PDA

View Full Version : Longhorns New Offense

sandmaster
09-14-2010, 10:37 AM
I applaud the effort to try and run the ball more but I feel Texas is a better team when they throw the ball. What are ya'lls thoughts on the Longhorns?

SHSBulldog00
09-14-2010, 10:38 AM
same

eagles_victory
09-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Everything takes time... Ill admit I have not liked much of what I have seen so far but I would say the jury is still out.

Old Tiger
09-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Check back in 2 years when Bergeron(who some say is the best FB to come out of Texas in a long time) and Malcolm Brown are in the back field.

197 ypg passing
182 ypg rushing

Very balanced! Which I think is the goal of the Texas staff is to just be more balanced.

sandmaster
09-14-2010, 12:02 PM
That is definatly true but in today's win now society you can't be looking a couple of years in advance!!!

Old Tiger
09-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by sandmaster
That is definatly true but in today's win now society you can't be looking a couple of years in advance!!! 2-0 :D

We will see come this weekend the first view of the full complex offense instead of the vanilla stuff we have seen the past two weeks.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-14-2010, 12:05 PM
I hate the new O... Not Texas football.. Go back to spread and rack up the points

Old Tiger
09-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
I hate the new O... Not Texas football.. Go back to spread and rack up the points lol wut?

GreenMonster
09-14-2010, 12:11 PM
In my opinion the big change is that in the past they have relied on Vince and Colt to carry the ball when a seam opened. Now the new guy doesn't run as well so they are having to use the RB's more to get the balance that they want.

DDBooger
09-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
In my opinion the big change is that in the past they have relied on Vince and Colt to carry the ball when a seam opened. Now the new guy doesn't run as well so they are having to use the RB's more to get the balance that they want. He's not a bad runner, he just shouldn't be running. Texas pulls in the best talent, they should have a RB doing it. Malcom Brown is just the horse. if Aaron Green or Jonathan Gray follow him, that would be a MEAN 1-2 punch.

Old Tiger
09-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
He's not a bad runner, he just shouldn't be running. Texas pulls in the best talent, they should have a RB doing it. Malcom Brown is just the horse. if Aaron Green or Jonathan Gray follow him, that would be a MEAN 1-2 punch. Especially with the lack of depth at QB. If Gilbert goes down Texas would have to rely on a true freshmen in Case McCoy.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
lol wut?

I want to see more shotgun.. In the past, the longhorns play maker was the QB, they would get him the ball in the shotgun and make him make plays... It seems like they are not letting him make plays... He will b fine in the shotgun, he ran it for 4 years at LT

DDBooger
09-14-2010, 12:25 PM
he ran it for 4 years at LT Not with Greg Davis calling 5 yard bombs. :D

SintonPirateFan
09-14-2010, 12:27 PM
i don't think gilbert is a bad runner either. he did pretty good on the couple of scrambles where he HAD to run. maybe the championship game helped them realize the QB shouldnt be your #1 RB.

Old Tiger
09-14-2010, 12:36 PM
I want to see more shotgun.. In the past, the longhorns play maker was the QB, they would get him the ball in the shotgun and make him make plays... It seems like they are not letting him make plays... He will b fine in the shotgun, he ran it for 4 years at LT In the past? You mean from 2004 to 2009?

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Spread 'em out, one back, shotgun formation, one back.

It works.

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Not with Greg Davis calling 5 yard bombs. :D

LOL!