PDA

View Full Version : Mathis players suspensions rumor

Ranger354
09-16-2010, 06:11 AM
I heard that 30 Mathis players were suspended for a month. Any body else hear this rumor?

Vrabird
09-16-2010, 06:53 AM
The Head coach and Superintendant were on the news yesterday morning and stated that it was just a rumor and that they only warned the players about the dangers of drinking,smoking and partying. They didn't know where this rumor started. They stated that no players were suspended for the upcoming homecoming game with Orange Grove.

Phil C
09-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Vrabird
The Head coach and Superintendant were on the news yesterday morning and stated that it was just a rumor and that they only warned the players about the dangers of drinking,smoking and partying. They didn't know where this rumor started. They stated that no players were suspended for the upcoming homecoming game with Orange Grove.

It must have been done recently. Why not at the beginning of fall practice?

jason
09-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
It must have been done recently. Why not at the beginning of fall practice? because they probably didnt get caught doing it until last weekend...

Lake Pirate
09-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It must have been done recently. Why not at the beginning of fall practice?

PARENT HERE: It was done at the beginning of fall practice, and done throughout the season. The players are all taking part in a Character Building program the coach started. It's designed to get the boys to focus on the true meaning of being a man and a leader. It was one of these deep talk sessions that got twisted into something awful by someone outside the varsity team. As a parent I applaude coach Kilby and his staff for taking such a positive interest in our kids. These boys will be football players for only a little while, they'll be men forever.

Johnny Utah
09-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Character building is great stuff. Mathis may turn the corner this season and get back to the days of going really deep into the playoffs.....but the other Pirates still will have a say in that. Mathis kids do get after it and are very prideful which is great to see. Will OG be a test? District should be very interesting for sure.

Ranger Mom
09-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
PARENT HERE: It was done at the beginning of fall practice, and done throughout the season. The players are all taking part in a Character Building program the coach started. It's designed to get the boys to focus on the true meaning of being a man and a leader. It was one of these deep talk sessions that got twisted into something awful by someone outside the varsity team. As a parent I applaude coach Kilby and his staff for taking such a positive interest in our kids. These boys will be football players for only a little while, they'll be men forever.

Sounds like a great program!! Good for him!!:clap: :clap:

TxChamp
09-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Thats awesome to hear Lake Pirate!!!! And for Orange Grove being a test maybe for about a quarter and then Mathis runs with this one by like 4 TDs!!!Mathis has an awesome running attack and there just starting to mix that passing game not much but a little helps. Good luck Pirates!!!!

Blastoderm55
09-16-2010, 10:05 PM
The Mathis JV would probably beat Orange Grove this year. Coach Kilby is doing some great things.

zebrablue2
09-16-2010, 10:18 PM

well said and I:clap: the coach and would support him 100%.

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 12:22 AM

That is good for those boys.:clap: :)

Phil C
09-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
That is good for those boys.:clap: :)

I agree. One lesson to be learned is that perhaps before such a program is done to notify the local media so that rumors that sometimes come up can be put away quickly.