PDA

View Full Version : H-E-B Grocery Store Getting Closer to DFW

Matthew328
09-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Great news!!! I saw a sign on I-35 announcing H-E-B was opeing a store in Burleson!!! This is AWESOME!!!!

The only actual H-E-B stores (not Central Market) in the DFW area as Waxahachie and Cleburne...

So all you grocery store geeks get ready!!

SHSBulldog00
09-14-2010, 03:31 PM
I go there all the time down home in the Houston area. Best Vegetables in the area.

bwdlionfan
09-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Great news!!! I saw a sign on I-35 announcing H-E-B was opeing a store in Burleson!!! This is AWESOME!!!!

The only actual H-E-B stores (not Central Market) in the DFW area as Waxahachie and Cleburne...

I live in Cleburne and go to the one here pretty often. The one in Burleson is opening in 10 days. They are also building in Granbury and somewhere else (can't remember but I overheard some employees at the Cleburne store talking the other day).

Matthew328
09-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Granbury would be a good location along with Weatherford...

bwdlionfan
09-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Granbury would be a good location along with Weatherford...

Weatherford MIGHT have been the other location... I wish I could remember.

SintonFan
09-14-2010, 07:20 PM

Try the raspberry-chipotle ranch dip they sell. Good enough to drink.:D

HEB is rising like Kerrville(where HEB is from) Tivy.:eek:

DU_stud04
09-14-2010, 07:59 PM
i wish they would put a heb in the heb area.... :(

skins4life
09-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Grew up in Lampasas going to that one all of the time.

turbostud
09-14-2010, 09:20 PM
According to my wife HEB is more expensive than Super WalMart. When she goes grocery shopping she goes to HEB to get certain things off the list and then goes to WalMart to get the other things. She knows what is cheaper and more expensive at each store.
When I go, I go to one or the other, fill the cart in 15 minutes and I am out of there. I could care less who or what is cheaper or more expensive. Get n go.

Blastoderm55
09-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Wal-Mart's often cheaper and has more variety of frozen items, but HEBs market, deli, and bakery are all better. And the meal deals rock!

ronwx5x
09-14-2010, 09:31 PM
HEB's produce is second to none, and they offer much more ethnic variety than most other stores, including the BIG BOX. I go to WalMart for health and beauty supplies, but my food shopping is at HEB!

bwdlionfan
09-14-2010, 09:48 PM
I've compared prices between Wal Mart and HEB. There are items that are cheaper at each store... but overall you will probably save a few extra bucks with Wal Mart if you buy a cart full of groceries. I still go to HEB though, because it's not worth saving the extra $3 to have to spend an extra 45 minutes walking a larger store and standing in line longer. Only time I go to Wal Mart is if I need something in electronics, hardware, etc that HEB doesn't really carry.

The HEB meal deals are awesome... as is the fajita meat and produce.

wildstangs
09-14-2010, 10:54 PM
The empty lot is finally starting to take shape here in Granbury. Gonna be right down the street from my house.

SintonFan
09-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Funny how when I joined this board nobody up North knew what HEB was and didn't care.:D

AP Panther Fan
09-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
The HEB meal deals are awesome... as is the fajita meat and produce.

Yes they are. Last week I bought a package of sausage (4) and got a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and a large can of Bush's Baked Beans (no recipe) for free!

When checking out I did spend $2.50 on brownies because the checkers were having a competition. lol.

In Aransas Pass, HEB is very community-minded. They get involved and participate in many worthwhile causes. :)

mwynn05
09-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Burleson is DFW if it isnt than i dono what is....im <15 minutes from sundance square... i am ready for it to open though

Old Dog
09-15-2010, 11:32 PM
HEB caters to the ethnic areas in which they set up shop. In Austin the HEB on far north Lamar is heavy with espanic flavor, while one on north Mopac caters to Asian tastes and the one on Burnet Road at Allendale appears to deal greatly in Geriatric products. The Marble Falls store meat section handles a much higher grade of meat than the store in Burnet (mo money in Horseshoe Bay and Meadowlakes......lol).