PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Vs. Elgin

buff4ever
09-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Thoughts anyone.

I think Giddings bounces back with a win this week against Elgin. I can't remember the last time we lost 3 games in a row, and that goes back to the early 90s. I am sure that there might me a time between then and now, but can't think of it. Maybe the year that Odell was here, that was the worst record I can remember in quite some time.

It gets old typing and reading and talking about it, but we can't keep putting the ball on the ground, our defense isn't quite the shut you down anywhere on the field defense that we have had. They are good, but they are having to spend more time on the field than usual.

gtownfan
09-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Thoughts anyone.

I think Giddings bounces back with a win this week against Elgin. I can't remember the last time we lost 3 games in a row, and that goes back to the early 90s. I am sure that there might me a time between then and now, but can't think of it. Maybe the year that Odell was here, that was the worst record I can remember in quite some time.

It gets old typing and reading and talking about it, but we can't keep putting the ball on the ground, our defense isn't quite the shut you down anywhere on the field defense that we have had. They are good, but they are having to spend more time on the field than usual.

5 losses to start the year in 2002, the Odell attempt to bring the spread to Giddings.

Just hoping for a good game on both sides of the ball, no stupid penalties and no fumbles. Need to get this team headed in the right direction before district.

Spread It Out
09-15-2010, 12:31 PM
But more importantly, who wins the big fight that always ensues with Giddings and Elgin?

87 TIGER
09-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Giddings wins it all , the game and the fight

buff4ever
09-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan
5 losses to start the year in 2002, the Odell attempt to bring the spread to Giddings.

Just hoping for a good game on both sides of the ball, no stupid penalties and no fumbles. Need to get this team headed in the right direction before district.

I knew it was bad, forgot how bad. I remember now, the 3-7 team that made the playoffs. I still can't remember a year before that when we lost 3 in a row.