuce
09-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Prayers from Graham. Sounded like he was an incredible kid!

maroogreen
09-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Here is a link to a Beaumont Enterprise blog where people are posting their remembrances of Reggie Garrett

Prayers go out to the family and to the town.

Beaumont Enterprise (http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/huddle/2010/09/18/remembering-reggie-garrett/)

setxsports
09-18-2010, 05:06 PM
CNN is supposed to interview Coach Hooks at 6 pm

lulu
09-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Just got on to check in for our flight back home tomorrow.

My heart is broken for this young mans family. It is so hard to understand Gods perfect plan when something like this occurs. But we have to remember He does have one for each of us.

I send my love and prayers (and tears) for all who are hurting tonight. May God's grace and mercy comfort you.

I cannot even wrap my mind around this. It could be any One of our loved ones. I spend the entire game intermittently praying for every player on the field every Firday night.

May your faith strengthen you.

Love to you all. lulu

solocam
09-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Prayer sent

setxsports
09-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Updated Videos From the 6 pm Newscast.. Coaches interviews..

http://www.kfdm.com/

PHS Wildcats
09-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Prayers fom Palestine!!!!

Bull's-eye
09-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Prayers sent from Sugar Land, God bless his family, friends & the WOS school.

setxsports
09-19-2010, 04:31 PM
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/local/fallen_west_orange-stark_quarterback_a_respected_student__athlete.htm l

trojandad
09-19-2010, 05:18 PM
our sermon today was how some people are just so different, so decent, and so wonderful that they just don't fit within the parameters of their occupation or field....

examples being gandhi, while he was head of state and even a leader of a particular belief, he is known as a man of peace....

barack obama may be the 44th president, but george washington is preferably known as the father of our country.....

albert schweitzer was a physician who built hospitals, played concerts worldwide, yet is known for his peacemaking and gentle philosophy...

few teams in texas have put out football athletes like wo-s over the years, and lord knows reggie qualified as one of many they have produced, but it sure sounds like he was jst too big of a man to be quantified under a single label.....sounds like Someone wanted such a special man remembered in a way few other wo-s athletes would be....

all of us outside of wo-s can only imagine how deep your grief is....special people just, apparently, leave special marks.....

setxsports
09-19-2010, 07:13 PM
This will being tears to your eyes..Video..Coach consoles team

www.kfdm.com

trojandad
09-19-2010, 07:23 PM
was friday wo-s's 300th win?

WOS87
09-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
was friday wo-s's 300th win?

Yes

...according to my research it's the 3rd fastest any team in Texas HS football history has made it to 300 wins. Odessa Permian did it in 1989 when they were 300-60-9 (they did it 13 games faster) and Amarillo was 300-69-10 in 1947 (3 games faster)

trojandad
09-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Yes

...according to my research it's the 2nd fastest any team in Texas HS football history has made it to 300 wins. Odessa Permian did it in 1989 when they were 300-60-9 (they did it 13 games faster)

unbelievable mile marker in a million ways........:clap: :clap: :clap:

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by **********
This will being tears to your eyes..Video..Coach consoles team

www.kfdm.com

Nice. Thanks **********. It did indeed bring tears.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 07:37 PM
what the heck happened with the name?

setxsports
09-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Nice. Thanks **********. It did indeed bring tears. Alot of Tears!

WOS87
09-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Odessa Permian 300-60-9 in 1989
Amarillo 300-69-10 in 1947

WO-S 300-79-3 in 2010

Houston Yates (UIL) 300-79-12 in 2000
Old Waco High Tigers 300-71-31 in 1948
Austin Westlake 300-95-7 in 2003
Austin Reagan 300-96-11 in 2001
Arlington Lamar 300-113-6 in 2008
Southlake Carroll 300-114-8 in 1999
Euless Trinity 300-130-6 in 2008
Old Port Arthur Jefferson 300-95-44 in 1955
Highland Park 300-109-21 in 1961
Abilene 300-114-26 in 1957
Converse Judson 300-132-10 in 1998
Lufkin 300-146-25 in 1963
Gilmer 300-174-28 in 1966
Temple 300-109-42 in 1955
Plano 300-188-39 in 1966
Refugio 300-196-26 in 1992
Pilot Point 300-198-28 1986
Brownwood 300-203-26 in 1969
Celina 300-207-18 in 1993
Daingerfield 300-288-21 1984
Cuero 300-239-34 in 1974
Katy 300-262-19 in 1997

WOS87
09-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
what the heck happened with the name?

banned website... s etxsports is a good friend but I'm banned there too.... long story. Let's please not bring that drama back up right now

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 07:45 PM
banned website

oh..gotcha.His post fell onto the previous page, and I thought it got deleted as well!! LOL...thanks guys...hope you are all doing better, if thats possible.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 07:45 PM
banned website... s etxsports is a good friend but I'm banned there too.... long story. Let's please not bring that drama back up right now

no problem WOS87...had no idea.

trojandad
09-19-2010, 07:51 PM
when coach peveto passed away i went to school and one of the players (won't say who) asked me if i could take him off campus....i knew he wasn't allowed to go but, even bigger, he wasn't the type to ask....i couldn't get him to tell me why and when i asked him if i could call his mom for him, he took me by the arm and walked me around the corner.....

"mr morgan, i just gots to cry somewhere, and i can't cry here and i can't cry at home".....i felt like the biggest dumbo for not getting it, he just wanted some private space......i took him to my place on the lake (after the appropraite call was made) and he walked to the pier by himself, stood looking over the water and bellowed in pain like a bull moose for a half hour....

i took him some sweet tea and heard him whisper "i'm still a man, i'm still a man".....i told him "only about the biggest one i know"....he dried his face, drank his tea and became the most stand up leader of that team....

when your coach said "the kids just don't get it", he knows his boys, they're trying to, they just get forced into bigger steps than they're ready for, sometimes.....with a coach like that, i have all kinds of faith in them as men.....

eagleqb_14
09-19-2010, 08:18 PM
this is very sad:(