PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie vs Waco High

ccmom
09-13-2010, 09:40 AM
The Bulldogs (1-2) are coming off a disappointing performance and loss against Graham. They fought hard but made too many mistakes, and Graham was there to take full advantage of them.

The Lions (1-2) are also coming off a loss in a tight game against Killeen Ellison. I'd say both team will play like they have something to prove this week.

jason
09-13-2010, 09:43 AM
speed kills....waco high wins....

ccmom
09-13-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by jason
speed kills....waco high wins....

Jason, have you seen Waco play? I don't know much about them at all. Tell us what you know.

Matthew328
09-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Waco struggled last year learning the spread...they are doing much better this year...they are very very athletic but don't have much depth...

They beat Austin High to open the season and lost to Copperas Cove and Killeen Ellison.....

Sweetwater Red
09-13-2010, 09:50 AM
So when is the last time Wylie started out 1-3? :thinking:

jason
09-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Jason, have you seen Waco play? I don't know much about them at all. Tell us what you know.

like matt said - they are in the 2nd year of running a spread offense - they usually have pretty good athletes and pretty good speed all the way around...

ccmom
09-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
So when is the last time Wylie started out 1-3? :thinking:

I could be wrong, but I believe it was 1993, which is also the last year that Wylie did not make the playoffs. I have a feeling you probably already knew that answer, though! :foul: :tongue:

Matthew328
09-13-2010, 10:09 AM
I think Wylie will win this one...Waco is inconsistent and they struggle with teams like Wylie who dont try and out-athlete you but out-execute you

Sweetwater Red
09-13-2010, 10:10 AM
I could be wrong, but I believe it was 1993, which is also the last year that Wylie did not make the playoffs. I have a feeling you probably already knew that answer, though! :foul: :tongue:

Lol. To be honest I figured they never had before. But, they very well could
this season. :eek:

ccmom
09-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Lol. To be honest I figured they never had before. But, they very well could
this season. :eek:

Shouldn't you be worried about Guthrie, Hawley, Comanche or whoever it is y'all are playing? :p

Bosqueville
09-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Waco has very good athletes but the last few years they can't seem to put it all together. At times they look very undisciplined. At times they look like world beaters. They are a crap shoot that's for sure! I will say this, they are fast!

bwdlionfan
09-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Shouldn't you be worried about Guthrie, Hawley, Comanche or whoever it is y'all are playing? :p

It's Early!

Rocket
09-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I think Wylie will win this one...Waco is inconsistent and they struggle with teams like Wylie who dont try and out-athlete you but out-execute you

Waco is always fast and can play decent defense with their speed. We shall see...

Pendragon13
09-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I think Wylie will win this one...Waco is inconsistent and they struggle with teams like Wylie who dont try and out-athlete you but out-execute you I think that has been part of the problem this year...Wylie rarely has the biggest, strongest, fastest players on the field but they win by executing and limiting mistakes. This year hasn't really been that way so far...and the lack of depth on the bench (compared to years past) doesn't help either. Sandifer will eventually right the ship though...he always does.;)

Rocket
09-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
I think that has been part of the problem this year...Wylie rarely has the biggest, strongest, fastest players on the field but they win by executing and limiting mistakes. This year hasn't really been that way so far...and the lack of depth on the bench (compared to years past) doesn't help either. Sandifer will eventually right the ship though...he always does.;)

Let's hope so...:rolleyes:

I was cracking up at Sandifer after the game on Friday night getting interviewed by David Bacon.

He looked all fidgety, his hair was all jacked up, he looked like he wasn't quite sure what he was going to do...

Looking4number8
09-13-2010, 03:51 PM
ttt

Emerson1
09-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Waco by a lot

Rabid Cougar
09-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Fast fast and more fast. Pretty good size too. Will go with Waco on this one.

ccmom
09-13-2010, 10:31 PM
I read an article which reported that Waco's running back was taken from the field by ambulance last Friday night, but haven't been able to find any follow up info. Does anyone know the extent of his injury? I hate to hear of any player being seriously injured.

wyliefan
09-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Don't know anything about Waco, but I think it all depends on which Wylie team shows up. They have been very inconsistent, which can be expected from a young team.

If Wylie can find some consistency then Wylie wins a close. If they continue to turn the ball over and do not have both the offensive and defensive line problems corrected, if could be a very long night for the Bulldogs.

BEAST
09-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Back when we were 4A and in the same district as Waco, they were dominant. Athletes everywhere. They had runningbacks 4 deep. I havent watched them since, but I can tell you this, your boys better play their lanes perfectly. They will have a serious speed advantage.

BEAST

garciap77
09-16-2010, 06:39 AM
Wylie by 7!

bwdlionfan
09-16-2010, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Back when we were 4A and in the same district as Waco, they were dominant. Athletes everywhere. They had runningbacks 4 deep. I havent watched them since, but I can tell you this, your boys better play their lanes perfectly. They will have a serious speed advantage.

BEAST

I've seen them 3 times or so the last 2 seasons (had to scout them)... they weren't anywhere near the level they were when we were in district with them our last years of 4A. They were pretty bad last year. I saw them beat Ennis 38-25... but Ennis had like 5 or 6 turnovers that night and on top of that Ennis was pretty bad last year. Waco went 2-8... they struggled a lot in their new spread offense last season. I expect them to be better this year.

I won't be surprised with either team winning this game.

Trashman
09-16-2010, 07:19 AM
Here's to hoping Wylie comes home with a win.:D

Bosqueville
09-16-2010, 08:33 AM
I read an article which reported that Waco's running back was taken from the field by ambulance last Friday night, but haven't been able to find any follow up info. Does anyone know the extent of his injury? I hate to hear of any player being seriously injured.

There was an article in today's paper about this player. He suffered a concussion but is doing fine. He will not play in this Friday's game.

ccmom
09-16-2010, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
There was an article in today's paper about this player. He suffered a concussion but is doing fine. He will not play in this Friday's game.

Glad to know he is ok. Concussions can be very scary. Thanks for the info!

Sville
09-16-2010, 08:49 AM
I think Wylie eeks out a win. Waco is not a consistent football team. Back when Tusa was coaching them they were a smash mouth running team which fit their talent base perfect. The new coach came in last year and brought the spread with him. It has not worked and doubt it will.

ccmom
09-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Wow...some BIG boys on the Waco team :eek:

Go Dawgs!! :clap:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/sep/16/wylie-waco-look-to-get-back-to-winning-ways/

Phantom Stang
09-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Shouldn't you be worried about Guthrie, Hawley, Comanche or whoever it is y'all are playing? :p That reminds me, Wylie's record against Rotan is 2-13-1.:p

SHSBulldog00
09-17-2010, 12:53 PM
(6-foot-2, 340 pounds) (6-0, 340), Can they move? Or do they just stand up?

LE Dad
09-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Wylie wins!:D

ccmom
09-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
(6-foot-2, 340 pounds) (6-0, 340), Can they move? Or do they just stand up?

No kidding!! :eek: Yikes!

Go Dawgs! :clap: :clap:

garciap77
09-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
That reminds me, Wylie's record against Rotan is 2-13-1.:p

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: