PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum @ Edna

Snotbubbles
09-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Who ya got here?

Snotbubbles
09-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Dogs lose to another 2A school, 28-7. Lack of leadership, no emotion showing. Better find it quick, or Poteet could be your only win remaining.

tlc84
09-14-2010, 02:52 PM
1st home game of the year and I think after the slow start the Cowboys had at Boling they will come out ready to play and handle this game. Cowboys by 13

YTBulldogs
09-14-2010, 03:18 PM
I do agree with the leadership part. I've never seen a winner without a leader. Seen plenty of losers without one though.

Not ready to predict just yet. I'm bummed.

fourbeee
09-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Going to be a long season for the dogs
28-7 Edna

YTBulldogs
09-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by fourbeee
Going to be a long season for the dogs
28-7 Edna

4B, it could be just that. But man, they have the dern talent on this team I'm telling ya. Deep at RB and WR. Descent at the QB spot, tad thin on the lines. But I just can't see why this team isn't producing. Started slow last year, then went two deep. I just can't figure this team out.

I know they don't get very excited. It's like a funeral at all their games at every level. Fan's and players alike. I thought I was watching Tiger Woods putt at the US Open last week with all that "golfer clapping".

Something needs to get these kids/town excited. Knowing you have the talent to repeat what last years club did, one would think that would motivate ya, huh?

Cowboy_Up
09-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Edna/Yoakum series goes back a long, long time and there has been plenty of emotion shown on the field through the years. Hard to believe the 'dogs don't show up with a huge chip on their shoulder.

bk12
09-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
4B, it could be just that. But man, they have the dern talent on this team I'm telling ya. Deep at RB and WR. Descent at the QB spot, tad thin on the lines. But I just can't see why this team isn't producing. Started slow last year, then went two deep. I just can't figure this team out.

I know they don't get very excited. It's like a funeral at all their games at every level. Fan's and players alike. I thought I was watching Tiger Woods putt at the US Open last week with all that "golfer clapping".

Something needs to get these kids/town excited. Knowing you have the talent to repeat what last years club did, one would think that would motivate ya, huh?

All it takes is one guy in that locker room to get all the players around while the coaches aren't and tell them how it is. Then another kid starts and then another.. its a domino effect that could possibly turn this team around on pure heart. Good luck to the dogs the remainder of the year.

fourbeee
09-15-2010, 01:17 PM
I wish it was as easy as having a player or 2 all of a sudden decide to become a leader. Either you are or you aren't. The kids look like they are just going thru the motions. This goes deeper than just kids not being fired up to play. These kids have gone thru a lot coaching changes the last couple of years. Kids have to be put in a position where they have a chance to win as well as be prepared emotionally to win.

playnhurt
09-15-2010, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fourbeee
[ These kids have gone thru a lot coaching changes the last couple of years.

Isn't this Coach K's third year at least?

fourbeee
09-15-2010, 02:53 PM
2nd year, he inherited a solid senior team coming off a 2 round playoff year his 1st year.

txsportswriter
09-15-2010, 05:06 PM
I believe this year's Yoakum team is walking on a very thin line right now. They can either turn things around and have a decent team or it could turn south in a hurry and they'd be lucky to win another game. It's really all up to them and it has nothing to do with the coaching staff. I think once the players decide enough is enough and they take responsibility for their actions instead of pointing the finger, they'll be OK. The team needs to play with a little more emotion and some of the seniors needs to step up and become leaders. Yoakum does have the talent to compete, no doubt, but if they keep blaming each other when things go wrong and argue amongst each other, it won't matter. I also believe that the coaches, if things go downhill against Edna this week, need to shuffle around some personnel and give guys a chance in other positions. Just my opinion on that. If the Bulldogs can come together and play as a team with a lot of HEART, DETERMINATION & DESIRE, then Yoakum can compete in District 28-3A. If not, then it's going to be a long season. PERIOD!

YTBulldogs
09-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Yoakum 21
Edner 7

Ruserious
09-16-2010, 01:14 PM
EDNA 21

Yoakm 7:D

Ruserious
09-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Really looking foreward to this game. Last years game was great and Yoakum players and coaches were great sports after the game complementing our players. That really is impressive in a long-running rivalry type game.

YTBulldogs
09-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Ruserious
EDNA 21

Yoakm 7:D

Use to be a car dealer over in Edna that would pronounce Edna as "Edner" on his TV/Radio ads. Was not disrespecting your lovely town Ruserious.

It's always a pleassure to play against a classy school. Last year, Kam was too much. Wish him well at UTSA. One of the best QB's I seen last year.

SHSBulldog00
09-18-2010, 02:58 AM
Final?

R4Editor
09-18-2010, 03:16 AM
34-17 Edna

Cowboy_Up
09-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Hard hitting physical game with Edna's speed being the difference. Yoakum's O would look good and move the ball and then either make a big mistake, fumble or int, or get stuffed on 4th and short. When the dogs get their O a little more in sync I think they challenge for a playoff spot in their district.

Nice break out game for Edna's soph RB #2 who after gaining 100+ yards last week in the 2nd half, ran for 249 last night. Close to 400yds in 6 quarters. Lots of whispers around town this summer that he might be something special and its looking like that may be the case.

Good luck to Yoakum the rest of the way.

YTBulldogs
09-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Good luck to you too Cowboy Up. I think Edna will be very successful.

As for my Dogs. Appears some changes will need to be made heading into district.

Ruserious
09-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Use to be a car dealer over in Edna that would pronounce Edna as "Edner" on his TV/Radio ads. Was not disrespecting your lovely town Ruserious.

It's always a pleassure to play against a classy school. Last year, Kam was too much. Wish him well at UTSA. One of the best QB's I seen last year.

Yes, I knowYT, I remember and I felt no disrespect at all. Just joking back.

Another hard fought game that surely helped both teams prepare for district play. Yoakum's # 20 kickoff return TD could be a case study on how to return a kick.Speed and Grit,Wow!
Good luck Bulldogs.

YTBulldogs
09-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Leonard Johnson was that auto dealer I believe.