PDA

View Full Version : Ranger playoff tickets

Keith7
09-16-2010, 10:50 AM
I got my Texas Ranger playoff tickets this morning during the presale.. Did anyone else get some?

bwdlionfan
09-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
I got my Texas Ranger playoff tickets this morning during the presale.. Did anyone else get some?

Didn't know they'd gone on sale

As for their first opponent... since the Twins are likely going to finish ahead of the Rangers, will the Rangers wind up meeting the winner of the AL East (NYY or TB)? I know usually the best record plays the wild card, but I think there is a rule that if the best record and the wild card are from the same division then they don't play first round.

Someone tell me if I'm correct.

Keith7
09-16-2010, 10:57 AM
BTW, tickets go in sale to the general public at 9 a.m. Saturday morning if you weren't able to do today's presale

lostaussie
09-16-2010, 11:00 AM
BTW, tickets go in sale to the general public at 9 a.m. Saturday morning if you weren't able to do today's presale I think these are only single seat tickets..............how did you get to buy early?

Keith7
09-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Their opponent is really up in the air.. TB, NY and the Twins are all fighting for the best record in the league so it's hard to say.. If the season ended right now it would be the Rays.. I would like to play the Twins if I had a choice but for the moment I'm happy the Rangers are going to make the playoffs..

LeonJr
09-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Leon has Season and Post-Season Box Seats...1st Base Side, come by and say hi!

Keith7
09-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I think these are only single seat tickets..............how did you get to buy early?

They sent out presale info to members of their email newsletter and I was lucky enough to accidentally sign up for it a long time ago.. I had to wait in a "virtual waiting room" for an hour before I could even get them

CenTexSports
09-16-2010, 11:29 AM
My son bought 2 today ($75 each). They are average to below averge seats and he said the web site was swamped. He had to sit at his computer for 2 hours just hitting the key before finally getting in.

He also said that two seats two rows back from him are already on stub hub for $200 each.

bwdlionfan
09-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
My son bought 2 today ($75 each). They are average to below averge seats and he said the web site was swamped. He had to sit at his computer for 2 hours just hitting the key before finally getting in.

He also said that two seats two rows back from him are already on stub hub for $200 each.

Wow! If the Rangers can win a playoff series and get some more home playoff games it's gonna help them out financially

crzyjournalist03
09-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Section 46, row 6...right field. I kept fiddling with it trying to get into left field, but the ticketing technology believes right field is better so you can't get left field until right field sells out. I've struggled with that all year. I know that right field is the shade, but I like being able to see the scoreboard.

Had it time out on me a couple of times while searching, but I had tried to log on half an hour early so I was only in the waiting room for a minute or two.

Old Tiger
09-16-2010, 11:45 AM
They are set to face either the Yanks or Rays, correct?

crzyjournalist03
09-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Their opponent is really up in the air.. TB, NY and the Twins are all fighting for the best record in the league so it's hard to say.. If the season ended right now it would be the Rays.. I would like to play the Twins if I had a choice but for the moment I'm happy the Rangers are going to make the playoffs..

MLB rules do not allow divisional rivals to play each other in the first round, so the Rangers can't play Minnesota in the first round assuming NY and Tampa make it. Unless they pass Minnesota (a five game difference right now), they'll be the road team against whoever wins the AL East, and the first home game for the Rangers will be Saturday, October 9th.

If they do pass Minnesota, they'd host the Wild Card with the first game on Wed. Oct 6.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-16-2010, 12:09 PM
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3650/pic0560o.jpg

Pick6
09-16-2010, 01:35 PM
It's great having connections, free tickets a few rows up from home plate :D