PDA

View Full Version : I have the greatest HS football idea ever...

King_LeYoeNidas
09-15-2010, 10:51 PM
In a day in age where some consider state championships "watered down," I have somewhat of a solution.

I was bored as normal at work today and I was thumbing through this years DCTF magazine. They highlight the state championship games from each division and of course everyone always wants to know "What if the D1 winner played the D2 winner?" and so on. Granted the UIL will never give us an in season solution so why not the NEXT season? Why not in week zero have the previous season's D1 & D2 state champions from each classification, regardless of location, play each other? Yeah the teams aren't the same but it'd still be fun. Could also give an idea of how good each team will be heading into the season. Eh. Anyway. Won't happen I know but it'd be pretty sweet.

SintonFan
09-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Lots of distance to require this. Not every team that wins this is from Reg. 2 or 3.:D
I'd like to see this though, but the first idea of Div 1 vs Div 2 for an overall title would be too cool!:nerd:

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Wht ya gonna do when like this year in 3A the two state title winners are in the same district?

King_LeYoeNidas
09-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Wht ya gonna do when like this year in 3A the two state title winners are in the same district?

Nostradamus? Is that you?

SintonFan
09-15-2010, 11:04 PM

:eek:

bobcat4life
09-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Wht ya gonna do when like this year in 3A the two state title winners are in the same district? They play Brownwood. If Brownwood wins they get to claim the title from the previous year and Rocket gets to polish the trophy on a daily basis

coach
09-16-2010, 12:49 AM
this idea sucks