PDA

View Full Version : Rocket and Beast

Gsquared
09-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Ft Worth Allsaints? Really?? What would you guys do if you actually got beat by a school whose fight song is "If your happy and you know it" ?

Trashman
09-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Ft Worth Allsaints? Really?? What would you guys do if you actually got beat by a school whose fight song is "If your happy and you know it" ?

And I thought Cisco College had the worst fight song (The Can Can). :rolleyes:

Gsquared
09-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Allsaints doesnt have a band, they bring the choir. Should be fun to watch

Bullaholic
09-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
if you actually got beat

This part of your post is the part everyone would have to take a number for to be able to post, and crows would instantly become extinct if it happened, G2....:D That is an odd school song choice, however.

BEAST
09-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Im not real happy with playing them but to be honest, it was either play them or play 9 games. We were stuck with 9 and couldnt get any reasonable takers. They offered and we took it.

BEAST

Gsquared
09-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
This part of your post is the part everyone would have to take a number for to be able to post, and crows would instantly become extinct if it happened, G2....:D That is an odd school song choice, however.
Hehe, let it be noted that I think it will be a victory for All Saints just getting back to the bus after the 4th qtr.

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2010, 03:47 PM
coached agianst All saints last year..they are not terrible..no they wont beat Bwood but they have some players

bwdlionfan
09-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
coached agianst All saints last year..they are not terrible..no they wont beat Bwood but they have some players

They are 3-0 right now and beat Callisburg who beat the almighty Goldthwaite Eagles!!

Gsquared
09-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
They are 3-0 right now and beat Callisburg who beat the almighty Goldthwaite Eagles!!
Thats impressive but they are about to step up a whole nother level from Callisburg and Gwaite for this game.

Trashman
09-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan

Goldthwaite is banged up and was sitting several starters.

Rocket
09-14-2010, 07:41 PM
If we get beat by All Saints, I will say WOW...good job, All Saints. Unless we lost a key player to injury like Brown, then I would make excuses.... Same crap, different year.

wimbo_pro
09-15-2010, 02:29 AM
How do we know that, instead of all other coaches being "scared" to play Brownwood <bows head>, that it is actually Brownwood <bows head> that is afraid to play other teams, and picks on easy prey like All Saints? Just asking...

Rocket
09-15-2010, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
How do we know that, instead of all other coaches being "scared" to play Brownwood <bows head>, that it is actually Brownwood <bows head> that is afraid to play other teams, and picks on easy prey like All Saints? Just asking...

We have explained this over and over...

Our schedule was locked for over 2 months with only 9 games. Our district only has 5 teams. We thought we were going to have 2 byes. Then we get a call from All Saints (2 months later) with an offer. We did it to get 10 games, wimpy. We didn't call them, they called us.

jason
09-15-2010, 07:56 AM
how come brownwood didn't call abilene when everybody knew they were looking for games....

:D:stirpot:

spaniard
09-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by jason
how come brownwood didn't call abilene when everybody knew they were looking for games....

that's a fair question...

bowleghorses
09-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by spaniard
that's a fair question...

and we are waiting on a fair answer...:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Bosqueville
09-15-2010, 10:39 AM
I don't believe for a second that the defending class 5A state champion would schedule a 3A school. Would not happen even if BWD called.

jason
09-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
I don't believe for a second that the defending class 5A state champion would schedule a 3A school. Would not happen even if BWD called. i don't think they would have accepted the game either - but the point is brownwood didn't call them and at least ask....

Eagle 1
09-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Yes this is a good point.
Goldthwaite couldn't get ANY of the area 2A teams to play us this year, so we had to play teams like Callisburg and Marion who just dropped from 3A. When I mentioned that, the comeback from the Brownwood posters was "why didn't you call Brownwood"?
Well the answer is pretty obvious as to why neither team tried to play a team that is two classifications over their head.
So don't rag on us for not wanting to play Brownwood, when you guys wouldn't play Abilene.

Even with our 4 best two starters out of the game, we lost to Callisburg by one point.

Looking4number8
09-15-2010, 10:59 AM

Hmmm, Wylie is in our district so we could not play them... Correct me if I am wrong but are the 5A Abilene teams in a 10 team district and started their district games in the 2nd week of the season. If that is not correct, they have at least more than 5 teams in the district. That was our problem, most of the teams in the state were already playing district games on week 5.

By the way Jason, you figure out what you want for your new sig yet...

Looking4number8
09-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Yes this is a good point.
Goldthwaite couldn't get ANY of the area 2A teams to play us this year, so we had to play teams like Callisburg and Marion who just dropped from 3A. When I mentioned that, the comeback from the Brownwood posters was "why didn't you call Brownwood"?
Well the answer is pretty obvious as to why neither team tried to play a team that is two classifications over their head.
So don't rag on us for not wanting to play Brownwood, when you guys wouldn't play Abilene.

Even with our 4 best two starters out of the game, we lost to Callisburg by one point.

I dont think Brownwood wanted to play a 1A school either. Especially a neighboring 1A school that we support.

ccmom
09-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Hmmm, Wylie is in our district so we could not play them... Correct me if I am wrong but are the 5A Abilene teams in a 10 team district and started their district games in the 2nd week of the season. If that is not correct, they have at least more than 5 teams in the district. That was our problem, most of the teams in the state were already playing district games on week 5.

By the way Jason, you figure out what you want for your new sig yet...

Abilene High and Cooper are in a 6 team district, but your point is valid. I just like to point out your mistakes. :D

Rocket
09-15-2010, 11:10 AM

This is a stupid question. We used to play Abilene and Cooper regularly when we were 4A and even then we struggled to match them depth wise. We also suffered many injuries as well. I remember one season, I believe it was 2005, where we had 8 starters injured after playing a very brutal 5A schedule including Cooper, Abilene, and Permian.

So you want Shipley to call these teams and offer to play them knowing that they wouldn't play us? yeah that makes a ton of sense.:rolleyes:

wimbo_pro
09-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Is he scared?

jason
09-15-2010, 11:14 AM

By the way Jason, you figure out what you want for your new sig yet... its whatever you want - just send it my way

Looking4number8
09-15-2010, 11:17 AM
its whatever you want - just send it my way

Oh man, I really prefer just throwing it out there once and a while.. now you went and spoiled all my fun.. Dang it!

Rocket
09-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Is he scared?

Scared? To play a defending 5A State Champ school like Abilene? That isn't scared, that is smart.

How many 3A-5A games have been scheduled the last 5 years?

Looking4number8
09-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Abilene High and Cooper are in a 6 team district, but your point is valid. I just like to point out your mistakes. :D

over and over and over and over and over.....

ccmom
09-15-2010, 11:40 AM
over and over and over and over and over.....

If nothing else, I am dependable. :p

wimbo_pro
09-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Scared? To play a defending 5A State Champ school like Abilene? That isn't scared, that is smart.

How many 3A-5A games have been scheduled the last 5 years?

OK, fair enough. Now, explain to me why other coaches who dont schedule Brownwood <bows head> are "scared" according to you and your bro, but Brownwood <bows head> is "smart" for doing the exact same thing?

Rocket
09-15-2010, 11:57 AM
OK, fair enough. Now, explain to me why other coaches who dont schedule Brownwood <bows head> are "scared" according to you and your bro, but Brownwood <bows head> is "smart" for doing the exact same thing?

Because of the BIG difference between 3A and 5a. We have proven that we will schedule any 3A team that is willing to play. Look at our schedule when we dropped to 3A. A 3A playing a 3A is one thing, but a 3A playing a 5A is an entirely different thing altogether... I know you are smarter than this.. The word scared comes into play when we come a knockin' and ain't nobody home...get my drift?

wimbo_pro
09-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Because of the BIG difference between 3A and 5a. We have proven that we will schedule any 3A team that is willing to play. Look at our schedule when we dropped to 3A. A 3A playing a 3A is one thing, but a 3A playing a 5A is an entirely different thing altogether... I know you are smarter than this.. The word scared comes into play when we come a knockin' and ain't nobody home...get my drift?

No, not really. You said its smart to not play a 5A because of injuries. Did you feel this way when you were 4A, and didnt have as good of a team as you do now? So its not that they are 5A, its the injuries your coach is scared of. Maybe other teams are "smart" to not play a particular team because of the injury risk, regardless of size.

This is a perfect example of when one school does something, you call them "scared". When Brownwood <bows head> does it...its "smart".

WOS1
09-15-2010, 12:37 PM
The WOS Freshman and JV play the Port Arthur Memorial (5A) Frosh and JV every year and usually win. I know it's sub-varisty but still... Also Friendswood (1980) is on the cusp of 5A and we (WOS 699) played them this year.

We do, however, have the same kind of problems when it comes to scheduling... FW was a last minute thing as well.

garciap77
09-15-2010, 12:41 PM
No, not really. You said its smart to not play a 5A because of injuries. Did you feel this way when you were 4A, and didnt have as good of a team as you do now? So its not that they are 5A, its the injuries your coach is scared of. Maybe other teams are "smart" to not play a particular team because of the injury risk, regardless of size.

This is a perfect example of when one school does something, you call them "scared". When Brownwood <bows head> does it...its "smart".

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Rocket
09-15-2010, 12:55 PM

Playing another 3A is no where close to playing a 5A. You are looking at an intense game for 4 Quarters because a 5A can keep fresh bodies out there, while a 3A has many playing both ways and not as deep.

I didn't like Brownwood playing 5As for 3 games in pre-district. Not about fear, it's about fair.

My comparison is in classifications. If you want to say Celina is scared of Brownwood because of injury risks, that is fine too, but to back away from a 3A that is on the same level, not the same...If Celina is afraid Big Bad 3A Brownwood is going to injure their poor little bobcats, then I can understand that.

So to break it down for you...

Denying to play another 3A- Scared
Denying to play a team from a classification 2 levels higher (5A)- Smart

Got it? sheesh

I can call any team I want to "scared". And I can call Brownwood "smart". What's the big deal? It's just my opinion that you people just can't let go unchecked and then you are trying to call me out? Has that worked for the last 2 seasons? Come on...LOL

Rocket
09-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:clap: :clap: :clap:

TRES Y SIETE? LOL

Rocket
09-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
The WOS Freshman and JV play the Port Arthur Memorial (5A) Frosh and JV every year and usually win. I know it's sub-varisty but still... Also Friendswood (1980) is on the cusp of 5A and we (WOS 699) played them this year.

We do, however, have the same kind of problems when it comes to scheduling... FW was a last minute thing as well.

Still not even close to a Friday Night game against Abilene (Defending 5A State Champs)...

garciap77
09-15-2010, 01:06 PM
TRES Y SIETE? LOL

Que pasa? Senior Tres y Siete! LOL

jason
09-15-2010, 01:10 PM
copperas cove was looking for a game too - thats why they played that mexican team....

they were 4a the same time as brownwood.....

wimbo_pro
09-15-2010, 01:14 PM

Has that worked for the last 2 seasons? Come on...LOL

You aren't the only one who sits back and laughs at these posts...so chill out, Pocket Rocket Man! It's all just banter until the whistle blows...nothing better to do!!!

Red&White_9x5
09-15-2010, 01:22 PM
As mentioned on another thread, Rocket keeps making himself look like a bigger tool bag with each and every post.. Keep cruising the streets of Brownwood in your letterjacket that is three sizes too small talking about how good the Lions were back in the day when you only got into the game when the "real" players got the team up by 40 points!!!

Rocket
09-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
As mentioned on another thread, Rocket keeps making himself look like a bigger tool bag with each and every post.. Keep cruising the streets of Brownwood in your letterjacket that is three sizes too small taking about how good the Lions were back in the day when you only got into the game when the "real" players got the team up by 40 points!!!

WOW...LOL

I have been the same guy since Day 1 on this board. You don't like it? I don't care...

If you take me seriously, you are a fool...

Rocket
09-15-2010, 01:35 PM
copperas cove was looking for a game too - thats why they played that mexican team....

they were 4a the same time as brownwood.....

Yeah, and Brownwood was in their district and beat them with Robert Griffin at QB.

Rocket
09-15-2010, 01:36 PM
You aren't the only one who sits back and laughs at these posts...so chill out, Pocket Rocket Man! It's all just banter until the whistle blows...nothing better to do!!!

If Brownwood and Wimbo play this season, we have to hang out...

Bosqueville
09-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Wimbo... I have to say, every time I see the bows head it makes me laugh out loud. :)

Rocket
09-15-2010, 02:08 PM
wimbo is a funny guy! I am glad he knows who the King is...he should bow... he is but a baseworm in the presence of Brownwood.

BwdLions
09-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Wimbo... I have to say, every time I see the bows head it makes me laugh out loud. :)

Oh great, that's all he (or she) needs is encouragement. :doh:

nobogey72
09-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah, and Brownwood was in their district and beat them with Robert Griffin at QB.

Griffin at QB for 1 play

BwdLion73
09-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Griffin at QB for 1 play

:tisk: I believe he played almost a whole series.

Looking4number8
09-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
:tisk: I believe he played almost a whole series.

I believe he did play that whole series and was thrilled to be leaving the field.. Big bother Longoria made him a very unhappy (and sore) camper!

Pendragon13
09-15-2010, 04:19 PM

:D:stirpot: LOL

bwdlionfan
09-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Griffin at QB for 1 play

Actually Griffin played two complete series... went 3 and our on both of them... it was the hit he took on 3rd and long on the second series where he lost his temper.

Eagle 1
09-15-2010, 07:58 PM

So to break it down for you...

Denying to play another 3A- Scared
Denying to play a team from a classification 2 levels higher (5A)- Smart

Also, 1A is a joke and to compare Brownwood to Goldthwaite is dumb. Let's strap it up with the Varsity teams. Brownwood wouldn't schedule little old Goldthwaite with their REAL teams...they had to fill the schedule with some lesser A Teams.

So explain to me what's the difference? :thinking:
Your accussing us of being scared to play Brownwood, yet Brownwood is not scared to play a 5A team?

Like I said, you talk out of both sides of your mouth depending on what best suits you.:rolleyes:

BwdLion73
09-15-2010, 08:16 PM
So explain to me what's the difference? :thinking:
Your accussing us of being scared to play Brownwood, yet Brownwood is not scared to play a 5A team?

Like I said, you talk out of both sides of your mouth depending on what best suits you.:rolleyes:

I think each coach decides what he wants to do and what is best for his program. Scared is not the right word that anyone is using on this site. Each program has a stratagy, it could be easy and save our players or hard and toughen them up. Yall are just fussin like a bunch of parents on the sidelines of a soccer game.

A week of this is enough for me to chime in. Good luck Eagles, GO BROWNWOOD.

Eagle 1
09-15-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm surprised some of the Brownwood mafia hasn't asked Rocket to tone it down a notch.
It's kind of hard to make those points spread with all trash he talks. :D

BwdLion73
09-15-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm surprised some of the Brownwood mafia hasn't asked Rocket to tone it down a notch.
It's kind of hard to make those points spread with all trash he talks. :D

Maybe the Brownwood Mafia likes what Rocket is doing...He's a flag toter, and you always need a flag toter out front. You seem to be out front quite a bit yourself.;)

Eagle 1
09-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Maybe the Brownwood Mafia likes what Rocket is doing...He's a flag toter, and you always need a flag toter out front. You seem to be out front quite a bit yourself.;)
What with my mere 1,000 post?
He can do that in about a week. ;)

BwdLion73
09-15-2010, 08:45 PM
He has to. He could start a thread that said "Good morning its a pretty day in Brownwood"and spend the next few hours answering people who said it was not. :)

Eagle 1
09-15-2010, 08:59 PM
He has to. He could start a thread that said "Good morning its a pretty day in Brownwood"and spend the next few hours answering people who said it was not. :)

And who's fault is that? :)

BwdLion73
09-15-2010, 09:04 PM
Well it's damn sure not mine! :D :D :D ;)

feed it and it will come...

:)

garciap77
09-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
As mentioned on another thread, Rocket keeps making himself look like a bigger tool bag with each and every post.. Keep cruising the streets of Brownwood in your letterjacket that is three sizes too small talking about how good the Lions were back in the day when you only got into the game when the "real" players got the team up by 40 points!!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/funny-cat-picture-cute-kitty-pic-kitten-looking-in-mirror-seeing-a-lion-1.jpg

:D

BwdLion73
09-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Well it's damn sure not mine! :D :D :D ;)

feed it and it will come...

:)

see what I mean? :D

wimbo_pro
09-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Scared is not the right word that anyone is using on this site.

Exactly BwdLion73. Exactly. I hope your comrades read this.

BwdLion73
09-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Exactly BwdLion73. Exactly. I hope your comrades read this.

They know it Wimbo, sometimes funnin turns into fightin....it just happens among friends and like minded dedicated fans.:)

WOS1
09-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Because of the BIG difference between 3A and 5a. We have proven that we will schedule any 3A team that is willing to play.

My bad, I was responding to the post above... I guess you mean't 5a (state champs)...

bwdlionfan
09-16-2010, 04:09 PM

Interesting fact... Brownwood used to open the season with Abilene Cooper for many many years. We also routinely had 2-3 5A ball clubs on the schedule for the first few games each year... San Angelo Central (even back in the 60s when they were good).... Abilene Cooper, Abilene High, Odessa Permian, Temple, etc....

With all the success our program has had over the years, we have only finished a regular season at 10-0 four times.

OPERATOR
09-16-2010, 05:54 PM
I don't believe for a second that the defending class 5A state champion would schedule a 3A school. Would not happen even if BWD called.

Nope, plus it would be a disaster for bwood.

Rocket
09-16-2010, 06:55 PM

NO FREAKIN' DUH!

Wow, good job, Matlock! You proved your point. LOL

I TALK OUT OF MY MOUTH, OUT OF MY BUTT, AND SOMETIMES OUT OF BOTH SIDES OF MY MOUTH AT THE SAME TIME.

For the 4000th time....If you take me seriously, you are a fool.

Rocket
09-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by OPERATOR
Nope, plus it would be a disaster for bwood.

Not this season.:D

OPERATOR
09-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Not this season.:D

Brownwood is good no doubt, I watched them all the way through 7 on 7...but not good enough to beat Abilene High or any top ranked 5A program.

Rocket
09-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by OPERATOR
Brownwood is good no doubt, I watched them all the way through 7 on 7...but not good enough to beat Abilene High or any top ranked 5A program.

Based on 7 on 7 you say that?

Not saying we would win, but we would def make some noise.

OPERATOR
09-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Based on 7 on 7 you say that?

Not saying we would win, but we would def make some noise.

No, I've seen that group since they were all in Jr. High

Eagle 1
09-16-2010, 09:39 PM

I TALK OUT OF MY MOUTH, OUT OF MY BUTT, AND SOMETIMES OUT OF BOTH SIDES OF MY MOUTH AT THE SAME TIME.

For the 4000th time....If you take me seriously, you are a fool.

Rockets scapegoat, "If you take me seriously, you are a fool."

http://i52.tinypic.com/n705qp.gif

BEAST
09-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Operator just curious, how did you watch us all summer in 7 on 7 and watch this group of kids since Jr High from Snyder?

BEAST

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Rockets scapegoat, "If you take me seriously, you are a fool."

http://i52.tinypic.com/n705qp.gif He is trying to say he is a JOKE!!:D

Eagle 1
09-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
He is trying to say he is a JOKE!!:D

I don't think he is "trying"....he "is"...:)

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 10:02 PM
I don't think he is "trying"....he "is"...:) Lol!!!:D

91 lion
09-17-2010, 04:17 PM

Even with our 4 best two starters out of the game, we lost to Callisburg by one point. [/B]

"4 best two starters......"?

What are they teaching you guys over there in Mills County Eagle 1a?

Rocket
09-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
"4 best two starters......"?

What are they teaching you guys over there in Mills County Eagle 1a?

Looks like simpLE dad has a twin brother...
http://brownwoodlions.com/myspace/simpledad.jpg

LE Dad
09-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Looks like simpLE dad has a twin brother...
http://brownwoodlions.com/myspace/simpledad.jpg Oh, I thought maybe the internet was down in Hobbs.:doh: It sure been awhile since you posted on the "sideline to sideline" thread.:thinking:

LoLions... :D

garciap77
09-17-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't think he is "trying"....he "is"...:)

:eek: :eek: :eek: