PDA

View Full Version : #4 (2A)Cameron Yoemen Vs. #25 Navasota Rattlers

Yoe_09
09-17-2010, 05:21 PM
I will be bringing live drive by drive updates of this game via Twitter:Yoemen (www.twitter.com/yoemen)

Game can be heard on KMIL FM 105.1 or KMIL (http://kmil.com/)

They decided that they could bring the bell this week so the charters and the bell are on there way to Navasota.

Sub-Varsity Update:

Freshmen:

Navasota: 22
Cameron Yoe: 22

JV:

Navasota: 7
Cameron Yoe: 25

Both the freshmen and JV go undefeated in our 3a non-district schedule.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-17-2010, 05:43 PM
if Cameron wins tonight, all 3 high school teams (dispite the ties) could realistically finish the regular season without a single loss. That's amazing and bodes incredibly well for the future.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-17-2010, 05:44 PM
almost forgot, GO YOE!!!!

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 07:41 PM
7-0 Navasota on opening drive. 1 yard run by Kesnick Jones, big play was the first play of the Rattler's possession, a 39 yard run by Antoine Burrell.

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Cameron forces a Navasota punt, looking to improve on back to back 3 and outs. Let go Rattlers!

RanchRadio
09-17-2010, 07:56 PM
End of the 1st, Rattlers lead 7-0

Yoe knocking on the door at Navasota's 2

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 07:57 PM
At the end of the first quarter,

Navasota 7 Cameron 0.

Cameron has third and goal at the Navasota 2. Big play so far was a 4th down and 1 conversion, a fake punt pass by Rhoades to Haynes. Another catch by Haynes, broken tackle, and here they are beating on the door.

Edit: Westbrook catches a 2 yard TD. 7-7 Tie 11:57 2nd.

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Looks like the Rattler offense is reverting to Rudder reverse again. My gosh Fedora, can we please call some plays that gain yardage again? You have been doing it for how many years now?

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 08:08 PM
This is going to be a long year, isn't it? 14-7 Cameron. 27 yard TD from Rhodes to Westbrook.

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Navasota gets a 4th down conversion, and the refs rain on their parade. Cameron ball now.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Navasota gets a 4th down conversion, and the refs rain on their parade. Cameron ball now.

block in the back'll do that for ya

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Wow, Navasota can't cover Westbrook. He gets his second 27 yard TD catch almost untouched.

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Sounds like there is a little brawl at midfield. Of course it would be against Navasota, negating a big kickoff return to the 40. I am just about sick of Navasota's play now.

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Navasota gets it together for a drive, and with 27 seconds to go in the half, Cameron 21, Navasota 14. 38 Yard TD from Day to Taylor. Cameron called for a 15 yard face mask on the drive.

IHStangFan
09-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Come on Rattlers!!!

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Cameron 21, Navasota 14 at the half.

NAVASOTA
PASSING
Ian Day 5/7 for 47 yards, 1 TD
Travis Pierce 0/1

RUSHING
Day: 6-47
Burrell: 4-54
Jones: 4-4, TD

RECEIVING
Taylor: 1-38, TD
Burrell: 1-9
Pierce: 1-7
Creeks: 1-0
Jones: 1-(-7)

Totals: 105 Rush, 47 Pass, 152 Total

YOE
PASSING
Rhodes: 15/18 for 145 yards, 3 TD

RUSHING
Kelly: 9-47
Rhodes: 4-2

RECEIVING
Westbrook: 8-89, 3 TD
Haynes: 4-56
Wren: 2-19
Kelly: 1-(-1)

Totals: 49 Rush, 145 Pass, 194 Total

One sack apiece, no turnovers so far.

First Downs: Navasota 8, Cameron 10

BaseballUmp
09-17-2010, 08:47 PM
I think we have a starting WR out with a broken collarbone J. Sapp. Broke it last year as well

RanchRadio
09-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Yes, out for atleast 6 weeks. Hopefully we'll have him back in time for the Playoffs

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 08:59 PM
Rattler announcers have Rhodes at 17/20 for 184, but they are counting two receptions called back on penalties, a hold and a block in the back.

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by RanchRadio
Yes, out for atleast 6 weeks. Hopefully we'll have him back in time for the Playoffs

Hope he gets better. A passing game like they have in 2A will win a title. Sounds like they fly to the ball as well. Navasota is playing sloppy, but Cameron is definitely making an impact on defense.

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Wow, absolutely awesome. Ian Day sacked twice to open up the second half. Lee Fedora has got to work on his halftime speeches.:doh:

As I say that, Kelly fumbles the punt reception and Navasota gets it back in Cameron territory.

And Day gets sacked again. Announcers saying that Cameron is bringing the house on every down. Adjustments?

BaseballUmp
09-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Now what?

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 09:22 PM
45 yard TD run by Antoine Burrell on the option. Extra point blocked by Cameron, and it is 21-20 Cameron midway through the 3rd.

RanchRadio
09-17-2010, 09:23 PM
That could be big

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 09:29 PM
OMG!:mad:

Navasota knew the second fake punt was coming the whole way and still couldn't stop it. That is the kind of stuff that demoralizes the defense.

RanchRadio
09-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Yoemen score on a Long Damyon Kelley TD. 28-20 YOE

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Lost the feed for a while there. Kelly takes a direct snap 29 yards for a TD after Navasota blows an obvious fake punt on 4th down. 28-20 Cameron after three quarters. COME ON RATTLERS! PLAY WITH HEART! MAKE US PROUD!

BaseballUmp
09-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Go Yoe!

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Navasota dodges a big bullet and recovers a Cameron fumble before Rhodes gets in the endzone. Taylor returns it to the Navasota 16.

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 09:46 PM
For some stupid reason, Fedora runs on fourth and 2 against 9 in the box. 6 minutes to go, and all timeouts? WTH?

King_LeYoeNidas
09-17-2010, 09:46 PM
34 - 20, Yoemen, 5 mins to go

King_LeYoeNidas
09-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Cameron may be winning, but they have made some MAJOR mistakes in this game and could honestly be up by 28 at this point had they not given up the 2nd touchdown and fumbled at the goal line.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-17-2010, 09:51 PM
geez I really hope that was the 2nd stringers that just gave that touchdown up. Anyone up by 14 against a team like Navasota and is comfortable with that is insane. Especially w/ 5 mins to go.

BaseballUmp
09-17-2010, 09:58 PM
keep it coming

King_LeYoeNidas
09-17-2010, 09:58 PM
this is what happens when you underestimate a team.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-17-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
keep it coming

1:39 to go in the game, Navasota has to score & get the 2pt conversion to force ot. the are on the cameron 29.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-17-2010, 10:00 PM
1st & goal Navasota @ the Yoe 8. under a minute to go. Time Out Rattlers, 57 seconds to go

King_LeYoeNidas
09-17-2010, 10:01 PM
yoemen get flagged for interference. ball on the two

King_LeYoeNidas
09-17-2010, 10:02 PM
48 seconds to go, navasota scores. 35-33 Yoemen Nav MUST go for two to tie.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-17-2010, 10:03 PM
time out navasota

King_LeYoeNidas
09-17-2010, 10:04 PM
NO GOOD!!!! Loss of 5! Onside definately coming now!

King_LeYoeNidas
09-17-2010, 10:05 PM
dear God hands team be ready for this.....a few kneel downs if Cameron recovers and it's over.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Yoemen recover the onsider, Thomas Rinn, you are the player of the game!

navscanmaster
09-17-2010, 10:07 PM
I turned it off and missed the excitement. I turn it on, and they get stuffed. Is it me?:doh:

King_LeYoeNidas
09-17-2010, 10:09 PM
that's ballgame my friends! Super sloppy terrible game that I hope woke these boys up. HOWEVER....even with a super sloppy terrible game, they beat a high octane Navasota team, at home, on their homecoming. I said at the beginning of the season, if Cameron makes it out of pre-district 4-0, 2A had best beware, the Yoemen are comin for ya.

bigYoe
09-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Someone please tell me why #25 Tre Anderson even plays cornerback for us? he got beat TWICE by Taylor for long TD passes and then does pass interference to give the Rattlers the ball at the what 2 yard line and they go in to tie it. Freakin' pitiful, but other than that our D has played lights out this game. We played a great game on offense and just when we get up ahead to relax the rattlers strike and keep it close. GOOD game Navasota and good luck in district. GO oYe

King_LeYoeNidas
09-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe
Someone please tell me why #25 Tre Anderson even plays cornerback for us? he got beat TWICE by Taylor for long TD passes and then does pass interference to give the Rattlers the ball at the what 2 yard line and they go in to tie it. Freakin' pitiful, but other than that our D has played lights out this game. We played a great game on offense and just when we get up ahead to relax the rattlers strike and keep it close. GOOD game Navasota and good luck in district. GO oYe

Come on man, don't call the kid out like that.

Caldwell_Raider
09-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Wow, sounded like a very intense last few minutes to make it a interesting game!

Well congrats to Cameron.

Look out 2A it looks like Cameron is fairly legit!

Yoefan11
09-17-2010, 10:36 PM
I dunno if yall heard..but WOS's QB passed away tonight..he had a seizure on the sideline and was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced deceased.

They need prayers yall...thats gotta be tough for all of those kids...

Yoe_09
09-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Cameron may be winning, but they have made some MAJOR mistakes in this game and could honestly be up by 28 at this point had they not given up the 2nd touchdown and fumbled at the goal line.

Yes. This is BY FAR the worst we have played this year by a long shot. Several mistakes on special teams along with fumbles really hurt us. We had several chances to put this game away but failed to do so. Even with all the mistakes, there were bright moments when we executed correctly. I thought the pass and run mix was good and effective the whole night.

I credit Navasota for never giving up playing until the end. Navasota will be in the playoffs.

We also had a few lineman out along with Sapp at WR coming into this game.

HEMOTOXIC
09-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Good win for the oYe. Both teams didn't play their best tonight. Cameron will do very well this year. Best of luck to my friends in Cameron.

Navasota is too inconsistent. We are still waiting on a full 4 quarter performance from the snakes. I still believe that Navasota will make the playoffs.

zebrablue2
09-18-2010, 12:25 AM
that's ballgame my friends! Super sloppy terrible game that I hope woke these boys up. HOWEVER....even with a super sloppy terrible game, they beat a high octane Navasota team, at home, on their homecoming. I said at the beginning of the season, if Cameron makes it out of pre-district 4-0, 2A had best beware, the Yoemen are comin for ya.

congrats to the yoe!!!

OldBison75
09-18-2010, 12:26 AM
Cameron was very impressive and deserved to win the game. Thier offensive and defensive lines won almost every battle and if not for some great plays in the Rattler passing game, this could have been a blowout like was said earlier.

I think the defensive lineman from Cameron was named Luna (nosetackle), he was dominate tonight. He spent more time in the Navasota backfield than some of the Rattler backs.

Cameron has a really good QB and several above average receivers as weapons. After watching this game, I think Cameron would go at least three rounds deep in 3A playoffs this year so they could go way into December in 2A.

The Rattlers have now lost 2 in a row, nut both loses were to pretty darn good teams. There is a lot of work to do, but we will be okay. Not top 25, but I still believe a playoff team.

bigYoe
09-18-2010, 12:37 AM
Come on man, don't call the kid out like that.

yea that was a lil impolite, but i've seen this kid in person and his whole demeanor is off. He worries more about the way HE looks than rather how the TEAM looks. I give credit to the defense for playing their' A$$e$ off yet a few double teams and a little better coverage could have put this game out of hand early. Navasota may have lost 2 in a row but I see much potential on offense. Come on oYe, let's kick butt in district and take this into the playoffs. Whatever we do we DO NOT need to get big heads from beating a few 3A schools. We need to stay humble yet prepared and stay ready for our new 2A district schedule. GO oYe kick butt

OldBison75
09-18-2010, 12:46 AM
BigYoe,
I don't know the kid, but I do know that he made a couple of bad reads on defense and got caught out of position a couple of time. The same thing happened to one of our defensive backs that normally does not happen. Maybe we both should see it as on those particular plays, these young men lost a battle with another very good player.

I can tell you that from the Rattler sideline, I saw this kid make alot of damned good defensive plays on other passes and run plays. There were several times the QB had to scramble or was sacked because that kid had great coverage on his man.

bigYoe
09-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Yoefan11
I dunno if yall heard..but WOS's QB passed away tonight..he had a seizure on the sideline and was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced deceased.

They need prayers yall...thats gotta be tough for all of those kids...

I heard this on Fox high school scoreboard and was VERY shocked. Though we arent in 3A anymore I still feel 3A is our home, and I keep ALL of WOS's players especially the QB in my prayers. VERY VERY VERY SAD to hear and seems to be just a freak occurence. You guys are in our prayers and hope you all can overcome this and pull through. STAY STRONG and USE this to kick butt in not only life but football and ALL sports as well. Good luck you guys.

bigYoe
09-18-2010, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
BigYoe,
I don't know the kid, but I do know that he made a couple of bad reads on defense and got caught out of position a couple of time. The same thing happened to one of our defensive backs that normally does not happen. Maybe we both should see it as on those particular plays, these young men lost a battle with another very good player.

I can tell you that from the Rattler sideline, I saw this kid make alot of damned good defensive plays on other passes and run plays. There were several times the QB had to scramble or was sacked because that kid had great coverage on his man.

Yea i was wrong to put the blame on Tre', I shouldve put it on his father (Defensive Coordinator). I've watched Tre' since last year and yet sometimes he does have his head elsewhere, his father should know his strengths and weaknesses. The receiver Taylor from Navasota was a VERY good receiver who was FAST and yes Tre' should've had help from the safety which i believe is his brother. I'm finished bashing him though, he did play his a$$ off and I know he didnt get burnt on purpose. Right now i'm just glad we came out with the win after the Rattlers' gave us a SCARE. You guys never put your head down, even when we were up by at least 2 TD's. If Navasota can stay conditioned and play hard i'm almost positive they can go to the playoffs and maybe even win district. Oh yea, who all is in yall's district this year by the way? I havent looked it up yet

cameronyoe
09-18-2010, 01:54 AM
Although the offense put up 35 points it seemed like they were really out of sync without WR Sapp and the offensive linemen. Sounded like they kept throwing the ball to the same two receivers and the holes for the RB didn't start opening up until the second half. I think they need to work on spreading the ball around more because it sounds like Sapp is going to be out for a while by the way you guys talk.

I also disagree with you on tre. Yes he did make a few mistakes tonight and I'm sure he and his dad are both very aware of those mistakes and will work on fixing them come Monday. Everyone makes mistakes so there is no reason to bash him like that. If I'm not mistaken, when the defense needed someone to make a play on that two point conversion, his name was the name the radio called for making the game winning tackle. He stepped up and made up for his mistakes on the biggest play of the game when it mattered most.

Last, I just want to ask yoe_09 how he/she got permission to write their3adownlow name on the bell? Haha jw

C-YOEMEN
09-18-2010, 04:58 AM
mistakes happen haynes with dropped pass on 3rd and long,kelley with a fumble on a punt,rhoades with a fumble in nav 1 yard line. hopefully they can bounce back next game with these problems being solved.
GOOD GAME YOE!!

Rabid Cougar
09-18-2010, 09:03 AM
I thought if they went undefeated in predistrict they would be the "at large" team in the 3 A Division II play-off bracket?

Yoe_09
09-18-2010, 10:19 AM
1. Im not exactly sure if the offense was quite out of sync. Of course having our WR and 2 OL back would help things out quite a bit but I thought the subs did an exceptional job.

2. The mental mistakes are really what caused us to not pull away twice. Fumbles, few dropped passes, and some bad coverage at times hurt us but I think we will be fine. Im just glad we got this out of the way now and still picked up the win.

3.(Bell) Im just good....lol

4. Sign us up for 3A DII...lets go

navscanmaster
09-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Great game Cameron. Although it was sloppy on both sides, Cameron defends its ranking well.