PDA

View Full Version : Five Statues at DKR-Memorial Stadium.

Phil C
09-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Right now there are five of them that UT has honored and they are Joe Jamail, Red McCombs, Tex Moncrief, Darrell Royal and Earl Campbell. All are well deserved but what we have are 3 bosters, 1 former coach and one former player. It seems out of whack even though all are no doubt deserving. What about Ricky Williams, Vince Young, Steve Worster, Chris Gilbert, Tommy Nobis, Bobby Layne, etc.?

RoyceTTU
09-15-2010, 03:36 PM
I don't know most of these guys but.....

Putting a statue of a Pot Head and somebody that has had a nervous breakdown dosn't seem to be the ones I would want my children to idolize.

But then again I'm a Tech die-hard so I have a slanted judgement :doh:

Old Tiger
09-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I don't know most of these guys but.....

Putting a statue of a Pot Head and somebody that has had a nervous breakdown dosn't seem to be the ones I would want my children to idolize.

But then again I'm a Tech die-hard so I have a slanted judgement :doh: Have you ever heard Ricky talk? The guy is off the wall with what he says but its borderline brilliant.

RoyceTTU
09-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Have you ever heard Ricky talk? The guy is off the wall with what he says but its borderline brilliant.

So is Stephen Hawking, but how much can you actually believe. Space Travel......Hollistic Medicine......Really:confused:

slpybear the bullfan
09-15-2010, 04:44 PM
I would put Vince in there soley because of the 2005 NC Game.

Keith7
09-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
So is Stephen Hawking, but how much can you actually believe. Space Travel......Hollistic Medicine......Really:confused:

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: wow