PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 3 GotW: La Grange @ Sealy

R3Editor
09-12-2010, 07:02 PM
La Grange starts out the season 2-0 before falling to Columbia in Week 2 51-41. Sealy, 3-0 on the season, has scored 140 points while only giving up 12 through 3 games. Who you got?

TheDOCTORdre
09-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Brownwood:D...wait I'm not Rocket, I think La Grange pulls out a close one

zebrablue2
09-12-2010, 07:04 PM
sealy by 2 tds!!

BRfalconfan
09-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Sealy wins but it won't come easy and it won't only be 6 points they give up this week

WOS1
09-12-2010, 07:07 PM
I still think BC vs Kirbyville is a better game... I know I got out voted but...

Sweetwater Red
09-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Yawn. Sealy rolls.

Old Cardinal
09-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Bridge City vs Kirbyville is a better game.

hookandladder
09-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

Old Cardinal, Bridge City is coming to our baseball tournament in La Grange this year. Should be one hell of a tournament, lots of quailty teams.

pancho villa
09-13-2010, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Old Cardinal, Bridge City is coming to our baseball tournament in La Grange this year. Should be one hell of a tournament, lots of quailty teams.

WHO CARES!

garciap77
09-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Sealy!

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-13-2010, 05:00 PM
In Sealy, Sealy will win but wilkerson will do good

hookandladder
09-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
In Sealy, Sealy will win but wilkerson will do good

We will need our D to step up and play the way they played the first 2 games, and yes we will need our young QB to get the ball into Wilkerson's hands, WC had lots of speed so hopefully last weeks game will benefit us going up against a fast Sealy team.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-14-2010, 11:58 AM
We will need our D to step up and play the way they played the first 2 games, and yes we will need our young QB to get the ball into Wilkerson's hands, WC had lots of speed so hopefully last weeks game will benefit us going up against a fast Sealy team.

2 years ago the leps came to town and sealy was suppose to handle them easily.. Sealy got beat.. It's a rivalry game so either team has a fair chance of winning... I think sealy will pull it out based on the fact of the # of talented kids

bk12
09-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Sealy and La Grange would both beat BC or Kirbyville

trojandad
09-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by bk12
Sealy and La Grange would both beat BC or Kirbyville

if kirbyville is supposedly better than bc, then from what i've seen my guess would be that lagrange and sealy would both probably beat them, too.....

AKA CEASAR
09-15-2010, 12:48 PM
La Grange by at least 10 points. thier recieving core is on another level when compared to Sealy. Sealy will be lucky to keep this game close go Leopards.....the only way Sealy has a chance to win is if La Grange has a horrible night and they get a last second lucky catch....just saying..

sports mom
09-15-2010, 01:27 PM
The "BOYS OF FALL" are ready.

:cheerl: GO TIGERS!!!!:cheerl:

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by AKA CEASAR
La Grange by at least 10 points. thier recieving core is on another level when compared to Sealy. Sealy will be lucky to keep this game close go Leopards.....the only way Sealy has a chance to win is if La Grange has a horrible night and they get a last second lucky catch....just saying..

LMFAO...i hope you go to the game...

AKA CEASAR
09-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Hopefully I will sit next to you at the game so i can let you know that what i was saying was true....Wilkerson will have a break out game...

hookandladder
09-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Hopefully I will sit next to you at the game so i can let you know that what i was saying was true....Wilkerson will have a break out game...

I hope he does have a break out game, last week was not bad. 8 catches for 210 yards , 4 TD's.

AKA CEASAR
09-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Well no doubt the athelet had a good game numbers wise, but ya'll didn't play anybody. It will be a break out game when he does it to put Sealy on ice...

voicteofLeps
09-16-2010, 11:06 AM
well since sealy has only allowed 12 points in 3 games seems like a total lights out defense. but seriously take a look at the teams they have played so far. i'm sorry but the two houston teams you have played, didnt even know they still played football. i know the leps are ready to show everyone who we are and how were suppose to play and know how too. defense is ready to play this week, they dont even know.

Body
09-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Ceasar, u are outside ur mind. By the way, the kid has had several breakout games already. He broke out a long time ago. Keep up. Sealy will roll them by at least 17. Won't be a game. If Columbia put up 50, this one will get ugly.

AKA CEASAR
09-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Dont read all the press clippings....Sealy will give up more than 12 points tomorrow..Wilkerson will have a big...

Body
09-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Don't matter how many they will give up, they won't punt once. It will be worse than if BR played Giddings again.

AKA CEASAR
09-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Well obviously you are from Sealy, b/c that's the only way you could claim sealy's offense unstoppable....come on body that way over the top, which just lets me know Sealy isn't as good as their record says....can you say overrated.....this is Sealy's first real game....soo I assume you think Sealy will beat BR as well?????

Body
09-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Wrong. Sealy rolls La Grange, pulls out a close game against Wimberly.
Both Sealy and BR will be undefeated when they meet. BR by 6

hookandladder
09-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Body
Don't matter how many they will give up, they won't punt once. It will be worse than if BR played Giddings again.

You honestly think Sealy will not punt even once, our defense is better then we played last week. Guess we will see tomorrow night.

AKA CEASAR
09-16-2010, 12:35 PM
How will BR win if Sealy will never punt...just saying you sound like a Tiger fan to the bone...well never the less don't get too ahead of yourself...10 - 0 after two weeks...wow thats faith....

Body
09-16-2010, 12:40 PM
I hope ur defense is better than last week for ur sake. Nah, West Columbia's offense is pretty fast. I saw them scrimmage BR. Looked pretty good. Just don't see them staying with Sealy. I haven't seen La Grange this year though.

Body
09-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Hey Ceasar, U must be a moron. U ever heard of turnover's. Thought ur from Giddings, they sure as hell know about them.

957tiger
09-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Let's see if you beat a team by say more than 21 points, then your opponent is soft. If you win by 7 points then you must not be that good if thats all you can score. Where is the breakover for some people. Lets look at some stats. La Grange has 663 combined yards. 256 rushing and 407 passing. Sealy has 1,172 with 596 rushing and 576 passing in three games.

During the Columbia game the Leps gave up over three hundred yards rushing to 5 different backs, but held them to only 46 yards in the air. Meanwhile La Grange gets over 300 yards in the air and 114 on the ground yet lost the game by 10 points. Does that mean Columbia was a stronger team, or La Grange weaker for that matter. The final score is all that counts.

Sealy has beaten teams that they should have. And the scores and stats reflex the fact that Sealy's game plan was productive. But just like last year when every game Sealy played they were knocked for their opponent or the score and all the while they continued to win. This game will be a good game. Wilkerson will get his numbers because he is just that good. But in the end the Tigers will prevail because they have multiple weapons in their arsenal on both sides of the ball

AKA CEASAR
09-16-2010, 12:55 PM
So playing private schools and TAPPS doesn't have anything to do with the stats they put up?? Well from what the Sealy Tiger supporters are saying ya'll will walk straight to state....Well the hard part is over now guess now ya'll just have to do it.....And Body can you read I'm from Houston and have now idea how bad BR beat Giddings, so don't understand the reference...nice try i guess.....

957tiger
09-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Wow I guess the good folks over at St. Pius, who have been to the state playoffs many times are not that good. As a very successful coach once said the "privates and TAPPS "schools are able to recruit and provide the players with the very best of everything. Seems like the list is long and distingushed of former players now playing at the next level who came from the very schools you dismiss as not that good.

hookandladder
09-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
Let's see if you beat a team by say more than 21 points, then your opponent is soft. If you win by 7 points then you must not be that good if thats all you can score. Where is the breakover for some people. Lets look at some stats. La Grange has 663 combined yards. 256 rushing and 407 passing. Sealy has 1,172 with 596 rushing and 576 passing in three games.

During the Columbia game the Leps gave up over three hundred yards rushing to 5 different backs, but held them to only 46 yards in the air. Meanwhile La Grange gets over 300 yards in the air and 114 on the ground yet lost the game by 10 points. Does that mean Columbia was a stronger team, or La Grange weaker for that matter. The final score is all that counts.

Sealy has beaten teams that they should have. And the scores and stats reflex the fact that Sealy's game plan was productive. But just like last year when every game Sealy played they were knocked for their opponent or the score and all the while they continued to win. This game will be a good game. Wilkerson will get his numbers because he is just that good. But in the end the Tigers will prevail because they have multiple weapons in their arsenal on both sides of the ball

I think your stats are a little of for LG, from Austin American Statesmen the QB for LG has 780 yards passing, rushing pretty sure over 300 yards.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-16-2010, 02:16 PM
So playing private schools and TAPPS doesn't have anything to do with the stats they put up?? Well from what the Sealy Tiger supporters are saying ya'll will walk straight to state....Well the hard part is over now guess now ya'll just have to do it.....And Body can you read I'm from Houston and have now idea how bad BR beat Giddings, so don't understand the reference...nice try i guess.....

Im going to guess that you have not watched a tiger's game this year.. drive down i-10 friday night and watch the game.. not saying they will walk all over la grange.. i dont think they will, i personally think it will be a good game.. but you have no respect for sealy, your crazy...:rolleyes:

957tiger
09-16-2010, 02:30 PM
I think your stats are a little of for LG, from Austin American Statesmen the QB for LG has 780 yards passing, rushing pretty sure over 300 yards.

Sorry if I did. I got those from the Houston Chronicle. There is one thing I found about stats. They are gathered in person by a staff member, the media and by film afterwards. The coaches usually take the highest. I will check out the Statesman.

sinton66
09-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Are yall going to do a meet and greet?

Pudlugger
09-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Sorry, I've been out of pocket for a few days. Al this talk about how Sealy will roll La Grange really cracks me up. For the past two weeks I've read on this board how Wimberley will roll Sealy and vise versa. Now Sealy must get past the Leps before this great match of the undefeated takes place. Well duh. The Leps will not just roll over and let the Tigers move on up. In case you just fell off the turnip truck and landed in Sealy, this game is a perennial dog fight.

The Leps have a ways to go before they rise to the level of last year's squad but the talent is all there. If they can limit the turnovers, sharpen their special teams play and get back on track on defense it will be a long night for the Tigers. I think the coaches have fixed some problems and the younger players have gained needed experience. I like our chances and look for an upset Friday night. Leps by 14.

gameface
09-17-2010, 07:30 AM
Leps by 10. Yes, stats don't lie but both teams have the talent and the intensity to make big plays and find the endzone. If our defense plays well, look out Sealy boys ready to fall. Draw the post-game bath water o-line of sealy, our nose is ready for the tenderizing process. I'll bring extra salt for the 1996 open wound! Leps have gameface on.

sTxforlife
09-17-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by gameface
Leps by 10. Yes, stats don't lie but both teams have the talent and the intensity to make big plays and find the endzone. If our defense plays well, look out Sealy boys ready to fall. Draw the post-game bath water o-line of sealy, our nose is ready for the tenderizing process. I'll bring extra salt for the 1996 open wound! Leps have gameface on.

Haha r u crazy?? The sealy o line will be the difference in this game. Their ability to dominate the leps d line will be the reason sealy wins this game.

FbCoachB40
09-17-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by voicteofLeps
well since sealy has only allowed 12 points in 3 games seems like a total lights out defense. but seriously take a look at the teams they have played so far. i'm sorry but the two houston teams you have played, didnt even know they still played football.

You must be from Wyoming if you didn't know that St.Pius X plays football. They have 4 D1 commits already. They have won 16 state championships in many different divisions. They had 5 D1 signees last year.

pirate4state
09-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Good Luck Tigers!

Pudlugger
09-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by sTxforlife
Haha r u crazy?? The sealy o line will be the difference in this game. Their ability to dominate the leps d line will be the reason sealy wins this game.

We'll see about that. Our D line will be chomping on the bit to prove their worth after last week's performance. I think this issue will be resolved by the middle of the first quarter when Sealy has been forced to punt twice.

Tiger Dad
09-17-2010, 09:33 AM
First of all Pud no one who is actually from Sealy is predicting Sealy to roll yall. This is always an intense game. People love to talk about our schedule but look at your 2 wins against teams with a combined record of 1-5 and they were not blow outs on yalls part. You play a good team and give up 51. Wilkerson will get his but it won't be enough. I think Davis will go off tonight. As for your nose blowing us up I doubt it. Ask the tackle from St. Pius that is going to Texas. Also we are at home so we should not have to deal with the garbage officiating we always get there.Last year wouldn't have been close without your striped freinds.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by sTxforlife

easy killer, our o-line has not done enough this year to say that they will dominate the leps d-line

FbCoachB40
09-17-2010, 09:46 AM
easy killer, our o-line has not done enough this year to say that they will dominate the leps d-line

I agree in a sense. I believe the front 7 are the STRENGTH of LaGrange

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
I agree in a sense. I believe the front 7 are the STRENGTH of LaGrange

100% agree with this statement... the front 7 has many good athletes and is the strength of the leps D, how we run tonight will be key

Pudlugger
09-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Dad
First of all Pud no one who is actually from Sealy is predicting Sealy to roll yall. This is always an intense game. People love to talk about our schedule but look at your 2 wins against teams with a combined record of 1-5 and they were not blow outs on yalls part. You play a good team and give up 51. Wilkerson will get his but it won't be enough. I think Davis will go off tonight. As for your nose blowing us up I doubt it. Ask the tackle from St. Pius that is going to Texas. Also we are at home so we should not have to deal with the garbage officiating we always get there.Last year wouldn't have been close without your striped freinds.

Like I said, we'll see soon enough.:kiss: :devil:

ss27
09-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Well, in just a few hours we can all be writing about what actually did happen rather than what is going to happen. Just like last week turnovers will determine the outcome.

And there is sure one thing that is a fact. Wilkerson will get his catches, no matter what. Just get it in the vicinity and he will go up and get it. The kid is a real good athlete. One of the top receivers in the state at any level.

sinton66
09-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Are yall going to do a meet and greet?

Guess not.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Guess not.

haha

voicteofLeps
09-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Just saying now, I hope sealy knows what they got coming

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-17-2010, 05:04 PM

lmfao... you guyz:rolleyes:

sinton66
09-17-2010, 05:25 PM
haha

I was going to come, but.......

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-17-2010, 05:28 PM
I was going to come, but.......

really? are you going to the game? I am out of town so i will not be there tonight

sinton66
09-17-2010, 06:28 PM
I was planning on it, but think the weather isn't going to cooperate. Radar looks pretty bad in spots.

Check this out:
http://houston.justweather.com/#lightbox=p293&tab=w18lb

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-17-2010, 07:12 PM
I was planning on it, but think the weather isn't going to cooperate. Radar looks pretty bad in spots.

Check this out:
http://houston.justweather.com/#lightbox=p293&tab=w18lb

yeah it does look rough but sealy is bone dry

sinton66
09-17-2010, 07:28 PM
For now, yeah. But it would be just my luck. Maybe next time.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-17-2010, 07:31 PM
For now, yeah. But it would be just my luck. Maybe next time.

I hope you can make it down to Tiger Stadium sometime

sinton66
09-17-2010, 07:32 PM
I intend to before the season's over. Pick me a good one.;)

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-17-2010, 07:45 PM
I intend to before the season's over. Pick me a good one.;)

BROOKSHIRE ROYAL:D

sinton66
09-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Sounds good. BTW score is Sealy 7, LaGrange 6.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Sounds good. BTW score is Sealy 7, LaGrange 6.

ohh my bad.. just put on the headphones

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-17-2010, 10:12 PM

hmmmm...:doh: sealy wins 50-12

Tiger Turtle
09-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Wilkerson had 2 catches for 23 yards...

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
Wilkerson had 2 catches for 23 yards...

we sut him DOWN..

Luv My Tigers
09-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Like I said, we'll see soon enough.:kiss: :devil:

We surely saw enough!!

Global Swarming
09-17-2010, 10:42 PM
So much for the game of the week.

Tiger Dad
09-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Great game tonight guys. A very solid team effort everyone contributed. Is it ok to call our defense good now ? Is our offense high powered ? Should be a great game next week against a very strong Wimberly team. The guys look like they are ready.

Pudlugger
09-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Nuts! The Leps just got rolled.:(

Well I guess we saw alright. The Tigers dominated from every aspect of the game. The Sealy o line blew off the Lep 3 down lineman proving the new defensive scheme totally ineffective. The defensive coordinator will need to go back to the drawing boards as the Leps now have given up 101 points in two games. The Lep offense was off track all night as the o line was completely out played by the Tiger defensive down linemen. Our qb was under pressure all night.

Sealy is a very well coached and loaded with talent team and will make a deep run in the playoffs and maybe win state. They had no apparent weaknesses. A very solid team. I don't think the Leps are as bad a team as the Tigers made them appear tonight. The Tigers are just a way better football team at this time. Hopefully our coaches will come up with a winning formula for the talent they have and get this team ready for district. A bye week is coming at an opportune time.

Good luck the rest of the way and thanks for the clinic tonight.

zebrablue2
09-18-2010, 12:15 AM

i think they knew!!! congrats to the tigers...

ss27
09-18-2010, 01:10 AM
Too many 3 and outs for offense. Defense would have had a hard time anyway with Sealy offense. Is it just me........seems like everyone around me and the players want QB change. But putting in #2 and then calling mostly running plays and taking forever to even call plays leaving only a couple of seconds on 25 second clock is not giving him a fair chance. Seems like they wanted him to fail. But he is a much better passer and is much more accurate. And why have Wilkerson on sidelines most of the time when #2 was in there? The whole thing just smells fishy. I am not the only one who is thinking this. A whole lot of fans were saying same thing.......even some other coaches scouting.

But give Sealy credit....they have a very good team! Seems like season is slipping away for LG. Players are very discouraged!

Tiger Turtle
09-18-2010, 05:58 AM
Pud - Way to stay classy after the game as always. Good luck to the Leps the rest of the way.

garciap77
09-18-2010, 06:57 AM
hmmmm...:doh: sealy wins 50-12

Sealy can beat Brownwood!:D

957tiger
09-18-2010, 08:43 AM
This game started out with a TD run on the opening kick-off by
La Grange. It appeared the runner had been stopped. Everyone else thought the same. The offensive and defensive teams were heading out onto the field. We even had a kid running out to retrieve the kicking tee. The officials seemed confused and were out of position as they too were anticpating the next play.

The officials huddled in the endzone to go over what just happened and most likely realized they didn't have a clue. That was the highlight of the game for La Grange as the Tigers dominated the game from that point on. Hats off to Wilkerson as he played multiple positions and did whatever he could to make something happen. Curious if he drove the bus home as well.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Sealy can beat Brownwood!:D

ofcourse not, anyone who thinks bwd can lose will be cast to hell!!:D