PDA

View Full Version : Tell Us About....(Teams)

Bullaholic
09-13-2010, 12:03 PM
9-3A
Gainesville
Sanger

16-3A
Henderson
Pittsburg

17-3A
Tyler Chapel Hill

20-3A
Mexia

23-3A
Bryan Rudder
Cameron Yoe

24-3A
Sealy

30-3A
Sinton

Bullaholic
09-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Well, everybody don't post at once.....:D

Pick6
09-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
9-3A
Gainesville
Sanger

Sanger has a very good Jr QB.

crzyjournalist03
09-13-2010, 12:31 PM
some of them are overrated, some of them are underrated, but most of them aren't rated properly.

9-3A
Gainesville: Keith7 went there, so obviously they're overrated.
Sanger: My wife grew up in Sanger and although she had a couple of good memories, she says it pretty much sucked. So, overrated.

16-3A:
Henderson: There was a pretty good movie in the late 80s called Harry and the Hendersons. Underrated.
Pittsburg: If they had an h, they'd be overrated, but since they don't, I'll say they're probably properly rated.

17-3A:
Tyler Chapel Hill: There are Chapel Hills all over the state, definitely not exclusive to Tyler. Overrated.

20-3A:
Mexia: Kind of confusing because it's pronounced Mahaya, and Forney played them some last decade and always seemed to blow them out. Overrated.

23-3A:
Bryan Rudder: Ever tried to move a boat without a rudder? Underrated.
Cameron Yoe: Don't know enough to comment.

30-3A:
Sinton: They have this thing that's called a tortilla burger. Never had one, but I love the concept of meshing American and Mexican cuisines. Underrated.

Bullaholic
09-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
some of them are overrated, some of them are underrated, but most of them aren't rated properly.

9-3A
Gainesville: Keith7 went there, so obviously they're overrated.
Sanger: My wife grew up in Sanger and although she had a couple of good memories, she says it pretty much sucked. So, overrated.

16-3A:
Henderson: There was a pretty good movie in the late 80s called Harry and the Hendersons. Underrated.
Pittsburg: If they had an h, they'd be overrated, but since they don't, I'll say they're probably properly rated.

17-3A:
Tyler Chapel Hill: There are Chapel Hills all over the state, definitely not exclusive to Tyler. Overrated.

20-3A:
Mexia: Kind of confusing because it's pronounced Mahaya, and Forney played them some last decade and always seemed to blow them out. Overrated.

23-3A:
Bryan Rudder: Ever tried to move a boat without a rudder? Underrated.
Cameron Yoe: Don't know enough to comment.

30-3A:
Sinton: They have this thing that's called a tortilla burger. Never had one, but I love the concept of meshing American and Mexican cuisines. Underrated.

LOL, crzy...Gotta love a man who goes bear hunting with a switch, but at least I bet you get some replies---probably some you could do without---but replies none the less. And as long as nobody mentions the "B-word", maybe we'll get a little insight into some of these teams.

gtownfan
09-13-2010, 12:36 PM
9-3A
Gainesville
Sanger

16-3A
Henderson
Pittsburg

17-3A
Tyler Chapel Hill

20-3A
Mexia

23-3A
Bryan Rudder
Cameron Yoe

24-3A
Sealy

30-3A
Sinton

Hate to say it, but Cameron Yoe is a 2A team and not in 23-3A (thank God!).

Bullaholic
09-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by gtownfan

Yes sir---I should know that---sorry & thanks.

BaseballUmp
09-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by gtownfan
Haha yea 12-2A D1

We are very good this year. Very solid D, and an offense that can light up the scoreboard with the pass and very quickly I might add. Got Navasota this week for our last 3A pre-district game then we head into a relatively easy district with Troy Florence Marlin McGregor Hearne and Academy. I think the only real test may be against McGregor but with the way we have been playing and how we looked against rockdale the other night, I dont think we should have any trouble throughout district or the playoffs until we possibly meet Tatum in about round 3 or 4

BaseballUmp
09-13-2010, 01:35 PM
And Rudder is now 4A I believe

LE Dad
09-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Rudder is 4A now.

jason
09-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
20-3A:

i think mexia beat forney the year that they (forney) made it to the state championship game...

forney had some starters out the first three or four games, including rb dabryan blanton, and they were something like 6-4 or 7-3 when the playoffs started but then made their run to the title game...

pirate4state
09-13-2010, 01:45 PM
30-3A
Sinton

According to some we are worried about Mathis. You know it must be true if you read it on the downlow! :D

SintonFan_inAustin
09-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Haha yea 12-2A D1

We are very good this year. Very solid D, and an offense that can light up the scoreboard with the pass and very quickly I might add. Got Navasota this week for our last 3A pre-district game then we head into a relatively easy district with Troy Florence Marlin McGregor Hearne and Academy. I think the only real test may be against McGregor but with the way we have been playing and how we looked against rockdale the other night, I dont think we should have any trouble throughout district or the playoffs until we possibly meet Tatum in about round 3 or 4 Cameron Yoe in the same bracket with Refugio or Dangerfield if it gets that far for both teams?

Matthew328
09-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Gainesville: much improved and would be a playoff team in most districts...will fight it out with Aubrey and Sanger for the last two spots...

Sanger: outstanding offense, QB Dane Evans can sling it....big up front but I have questions about their defense....

Henderson: dropped from 4A and brought the house back....major sleeper...they are playing very well...typical East Texas team in that they have good speed...Coach Meeks has them rolling this year...

Pittsburg: thought they'd take a step back after making the semis last year....Manley is one of the more underrated QBs in the state...big, tough kid who can throw it....

Tyler Chapel Hill: kind of quiet before last week when they smacked Carthage around...saw em in 7 on 7 and I was impressed with their athletes on the defensive side of the ball....

Mexia: Two words Doug Gentry...monster running back but I dont think the Blackats have the depth to be a real factor....

LE Dad
09-13-2010, 01:52 PM

16-3A
Henderson
Pittsburg

17-3A
Tyler Chapel Hill

Henderson is pretty solid from what I am hearing. LE has 2 common opponentswith them in Mt Pleasant and will play them head to head in wk 4. They returned alot from last years team. They seem to be allowing alot of rushing yards, but are not allowing teams to score. Offense has put 40 on the board every week thus far.

Pitt returns their QB and top receiver from last years team. Almost everyone else is new including most coaches. They haven't played anyone, so I don't know how good they really are.

CHill is hit or miss most years. You just never know if tonight will be the night that they play to win. Always have the talent so don't take em for granted.

BaseballUmp
09-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Cameron Yoe in the same bracket with Refugio or Dangerfield if it gets that far for both teams?

Class AA Div. I Top 5 Week Two
1. Daingerfield beat Bruceville Eddy 50-0
2. Tatum beat Atlanta 43-6
3. Cameron Yoe beat Rockdale 35-13
4. Godley beat Gunter 48-13
5. Muleshoe beat Andrews 49-19

Class AA Division II Top 5
1. Refugio beat Robstown 36-6
2. Linden Kildare beat Queen City 46-0
3. Lexington beat Academy 33-0
4. Rogers beat Troy 28-17
5. Franklin beat Whitney 50-28