PDA

View Full Version : Is Region 1 the REAL Weak Region?

sinfan75
09-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Lookin at all the teams records and I discovered that R1 has the least amount of teams with just one loss or less. Only six that are unbeaten. Region 2 leads all regions with 12 unbeatens, Region 4 10 and region 3 9 unbeatens. Makes ya wanna go Hmmm!:D

Daddy D 11
09-13-2010, 08:02 PM
region 4 has 1 good team... not even a great team, just one good team: Wimberley

M-town lobo fan
09-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Lookin at all the teams records and I discovered that R1 has the least amount of teams with just one loss or less. Only six that are unbeaten. Region 2 leads all regions with 12 unbeatens, Region 4 10 and region 3 9 unbeatens. Makes ya wanna go Hmmm!:D

Thats means Region I has more competion

sinfan75
09-13-2010, 08:23 PM
LOL!! If you say so! Other than Bridgeport and Brownwood I don't see any teams that really stand out.

loboes86
09-13-2010, 08:25 PM
I guess it doesnt make any difference what it says right now, still have districts to play and the top 3 out of those makin playoffs and theirs still time for region 2 to have some losses.LOL Call region 1 weak if ya want.:D

sinton66
09-13-2010, 08:29 PM
LOL!! If you say so! Other than Bridgeport and Brownwood I don't see any teams that really stand out. :stirpot: :D

M-town lobo fan
09-13-2010, 08:30 PM
LOL!! If you say so! Other than Bridgeport and Brownwood I don't see any teams that really stand out.

Region 4 is like El Paso District..1 team can standout and the rest are horrible..That team can make the rest off the Region look good

sinfan75
09-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Oh I'm sorry!! I left Monahans out.:D :D :D

rojosgirl
09-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
region 4 has 1 good team... not even a great team, just one good team: Wimberley

ROFL

:tisk:

Lucky2Coach
09-14-2010, 08:31 AM

You know not of what you speak! There is a really good Reg. 4 team lurking. They have begun to serve notice, and are starting to get their recognition. Just a few more weeks, and everyone will know just who I'm talking about!

Daddy D 11
09-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
You know not of what you speak! There is a really good Reg. 4 team lurking. They have begun to serve notice, and are starting to get their recognition. Just a few more weeks, and everyone will know just who I'm talking about!

If we have to wait to even know who they are...then they aren't great.

Just read up and down the top 25 for the region...there's barely a handful of teams that have done ANYTHING in recent memory...and even my team is in that region!

LE Dad
09-14-2010, 09:03 AM
:D

Lucky2Coach
09-14-2010, 09:06 AM
If we have to wait to even know who they are...then they aren't great.

Just read up and down the top 25 for the region...there's barely a handful of teams that have done ANYTHING in recent memory...and even my team is in that region!

I'll tell you right now they're great, but I would rather the teams actions on the field speak for themselves. Be patient, the storm is brewing.

Reg. 4 may not have a bunch of great teams, so I don't need to look at the top 25. This team will be well respected throughout the state after a few more weeks!

Matthew328
09-14-2010, 10:30 AM

Kennedale and Alvarado are teams to watch...both teams have just one loss and both are to decent 4A squads....

Red&White_9x5
09-14-2010, 10:50 AM
The argument (as I read it) is which of the four regions is the weakest. I say that Region 4 is by far the weakest football region. I know there are a couple of decent teams down there such as Wimberley and Cuero, but other than that who will honestly contend. Region1 has 4 or 5 teams that would probably walk through Region 4. IMO, Regions 2 and 3 are the toughest followed bt Region 1 and then Region 4 brings up the tail end

Old Cardinal
09-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Looking at the whole scheme of things over the years; I would say that Regions II & III have the most-- good teams each year.
Region I & IV seen to have a few outstanding teams each year, but Region IV is usually a little bit stronger that Region I overall.

Matthew328
09-14-2010, 11:54 AM
In football Region IV is no where near as deep as Region I most years......however the top ten teams in both regions are fairly equal...where the drop is significant is in the middle of the pack teams..

LV_Bearfan
09-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Sam Houston Hurricanes are the storm that's brewing, and I agree. Might be the best team in R IV.

NastySlot
09-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by LV_Bearfan
Sam Houston Hurricanes are the storm that's brewing, and I agree. Might be the best team in R IV.

maybe....but we won't know until district play....played a weak brack and a new school with no seniors. Not trying to bash the canes(cherokees)...i pull for that little school when every i can. That school and community needs the success of it's sports teams.

Lucky2Coach
09-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by LV_Bearfan

I wish that team the best, but that's not who I am talking about.