PDA

View Full Version : My wish!!

BEAST
09-14-2010, 09:57 PM
No offense to Wylie or Big Spring. I root for all in our district. But, I hope it's us, Snyder, and Sweetwater in the playoffs. If so, we can go D1 and have a chance to play Celina.

BEAST

NateDawg39
09-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Yall are sure in a hurry to grow up and play with the big boys all of a sudden huh? :thinking:

BEAST
09-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Lol. I've wanted to play them since we dropped to 3A. They cant duck us in the playoffs.

BEAST

Keith7
09-14-2010, 10:03 PM
You guys would whoop up on Celina.. Why not try to play someone thats more of a challenge?

bwdlionfan
09-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
No offense to Wylie or Big Spring. I root for all in our district. But, I hope it's us, Snyder, and Sweetwater in the playoffs. If so, we can go D1 and have a chance to play Celina.

BEAST

Maybe Snyder and Brownwood could throw their games against Sweetwater to help them get in ;)

Sweetwater would benefit by getting in
Snyder would benefit by that sending us D1
We could hope for that game with Celina.

Wylie has made the playoffs enough lately it won't hurt them to start basketball early! (sorry CCMOM)

SintonFan
09-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Why not try to play someone that is more of a challenge?

*Thinking*
<don't say the iggles... don't say the iggles...don't say the iggles...don't say the iggles...>

:p

ccmom
09-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Maybe Snyder and Brownwood could throw their games against Sweetwater to help them get in ;)

Sweetwater would benefit by getting inh
Snyder would benefit by that sending us D1
We could hope for that game with Celina.

Wylie has made the playoffs enough lately it won't hurt them to start basketball early! (sorry CCMOM) That reminds me of all the accusations directed toward the La Vega coach in 2008. I'm sure we all remember how that worked out.

:doh:

bwdlionfan
09-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
That reminds me of all the accusations directed toward the La Vega coach in 2008. I'm sure we all remember how that worked out.

eh... Sweetwater would still need either help in a tie breaker scenario or they'd have to actually beat Wylie or Big Spring on their own for them to make it in.

BEAST
09-14-2010, 10:41 PM
That reminds me of all the accusations directed toward the La Vega coach in 2008. I'm sure we all remember how that worked out.

I'm not a coach. I'm just wishing there was some way we could lock horns with Celina. They ducked us plain and simple. We need to play them and once and for all to shut one side up.

BEAST

ccmom
09-14-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm not a coach. I'm just wishing there was some way we could lock horns with Celina. They ducked us plain and simple. We need to play them and once and for all to shut one side up.

BEAST Lighten up...I know what you meant. I would actually like to see that match up, too. Well...kinda...but kinda not...;)

Ernest T Bass
09-15-2010, 08:35 AM

La Vega got to the finals that year. Worked out pretty well for'em.

ccmom
09-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
La Vega got to the finals that year. Worked out pretty well for'em.

I was kinda of trying to reference the fact that Rocket says he'd rather his team not even make it to the finals, than to have them lose in the finals. :rolleyes: I guess I should have just come out and said that though, but I'm kind of shy. ;)

I guess I also shouldn't hold BEAST accountable for everything Rocket spouts off. No matter how much of a "BEAST" he is, that would be quite a burden to bear. ;)

Tin Cup
09-15-2010, 09:31 AM
I just hope we beat Llano...LOL

Pick6
09-15-2010, 09:37 AM
They ducked us plain and simple.

BEAST

They have more ducking titles than state championships.

3afan
09-15-2010, 09:50 AM
as the saying goes ... be careful what you wish for, it may come true

Sweetwater Red
09-15-2010, 10:07 AM

Snyder will make the playoffs. Wylie and Big Spring will probably
be playing for third place. But, it sure would be nice to pull off a
couple of upsets and take third ourselves.

pirate4state
09-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Celina is going D1???? :eek:

nobogey72
09-15-2010, 10:17 AM

BEAST

You know, unless you were there at the realignment and saw how it all works itself out about making non-district schedules, you're making alot of assumptions about someone ducking. Lots of things have to work out just right for 2 teams to play. In our neck of the woods we have to travel a good ways to find 6 nondistrict games (being in a 5 team district) Celina on the other hand doesn't have that problem being in the metroplex area. I'm not a big Celina fan or anything but why in the world would they want to travel to Brownwood to play. I don't Celina needs to apologize to anyone about their schedule or who they choose to play or not play. I would say they've had enough success to justify however they want to go about their schedule making. No offense BEAST

Looking4number8
09-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
You know, unless you were there at the realignment and saw how it all works itself out about making non-district schedules, you're making alot of assumptions about someone ducking. Lots of things have to work out just right for 2 teams to play. In our neck of the woods we have to travel a good ways to find 6 nondistrict games (being in a 5 team district) Celina on the other hand doesn't have that problem being in the metroplex area. I'm not a big Celina fan or anything but why in the world would they want to travel to Brownwood to play. I don't Celina needs to apologize to anyone about their schedule or who they choose to play or not play. I would say they've had enough success to justify however they want to go about their schedule making. No offense BEAST

I cant argue with anything you said except the that the game itself would have sold lots of tickets. could have been very profitable for both schools. 15 SC between the two. Power house from the 60's and 70's playing a power house from the 90's and 00's. It would have been prety cool and a blast to be part of.