PDA

View Full Version : Shipley may be the best ever....

Rocket
09-13-2010, 10:50 PM
This guy thinks so...

The Best (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGauXXA4Jfg)

BaseballUmp
09-13-2010, 10:52 PM
hahahahaha you never cease to amaze me lol

Old Dog
09-13-2010, 10:54 PM
He may be right !!!!

wimbo_pro
09-13-2010, 10:55 PM
He just might be right on this one.

wyliefan
09-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
This guy thinks so...

The Best (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGauXXA4Jfg)

So Rocket, if Brownwood does not win State, are you off the Board for good.... Like the guy said?????????

BEAST
09-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Ill say this, I pray for teams to double, hell triple team him. We will eat your lunch that your momma made ya with the Chastain, McShan, Johnson, Ellis and the others. And, Jaxon will still get his. If you dont like that, I dare you to man up. By the way, we can run the ball as well. Pick your poison, it doesnt matter to us, either way you die. Our D is very good as well. This is the first D in a while that us maroon bloods have labeled the Death Row D. There is history behind that name and it means something to the bloods. We dont give it out easily.

BEAST

Kid Ice
09-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Ill say this, I pray for teams to double, hell triple team him. We will eat your lunch that your momma made ya with the Chastain, McShan, Johnson, Ellis and the others. And, Jaxon will still get his. If you dont like that, I dare you to man up. By the way, we can run the ball as well. Pick your poison, it doesnt matter to us, either way you die. Our D is very good as well. This is the first D in a while that us maroon bloods have labeled the Death Row D. There is history behind that name and it means something to the bloods. We dont give it out easily.

BEAST

Amen.

skins4life
09-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by wyliefan
So Rocket, if Brownwood does not win State, are you off the Board for good.... Like the guy said?????????

Now what would this board be with out the Rocket??? ;) ;)

Rocket
09-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by wyliefan

NEVAH!

wimbo_pro
09-14-2010, 12:33 AM
We dont give it out easily.
BEAST

Well, a few of you have given out solid predictions in the past that didnt come true, so excuse some of us for doubting you.

eagles_victory
09-14-2010, 01:42 AM
For people who saw Jordan is Jaxon better at this point?

Rocket
09-14-2010, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Well, a few of you have given out solid predictions in the past that didnt come true, so excuse some of us for doubting you.

:rolleyes:

Here is one for ya...If Brownwood plays Wimberley again, they will beat them so bad that Wimbo will give us the Regional trophy from last season.;)

If you think Graham was good, oh my goodness son...you have no earthly idea...

Rocket
09-14-2010, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

His dad already said yup...

orange machine
09-14-2010, 01:57 AM
Its time for Bob Shipley to get a restraining order on Rocket no lie. Dude you seriously have some deep issues you talk about Shilpey so dang much im really starting to wonder about you.

coach
09-14-2010, 02:23 AM

better than michael? now way

Old Tiger
09-14-2010, 02:46 AM
Sweet more Bwood circle jerking!

Tin Cup
09-14-2010, 07:21 AM
I'm not afraid to say he's the best I've ever seen. The way he changes and dictates our field position makes such a huge difference. The way he plays the ball at the high point is what makes him special. Perfect coverage isn't good enough. I'm a Brownwood fan but I'd say this if he played for anyone. He's legit and if you haven't seen him and even dislike Brownwood bc of us posters just go watch him. He deserves it.

fresh-j
09-14-2010, 07:34 AM
...Drumroll please.....NO ONE... Not even Jaxon :D ... Is close to Jordan, Jordan averaged OVER 1000 YARDS PER SEASON IN HIGH SCHOOL. Jaxon, or hardly ANY 3A recievers have had back to back 1000 yard season, now imagine FOUR IN A ROW... Now right now Jaxon (I know he has been hurt before, so with the time played it's still amazing) has about 26 recieving touchdowns....Jordan had 73 by the time he was done, BUT what Jaxon CAN do that Jordan wasn't able to was get the championship game won... Time will tell.....

jason
09-14-2010, 07:40 AM
For people who saw Jordan is Jaxon better at this point? it's hard to tell - jordan had a d1 quarterback throwing to him, so stat wise, i dont think he (jaxon) will come close to jordan....

Eagle 1
09-14-2010, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by jason
it's hard to tell - jordan had a d1 quarterback throwing to him, so stat wise, i dont think he (jaxon) will come close to jordan....
More like an NFL qb.
From what I've heard Jordan was/is faster.
I wished Dallas would have picked him up.

Pick6
09-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Its time for Bob Shipley to get a restraining order on Rocket no lie. Dude you seriously have some deep issues you talk about Shilpey so dang much im really starting to wonder about you.

Says the guy who chases jocks in another county. Wonder why that is, probably already has restraining orders out in Grayson county.

Rocket
09-14-2010, 08:07 AM

I think you are a little obsessed with me actually. I better get a restraining order on you. You follow my every move. I'll send you an autographed picture wearing orange for $100.

95mustang
09-14-2010, 08:11 AM
I think you are a little obsessed with me actually. I better get a restraining order on you. You follow my every move. I'll send you an autographed picture wearing orange for $100.

:spitlol:

ctown
09-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Who is Shipley. Never heard of him.

STANG RED
09-14-2010, 08:21 AM

BEAST

BEAST, you should have known better than to give your password to Rocket.:D

Ranger Mom
09-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
I'm not afraid to say he's the best I've ever seen. The way he changes and dictates our field position makes such a huge difference. The way he plays the ball at the high point is what makes him special. Perfect coverage isn't good enough. I'm a Brownwood fan but I'd say this if he played for anyone. He's legit and if you haven't seen him and even dislike Brownwood bc of us posters just go watch him. He deserves it.

I will be watching him when Snyder and Brownwood play.

I have decided to make the trek to Snyder that night!:)

NastySlot
09-14-2010, 08:49 AM

will get to see Jaxon for the for the first time on friday and I saw Jordan mulitple times when he was in h.s.

Tin Cup
09-14-2010, 09:00 AM
How much did jordan play in his games at burnet. Did they blow everyone out and him play half the game or did he have to play 3/4 quarters. Impressive numbers no doubt.

orange machine
09-14-2010, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Says the guy who chases jocks in another county. Wonder why that is, probably already has restraining orders out in Grayson county.
So you know where I live? Maybe I should get a restraining order on you. Hey Mr. Know it all just because I work in Grayson County doesn't mean I live there . You seem to always open your mouth and speak of things you know nothing about. Looks like I have a fan as well.

Ranger Mom
09-14-2010, 09:12 AM
OMG!! You guys take it up in PM's, I am getting sick of this!!!!

pirate4state
09-14-2010, 09:31 AM
How much did jordan play in his games at burnet. Did they blow everyone out and him play half the game or did he have to play 3/4 quarters. Impressive numbers no doubt. I don't think Jordan ever left the field. He played both ways. He was fun to watch out there.

I'll never forget the Burnet/Wharton game in Victoria...WOW! McGee to Shipley over and over haha

hollywood
09-14-2010, 09:33 AM

As the good brother he is, Jordan even said it himself.;)

spirate_9
09-14-2010, 09:44 AM
How much did jordan play in his games at burnet. Did they blow everyone out and him play half the game or did he have to play 3/4 quarters. Impressive numbers no doubt.

Here are the results from Shipley's sophomore - senior years (2001-03) at Burnet. I could not find his freshman results from Raton. Looks like they blew out a lot of people so he probably only played 2-3 quarters in a lot of those games. He also played defense, kicked, and returned punts and kicks.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/spirate_9/Burnet-1.jpg

Pick6
09-14-2010, 09:54 AM
So you know where I live? Maybe I should get a restraining order on you. Hey Mr. Know it all just because I work in Grayson County doesn't mean I live there . You seem to always open your mouth and speak of things you know nothing about. Looks like I have a fan as well.

Hey kettle, you've said it in previous post, guess you're not smart enough to remember what you've posted before, but that doesn't surprise me since you've changed some many stories. Besides, the only fans you want are minor boys.

hollywood
09-14-2010, 09:55 AM
For what it's worth: Below are comments from their father in a story from May 2009. Link below.

“He's probably a more developed athlete than Jordan was at this point and he's already taller than Jordan is right now,” said Bob Shipley.

At a legitimate 6-1, 170 pounds and running a 4.5 40 as a high school sophomore, Jaxon has the necessary physical characteristics. Along with being taller, Jaxon is probably, as crazy as it may seem, more polished than Jordan was at this age.

Jordan vs Jaxon (http://insidetexas.com/news/story.php?article=1101)

44INAROW
09-14-2010, 09:57 AM
My bad - I thought this was a thread about donuts.. carryon...

DaHop72
09-14-2010, 10:00 AM
So, if this is the case what are the odds that he spurns UT and moves on to bigger and better things?:thinking: :thinking:

wimbo_pro
09-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Hey kettle, you've said it in previous post, guess you're not smart enough to remember what you've posted before, but that doesn't surprise me since you've changed some many stories. Besides, the only fans you want are minor boys.

YIKES!!!??? I mean...seriously? Please dont say stuff like that...its not even a joking matter.

ccmom
09-14-2010, 10:04 AM
YIKES!!!??? I mean...seriously? Please dont say stuff like that...its not even a joking matter.

I agree...100%.

Sweetwater Red
09-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
So, if this is the case what are the odds that he spurns UT and moves on to bigger and better things?:thinking: :thinking:

Like the University of Michigan???:thinking: :D

Rocket
09-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by ctown
Who is Shipley. Never heard of him.

Who are you?

DaHop72
09-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Like the University of Michigan???:thinking: :D :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: No, I've heard he also is a smart young man. :devil: :devil:

BwdLion73
09-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
OMG!! You guys take it up in PM's, I am getting sick of this!!!!

:ditto:

Black_Magic
09-14-2010, 10:21 AM
I will be watching him when Snyder and Brownwood play.

I have decided to make the trek to Snyder that night!:) better get the tickets now.

Old Dog
09-14-2010, 10:37 AM
For those that might have forgetten, Jordan also made 1st team all-state on defense his junior year. Jaxon my do that also.....hope so!!!!!

Rocket
09-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Old Dog
For those that might have forgetten, Jordan also made 1st team all-state on defense his junior year. Jaxon my do that also.....hope so!!!!!

Remember that Jaxon didn't play the first 4 games of the 2009 Season. He only played 9 games in 2009.

Rocket
09-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by spirate_9
Here are the results from Shipley's sophomore - senior years (2001-03) at Burnet. I could not find his freshman results from Raton. Looks like they blew out a lot of people so he probably only played 2-3 quarters in a lot of those games. He also played defense, kicked, and returned punts and kicks.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/spirate_9/Burnet-1.jpg

Jaxon was hurt the first 4 games of the 2009 Season and didn't have Brown throwing to him all season.

Jordan had McGee every game...as far as I know...may be wrong, but that would be the first time. LOL jk

fresh-j
09-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by fresh-j
...Drumroll please.....NO ONE... Not even Jaxon :D ... Is close to Jordan, Jordan averaged OVER 1000 YARDS PER SEASON IN HIGH SCHOOL. Jaxon, or hardly ANY 3A recievers have had back to back 1000 yard season, now imagine FOUR IN A ROW... Now right now Jaxon (I know he has been hurt before, so with the time played it's still amazing) has about 26 recieving touchdowns....Jordan had 73 by the time he was done, BUT what Jaxon CAN do that Jordan wasn't able to was get the championship game won... Time will tell.....

:D

Ranger Mom
09-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
better get the tickets now.

Already talked to my man "DaHop"

Sville
09-14-2010, 11:54 AM
I guess I started following HS football fervently in Jr. High about 1987. Here are the 3 most dominating players (in high school) I have seen at the 3 high profile offensive positions in that time.

QB- Matt Stafford
RB- Adrian Peterson
WR- Jaxon Shipley

I am a believer.

JJWalker
09-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Sorry to burst Rocket's bubble ... :eek:

But it was just reported that the following kid will be the best ever.

http://www.savvydaddy.com/files/images/iStock_000004067187XSmall.jpg

So this discussion is now ... obsolete. :D

SintonPirateFan
09-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
My bad - I thought this was a thread about donuts.. carryon...

i like their kolaches.

DaHop72
09-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Already talked to my man "DaHop" :blush: :blush: :evillol: :evillol:

Black_Magic
09-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Already talked to my man "DaHop" You dont really think he has any real power do ya? he will have you sitting on top of the bathroom on lawn chairs looking at the game from the north end with the constant stench of Urine in the air.

Rocket
09-14-2010, 02:00 PM
You dont really think he has any real power do ya? he will have you sitting on top of the bathroom on lawn chairs looking at the game from the north end with the constant stench of Urine in the air.

Sounds like a place you will want to be when it's halftime and the score is Brownwood 42 Snyder 7.

95mustang
09-14-2010, 02:06 PM
You dont really think he has any real power do ya? he will have you sitting on top of the bathroom on lawn chairs looking at the game from the north end with the constant stench of Urine in the air.

That stench doesn't just stop at the bathroom. :devil:

DaHop72
09-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
That stench doesn't just stop at the bathroom. :devil: Get back under your rock, nobody pulled your chain. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Ranger Mom
09-14-2010, 02:12 PM

Okay big man.....can you get me and my husband a sideline or pressbox pass??

Thanks!!!

95mustang
09-14-2010, 02:16 PM
Get back under your rock, nobody pulled your chain. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :D

goodgame
09-14-2010, 02:20 PM
He's great...but don't think he's the only reason this team is good. I can count on 2 Fingers the games that they have lost since the 5th grade and one of those was against the now Abilene High senior group in Jr. High. Now this is when they are all healthy and not split up between freshman squad and varsity. This group has been special since they first walked on to the field at 9-10yrs old. Without Ship, they still win it all...with Ship, they win it all with style. It will take way more than shutting Ship down to beat Brownwood. Chastain, Ratliff, D. Ellis, Johnson, McShan, Brown, Langoria...pick ur poison. Oh, yeah the Goon Squad is tough to score on. If you don't score 30 on Brownwood...you probably won't win.

Rocket
09-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by goodgame
He's great...but don't think he's the only reason this team is good. I can count on 2 Fingers the games that they have lost since the 5th grade and one of those was against the now Abilene High senior group in Jr. High. Now this is when they are all healthy and not split up between freshman squad and varsity. This group has been special since they first walked on to the field at 9-10yrs old. Without Ship, they still win it all...with Ship, they win it all with style. It will take way more than shutting Ship down to beat Brownwood. Chastain, Ratliff, D. Ellis, Johnson, McShan, Brown, Langoria...pick ur poison. Oh, yeah the Goon Squad is tough to score on. If you don't score 30 on Brownwood...you probably won't win.

Agreed...
I want to see a team keep us under 30...that will be a sweet defense...I am not saying Shipley is the only one, just getting people to talk...

I would rather people think Shipley was the only reason, like Sville did. Sville's mindset was that they would blow us up on the line and move the ball on the ground at will. We had 21 at half with Shipley held to no receptions...oh but the second half...

wimbo_pro
09-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Every team has a weakness somewhere...if not a weakness, then a "part" of their game that is not as strong as the rest. What is that part with Brownwood <bows head>?

LE Dad
09-14-2010, 03:09 PM
May.... Could.... If....next year.....:rolleyes:

What are words that are associated with Brownwood Alex?:D

goodgame
09-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Words associated with Brownwood?

47 pts per game for

14 pts against per game

all with starters only in for 8 out of 12 quarters of play this yr.

starters have only given up 3 TDs this yr.

RoyceTTU
09-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
May.... Could.... If....next year.....:rolleyes:

What are words that are associated with Brownwood Alex?:D

You "May" step on the field with brownwood and we "could" give you a chance "if" we had any respect for you. I guess for you it will be oh well there is always "next year".

Go Brownwood!!!

LE Dad
09-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
You "May" step on the field with brownwood and we "could" give you a chance "if" we had any respect for you. I guess for you it will be oh well there is always "next year".

Go Brownwood!!! "you" am too old..."we" I am assuming is you and ummmm.... I am not sure... Give, nah LE will just take...and next year we may do it all over again.:D :D

goodgame
09-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Do realize that when our starters are in...and that has only been 8 out of 12 quarters that they are averaging about 17 pts per quarter...so to beat Brownwood, you have to score a lot and often...again good luck scoring a touchdown per quarter against our Goon Squad...even then it wouldn't be enough

Rocket
09-14-2010, 05:37 PM
"you" am too old..."we" I am assuming is you and ummmm.... I am not sure... Give, nah LE will just take...and next year we may do it all over again.:D :D

LOL you are way in over your head now...

LE Dad
09-14-2010, 05:44 PM
LOL you are way in over your head now... I.....AM.......NEVER.....EVER.....OVER.....MY....H EAD.

Just cause you need smack talking floaties don't go thinking that LE Dad does!! :thinking:

Tin Cup
09-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Brownwood's biggest weakness...

We score too fast so our D only gets a 30 second rest? :thinking:

OldBison75
09-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Back to the question at hand.

Shipley is one of the most accomplished and gifted receivers and athletes to come along in a while. While he has the tools to be among the best, I would not say he is the best ever. He has alot to still prove to be there.

Against the competition he is exposed to most every week, he appears to be at the top. But, he has not faced the type competition and athletic ability he will see at the next level. Against a defensive team with four top defensive backs and active linebackers, he may not be nearly as impressive. However, I think he will develope the skill sets and size to reach outstanding production against these type players also.

Shipley is certainly in the top three in the nation in my mind at the high school level this year. I fully expect he will be at Texas next year catching passes from another McCoy brother. Give him a year or two of college and he will become the cream of the crop in College Football too, if he can avoid injuries and gain some strength and muscle to control the defensive personnel he will line up against.

Best ever -- NOT YET. Potiential to be the best ever -- the hands, speed, and pure athletic ability are there, but the strength to take control against the best is yet to be fully developed.

Rocket
09-14-2010, 07:35 PM
I.....AM.......NEVER.....EVER.....OVER.....MY....H EAD.

Just cause you need smack talking floaties don't go thinking that LE Dad does!! :thinking:

Oh no, he is referring to himself in the third person?:rolleyes:

You have been in over your head since Day 1.

Rocket
09-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Back to the question at hand.

Shipley is one of the most accomplished and gifted receivers and athletes to come along in a while. While he has the tools to be among the best, I would not say he is the best ever. He has alot to still prove to be there.

Against the competition he is exposed to most every week, he appears to be at the top. But, he has not faced the type competition and athletic ability he will see at the next level. Against a defensive team with four top defensive backs and active linebackers, he may not be nearly as impressive. However, I think he will develope the skill sets and size to reach outstanding production against these type players also.

Shipley is certainly in the top three in the nation in my mind at the high school level this year. I fully expect he will be at Texas next year catching passes from another McCoy brother. Give him a year or two of college and he will become the cream of the crop in College Football too, if he can avoid injuries and gain some strength and muscle to control the defensive personnel he will line up against.

Best ever -- NOT YET. Potiential to be the best ever -- the hands, speed, and pure athletic ability are there, but the strength to take control against the best is yet to be fully developed.

Are you arguing with Cletus? He has been watching 40 years of the best this state has ever had! How dare you!

Rocket
09-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Every team has a weakness somewhere...if not a weakness, then a "part" of their game that is not as strong as the rest. What is that part with Brownwood <bows head>?

Go listen to the sideline to sideline show...they will tell you our weakness...:D

You won't believe us homers...

LE Dad
09-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Go listen to the sideline to sideline show...they will tell you our weakness...:D

You won't believe us homers... Oh no he is responding as if he is part of the team.:doh:

Back into the wading pool Rockee!!:rolleyes:

Rocket
09-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Oh no he is responding as if he is part of the team.:doh:

Back into the wading pool Rockee!!:rolleyes:

WE ARE BROWNWOOD!

Once a Lion, always a Lion...

LE Dad
09-14-2010, 08:03 PM
WE ARE BROWNWOOD!

Once a Lion, always a Lion... Hahahaha..... Thats just too funny!!! :spitlol:

DaHop72
09-16-2010, 08:58 AM
Okay big man.....can you get me and my husband a sideline or pressbox pass??

Thanks!!! Black Magic, when you get RM her sideline or press box passes let me know and I will meet her at the gate and give them to her that night. :devil: :devil:

Ranger Mom
09-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Black Magic, when you get RM her sideline or press box passes let me know and I will meet her at the gate and give them to her that night. :devil: :devil:

LOL!! I am still waiting to hear back from him.

In the meantime, your plan sounds the best.....and more reliable!!!

Old Tiger
09-16-2010, 11:42 AM
WE ARE BROWNWOOD!

Once a Lion, always a Lion... Kenny Vacarro says wassup.

Looking4number8
09-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Kenny Vacarro says wassup.

Ask him where he is from, see if he say's Brownwood or Early...

Old Tiger
09-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Ask him where he is from, see if he say's Brownwood or Early... Sure he's going to say Brownwood. But once a lion....always a lion? No sir.

Looking4number8
09-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Sure he's going to say Brownwood. But once a lion....always a lion? No sir.

Why not?

Old Tiger
09-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Why not? Because once he was a Lion but his diploma says Early so technically he'll always be a Longhorn(x2)