PDA

View Full Version : burnet v. bandera

spaniard
09-15-2010, 02:54 PM
who wins this one? burnet is coming off of 2 straight wins and bandera hasn't had a great season so far. pick em

SintonFan
09-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Burnet

greendawg84
09-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Dawgs stay on a roll:D

spaniard
09-15-2010, 03:55 PM
i'm hoping so, i haven't been able to make it home to a game in a long time, and it probably won't happen again for a while. my updates come from either my parents or on here, whichever has the better ones.

greendawg84
09-15-2010, 04:35 PM
They are coming along good , beat MFalls last week in Mfalls , was a great game for both teams, they dont have much depth so they have to stay healthy to compete in district , they have a lot of speed and headhunters on defense but they are as a whole small. Offense hasnt got the motor running yet but looked better last week .We will have to watch and see what happens.

Old Dog
09-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Think Burnet can take this one. They are very scrappy and really played with heart at Marble Falls.

Typical Burnet varsity squad......suits up less than 30, but that's been the Bulldog way for many years now.

Spaniard, good to see you posting, hope all is well with you in Walnut Springs!

bulldog82
09-15-2010, 11:45 PM
burnet will get thier conffidence up for sure. Bandera suits up a whoping 23 players, after losing 2 key players in week 0, they just have'nt found the answer. still looking for the right combination to step up. jr. QB that saw limited play last year till breaking anckle in week 5, only to be hobbeled in 0 week this year, gutted it out last week after soph. QB who had knee injury fresh. year couldnt get things going in week 1 vs Devine. The boys will give it all they got but unfortunatley i don't think there is enough talent and depth to pull off a win.

spaniard
09-16-2010, 01:13 PM
old dog, it's good to be back. i just wish i had more time to get back on the board! rest is something that is hard to come by lately, my wife and i are expecting our third, who is due to arrive sometime in early may, and she's been pretty sick throughout so far. things have been great up here in walnut, the high school has a pretty great team. i'm the youth pastor at the church here in town along with still working for the world's largest and dumbest company (walmart), hehe, so i still get some football in every once in a while...albeit 6-man ball, it's still fun to watch.

bulldog82, sorry about you guys coming down with the injury bug, i hate hearing about that kind of stuff because it can ruin a season for the older guys who won't get another shot. but at the same time the younger ones are going to get some experience

wimbo_pro
09-16-2010, 01:16 PM
It would appear that Bandera is WAY down in talent this year. I hope its because they are young and are re-loading. Been there, done that....

spaniard
09-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
It would appear that Bandera is WAY down in talent this year. I hope its because they are young and are re-loading. Been there, done that....

it's been a while for you guys though...

bulldog82
09-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
It would appear that Bandera is WAY down in talent this year. I hope its because they are young and are re-loading. Been there, done that.... have a decent fresh. team this year, although they just got spanked by burnet, real talent lies with our 8th grade teams, b team beat somerset 26 to 0. a team had first test in some time. going undefeted as 7th graders and before that taking 2 teams to kerrvilles ymca ball, which both played each other in ymca superbowl, that didnt set too well with kerrville. starting off this year beating llano 58 to 8, had a tuff go with somerset but still got the w 16 to 14. hopefully these boys, held together by thier dads that mostly played together, can keep it together and be our next great hope. and yes the down years are hard on the older ones, last year we were also riddled with injuries with a very good supply of talent that were all seniors.