PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone tried ATT Uverse?

Tx Challenge
09-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Opinions? I have Charter cable at the moment, and it has been terrible to say the least. It freezes constantly and I have been told this is a common problem in the area. As far as internet, it has been acceptable.

I know Directv and Dish are options but I am not interested in a 2 year agreement. Esp if another option is avail.

Would like to hear from those that have Uverse. and tell me the good and the bad....I plan on using it for internet and TV,

Any input welcomed...

AP Panther Fan
09-14-2010, 03:29 PM
My sister and brother-in-law live in Leander/Cedar Park and they have it and like it. I think the package deals are priced pretty good too.

By the time I have figured out their remote each time I visit, it is time to come back home. lol. They do have a "free on demand" feature that is pretty good for finding movies and watching them whenever you want.

DU_stud04
09-14-2010, 04:16 PM
uverse is awesome.

lakers
09-14-2010, 04:29 PM
I have had it for four months now and all I can say is that it is awesome. Before Uverse I had suddenlink and it was absolutely horrible. With the package deal I have u-300 or 400, I can't remember, 3 extra boxes, and the 12 or 16 meg internet I pay around 180 which is a lot cheaper then what I was paying with suddenlink, plus I get a lot more channels. One pro is that the uverse has a built in router so their is no need to buy one and the dvr capacity is huge, I have like 300 hrs of tv on it and it still has room. Another plus is being able to record 4 shows with one dvr and being able to pause and continue watching in any room. They even have an iPhone app where you can tell your dvr to record a show and some shows that are on demand you can download to your phone and watch them. There are a ton of on demand shows as well.

So to sum it up, if you don't want to be tied down to a contract uverse is the best you can get for the money.

Tx Challenge
09-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Am looking at the U200 plan and adding the sports package as far as TV goes. Also they offer the $250 rebate plus I found another $25 off coupon....All this with no contract.

I know nothing about it, but it sounds like a decent way to go. If I average out the rebates, we will have more channels, faster internet for less than what we pay now. Just wanted to hear from those with experience with it..

ronwx5x
09-14-2010, 06:03 PM
My daughter and her husband have had it for 2 years and love it. They had Dish prior to this since UVerse was not available and did not care for it. It is difficult to figure out the remote though. Maybe because I'm old?

lakers
09-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Am looking at the U200 plan and adding the sports package as far as TV goes. Also they offer the $250 rebate plus I found another $25 off coupon....All this with no contract.

I know nothing about it, but it sounds like a decent way to go. If I average out the rebates, we will have more channels, faster internet for less than what we pay now. Just wanted to hear from those with experience with it..

You should definitely see if they have a customer referral program. If they do you should hook up a fellow member of the downlow. (me) :D

SintonFan
09-14-2010, 09:24 PM

I am dumping Uverse after over two years.
Part of the problem is industry-wide. Your rate will go up after your introductory period. I can't stand that. I would gladly pay more in the beginning if companies rewarded my faithfulness, but alas that doesn't happen. My Uverse U200 package is now more expensive than what Time Warner wants.
Part of my problem is my wife recently lost her job and I am the only one bringing in the $$$. Since TV is low on my list of needs for my family, my Uverse was shut off after the Cowboys game on Sunday night. I called to get the account squared away and was told that it would be an extra $95 to turn back on me service. lol I wasn't happy here, because I have been a SBC/ATT customer for 20 years. Didn't matter...
Also, in two+ years I have had my home wireless router replaced four times. I'm not sure if there are line issues or hardware issues but it can be frustrating to get consistent service. My whole neighborhood has had problems with the service in San Antonio.
My U200 package is now around $140+ a month.
So...
I will now use Clearwire($40) on my own router...
Magic Jack(>$2 a month, similar VOIP as uverse and better rates )...
Netflix($9 a month, much more on-demand stuff and superior quality on the Wii!)...
and Dish($50 a month)...
to achieve the same thing at $101 a month vs $140+...
and with a faster internet connection than what I had with Uverse.
Hope this helps.

Tx Challenge
09-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I am dumping Uverse after over two years.
Part of the problem is industry-wide. Your rate will go up after your introductory period. I can't stand that. I would gladly pay more in the beginning if companies rewarded my faithfulness, but alas that doesn't happen. My Uverse U200 package is now more expensive than what Time Warner wants.
Part of my problem is my wife recently lost her job and I am the only one bringing in the $$$. Since TV is low on my list of needs for my family, my Uverse was shut off after the Cowboys game on Sunday night. I called to get the account squared away and was told that it would be an extra $95 to turn back on me service. lol I wasn't happy here, because I have been a SBC/ATT customer for 20 years. Didn't matter...
Also, in two+ years I have had my home wireless router replaced four times. I'm not sure if there are line issues or hardware issues but it can be frustrating to get consistent service. My whole neighborhood has had problems with the service in San Antonio.
My U200 package is now around $140+ a month.
So...
I will now use Clearwire($40) on my own router...
Magic Jack(>$2 a month, similar VOIP as uverse and better rates )...
Netflix($9 a month, much more on-demand stuff and superior quality on the Wii!)...
and Dish($50 a month)...
to achieve the same thing at $101 a month vs $140+...
and with a faster internet connection than what I had with Uverse.
Hope this helps.

It does help..Thanks....I am looking short term..I will send you a PM Wed about Voip. Depending on your needs, I might can help

SintonFan
09-14-2010, 11:18 PM
It does help..Thanks....I am looking short term..I will send you a PM Wed about Voip. Depending on your needs, I might can help

Thanks, I can use any help with Voip.:cool:

AP Panther Fan
09-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
It is difficult to figure out the remote though. Maybe because I'm old?

Absolutely not! We aren't going there, got it?:cool:

Tx Challenge
09-16-2010, 12:34 AM
Wow Must be a big demand for this in L.A. I ordered and cant this installed till the 29th. Got a couple more weeks of Charter and their "freeze is how we roll" matter of fact...Might have to go to a hotel this weekend to watch some games.