PDA

View Full Version : Need antidote for depression and final thoughts on season

bohemian
12-23-2001, 10:48 AM
First of all, does anyone out there have an antidote for post high school football depression? I really could use one now!

Now my final thoughts on this past season in 3A football. It was a great year for the Everman Bulldogs and the Commerce Tigers. It was a great year for the Sinton Pirates and the LaGrange Leopards too. These four schools represented 3A as well as any school could. Being from Central Texas I really can't say much about the schools from other areas of the state, but I will try to mention a few. Forney, who I do know a little about had a good season and just came up a little short. Newton had a fine season and was a gifted team. Alanta seem like they were going to be playing late into December but got side tracked. Others from around the state that I can recall doing well were China Springs, Bridgeport, Cameron, Bridge City, Abilene Wylie, Aledo, Vernon, Perryton, Lamesa, Kennedale, Crane and Falfurrias. I know there are so many others that deserve recognition but I just can't mention them all.

For the teams closer to home like Sealy, Yoakum and Rice Consolidated you guys played great. Rice had an outstanding squad. For the teams that faced LaGrange throughout the playoffs like Llano, La Vernia, Mathis(La Vernia and Mathis two years in a row, that was great)and Wimberley great season guys. I would like to add that Wimberley was an excellent team. Meeks and Slaugther were fine athletes. For the Giddings Buffaloes you guys were great! I knew in week two Giddings was going to be a team that could take it all. Thanks for those two great games, I'll never forget them! And for the teams in district 25 3A(Columbus, Hallettsville, Hempstead, Smithville and Bellville)great season guys. A special congratulations to the Bellville Brahmas for unseating LG as district champs. I wish I could mention every one in this area but again that's not possible.

In closing, I would like to thank all the coaches, school officials, referees and supporters who give of their time so that high school football can take place. And I would especially like to thank all the players and parents who devote so much energy into the sport of high school football. You are truly the ones that make this game so special. Thanks again and I hope everyone out there has a safe and happy holidays.

eye of the tiger
12-23-2001, 12:02 PM
Bohemian I wish I could express my thoughts as well as you. I think the only cure for PHSFD is August 2002. My wife keeps saying to me "Charley whats wrong with you, we won state". All I can say is, "yeah, but its over". Anyhow well said in your post and I know you spoke for a bunch of us.
My congrats to all the teams, bands, cheerleaders, drill teams,fans, coachs and players who made 2001 a great year. And thanks to all the people on this board, Bearcat, Matthew, and Jacket for providing this forum for "us HS junkies". And to all the posters. It was great.

3Aroy
12-23-2001, 07:20 PM
It was a great season. There were many great teams this year, and I think they all need to be congratulated. A special congratulations goes out to Commerce and Everman.
I might not be with you 3A guys next year. It looks like Newton might be moving down. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/frown.gif I doubt 2A is anywhere close to as good as this!!!

Merry Christmas and happy New Year!!!

toby070
12-23-2001, 10:25 PM
I hear you Bohemian, it's amazing how many ways I've found to stay with the game....high school football is addictive. My wife still doesn't get why I get antsy when Texas Football hits the newstands! And I don't think I can ever give her an explaination that will make her understand.

Just remember the reason for the season, hope you get to enjoy some quality time with the family, and hope you still come in here occasionally!