PDA

View Full Version : Marlin's Uphill Schedule

Pudlugger
09-14-2003, 10:18 AM
Marlin is 0-2 now and still faces Ennis and Burnet. What are the odds they go into district 1-4? Wow, everyone had big expectations for Marlin this year. But don't turn your back on these guys, remember how they upset Ennis and almost beat Burnet last year. This will be interesting to watch. Look for an upset here.

theyoefnshow
09-14-2003, 10:39 AM
Both Cameron and Marlin will enter District possibly 1-4 or 2-3. The thing is, look at the caliber teams that each are playing. They are getting playoff style testing that will no doubt pay off in District. I woiuldn't bet against either of those two teams as they are merely preparing for what is yet to come. Both will come together as a cohesive unit and when they do, it'll be smooth sailing from there and then they'll meet in week 10 to decide the district championship.

LiquidAlloyedSteel
09-14-2003, 11:36 AM
They will continue to improve. I know for a fact that both programs are preparing for the district race. Cameron is working on getting better each week. The offense is really coming on strong. Marlin is improving and only losing to great teams by narrow margins. Both programs will be playing in week 10 for the championship or the play-offs.

Keith7
09-14-2003, 12:11 PM
Marlin is overrated

Gobbla2001
09-14-2003, 12:15 PM
No, Marlin's accually 'playing' somebody...

theyoefnshow
09-14-2003, 12:30 PM
over rated? What kind of crack are you on?

Keith7
09-14-2003, 12:38 PM
theyoefnshow:
over rated? What kind of crack are you on?Marlin was picked to win the past 2 weeks by 14.. they lost both games.. there fore making them over rated

Gobbla2001
09-14-2003, 12:44 PM
Maybe they were 'overdogged' in the games, but overall I believe they're a very dangerous team...

It's too early in the season and their competition is too tough for the 'overrated' stuff to start poppin' up toword Marlin...

Anyone who is not Gainsville is overrated...

Oh, and what kinda crack is he on, theyoefnshow? He's not on crack, his nose is 'up' Gainsville's crack...

theyoefnshow
09-14-2003, 12:53 PM
Gobbla: My bad :)

Other guy, I see your point but...but you have to consider they were out w/out Tank Smith who is a high school superstar. If they struggle w/ Mart, then we can say over rated but even if they are beaten by Ennis and Burnet....I mean, that's # 1 in 3A and 4A respectively. Wouldn't that be almost.....expected?

CHS_CG
09-14-2003, 01:09 PM
oYe, I see what you are sayin about the team being without Tank, and they probably (from what i have heard) wont have him AT ALL this season, But Tank Isnt the WHOLE TEAM. I know hes a big part of the team and it is probably very tough to play with out him when they are soo use to him being on the field, but they have you make up for him being gone. Just bc Tank is gone that means some other peole will need to step up and try to take his place and help there team!

Chris Hart
09-14-2003, 02:04 PM
First off, Marlin is NOT overrated! They didn't have a HUGE part of their team against Midway in Tank Smith, the kid is a stud and sorely missed by Marlin. In the first game, they lost 17-14 to Waco University, and were in the lead until very late in the game, and Tank sat out the second half in that game also. Last week, the same University team lost 10-9 to the #2 5A team Waco High. University missed a PAT and also missed a 27 yd. chip shot as the clock expired. I would say Marlin has the TOUGHEST schedule in all of 3A, and when everyone gets healthy, Marlin will be a FORCE. They are a VERY capable team without the TANK, just imagine what they will be like when everyone gets healthy and on the same page. I agree with Pudlugger, there is a GREAT chance for Marlin to pull an upset over Burnet or Ennis.

<small>[ September 14, 2003, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

Lombardi
09-14-2003, 02:46 PM
They also are without the player that committed to TCU (#4).

theyoefnshow
09-14-2003, 06:39 PM
Hey I didn't say he made the team as it is quite apparent that they are a very formidable squad. But as posted earlier, he is a very important cog in their operation. Still very capable but there are kinks w/out him there. What happened to #4?

GoForIt
09-14-2003, 06:46 PM
theyoefnshow:
Both Cameron and Marlin will enter District possibly 1-4 or 2-3. The thing is, look at the caliber teams that each are playing. They are getting playoff style testing that will no doubt pay off in District. I woiuldn't bet against either of those two teams as they are merely preparing for what is yet to come. Both will come together as a cohesive unit and when they do, it'll be smooth sailing from there and then they'll meet in week 10 to decide the district championship.Thanks for giving Caldwell something to hang in its locker room for motivation.

GoForIt
09-14-2003, 06:49 PM
I don't know about other folks in 18-3A, but I'd like to hear a little more about the Bellville-Marlin game from last year.

theyoefnshow
09-14-2003, 07:00 PM
Great game. Several Overtimes. Bellville won. The end.

Old Tiger
09-14-2003, 08:34 PM
Poor coaching desicions on both sides of that ball game.

GoForIt
09-14-2003, 09:56 PM
theyoefnshow:
Great game. Several Overtimes. Bellville won. The end.I have this gut feeling that the YoeShow person is a real jerk.

marlin fan
09-14-2003, 10:09 PM
GoForIt:

theyoefnshow:
Great game. Several Overtimes. Bellville won. The end.I have this gut feeling that the YoeShow person is a real jerk.It's the truth great game 3OTs Bellville won and besides you wanted to know more about that game and you got it!!!!!

<small>[ September 14, 2003, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: marlin fan ]</small>

theyoefnshow
09-15-2003, 07:35 AM
haha

cunbed10
09-15-2003, 07:48 AM
Keith7:
Marlin is overratedYeah! Exactly, hope your team lives up to everyone expectation, I'm glad to see that our team's slow start overrates, but I still say to you, we are down but not out, I really wish you could witness these games.

<small>[ September 15, 2003, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: cunbed10 ]</small>

cntryguy35
09-15-2003, 08:10 AM
Marlin just hasn't jelled yet. No doubt Tank is a big loss and then you put D'nerian Wrighter on the bench with bum ankle and you have lost another powerful weapon. Add those to atheltes with 7 turnovers and they still only lose by 1 point. Guys if they ever get it all together they will be as good as they were expceted to be. Their soph. quarterback has really impressed me. He makes strides every week this week he was 10-14 for 250 yards and he is every bit as quick as Wrighter was in the back field. He still makes a few soph. mistakes but i am here to tell you he is the real deal. The dogs will be all right and will be in the thick of it when it is all said and done.