PDA

View Full Version : El Campo @ Wharton Wharton County River Battle

bird_fan
09-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Who do you think wins and How close will it be??

R4Editor
09-12-2010, 09:12 PM
El Campo by at least 2 TD's

scrub c
09-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Wharton has proved they have a potent offense, now we shall see what kind of D they have.

Heck of a rivalry game @ wharton... will be closer than you think

Bosqueville
09-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Is this a bigger rivalry than El Campo and Bay City?

FbCoachB40
09-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
Wharton has proved they have a potent offense, now we shall see what kind of D they have.

Heck of a rivalry game @ wharton... will be closer than you think

So it will be closer than a 5 TD difference?

scrub c
09-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
Is this a bigger rivalry than El Campo and Bay City?

I think the WH/EC is a rivalry based on geographic location. Dont know if I would say friendly rivals, but county rivals that have been playing for MANY years...

The BC/EC would be considered a bitter rivalary, one where no love is lost between the two. It is one of the oldest rivalaries in the state. (dont know the exact # of years but it is a BUNCH)

Blackcat1954
09-13-2010, 12:06 PM
101st meeting i thing- El Campo had dominated as of late after wharton won back to back games about 8 years ago when MIke Rice was coaching Ricebirds.

Ricebirds but at least 3 touchdowns

game will be on
www.kulpradio.com

FbCoachB40
09-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
I think the WH/EC is a rivalry based on geographic location. Dont know if I would say friendly rivals, but county rivals that have been playing for MANY years...

The BC/EC would be considered a bitter rivalary, one where no love is lost between the two. It is one of the oldest rivalaries in the state. (dont know the exact # of years but it is a BUNCH)

Wharton & El Campo used to be the same bitter rivalry at EC/BC; however, that was when Wharton was 4A and they were in the same district.

Since Wharton dropped down to 3A the game is only big with the old timers in town

D4C
09-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Wharton/EC is a heated game still, i played in the 99th year of it and he couldnt wait to play against them, its a game we look forward to every year. Im goin for my Tigers beat those birds

Old Green
09-16-2010, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by D4C
Wharton/EC is a heated game still, i played in the 99th year of it and he couldnt wait to play against them, its a game we look forward to every year. Im goin for my Tigers beat those birds Who has the most wins in this rivalry?

teetle
09-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Gillis, he got something fors you and yous ain't going to like it. But, he going to make you like it. He like Jimmie. Elcampo wins big as theys wants.:D :eek: :eek: :D

bird_fan
09-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Who has the most wins in this rivalry?
The Ricebirds lead the series 66-22-4 according to all the validated games played. However there are some game no one has record of the score also some years they didnt play and some years they played twice other years

when i was in school ricebird fans called the tigers the river rats
and accordling wharton called El Campo as the mud hens these names were many time put on the run throught banners and spirit signs

'Necks 2013-14
09-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by bird_fan
The Ricebirds lead the series 66-22-4 according to all the validated games played. However there are some game no one has record of the score also some years they didnt play and some years they played twice other years

when i was in school ricebird fans called the tigers the river rats
and accordling wharton called El Campo as the mud hens these names were many time put on the run throught banners and spirit signs Man, that's like someone from Brazosport calling Brazoswood "Clute High"!!! Funny! Go Clute High!!!(sorry, couldn't resist);)

bird_fan
09-17-2010, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14
Man, that's like someone from Brazosport calling Brazoswood "Clute High"!!! Funny! Go Clute High!!!(sorry, couldn't resist);)
thats pretty funny... I did get to see the last actual game between Bport and Bwood both teams were undefeated at 9-0 it was for the 25-AAAA district championship (only one team made the playoffs then).
Wouldnt you guess it ended in a 14-14 tie Bport won the playoff bid in penetrations For those who dont know there was no overtime then when game ended in a tie penatration was when a team crossed the other team 20 yard line on offense Bport had 3 to Bwoods 2 if i remember right
Too bad they dont play anymore i bet there be some good games