PDA

View Full Version : Riding Mower recommendations

Blastoderm55
09-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Any suggestions on a riding mower? I've always heard good things about Husqvarna and John Deere, but I'm trying to save a little money. Sears has a good looking mower on sale this week (regularly $1740, on sale for $1400, plus additional 10% off, plus 4% cash back through ebates and qualifying Reward Zone points ~$25 through Best Buy.)

Here's the mower.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07128924000P?adCell=W1

Thoughts? I really want to buy it today to take advantage of the 10% savings. Plus, I plan on buying it online and having it shipped to the local Sears dealer. Said Sears dealer would not budge on in-store prices (compared to internet prices), so the wife and I bought online and shipped to store, getting the undies of the store owner in a wad and leading to tacky actions on their part. So, now I have even more incentive to purchase form Sears.com and ship to the store the mower that COULD have been sold had they acted in a tactful, professional manner. Petty? Perhaps, but in this economy store operators should be taking a little bit better care of their customers.

SintonFan
09-12-2010, 08:35 PM
I can convert it to Propane.:nerd: ;)

Blastoderm55
09-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I can convert it to Propane.:nerd: ;)

:eek:

Really? That's pretty awesome. That would probably come in handy since I don't have a pickup and really don't want big containers of gas in my car.

SintonFan
09-13-2010, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
:eek:

Really? That's pretty awesome. That would probably come in handy since I don't have a pickup and really don't want big containers of gas in my car.

Riding Mowers are easy...:nerd:

Cars and Trucks are harder.:doh:

sinton66
09-13-2010, 06:41 AM
The Craftsman should be a good mower. I had one for many years before I got my John Deere. Keep the oil changed regularily and it should last a long time. Looks like a good price for a 46" mower.

lostaussie
09-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Yes.............get a green one:D

BwdLion73
09-13-2010, 12:24 PM
I bought one three years ago that looks like it other than it is a 20 hp. It's my third Craftsman and I have had good luck with all 3. Make sure you get the automatic they are a lot more fun.

Trashman
09-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Keep the oil changed regularily and it should last a long time.

Agreed, oil changes are critical in the B&S engine and be sure to use the recomended weight of oil as well.

:D

AP Panther Fan
09-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Any suggestions on a riding mower? I've always heard good things about Husqvarna and John Deere, but I'm trying to save a little money. Sears has a good looking mower on sale this week (regularly $1740, on sale for $1400, plus additional 10% off, plus 4% cash back through ebates and qualifying Reward Zone points ~$25 through Best Buy.)

Here's the mower.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07128924000P?adCell=W1

Thoughts? I really want to buy it today to take advantage of the 10% savings. Plus, I plan on buying it online and having it shipped to the local Sears dealer. Said Sears dealer would not budge on in-store prices (compared to internet prices), so the wife and I bought online and shipped to store, getting the undies of the store owner in a wad and leading to tacky actions on their part. So, now I have even more incentive to purchase form Sears.com and ship to the store the mower that COULD have been sold had they acted in a tactful, professional manner. Petty? Perhaps, but in this economy store operators should be taking a little bit better care of their customers.

Did you already close on your house? With any savings you get, you will need to invest in mosquito spray. Good grief, they are about to carry us away in AP.

Blastoderm55
09-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Did you already close on your house? With any savings you get, you will need to invest in mosquito spray. Good grief, they are about to carry us away in AP.

We close three weeks from today! :D

Hupernikomen
09-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Craftsman has been good to me too. That is a good price.

SintonFan
09-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Good to see you on here, Hup.:clap:

RoyceTTU
09-16-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm not for sure if you have already pulled the trigger on this. We are a Husqvarna dealer with 35 locations spread throughout Texas. We can get whatever you need and I can get you in touch with somebody who is more familiar with the product.

PM me if you still need help. Thanks

TheStig
09-20-2010, 04:29 PM
That was a good deal. My father-in-law has a craftsman and loves it.

Tiger Turtle
09-24-2010, 07:01 AM
Craftsman mowers give good service for the price if you keep the maintenance up to date and you can change out parts once the warranty runs out. Whatever you do, don't go to HD and buy a JD L1XX series unless your yard is small and all carpet grass. Cub Cadet from TSC is another option to look at.