PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Point vs Nolan Catholic

GoVikes
09-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Pretty interested in this game after seeing what Liberty Christian was able to do to Pilot Point. How has PP improved in the last two weeks. Looked like they gave Celina all they wanted for three quarters. Any thoughts on this game?

Nolan is 3-0 on the year with wins over Athens, Joshua and Trinity Valley.

orange machine
09-14-2010, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by GoVikes
Pretty interested in this game after seeing what Liberty Christian was able to do to Pilot Point. How has PP improved in the last two weeks. Looked like they gave Celina all they wanted for three quarters. Any thoughts on this game?

Nolan is 3-0 on the year with wins over Athens, Joshua and Trinity Valley.

Pilot Point would be a very good team if they had the defense. Against Celina they couldnt stop anything. The Point offense is for real they are pretty solid.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Pilot Point hits Nolan in the mouth

PP by 14

GoVikes
09-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Pilot Point hits Nolan in the mouth

PP by 14

Well I hope you're wrong. Not about the hit in the mouth, Nolan likes a physical game, but about the 14 point PP win. Nolan and Liberty are usually pretty close with Nolan having been better the past 3-4 years. And Liberty got all over PP so at least that bodes well for the Vikes.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Well I hope you're wrong. Not about the hit in the mouth, Nolan likes a physical game, but about the 14 point PP win. Nolan and Liberty are usually pretty close with Nolan having been better the past 3-4 years. And Liberty got all over PP so at least that bodes well for the Vikes.

Power Eye vs. The Texas Tech shoot

Looks like a good matchup, although I dont see PP giving up 4 turnovers and 27 points off them in the first half as they did against Liberty to find themselves gotten all over and in a hole 30-14 halftime. PP's offense will have a field day Friday IMO...If the defense can step up as anticipated I like my prediction.:)

gatordaze
09-14-2010, 09:57 AM

Celina scrimmaged Nolan and Played PP. PP will be better in the first half until their lack of depth wears them out.

Nolan should play ball control, keep the PP D on the field as long as possible and not let them get very far ahead.

PP QB is a stud that can hurt you both ways. Control him and Nolan can win. Any word on whether the two PP players injured will be returning to action?

PPSTATEBOUND
09-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Nolan has a 6 point win and a 7 point win with notabale opponents....PP will be by far the best team they have seen.

BILLYFRED0000
09-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Power Eye vs. The Texas Tech shoot

Looks like a good matchup, although I dont see PP giving up 4 turnovers and 27 points off them in the first half as they did against Liberty to find themselves gotten all over and in a hole 30-14 halftime. PP's offense will have a field day Friday IMO...If the defense can step up as anticipated I like my prediction.:)

I have to agree here. If PP does not turnover they play good offense and their defense contrary to rumor is not that bad. They are a little inconsistent but are good enough to get some stops and definetly like to play tough. Just a little undermanned is the main issue. Nolan is big and physical but not as disciplined. I think this will be a good game but PP wins. I do not see Nolan stopping their O and PP's d matches up well enough to get the stops.

ctown
09-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Nolan has a 6 point win and a 7 point win with notabale opponents....PP will be by far the best team they have seen.

Nolan scrimmaged Celina. That means Celina is the best team they have/will see even after Friday :D

PPSTATEBOUND
09-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by ctown
Nolan scrimmaged Celina. That means Celina is the best team they have/will see even after Friday :D

Toot Toot...any insight or just blowing your horn again?

GoVikes
09-14-2010, 11:17 AM
I understand PP turned it over against Liberty. But a questioner for the Pilot Pointers that were at the game. I got a firsthand account that the score got all the way to 43-14. That Liberty pulled most of their OL and two stud RBs at that point. Then when PP cut the lead down (43-35??) Liberty put it's offensive starters back in and scored in 5 or 6 plays. Made it sound like Liberty was scoring at will with their first team O.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-14-2010, 11:28 AM
I understand PP turned it over against Liberty. But a questioner for the Pilot Pointers that were at the game. I got a firsthand account that the score got all the way to 43-14. That Liberty pulled most of their OL and two stud RBs at that point. Then when PP cut the lead down (43-35??) Liberty put it's offensive starters back in and scored in 5 or 6 plays. Made it sound like Liberty was scoring at will with their first team O.

First hand account sounds pretty accurate......But IMO Comparing week 0 Pilot Point with week 3 Pilot Point will get you in trouble. Like I said PP hits Nolan in the mouth and hard.

BILLYFRED0000
09-14-2010, 11:44 AM

IT might be true for that game but their D against Celina had some good things going. Celina was just much better at throwing the ball then PP expected. 263 yards passing and 253 yards rushing.
Their D has gotten tougher as the season goes on. I think Blake will be ready for a more one sided attack.

GoVikes
09-14-2010, 11:45 AM
First hand account sounds pretty accurate......But IMO Comparing week 0 Pilot Point with week 3 Pilot Point will get you in trouble. Like I said PP hits Nolan in the mouth and hard.

I definitely would say it can't be the same team. PP played Celina better than Liberty and that pretty much sums it up. Nolan struggled last week too against a team we wouldn't have a year ago. This will be a good pre district gauge for the Vikes.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-14-2010, 11:50 AM
I definitely would say it can't be the same team. PP played Celina better than Liberty and that pretty much sums it up. Nolan struggled last week too against a team we wouldn't have a year ago. This will be a good pre district gauge for the Vikes.

For both teams....here's to a hard faught and injury free game, may the best team win.:)