PDA

View Full Version : Who Could Beat or Give Brownwood a Game?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bullaholic
09-12-2010, 09:58 AM
O.k., many of the traditional 3A powers are having less than stellar starts and Brownwood is sailing right now. Anybody care to discuss the teams that they think could beat Brownwood or give them a good game right now?

Of course, I'm going to have to stick my hand in the air and say that I think the Bulls could give Brownwood all they want, and more right now with an offense as good as anybody's, and a pretty dang tight "D". Of course, the earliest we may be able to find out would be Rd2 of the D2 playoffs. I hope it happens---I think this game would truly be the "greatest show on turf" in 3A and would be SRO if these 2 teams keep going the way they are for the remainder of the season.

Anybody else want to give Rocket & Co. something to "crack" on? :D

BwdLions
09-12-2010, 10:05 AM
I'll tell ya Bull, I like your team and I do think that would be a great game. Of course, like yourself I'd pick my team in that one. Maybe we'll get to see that matchup in the playoffs. I look forward to seeing the Bulls play the Steers in a couple of weeks. I'll check out the Bulls first hand.

Trashman
09-12-2010, 10:07 AM
I agree, Bridgeport, Snyder, and Wylie would all give Brownwood a good game..........in the first half...:devil:

sinton66
09-12-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm not too sure the New Orleans Saints could beat Brownwood(from listening to their fans).:hand:

Bullaholic
09-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Don't get me wrong BWL---I'm not trying to fit anyone for rings right now, but I do want to hear about some other teams that may be better than we think right now that no one has told us about, along with some of the usual contenders fans giving us their assessment of their team thru Wk2. Sure hope you can make the Graham game so you can give an eyewitness report on the Bulls---sure hope we scare you to death that night. :D. Maybe I can bump into a couple of you Brownwood fans as well as the Graham fans. It would be my pleasure to meet you all.

wimbo_pro
09-12-2010, 10:13 AM
I think Wimberley could give them a solid performance come December. We are still not hitting all cylinders right now, but getting closer each game. And one thing we know for sure, Nelms (and his staff) gets his team ready for the play offs as well as any other top notch coach.

fresh-j
09-12-2010, 10:13 AM
BR. Due to the pure athletes and speed, however, if Brownwood and Brookshire Royal played 10 times, Brownwood would win 7

:cool:

wimbo_pro
09-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by fresh-j
BR. Due to the pure athletes and speed, however, if Brownwood and Brookshire Royal played 10 times, Brownwood would win 7

:cool:

And probably true with Wimberley as well. Brownwood has the studs, no doubt. But we have all seen the "studs" not make it to the final game...many more times than not!

jason
09-12-2010, 10:21 AM
that burnet team that could have beat the kansas city chiefs could give them a run....

coincidence - that was a bob shipley team with a shipley at receiver too.....

pirate4state
09-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by jason
that burnet team that could have beat the kansas city chiefs could give them a run....

coincidence - that was a bob shipley team with a shipley at receiver too..... true. refresh my memory...how many state championships did they win? ;)

BwdLion73
09-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I'm not too sure the New Orleans Saints could beat Brownwood(from listening to their fans).:hand:

:thinking: ;)

GrTigers6
09-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
:thinking: ;) I think Bridgeport, Wylie,gilmer, Carthage, and probably some more will give the lions a game by December or sooner. Especially if there heads keep swelling. Brownwood is very good but not unbeatable. I could see teams like celina or maybe even china spring and wimberly sneaking up on them as they get better and more experienced. Only time will tell.
Having said that I would love to see brownwood win another title if it's not gonna be us.

BwdLion_80
09-12-2010, 10:48 AM
No team is unbeatable! Including the Lions! Any team can win on any given night. Does that mean Brownwood will lose, no, but it can happen!

Bullaholic
09-12-2010, 10:53 AM
O.k.--let's toss these logs on the fire.....How about Daingerfield or Pittsburgh?

Eagle 1
09-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
No team is unbeatable! Including the Lions! Any team can win on any given night. Does that mean Brownwood will lose, no, but it can happen!

Do us all a favor and try and convince Rocket that. :)

wimbo_pro
09-12-2010, 10:54 AM
I think its pretty clear (at this point anyways) that whomever beats Brownwood <bows head> will have to play their best game of the year, and Brownwood <bows head> would have to play less than their best game of the year. Stranger things have happened!

Looking4number8
09-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1

he knows he just also knows how to get under your skin!

wimbo_pro
09-12-2010, 10:55 AM

LOL...you do like to think the impossible, dont you eagle? LOL

LE Dad
Kennedale or B'port in R1

or

If they make it to the Semis.____________ (insert your favorite East Texas team here):D

sinton66
Do us all a favor and try and convince Rocket that. :) LOL! A snowball would have a better chance in..... well you know where.:D

sinton66
09-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad

or

If they make it to the Semis.____________ (insert your favorite East Texas team here):D

Wouldn't be the semis. Would be the finals. R3 plays R4 in the semis (unless that's changed recently).

GrTigers6
09-12-2010, 10:59 AM

or

If they make it to the Semis.____________ (insert your favorite East Texas team here):D yeah I forgot about kennedale

Trashman
09-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I think its pretty clear (at this point anyways) that whomever beats Brownwood <bows head> will have to play their best game of the year, and Brownwood <bows head> would have to play less than their best game of the year. Stranger things have happened!

Agreed. :thinking:

trojan37
09-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Venus would destroy Brownwood! Seriously, I am not sure if it's a possibility, but if Brownwood goes D2, I think Kennedale or even Alvarado(whichever goes D2) can give them a hard time.

LE Dad
09-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Wouldn't be the semis. Would be the finals. R3 plays R4 in the semis (unless that's changed recently). Gilmer and Carthage were moved back to Region 2 this year. LE and Pitt never left R2 any of these teams can hang with The Wood.

sinton66
09-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Gilmer and Carthage were moved back to Region 2 this year. LE and Pitt never left R2 any of these teams can hang with The Wood.

Ah, I see what you mean.

Daddy D 11
09-12-2010, 12:39 PM
I can see Wimberley beating them in state.

Tin Cup
09-12-2010, 01:11 PM
I just want to win our next game. Every week.

BwdLions
09-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Yeah, we'll just take it one game at a time and let the rest of you decide which teams can beat the Lions, and how far we'll go in the playoffs. The playoffs are several weeks away.

Bullaholic
09-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Yeah, we'll just take it one game at a time and let the rest of you decide which teams can beat the Lions, and how far we'll go in the playoffs. The playoffs are several weeks away.

Of course, but with the Lions being so dominant so early, and several of the favorites losing, it is severely cutting down on the fervor of the game discussions....and if all we can listen to is "Rocket Radio"---it's going to be a very long time until the playoffs. :D

BwdLions
09-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Of course, but with the Lions being so dominant so early, and several of the favorites losing, it is severely cutting down on the fervor of the game discussions....and if all we can listen to is "Rocket Radio"---it's going to be a very long time until the playoffs. :D

I'm starting to realize how this site works Bull. Of course I still fall for it every now and then and counter-attack. That's just my instinct. I think plenty of folks on here have that problem when someone smack talks their team.

Emerson1
09-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Euless Trinity is obviously the only choice.

d0tc0m
09-12-2010, 03:23 PM
the dallas cowboys....but only if dez bryant plays and roy williams rides the pine.

Rocket
09-12-2010, 04:12 PM
No team is unbeatable but I have been watching Brownwood football for 26 years and I have never seen a more talented and complete team. I don't see a weakness.

You also need to realize that we have a very good OC and DC with a good supporting staff. Merkett is a very good play caller. He is very methodical and has some fun weapons to give secondaries fits. The defense is STRONG, sound, fast, and talented. Oh and Shipley lurks in the secondary. We already have 8 INT's 3 games in...our coaches make very good adjustments at halftime. I love this aspect.

Wimberley did not play this team last year. They didn't play Brown and Longoria was injured on the 3rd play of the game. Trust me, wimberley would get there jock handed to them. Sville would jack them up. We almost beat Wimbo last year! Lol give me a stinking break. Then wimbo goes and gets jacked by Graham like they are a 2A. The Graham team we beat. ;-)

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Rocket
09-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Venus would destroy Brownwood! Seriously, I am not sure if it's a possibility, but if Brownwood goes D2, I think Kennedale or even Alvarado(whichever goes D2) can give them a hard time.

Venus? LOL the planet?

Rocket
09-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Gilmer and Carthage were moved back to Region 2 this year. LE and Pitt never left R2 any of these teams can hang with The Wood.

Based on what? Gilmer has dropped 2 and Carthage got their jock rocked. LOL

You are a big homer. Back up your statements with logical thoughts. Not pure, driven, homeristic, nonsense.

wimbo_pro
09-12-2010, 04:37 PM

Thats true, Bwdlions, but its fun for us old codgers to discuss (ad nauseum) the possibilities and theoretical match ups. your input is important to me, because most of the other "input" we get from other Brownwood <bows head> posters is usually predictable and falls into the category of pure bluster.

wimbo_pro
09-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
No team is unbeatable but I have been watching Brownwood football for 26 years and I have never seen a more talented and complete team. I don't see a weakness.

You also need to realize that we have a very good OC and DC with a good supporting staff. Merkett is a very good play caller. He is very methodical and has some fun weapons to give secondaries fits. The defense is STRONG, sound, fast, and talented. Oh and Shipley lurks in the secondary. We already have 8 INT's 3 games in...our coaches make very good adjustments at halftime. I love this aspect.

Wimberley did not play this team last year. They didn't play Brown and Longoria was injured on the 3rd play of the game. Trust me, wimberley would get there jock handed to them. Sville would jack them up. We almost beat Wimbo last year! Lol give me a stinking break. Then wimbo goes and gets jacked by Graham like they are a 2A. The Graham team we beat. ;-)

I know Rocket...this years team has nothing to do with last years team. I will be the first to admit that Brownwood <bows head> looks unstoppable. But you need to realize that for three years now, you have said the EXACT SAME THING, OVER AND OVER. You have said its the best you have ever seen, that no one can beat Brownwood <bows head> but Brownwood <bows head>, you have said every other team doesn't have a chance, even though when they DO beat Brownwood <bows head>, they suck because you beat their opponent three weeks before on an odd numbered day by an even margin on a windy Friday night with the sun in your eyes.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Rocket
09-12-2010, 04:49 PM
I know Rocket...this years team has nothing to do with last years team. I will be the first to admit that Brownwood <bows head> looks unstoppable. But you need to realize that for three years now, you have said the EXACT SAME THING, OVER AND OVER. You have said its the best you have ever seen, that no one can beat Brownwood <bows head> but Brownwood <bows head>, you have said every other team doesn't have a chance, even though when they DO beat Brownwood <bows head>, they suck because you beat their opponent three weeks before on an odd numbered day by an even margin on a windy Friday night with the sun in your eyes.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Not true. I will say this. If Brown was healthy last year, we are playing for #9 this year. Not having Brown caught up with us against Wimbo finally.

I always talk smack, son! A healthy Brownwood team last year would have won it all last year. Take that to the bank!

Old Cardinal
09-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Over in Region III.... I would say WOS, Bridge City, Kirbyville, Jasper, Silsbee could handle the job.
Throw in Carthage and Gilmer and a few others around the state and I will predict that Brownwood does not win it all this season....

TheDOCTORdre
09-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Venus? LOL the planet?

I think he is saying it would take an out of this world effort to beat Brownwood.

M-town lobo fan
09-12-2010, 05:01 PM
I say this is Broownwood year.I think its more pressure for them to win it all on themselves.According to their fans nobody can beat Brownwood.It sure will be dissapointing if they dont win it all.They dropped down to 3A with a D1 Reciever its all there no excuses...If you dont win it this year in 3A I think your enrollment is to high for 2A for next alignment..

LE Dad
09-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Based on what? Gilmer has dropped 2 and Carthage got their jock rocked. LOL

You are a big homer. Back up your statements with logical thoughts. Not pure, driven, homeristic, nonsense. It is common for East Texas teams to take some losses.

Here is your logic over the past 11 seasons 6 titles have gone to one of those schools.:D :D add Atlanta in 03 that would make 7.

Now show me some logic to support that a team that was rolled by Wylie last year and didn't even make it out of their region :rolleyes: is going to compete with one of these programs? I have seen too many chest thumpn Region 1 teams head back home looking all sad and I don't think B'wood will be any different.:thinking: :D

STANG RED
09-12-2010, 05:11 PM
By week 10, Wylie will be firing on all cylinders and will give Bwood a good game. Snyder should also give them a decent game, and could possibly sneak up on them. In west Texas, other than those two, probably only Monahans would have a chance of upsetting them. But so much can happen with teenage boys, injuries, growth spurts, girlfriends, parent splitting up, etc etc etc..., all of these teams could look and play much different in 10 weeks, than it appears they would be at this point.
The only thing for certain is; There WILL BE some surprises along the way! You can only hope the good outway the bad in the end.

TheDOCTORdre
09-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
By week 10, Wylie will be firing on all cylinders and will give Bwood a good game. Snyder should also give them a decent game, and could possibly sneak up on them. In west Texas, other than those two, probably only Monahans would have a chance of upsetting them. But so much can happen with teenage boys, injuries, growth spurts, girlfriends, parent splitting up, etc etc etc..., all of these teams could look and play much different in 10 weeks, than it appears they would be at this point.
The only thing for certain is; There WILL BE some surprises along the way! You can only hope the good outway the bad in the end.

no offence but it would take a huge upset for Monahans to beat Brownwood, I saw them beat Sweetwater and wasn't all to impressed.

Old Cardinal
09-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Good Post LE Dad: I would think that Region II, III & IV all have a team or two that can top anything out of Region I this season.....

Milk That Cow
09-12-2010, 05:15 PM

I'm surprised any Cameron Yoe Folks haven't chimed in on this, but it might be asking for 3A only...

I've only seen the Yoemen once this fall, but in 7 on 7(I know it's only flag football) Brownwood needed the last play of the game to win the championship against Cameron...

And Cameron has punished everybody they have played this year...

If Cameron was 3A, they would be a Top 5 Team and a Legit State Champ Contender...

I'm just sayin...

ccmom
09-12-2010, 05:16 PM
The only thing for certain is; There WILL BE some surprises along the way! You can only hope the good outway the bad in the end. Logical post....not sure there is much room for logic around here, though. ;)

Rocket
09-12-2010, 05:22 PM

Good post, Stang. I agree. Here is the scary thing. We are 10x better than the level we played at in the playoffs last year. Just to give you a reference point...

Rocket
09-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
I'm surprised any Cameron Yoe Folks haven't chimed in on this, but it might be asking for 3A only...

I've only seen the Yoemen once this fall, but in 7 on 7(I know it's only flag football) Brownwood needed the last play of the game to win the championship against Cameron...

And Cameron has punished everybody they have played this year...

If Cameron was 3A, they would be a Top 5 Team and a Legit State Champ Contender...

I'm just sayin...

We have punished every team we played as well.. Including a Top 10 4A. ;)

Are they a top 5 2A? Lol
11 on 11 is a much different game. So is 2A and 3A... Just sayin'

STANG RED
09-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
no offence but it would take a huge upset for Monahans to beat Brownwood, I saw them beat Sweetwater and wasn't all to impressed.

All I said was they "have a chance", but didnt say how much of a chance. They have a good system thats been in place for several years now, a much better than average coaching staff, great tradition, and are simply an all around solid football program. That is always a winning formula in my book. So yeah, they would have a chance. That odd shaped ball bounces real funny sometimes ya know.

Milk That Cow
09-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Are they a top 5 2A? Lol
11 on 11 is a much different game. So is 2A and 3A... Just sayin'

Hey, Yoe Fans...

the Rocket ain't giving y'all no respect...

btw, a 2A Tatum beat the defending 3A champ Gilmer on their field...

I'm just sayin

Looking4number8
09-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Snyder.

....... I am very disappointed in you my friend.:D

Eagle 1
09-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Hey, Yoe Fans...

I'm just sayin

Dont you know 2A and below is pop warner football according to Rocket?
Just saying.

STANG RED
09-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8

OMG your right.:eek:
Here then, let me make that up.
shnydr SUCKS, shnydr SUCKS, shnydr SUCKS, ALLWAYS HAVE, ALLWAYS WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There now, is that better?:D

TheDOCTORdre

but Snyder is the best 2-1 team in the state or something like that

Rocket
It is common for East Texas teams to take some losses.

Here is your logic over the past 11 seasons 6 titles have gone to one of those schools.:D :D add Atlanta in 03 that would make 7.

Now show me some logic to support that a team that was rolled by Wylie last year and didn't even make it out of their region :rolleyes: is going to compete with one of these programs? I have seen too many chest thumpn Region 1 teams head back home looking all sad and I don't think B'wood will be any different.:thinking: :D

Dude, last year? Ask Sville about last year. We get beat 35-0 and this year beat them by 33?

Our studs are playing together and healthy. Our seniors are not first year varsity starters anymore. That Wylie team did not beat this team. We proved it by beating a team that beat them. And Graham lost by 1 point to your powerhouse Carthage team. Give me a break.

You don't get it and won't get it til you see it with your own eyes. Until then I will chest thump and hope for the best. You don't like it? Go to smoaky or better yet, try for one day to not post on Brownwood threads. Go talk about how great your east Texas teams are but try and explain why they are dropping games...

Rocket
09-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Dont you know 2A and below is pop warner football according to Rocket?
Just saying.

Nope, just 1A...

Rocket
09-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Hey, Yoe Fans...

I'm just sayin

Was Stump playing? No, he graduated, along with all those other studs... Why do people always assume that just because a team was unstoppable the year before that even if half the team graduates including a star QB, they are a legit team? You make no sense.

Who did Gilmer lose to this week? I can't keep up with all these east Texas powerhouse losses... LOL

Rocket
09-12-2010, 05:49 PM
I was very impressed with Gilmer last year. After watching what they did to Wylie. That was crazy. Much respect. But guess what, this is 2010, there is a new sheriff in town, and LE is Barney Phife.

LE Dad
09-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Dude, last year? Ask Sville about last year. We get beat 35-0 and this year beat them by 33?

Our studs are playing together and healthy. Our seniors are not first year varsity starters anymore. That Wylie team did not beat this team. We proved it by beating a team that beat them. And Graham lost by 1 point to your powerhouse Carthage team. Give me a break.

You don't get it and won't get it til you see it with your own eyes. Until then I will chest thump and hope for the best. You don't like it? Go to smoaky or better yet, try for one day to not post on Brownwood threads. Go talk about how great your east Texas teams are but try and explain why they are dropping games... I have seen it and heard it for years from others... If ya'll actually make it out of region I will probably see it from B'wood.

Yeah I am pretty sure Carthage needs that inscribed on their trophy (only won by 1pt):D

7-20 SCs have gone to East Texas...pretty good odds that #8 is coming this year.

:D

Eagle 1
09-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Nope, just 1A...

Then what were you implying here?

Originally posted by Rocket 2A Titles? LOL Awwww how cute...

Rocket
09-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Then what were you implying here?

I'm implying the level is higher at 3A and throwing 2A titles in a 3As face is non relevant. 1A titles are even cuter... ;)

Rocket
09-12-2010, 06:02 PM
I have seen it and heard it for years from others... If ya'll actually make it out of region I will probably see it from B'wood.

Yeah I am pretty sure Carthage needs that inscribed on their trophy (only won by 1pt):D

7-20 SCs have gone to East Texas...pretty good odds that #8 is coming this year.

And like I said on another thread..

If we win a SC, I'm gonna shove so much crow down your throat that you will be farting feathers for the next decade...

We shall see...time will tell. I love our odds.

LE Dad
09-12-2010, 06:05 PM
I was very impressed with Gilmer last year. After watching what they did to Wylie. That was crazy. Much respect. But guess what, this is 2010, there is a new sheriff in town, and LE is Barney Phife. The names may change, but 7 out of 20 titles... Is a fact...not some homer driven opinion of "we're 10x better than last year" PLEEEEEEEASE!!:doh:

LE Dad
09-12-2010, 06:10 PM
And like I said on another thread..

If we win a SC, I'm gonna shove so much crow down your throat that you will be farting feathers for the next decade...

We shall see...time will tell. I love our odds. ...or :thinking: Lions lose.... seniors graduate.... Coach leaves.... And you fade off into the Hobbs sunset. :D

Oh and another title or 2 will be placed into an East Texas trophy case.:p

Rocket
09-12-2010, 06:11 PM
The names may change, but 7 out of 20 titles... Is a fact...not some homer driven opinion of "we're 10x better than last year" PLEEEEEEEASE!!:doh:

Cool, we are coming to get it. You better acquire a taste for crow between now and December.

Ask Sville how much better we are compared to last year. You don't have the horses this year..

Any east Texas threads for you to go chest thump on? This one has the word Brownwood in the thread.

Eagle 1
09-12-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm implying the level is higher at 3A and throwing 2A titles in a 3As face is non relevant. 1A titles are even cuter... ;)

In 1981 3A was the now 2A, numbers wise (or pretty close). ;)
Incidently coach, Goldthwaite won back to back 2A titles in 93-94.

Rocket
09-12-2010, 06:22 PM
In 1981 3A was the now 2A, numbers wise (or pretty close). ;)
Incidently coach, Goldthwaite won back to back 2A titles in 93-94.

Who gives a flying dog crap? Let's talk about 2010 and how good Brownwood is. This is fun.

Tin Cup
09-12-2010, 06:27 PM
I love that Brownwood is getting attention on threads like this because it means we are good and relevant to the here and now. I would rather be good and have a target on my back than have to pull off miracle of the year to win. Are we beatable? Yes. Will we be beat? No clue. I think the only teams that can beat Brownwood (realistic, not upset of the year types) are teams that can outscore us offense for offense. The problem is that our D seems legit thus far. This means a team has to execute every time they have the ball. I don't see teams shutting our O down enough to win a "defensive battle". Here's to hoping for #8!!!

Rocket
09-12-2010, 06:33 PM
...or :thinking: Lions lose.... seniors graduate.... Coach leaves.... And you fade off into the Hobbs sunset. :D

Oh and another title or 2 will be placed into an East Texas trophy case.:p

Answer the question this thread asked with more than the "in the past"... Give me a team name that will beat Brownwood and why. You get on Brownwood for talking about the past and all you got is the past... Be real, wannabe.

Eagle 1
09-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Who gives a flying dog crap? Let's talk about 2010 and how good Brownwood is. This is fun.

I guess you do, or you wouldn't have responded.

Yes your right, this is fun.
Your so easy, kind of like this ball.....

http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/cats/cats_197.gif

Rocket
09-12-2010, 06:37 PM

I was thinking the same thing about you.

LE Dad
09-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Answer the question this thread asked with more than the "in the past"... Give me a team name that will beat Brownwood and why. You get on Brownwood for talking about the past and all you got is the past... Be real, wannabe. I gave you several names, I think it is highly possible that Kennedale will take you out. If not then you can come on over and get dispatched by whoever comes out of Reg 2.:D

Looking4number8
09-12-2010, 06:57 PM
OMG your right.:eek:
Here then, let me make that up.
shnydr SUCKS, shnydr SUCKS, shnydr SUCKS, ALLWAYS HAVE, ALLWAYS WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There now, is that better?:D

Much better, all is right with the world now!

TheDOCTORdre
09-12-2010, 06:59 PM

I was thinking the same thing about you.

so y'all are a pair of balls?

Looking4number8
09-12-2010, 07:01 PM

Two points...

#1, 13 of 20 times East Texas Teams did not win it all

#2, Thank you, odds are pretty good for the Lions to win #8 this year

LE Dad
09-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Cool, we are coming to get it. You better acquire a taste for crow between now and December.

Ask Sville how much better we are compared to last year. You don't have the horses this year..

Any east Texas threads for you to go chest thump on? This one has the word Brownwood in the thread. This is an East Texas thread......:thinking:

It asked who was going to beat B'wood!!I guess you just misunderstood.:D

Rocket
09-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Two points...

#1, 13 of 20 times East Texas Teams did not win it all

#2, Thank you, odds are pretty good for the Lions to win #8 this year

He makes no valid argument or point. Ever.

ctown
09-12-2010, 08:55 PM

Rocket so profoundly short memoried...

Here is something for you to puke and wretch at with your stupid comparison of 2A to 3A:
Celina
2005 2A State Champs
2006 3A State Finalist
2007 3A State Champs
2008 3A State Finalists

When Brownwood moved up---wait, did they move up or down. It doesn't matter. When they moved, they sucked. Naturally Rocket doesn't want to hear any talk of 2A being a challenge to them. They can't even explain how a team that moves down doesn't dominate.

2A Daingerfield would rip you to pieces. End of story.

orange machine
09-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by ctown

Here is something for you to puke and wretch at with your stupid comparison of 2A to 3A:
Celina
2005 2A State Champs
2006 3A State Finalist
2007 3A State Champs
2008 3A State Finalists

When Brownwood moved up---wait, did they move up or down. It doesn't matter. When they moved, they sucked. Naturally Rocket doesn't want to hear any talk of 2A being a challenge to them. They can't even explain how a team that moves down doesn't dominate.

Now now DF is 2a and from east tx forget that they have like 6 or 7 D1 players they just don't count.

slpybear the bullfan
09-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Clearly, after reading this thread and others the past week, the Argentine Navy might stop Brownwood.

Or maybe a Cat II or higher hurricane.

orange machine
09-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Clearly, after reading this thread and others the past week, the Argentine Navy might stop Brownwood.

Haha are freaking kidding me nothing and I mean nothing can take them down absolutely nothing!:rolleyes:

BEAST
09-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Just keep one thing in mind, it wasn't a Brownwood fan that started the thread.

BEAST

trojandad
09-12-2010, 09:35 PM

only a cat II? lol go slpybear......:cool:

orange machine
09-12-2010, 09:38 PM
I take that back only one thing can take them down and that would be themselves, oh yes that would be the opponent that could take down this mighty Lion. This mighty Lion has been a thorn in there side for 29 years yes I say 29 years, but can they finally this year stop beating thereself only time will tell.

#1 TEXAN
09-12-2010, 09:52 PM
I wont be surprised to see brownwood drop a game in district, its is also way to early to call them state champs the lions lose a couple key players you are back in the same boat as last year, so dont talk to much smack lions fans or yall will be eating the crow pie.

trojandad
09-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by #1 TEXAN
I wont be surprised to see brownwood drop a game in district, its is also way to early to call them state champs the lions lose a couple key players you are back in the same boat as last year, so dont talk to much smack lions fans or yall will be eating the crow pie.

you didn't hear, texan? the only way they'll have an injury is if kryptonite falls on the field and their lead lined uniforms fail to protect them.....:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

orange machine
09-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
you didn't hear, texan? the only way they'll have an injury is if kryptonite falls on the field and their lead lined uniforms fail to protect them.....:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

:rolleyes: :clap:

BaseballUmp
09-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Hopefully no one gets lead poisoning lol

bwdlionfan
09-12-2010, 10:02 PM

moron, it was someone from your own town that started this thread

WOS87
09-12-2010, 10:03 PM
When's the last time Celina beat Daingerfield?? Remind me... I forgot

Celina
2005 2A State Champs
2006 3A State Finalist
2007 3A State Champs
2008 3A State Finalists

pirate4state
09-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
moron, it was someone from your own town that started this thread LOL

orange machine
09-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
When's the last time Celina beat Daingerfield?? Remind me... I forgot

Bad argument i think all Celina people will tell you everytime Celina and DF have played they were the better team .

Rocket
09-12-2010, 10:09 PM

Did Brownwood deliver? Yup.

Hey Celina, 3A Brownwood would wipe the floor with you. Your coaches know it and you should to.

Oh how I wish your coaches would have allowed the massacre...

The Celina Theory in full effect...

DDBooger
09-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL probably shouldn't talk that way to the mods, but it was funny.

WOS87
09-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Bad argument i think all Celina people will tell you everytime Celina and DF have played they were the better team .

3 times in a row!?? I wonder what the DF people would say

Bullaholic
09-12-2010, 10:13 PM

Yep---hoping to get some good football replies as well as giving folks a chance to have some fun.....as Slpy obviously was doing.

trojandad
09-12-2010, 10:14 PM

Hey Celina, 3A Brownwood would wipe the floor with you. Your coaches know it and you should to.

i don't fear the massacre....i fear the possibility of procreation of more lil rockets.....:bigcry: :weeping: :bigcry:

orange machine
09-12-2010, 10:15 PM
4 times in a row!?? I wonder what the DF people would say

3 times an it wasnt in a row still a bad argument DF was the better team.

orange machine
09-12-2010, 10:16 PM

Rocket that is why you are such a nerd comments like that. :nerd:

WOS87
09-12-2010, 10:19 PM
3 times an it wasnt in a row still a bad argument DF was the better team.

I was assuming you inferred Celina was the better team... Gilmer owns DF though don't they?

orange machine
09-12-2010, 10:21 PM
I was assuming you inferred Celina was the better team

Heck no DF was better no bones about it. I think the 08 game we helped them to much and Celina had there chances, but they were the better team that night they won.

Rocket
09-12-2010, 10:23 PM
i don't fear the massacre....i fear the possibility of procreation of more lil rockets.....:bigcry: :weeping: :bigcry:

LOL it's easy to stay away from me huh? Apparently not...

Rocket
09-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Rocket that is why you are such a nerd comments like that. :nerd:

Yeah..truth hurts, huh?

I am curious...how come the game didn't happen? I know Brownwood wanted some. Not sure on the Celina side...Can one of you Ford Worshipers let me know? Thanks..

orange machine
09-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Yeah..truth hurts, huh?

My gosh did you finally admit something somone else said that was contrary to what you thought!!:eek:

Rocket
09-12-2010, 10:26 PM
My gosh did you finally admit something somone else said that was contrary to what you thought!!:eek:

I am curious...how come the game didn't happen? I know Brownwood wanted some. Not sure on the Celina side...Can one of you Ford Worshipers let me know? Thanks..

orange machine
09-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Yeah..truth hurts, huh?

I told yall Brownwood folks before Coach Ford wanted to play more games at home and not away or at nuteral site fields. Celina for the last few years have played games 3 hrs away or at nuteral sites. Playing on your home turf is nice you know. Not to mention i dont think anybody really thinks its worth yall driving to Celina and vice versa for a regular season game. Thats the reason if that not good enough then nothing will be.

bwdlionfan
09-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
probably shouldn't talk that way to the mods, but it was funny.

I'm not terribly afraid of punishment from a moderator on a message board. You make it sound like I talked down to my boss or something.

DDBooger
09-12-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm not terribly afraid of punishment from a moderator on a message board. You make it sound like I talked down to my boss or something. take it down a notch, I complimented you on its humor chief. :rolleyes:

Rocket
09-12-2010, 10:35 PM
I told yall Brownwood folks before Coach Ford wanted to play more games at home and not away or at nuteral site fields. Celina for the last few years have played games 3 hrs away or at nuteral sites. Playing on your home turf is nice you know. Not to mention i dont think anybody really thinks its worth yall driving to Celina and vice versa for a regular season game. Thats the reason if that not good enough then nothing will be.

CHICKEN

The Celina Theory (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96991&highlight=the+celina+theory)

slpybear the bullfan
09-12-2010, 10:35 PM

Lol, tell you what sport, go look up hyperbole in the big book of words.

Look up sarcasm too while your at it.

DDBooger
09-12-2010, 10:37 PM

Look up sarcasm too while your at it. You're not the boss of him.
:mad:

bwdlionfan
09-12-2010, 10:38 PM

Look up sarcasm too while your at it.

You might want to not read so much in to my post and look it up yourself. :rolleyes:

bwdlionfan
09-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
take it down a notch, I complimented you on its humor chief. :rolleyes:

I wasn't attacking you.... I was down playing the power of a mod

Don't take things so seriously

DDBooger
09-12-2010, 10:41 PM
I wasn't attacking you.... I was down playing the power of a mod

Don't take things so seriously sorry buddy, that applies to you! It wasn't me calling people morons.

(even though it was funny )

orange machine
09-12-2010, 10:44 PM
CHICKEN

The Celina Theory (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96991&highlight=the+celina+theory)

Envy boy you have alot of envy to spend that much time coming up with that. Thats not something that you just come up with off the top of your head envy!!!

By the way you say we play nobody, but the only team yall play in non dist. that is a top rated team is Sville and its pretty clear they are not near what they used to be. Lets see Celina's schedule this year. We play two teams that won state titles last year and the rest of the non dist. schedule was made up of playoff teams.

The last two years Celina played three state champs and a state runner up. Thats not a real weak schedule and this year is no different.

slpybear the bullfan
09-12-2010, 10:50 PM
You might want to not read so much in to my post and look it up yourself. :rolleyes:

You might guess I knew exactly who started this thread. And cracked a joke about all the boorish Brownwood talk from some of the Lion fans.

*yawn*

Matthew328
09-12-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm just gonna stay in Region 1 but I see two teams in Division 2 who IMO could make Brownwood sweat...

Snyder and Kennedale....don't see anyone else who IMO could stay with em...

In Region 2 Division 2 some teams who I think will be worthy of watching:

Argyle
Prosper
Texarkana Liberty-Eylau
Pittsburg
Carthage (if they can get the two defensive studs back)

Rocket
09-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I'm just gonna stay in Region 1 but I see two teams in Division 2 who IMO could make Brownwood sweat...

Snyder and Kennedale....don't see anyone else who IMO could stay with em...

In Region 2 Division 2 some teams who I think will be worthy of watching:

Argyle
Prosper
Texarkana Liberty-Eylau
Pittsburg
Carthage (if they can get the two defensive studs back)

I can't wait to watch it all unfold...

I hope we see some great games this season in the playoffs. Good luck to all...

LE Dad
09-12-2010, 11:23 PM
i don't fear the massacre....i fear the possibility of procreation of more lil rockets.....:bigcry: :weeping: :bigcry: LOL!!!:clap: :clap:

wimbo_pro
09-13-2010, 12:28 AM

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Keep saying the same thing, year in...year out, and you are bound to be correct eventually. I wonder if Rocket has been doing this since 1982? God knows he's been doing it since 2008...

orange machine
09-13-2010, 01:42 AM
I could just imagine Rocket as a liitle boy in 7th grade going out for football with his football pants falling off his waist and his knee pads touching his ankles and shoulder pads swallowing him. The coach puts him in at runningback to try him out the qb hands the ball to him and Rocket starts running in circles and backwards screaming the entire time and right before he gets hit he chucks the ball up in the air and getsplowed over. He starts crying and quits the team.

Rocket
09-13-2010, 02:12 AM
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Keep saying the same thing, year in...year out, and you are bound to be correct eventually. I wonder if Rocket has been doing this since 1982? God knows he's been doing it since 2008...

I never dreamed Brownwood would be this good. Lol

Again...
If you take me seriously, you are a fool.

ctown
09-13-2010, 08:04 AM
I never dreamed Brownwood would be this good. Lol

Again...
If you take me seriously, you are a fool.

I don't think people take you seriously. Most people are pretty good at spotting idiots. It's just a shame that someone like you can cause a lot of people to hope brownwood fails miserably to put sock in your mouth, if only temporarily. Luckily it has happened pretty early the last few years.

Bosqueville
09-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Good grief Ctown... What a drama queen you are. Don't you understand how boring this site would be with out Rocket? Don't you get it?

Brownwood State Bound!

LE Dad
09-13-2010, 08:19 AM
To whoever it was that started the thread on the other site about the B'wood posters.......:)

That was funny.... I only read it right after it was started and it was gone when I logged back on... but it was classic.:clap: :clap:

If you start another one I will post some Rocket pics!!!:D

Rocket
09-13-2010, 08:26 AM
I don't think people take you seriously. Most people are pretty good at spotting idiots. It's just a shame that someone like you can cause a lot of people to hope brownwood fails miserably to put sock in your mouth, if only temporarily. Luckily it has happened pretty early the last few years.

c?

ctown?

How secretive...

Someone like me? Someone who believes in their team and posts about it? Someone who will say something most are scared to say? Someone who believes their team can beat anybody in 3A? Hmmm, does that make me an idiot or a fan?

I could care less what you or anybody else thinks about me or what I post. The funny thing is someone like you who hides behind a vague screenname and posts whatever he wants with no accountability.

Trust me... I post stuff laughing at the reactions I am going to get. And if people hate a team because of one person, what kind of person does that make them? LOL Are you one of those? My opinion must matter a lot. It's like everybody has to put me in check...Bring it on.

2 Things:
1. I am not an idiot.
2. You are.

Eagle 1
09-13-2010, 08:41 AM
I could just imagine Rocket as a liitle boy in 7th grade going out for football with his football pants falling off his waist and his knee pads touching his ankles and shoulder pads swallowing him. The coach puts him in at runningback to try him out the qb hands the ball to him and Rocket starts running in circles and backwards screaming the entire time and right before he gets hit he chucks the ball up in the air and getsplowed over. He starts crying and quits the team.

:clap:

LE Dad
09-13-2010, 08:50 AM
c?

ctown?

How secretive...

Someone like me? Someone who believes in their team and posts about it? Someone who will say something most are scared to say? Someone who believes their team can beat anybody in 3A? Hmmm, does that make me an idiot or a fan?

I could care less what you or anybody else thinks about me or what I post. The funny thing is someone like you who hides behind a vague screenname and posts whatever he wants with no accountability.

Trust me... I post stuff laughing at the reactions I am going to get. And if people hate a team because of one person, what kind of person does that make them? LOL Are you one of those? My opinion must matter a lot. It's like everybody has to put me in check...Bring it on.

2 Things:
1. I am not an idiot.
2. You are. http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/LEDad_01/ugly-man-Rocketcopy.jpg

ctown
09-13-2010, 09:21 AM
c?

ctown?

How secretive...

2 Things:
1. I am not an idiot.
2. You are.

Ok Rodney,

You write idiotic things and in the absence of evidence to the contrary, that implies you would be an idiot.

Glad you felt inspired enough to write so much. In the end I don't care whether your team is successful or not. You don't hesitate to jump on and criticize teams you haven't played so pot, meet kettle.

One thing that is entertaining is to see you backed into a corner when your team doesn't deliver like it hasn't done since you popped into 3A again. No answer for that one huh?

If Brownwood losing helps put you in your place, I hope they loose every game from here out. And yes, 2A Daingerfield would blow Brownwood up.

STANG RED
09-13-2010, 09:31 AM
LOL, Rocket man, you crack me up. You do keep things entertaining for sure. Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

As for the rest of you guys. Dont you know that a fire just keeps flairing up everytime you throw gasoline on it? I'm sure Rocket just kicks back and howls with laughter after reading some of the posts he gets back. He just keeps throwing out the bait, and some of you just cant resist taking it hook, line, and sinker. :doh:

DaHop72
09-13-2010, 09:34 AM
....... I am very disappointed in you my friend.:D :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

PPSTATEBOUND
09-13-2010, 09:39 AM
After watching the game Friday, I will say neither PP nor Celina could stay on the same field with Brownwood of 2010.

Bullaholic
09-13-2010, 09:39 AM
LOL, Rocket man, you crack me up. You do keep things entertaining for sure. Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

As for the rest of you guys. Dont you know that a fire just keeps flairing up everytime you throw gasoline on it? I'm sure Rocket just kicks back and howls with laughter after reading some of the posts he gets back. He just keeps throwing out the bait, and some of you just cant resist taking it hook, line, and sinker. :doh:

Shhhhhhhhh! You're scaring the fish, Stang....:D

BwdLions
09-13-2010, 09:57 AM
I can honestly say reading page after page of this stuff is very entertaining. :smoker:

jockcity33
09-13-2010, 10:00 AM
I think the Dallas Cowboys could stay on the field with them for a half or so, but the Lions would eventually pull away.

wimbo_pro
09-13-2010, 10:04 AM
I can honestly say reading page after page of this stuff is very entertaining. :smoker:

It is, isnt it BwdLions? LOL

Eagle 1
09-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Why is it the smallest guy in the bar always start the fights?:confused:

DaHop72
09-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Ira Bulldogs ;) ;)

ctown
09-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Yes I know it's just fuel on the fire but deep down inside you know Rodney wants a title so bad it hurts. He wouldn't post like he does if he didn't. I'll toss some fuel from time to time knowing it doesn't do much more than draw him out for more. If brownwood does implode I'll pile on as much as he does when celina doesn't meet expectations.

As for PPstatebound, your excuse you posted elsewhere for the game Friday was lame. Celina D is not up to where it should be so don't comfort yourself by saying how your boys did great in spite of your numbers and our great D. PP couldn't even hold us under 60 with 3 int and a fumble lost.

Rocket
09-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Yes I know it's just fuel on the fire but deep down inside you know Rodney wants a title so bad it hurts. He wouldn't post like he does if he didn't. I'll toss some fuel from time to time knowing it doesn't do much more than draw him out for more. If brownwood does implode I'll pile on as much as he does when celina doesn't meet expectations.

As for PPstatebound, your excuse you posted elsewhere for the game Friday was lame. Celina D is not up to where it should be so don't comfort yourself by saying how your boys did great in spite of your numbers and our great D. PP couldn't even hold us under 60 with 3 int and a fumble lost.

Of course I want a title...

I am not buying the Daingerfield stuff. I am sure they are very good. I don't see them having an answer for all of our weapons. Celina is not even close to Brownwood's level, and I am not the only one that would say that. When was the last time Celina beat a Top 10 4A?

Hey wimbo- you say I say the same thing every year and one year it is bound to happen? Funny how it only took 3 in 3A... Like it is just so out there to think Brownwood could ever be what I claim them to be? I will say it again... if we had Brown last year, we are playing for #9 right now. So naturally, I am going to think we are the best...and answer me two questions...

1. Who is the #1 team in 3A right now?
2. When was the last time Celina, Wimberley, and LE were ranked #1? Was it less or more than 3 years ago? LOL

Rocket
09-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Ok Rodney,

You write idiotic things and in the absence of evidence to the contrary, that implies you would be an idiot.

Glad you felt inspired enough to write so much. In the end I don't care whether your team is successful or not. You don't hesitate to jump on and criticize teams you haven't played so pot, meet kettle.

One thing that is entertaining is to see you backed into a corner when your team doesn't deliver like it hasn't done since you popped into 3A again. No answer for that one huh?

If Brownwood losing helps put you in your place, I hope they loose every game from here out. And yes, 2A Daingerfield would blow Brownwood up.

Give me some examples of idiotic things I post. And I always own up to the crow. I am still here and you are still my puppet.

trojandad
09-13-2010, 11:57 AM

lol

LE Dad
09-13-2010, 12:00 PM

2. When was the last time Celina, Wimberley, and LE were ranked #1? Was it less or more than 3 years ago? LOL Seeing as the three teams in #2 have , what... 11 titles:)... and I don't know about the other 2, but LE wasn't ranked either time in the regular season....

So I guess when you crawl back to Hobbs you can at least say "at least we were ranked #1"
:)

Of course they don't give your team a trophy for that.:thinking: :rolleyes:

So in reality question 1 has no relevence and anyone who supports a team that has had any success cares very little about polls.:p

Just sayin...:devil:

BwdLion73
09-13-2010, 12:00 PM

:thinking: :D That brings back memories, but I was too scared to quit or cry.:D :D :D

garciap77
09-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
I say this is Broownwood year.I think its more pressure for them to win it all on themselves.According to their fans nobody can beat Brownwood.It sure will be dissapointing if they dont win it all.They dropped down to 3A with a D1 Reciever its all there no excuses...If you dont win it this year in 3A I think your enrollment is to high for 2A for next alignment..

LOL

LE Dad
09-13-2010, 12:11 PM
I can't wait to watch it all unfold...

I hope we see some great games this season in the playoffs. Good luck to all... Wow!!! missed this one and it might be the smartest thing....

Who am I kidding! It is the smartest thing you have EVER posted!!!:D

garciap77
09-13-2010, 12:16 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Good example; Decatur in 2004! First game Decatur 44 Wylie 7, plalyoff Wylie 14 Decatur 13!

Rocket
09-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

Good example; Decatur in 2004! First game Decatur 44 Wylie 7, plalyoff Wylie 14 Decatur 13!

Brownwood 37
Graham 7
FINAL

Rocket
09-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Wow!!! missed this one and it might be the smartest thing....

Who am I kidding! It is the smartest thing you have EVER posted!!!:D

I will give you this, LE Dad... you are my favorite puppet.

garciap77
09-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Answer the question this thread asked with more than the "in the past"... Give me a team name that will beat Brownwood and why. You get on Brownwood for talking about the past and all you got is the past... Be real, wannabe.

Who could beat or give Brownwood a game?

WYLIE!!!!!!!!!!:D

Rocket
09-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Seeing as the three teams in #2 have , what... 11 titles:)... and I don't know about the other 2, but LE wasn't ranked either time in the regular season....

So I guess when you crawl back to Hobbs you can at least say "at least we were ranked #1"

Of course they don't give your team a trophy for that.:thinking: :rolleyes:

So in reality question 1 has no relevence and anyone who supports a team that has had any success cares very little about polls.:p

Just sayin...:devil:

You are talking about number of titles? LOL You have 2 you wannabe...Long ago, just not as long ago as Brownwood. :rolleyes:

Just talking about respect. Polls are nothing but a respect thing. They don't mean anything, but everybody knows the rankings and everybody is always ranking. If rankings aren't important, then they should be done away with. I know they don't ever determine the outcome of a game and I am not for one second hanging my hat on a #1 Ranking.

Just asking, if these teams are so big and bad, why is it so easy for SORRY Brownwood to drop to 3A and within 3 years be the #1 team and a favorite to win it all? People always give me a hard time cuz we haven't won a title yet..but let's look at the facts...

Since Brownwood dropped to 3A, even in our 2008 disaster, we were still feared and respected every Friday night. In 2009, we rolled with a 3rd String Qb and major injuries for half the season. In 2010, we are #1 and the Favorite. If we win it all, my point is proven. If we don't, it was a fun ride!

garciap77
09-13-2010, 12:29 PM

LOL

Rocket
09-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Who could beat or give Brownwood a game?

WYLIE!!!!!!!!!!:D

Brownwood 37
Graham 7
Final

garciap77
09-13-2010, 12:31 PM

Celina
2005 2A State Champs
2006 3A State Finalist
2007 3A State Champs
2008 3A State Finalists

garciap77
09-13-2010, 12:40 PM

It's never too early for Rocket to start calling Brownwood state champs! He started right after the realignment that put them in 3A!:D

;)

garciap77
09-13-2010, 12:46 PM

LOL

Rocket
09-13-2010, 12:49 PM
It's never too early for Rocket to start calling Brownwood state champs! He started right after the realignment that put them in 3A!:D

;)

Well since Wylie couldn't pee a drop in the finals last year, let's see if we can get it done...:rolleyes:

I have been calling Brownwood State Champs every year for as long as I can remember...lol

spaniard
09-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
true. refresh my memory...how many state championships did they win? ;)

ssshhhhh!! enough bringing up horrifying memories! hehe:doh:

garciap77
09-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Well since Wylie couldn't pee a drop in the finals last year, let's see if we can get it done...:rolleyes:

I hope you get it done, but only after we beat you in week ten!:D :D :D

Rocket
09-13-2010, 12:55 PM

How big a' boy are ya? :rolleyes:

wimbo_pro
If we win it all, my point is proven.

no matter what happens, I get the feeling you'll say your point is proven. It's like arguing with the wife.

gatordaze

I am not buying the Daingerfield stuff. I am sure they are very good. I don't see them having an answer for all of our weapons. Celina is not even close to Brownwood's level, and I am not the only one that would say that. When was the last time Celina beat a Top 10 4A?

Hey wimbo- you say I say the same thing every year and one year it is bound to happen? Funny how it only took 3 in 3A... Like it is just so out there to think Brownwood could ever be what I claim them to be? I will say it again... if we had Brown last year, we are playing for #9 right now. So naturally, I am going to think we are the best...and answer me two questions...

2. When was the last time Celina, Wimberley, and LE were ranked #1? Was it less or more than 3 years ago? LOL

I do believe that Brownwood is the most potent team in 3A this year. I alao believe that Celina can "stay on the field" with them as I think we are better offensively than we were 2 years ago when we "stayed on the field" with Carthage. In fact we led the game at half time. The Carthage offense had a huge line a very capable QB and what some describe as a RB that will be in the same league as Adrian Petersen.

If I had to compare them to what I have seen and heard about Brownwood, I would say that the Brownwood QB/WR combination is less lethal than the Carthage RB game two years ago. I coached the 7 on 7 game against Bwood and without a doubt their was nothing short of a blitz that would have prevented a connection witrh Shipley. I knew as did everyone else. The good news for Celina is they let you blitz in the fall.

As for real football, this is the best Oline and balanced offense that I have seen and many think it may be the best ever in Celina. They are averaging 58 points and 535 yards per game. The only reason that we have even punted is our successful attempt in developing a passing attack. Had we run exclusively we would have shortened the game, and althoug scored fewer points, we would have limited the available time for the opponent to score. Don't be surprised if this does not become the strategy moving forward.

We only have 1 player playing both ways at WR and CB other than that we are deeper than we have ever been. Our most experienced Olineman does not return until district and may not have a spot the way that the line is playing. When he does return we will have 2 future D1 caliber underclassman on that line and average 6'3" 255 lbs acroos the board. Curently 6 RB's have contributed equally and we have not shown anything beyond vanilla play calling. Unless you have 2-3 stud dlineman, this offense along with our offensive run philiosphy will be a mismatch that is near impossible to stop.

I think anyone proficient in the passing game will put yards and points up. I do not think that anyone other than a scambling QB off play action will be able to run on the D. All Celina will need is a few stops a game, control the clock, and the opponents opportunities and they will be very tough to beat.

The good news for Celina is that all the big talkers are in D2 or offensive oriented with comparitively weak D's. I want to know who has this best D in D1. That is who should keep the Bobcats up at night. Otherwise they wont be outscored!

I think we can "stay on the field" with Bwood!

Rocket
09-13-2010, 12:56 PM
I hope you get it done, but only after we beat you in week ten!:D :D :D

Now you are starting to sound like me... LOL
If you can't beat the likes of Graham, you are toast come Week 10. Remember, we are getting better each week, as well....LOL

Rocket
09-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
I do believe that Brownwood is the most potent team in 3A this year. I alao believe that Celina can "stay on the field" with them as I think we are better offensively than we were 2 years ago when we "stayed on the field" with Carthage. In fact we led the game at half time. The Carthage offense had a huge line a very capable QB and what some describe as a RB that will be in the same league as Adrian Petersen.

If I had to compare them to what I have seen and heard about Brownwood, I would say that the Brownwood QB/WR combination is less lethal than the Carthage RB game two years ago. I coached the 7 on 7 game against Bwood and without a doubt their was nothing short of a blitz that would have prevented a connection witrh Shipley. I knew as did everyone else. The good news for Celina is they let you blitz in the fall.

As for real football, this is the best Oline and balanced offense that I have seen and many think it may be the best ever in Celina. They are averaging 58 points and 535 yards per game. The only reason that we have even punted is our successful attempt in developing a passing attack. Had we run exclusively we would have shortened the game, and althoug scored fewer points, we would have limited the available time for the opponent to score. Don't be surprised if this does not become the strategy moving forward.

We only have 1 player playing both ways at WR and CB other than that we are deeper than we have ever been. Our most experienced Olineman does not return until district and may not have a spot the way that the line is playing. When he does return we will have 2 future D1 caliber underclassman on that line and average 6'3" 255 lbs acroos the board. Curently 6 RB's have contributed equally and we have not shown anything beyond vanilla play calling. Unless you have 2-3 stud dlineman, this offense along with our offensive run philiosphy will be a mismatch that is near impossible to stop.

I think anyone proficient in the passing game will put yards and points up. I do not think that anyone other than a scambling QB off play action will be able to run on the D. All Celina will need is a few stops a game, control the clock, and the opponents opportunities and they will be very tough to beat.

The good news for Celina is that all the big talkers are in D2 or offensive oriented with comparitively weak D's. I want to know who has this best D in D1. That is who should keep the Bobcats up at night. Otherwise they wont be outscored!

Ask Gatesville how that 7 on 7 comparison worked out for them on the field on Friday night. They actually beat us. ;)

If your coaches had any guts, we wouldn't have to what if this thing, we could see it played out. Until then, it's your opinion verses mine.

If something crazy happens and we do go D1, it will be a HECK of a game and could draw at least 30,000. Jerry's World...

ctown
09-13-2010, 01:01 PM

Rankings don't mean a whole lot other than to put a broad group at the top. You may be number one till you loose. At that point it really doesn't matter, does it??

A more appropriate question would be When was the last time Celina won/went to state. The answer is won 3 yrs ago, went but lost 2 yrs ago. There are boys on this team that have a ring from a title game that they actually played in. They really don't care what the final ranking was. I am sure the team that Finished with a #1 rank but didn't win state doesn't care either.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Brownwood 2010 3A D1 State champs.

gatordaze
09-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Brownwood 2010 3A D1 State champs.

AW and Big Spring both miss the playoffs this year? Or do we just default both division titles to Bwood?

gatordaze
09-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Ask Gatesville how that 7 on 7 comparison worked out for them on the field on Friday night. They actually beat us. ;)

If your coaches had any guts, we wouldn't have to what if this thing, we could see it played out. Until then, it's your opinion verses mine.

If something crazy happens and we do go D1, it will be a HECK of a game and could draw at least 30,000. Jerry's World...

How would guts make us D2 or you D1? Do you think we should have sceduled you for pre-district?

jason
09-13-2010, 01:15 PM

If something crazy happens and we do go D1, it will be a HECK of a game and could draw at least 30,000. Jerry's World... maybe if you add up all of the attendance counts for all of the games of the triple header that day....

Tin Cup
09-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Gatordaze,

Is celina blitzing these teams that are putting up so many points and yards against your D? If you say that's all it takes to stop Brownwood you need to come watch a game. I'm sure celina is really good I can't say otherwise bc I haven't seen yal play. Ever. But until you watch us please don't pretend you know what this years team is all about

Gsquared
09-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Good luck to ya if you bring the house against Brownwood.

Tin Cup
09-13-2010, 01:19 PM
P.S. Any team comparing this team to '08 or '09 will get "stephenvilleized". Just ask them :D

Rocket
09-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
P.S. Any team comparing this team to '08 or '09 will get "stephenvilleized". Just ask them :D

Wylie still doesn't know what's coming at the end of District.

Rocket
09-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Good luck to ya if you bring the house against Brownwood.

+1

G2, I am interested in your thoughts on Brownwood. I know you are pretty unbiased and have a good handle on the overall scope of 3A. More than most... What did you think?

Rocket
09-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by jason
maybe if you add up all of the attendance counts for all of the games of the triple header that day....

I don't know, man... I think it would bring a lot of people out... Brownwood can pack a Home Side at a nice sized stadium late in the playoffs. Brownwood fans from the last 40 years will come out of the woodworks to watch the games. In 2002, we saw it at Coppell in the Semi's...

Not real sure it would reach 30k, but it would draw a BIG crowd.

Rocket
09-13-2010, 01:28 PM
How would guts make us D2 or you D1? Do you think we should have sceduled you for pre-district?

We tried to schedule you. Your coaches didn't have the guts.

Gsquared
09-13-2010, 01:32 PM
+1

G2, I am interested in your thoughts on Brownwood. I know you are pretty unbiased and have a good handle on the overall scope of 3A. More than most... What did you think?
I think Brownwood was very very solid. I dont think as a DC you can game plan to shut Brownwood down. They can run the football behind a great O-Line. They obviously can throw the ball. I think Longoria and that rec # 4 are two of the best football players I have seen this year. Then there is Shipley, theres nothing else I can say about him but wow!!! Brownwood defensive line is really good. Shipley and Longoria are dangerous on defense as well. A LEGIT number one team.

Rocket
09-13-2010, 01:42 PM
I think Brownwood was very very solid. I dont think as a DC you can game plan to shut Brownwood down. They can run the football behind a great O-Line. They obviously can throw the ball. I think Longoria and that rec # 4 are two of the best football players I have seen this year. Then there is Shipley, theres nothing else I can say about him but wow!!! Brownwood defensive line is really good. Shipley and Longoria are dangerous on defense as well. A LEGIT number one team.

Gsquared
09-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Dont get to high on the Lions just yet Rocket, they gotta play that FT Worth Allsaints school and they got god on thier side! :p

PPSTATEBOUND
09-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Gatordaze,

Is celina blitzing these teams that are putting up so many points and yards against your D? If you say that's all it takes to stop Brownwood you need to come watch a game. I'm sure celina is really good I can't say otherwise bc I haven't seen yal play. Ever. But until you watch us please don't pretend you know what this years team is all about

The answer is yes..They managed to bring Our QB Price down 4 times for losses I believe. Good pressure D.

gatordaze
09-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Gatordaze,

No that is not what I was saying. I never mentioned stopping Bwoods O. What I meant was that this summer everyone on the field knew that Shipley was going to get the 3rd down pass and that there was nothing that could be done about it especially in light of the fact that you cannot blitz. The passing game is lower perventage and the potential for a stop or two is greater than in a power running game and therefore I think that Celinas O angainst Bwoods D has abetter chance at a stop or two than the other way around.

The statement was made by someone that Celina could not stay on the field with Brownwood and that may be true. I was pointing out that I do not beleive that the current high powered teams are particularly defensive minded and that Celina when playing to shorten the game will be hard to beat as we have a very strong running game.

I think that you would agreee that two teams passing draw out the game and makes for more plays. We have been working on the passing game this year early and every game has gone 30% longer and has accounted for 50-60 plays for each side. When Celina plays their ground it out game they control the clock and limit the total number of plays and thus scoring opportunity for the opponent.

Last season we were eliminated by a lack of offensive power and a 1 deminsional QB due to injury. We held kennedale to 63 yards of offense and lost! This year we are younger and a bit weaker on pass D but immeasurable stronger on O. I do not see anyone without a few stud DT's and DE's holding Celina to 3 and out if we just pound the rock.

Shortened game against a passing team with an average to good defense favors Celina. If Bwood has a run stopping D and a pass happy O, Celina is in trouble. Don't hear much chest beating about defense coming from Rocket so it must not be the case. So far we have allowed the game to lengthen in order to develop some balance that may be needed if our opponents load up the box.

Bull Moose
09-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Prestonwood and Pilot Point both have very very good offenses and both will win alot of games this year.

Is celina blitzing these teams that are putting up so many points and yards against your D? If you say that's all it takes to stop Brownwood you need to come watch a game. I'm sure celina is really good I can't say otherwise bc I haven't seen yal play. Ever. But until you watch us please don't pretend you know what this years team is all about [/B][/QUOTE]

BwdLions
09-13-2010, 01:54 PM

Your wisdom is beyond explanation Gsquared. :vrycnfsd:

Gsquared
09-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Your wisdom is beyond explanation Gsquared. :vrycnfsd:
Haha thanks, the $ 20 is in the mail!

Bullaholic
09-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Haha thanks, the $ 20 is in the mail!

Rocket would crawl on his belly thru a mile of broken glass to smell Brownwood flowers, G2. :D Good eyewitness report.

Rocket
09-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Big Country Game of the Week Video Bwd-Sville (http://www.reporternews.com/videos/detail/big-country-game-week-week-2/)

Brownwood Bulletin Highlights Bwd-Sville (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de56W9_ClB4&feature=player_embedded)

KTXS Highlights Bwd-Sville (http://www.ktxs.com/sports/24959203/detail.html)

Take a look at what's coming to a stadium near you...

Rocket
09-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Rocket would crawl on his belly thru a mile of broken glass to smell Brownwood flowers, G2. :D Good eyewitness report.

Yeah, G2 supports the cause. WE ARE LEGIT.

Bullaholic
09-13-2010, 02:19 PM

Meaning the Lions AND you? :D

LE Dad
09-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Big Country Game of the Week Video Bwd-Sville (http://www.reporternews.com/videos/detail/big-country-game-week-week-2/)

Brownwood Bulletin Highlights Bwd-Sville (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de56W9_ClB4&feature=player_embedded)

KTXS Highlights Bwd-Sville (http://www.ktxs.com/sports/24959203/detail.html)

Take a look at what's coming to a stadium near you... :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Eagle 1
09-13-2010, 05:06 PM
How big a' boy are ya? :rolleyes:
Let's just say if I put two feet on the scale, it will probably more than double your weight. ;)

I never mentioned any names, so I must have hit a nerve. :confused:

Eagle 1
09-13-2010, 05:08 PM

Very good post and not a bunch of http://i56.tinypic.com/212xuso.gif

gatordaze
09-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Very good post and not a bunch of http://i56.tinypic.com/212xuso.gif

Thanks but all it usually gets me is the last post in a thread.

My boys call me TK for thread killer!

MoveInDad
09-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Just didn't want your last post to be the killer... thanks for the posts.
You're right of course, I think Celina could just run every down if they wanted, but Stephenson needs to throw a lot more balls in game situations as we saw Friday... there were some GREAT catches made, and he needs to either tuck it or throw it away when he doesn't have a man open.
It is as you said, a bit of a chess game these first few weeks to see what we got and develop what we need.

Pendragon13
09-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I think Brownwood was very very solid. I dont think as a DC you can game plan to shut Brownwood down. They can run the football behind a great O-Line. They obviously can throw the ball. I think Longoria and that rec # 4 are two of the best football players I have seen this year. Then there is Shipley, theres nothing else I can say about him but wow!!! Brownwood defensive line is really good. Shipley and Longoria are dangerous on defense as well. A LEGIT number one team. Are they on the same level as last years Gilmer team who dominated every team they played from day one until the final gun in December?

JJWalker
09-13-2010, 06:03 PM

Brownwood may not be illegitimate.

http://ephemerist.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/bozo.jpg

However, I just heard this guy say, "Rocket ... I am your father!"

Kid Ice
09-13-2010, 06:07 PM

All of that sounds great accept for this looming question. What happens when Celina goes down 14-0 in the 1st Quarter. Then what? I'm sure Stephenville felt the same way you did with their run heavy offense. Five yards a pop isn't gonna dig you out of the hole Brownwood can put you in. Just like Mike Tyson used to say "Everybody has a plan until they get hit". There is no way Celina can sustain drives against our defense consistently and stop our offense consistently. Anyone have any real logic other than past successes? I'm not very interested in how good you think ya'll are based on what you saw 2 years ago. I'm interested in real facts based on playing quality opponents. Not wins over private schools and 2A's.

Tin Cup
09-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Good point kid. When we went up 2 scores sville had no answer. They had 2 completions in the 2nd half. :cool:

Rocket
09-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Are they on the same level as last years Gilmer team who dominated every team they played from day one until the final gun in December?

Brownwood could be MORE dominant than Gilmer.

fresh-j
09-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Are they on the same level as last years Gilmer team who dominated every team they played from day one until the final gun in December?

Nope. Not yet. That's a tough team to compare to though. I'm not sure if they'll get to that level, but that's why they play the game

Kid Ice
09-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Good point kid. When we went up 2 scores sville had no answer. They had 2 completions in the 2nd half. :cool:

Exactly, when you are 1 dimensional, it's only a matter of time until a team stops your bread and butter and you have no plan B. Celina was a good champion, but there time is past, I wish them luck. Brownwood is a look at the future.

hollywood
09-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Kid Ice
All of that sounds great accept for this looming question. What happens when Celina goes down 14-0 in the 1st Quarter. Then what? I'm sure Stephenville felt the same way you did with their run heavy offense. Five yards a pop isn't gonna dig you out of the hole Brownwood can put you in. Just like Mike Tyson used to say "Everybody has a plan until they get hit". There is no way Celina can sustain drives against our defense consistently and stop our offense consistently. Anyone have any real logic other than past successes? I'm not very interested in how good you think ya'll are based on what you saw 2 years ago. I'm interested in real facts based on playing quality opponents. Not wins over private schools and 2A's.

LMBO. the Mike Tyson comment is hilarious. Good point. Celina is in it's own little world and thinks just because they can cram it down little 2A and weak 3A teams throat, they can take on the world!

orange machine
09-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Exactly, when you are 1 dimensional, it's only a matter of time until a team stops your bread and butter and you have no plan B. Celina was a good champion, but there time is past, I wish them luck. Brownwood is a look at the future.

I dont believe Celina is one dimensional at all. I think what Gator is saying is that if Celina wanted to they could run the ball all night and never throw a pass the run game is that good. Celina has the best oline i have ever seen they are strong and quick and there is not a little one out there. As far as the passing game goes this is the best passing team i have seen in Celina and it will do nothing, but get better.

On the defense said of the ball the d can stop the run no problem its the long passes that seem to hurt Celina the most. When i say long passes i mean the d will stuff the offense into a 3rd and long and it never fails that the other team throws a deep pass and gets the first down to extend the drive or they score. No offense as of yet has driven the ball down the field on the defense just the big play right now is a killer, but it will get worked out.

Also other than Ranchview in the season opener Celina would have lost last year to Prestonwood and Pilot Point big difference in the two teams.

MoveInDad
09-13-2010, 06:38 PM

Somehow you missed the point COMPLETELY... I don't have time to get the stats right now but Celina has rolled up over 500 yards every game, last week I think it was 255 yds running and 263 passing. The point is they could run EVERY play the way they have been moving the ball on the ground, choking off the clock and the spread offenses we've faced the last 2 weeks, 3 including Ranchview but they couldn't pass they're way out of a paper bag, but Celina has chosen to balance the attack as they know that is what will be required to make the deep run in the playoffs.

As Gatordaze said, the team is very deep at the skilled positions, with perhaps a few surprises still to emerge... wish I could post more, but gotta run.

charlesrixey
09-13-2010, 06:47 PM
give rocket a break. this may be his only chance for the next thirty years to witness another championship team. When his team loses again before the semis and the team that beats his doesn't win the title then he can complain that Brownwood would've beaten "x" region 2 or 3 team if they had had the chance.

He has nothing to lose. So arguing with him won't help. It is quite obvious that Brownwood is the best team at this point in the season, but rocket will keep talking regardless.

I know Brownwood doesn't like talking about two years ago because they were 3-7 two years ago. Celina played in four consecutive title games prior to last season, 3 after moving up from 2A. Brownwood didn't play for a district title in 3A until last year. I don't think Celina matches up well with Brownwood yet but it's not because they are one-dimensional. But until i see them play a top ten defense in 3A (which by the way Celina is not one of them) i will still have questions.

It is also funny to hear so much about the "future" in Brownwood, especially when everyone is focusing on how wonderful shipley is. I am ecstatic that he will be at Texas next year but Brownwood is 16-10 in 3A so far (including this year).

I congratulate Brownwood on their accomplishments so far and hope he stays healthy as Colt couldn't, because win or lose its always good to know who is best without a doubt. And i wish Brownwood all the success in the world (as long as they don't play Celina) but the season has barely begun and the time for anointing is not now.

Eagle 1
09-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Comparing Celina's running game to Stephenville's is like comparing apple to oranges.
Celina will not pound you with just one back, I assure you that.
Having said that, Brownwoods passing game is not one dimensional.
They have plenty of receivers to move the ball around.
I would love to see these two hookup.

Kid Ice
09-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Here is the funniest thing of all: All of this could have been put to rest but Celina will never schedule a team like Brownwood in pre-district. Why is that? I'm going to have to cite Rocket's Celina Theory for the answer. Celina will roll up all of these great numbers against average teams and talk about how great they are. Celina had their chance this year to play Brownwood but just like always they come up with a lame excuse. The reason we are so high on Brownwood THIS YEAR is because of how well we are playing against quality teams, especially in a rivalry game. We could have settled this on the field where it belongs. That's what Brownwood was ready to do. Who gives a crap about last year or 2 years ago. We are basing this smack talk on the here and now. I'll ask again, does anyone have a resume' that supports them being able to hang with the best in 3A? Anybody? No using last year or 2 years ago. What have you done this year? Who have you played? We won't know if Celina is legit until Round 4 of the playoffs because they were too scared to settle it on the field. Mark my words, the traditional powerhouses will continue to fall because they are doing what always worked for them. One of these days, the power running game, no matter how good it is, won't be enough anymore. Regardless of how many "weapons" at running back you have.

ctown
09-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Here is the funniest thing of all: All of this could have been put to rest but Celina will never schedule a team like Brownwood in pre-district. Why is that? I'm going to have to cite Rocket's Celina Theory for the answer. Celina will roll up all of these great numbers against average teams and talk about how great they are. Celina had their chance this year to play Brownwood but just like always they come up with a lame excuse. The reason we are so high on Brownwood THIS YEAR is because of how well we are playing against quality teams, especially in a rivalry game. We could have settled this on the field where it belongs. That's what Brownwood was ready to do. Who gives a crap about last year or 2 years ago. We are basing this smack talk on the here and now. I'll ask again, does anyone have a resume' that supports them being able to hang with the best in 3A? Anybody? No using last year or 2 years ago. What have you done this year? Who have you played? We won't know if Celina is legit until Round 4 of the playoffs because they were too scared to settle it on the field. Mark my words, the traditional powerhouses will continue to fall because they are doing what always worked for them. One of these days, the power running game, no matter how good it is, won't be enough anymore. Regardless of how many "weapons" at running back you have.

Blah, blah, blah. Celina would beat you like a dog with this year's team. How that for a current and up to date statement. Your program is mediocre till proven otherwise. But go ahead and pre-order your ring. :inlove:

charlesrixey
09-13-2010, 08:04 PM

lol

all this after three games?

No one ever knows Celina is legit until round 4 of the playoffs, and yet they seem to do a good job of proving they are good once they get there. They have played in the Quarterfinals every year since 1995 other than 96, 02, 03 and 09. They are 8-2 in those games. In 3A, they are 3-0 in those games and 3-0 against West Texas teams in the semifinals in the last four years. Brownwood hasn't advanced that far yet, but i think ya'll will this year, and like i said i think you would match up well against our defense (although i doubt we will be in the same division). You played exceptionally well against a great Stephenville team, but Graham is not a top ten team this year, just like the teams on our schedule aren't. Looks like Celina may just have to wait until the playoffs this year, but if you think a power running game is all we have then you must be confusing us with last year.

Celina doesn't have to schedule top ten teams in pre-district because we usually play them anyway in the playoffs. You played a lot of top ten teams over the last two years and went 13-10 and 2-1 in the playoffs. Good for you.

Once again, you have played three games, including one against a very good team in Stephenville and won. You have a tremendous wide receiver. But it is only three games. I can say that Carthage losing to Chapel Hill won't matter a bit, nor will it affect their gameplay should they be playing against you fourteen weeks from now. Celina was 1-3 and ended up beating undefeated Liberty Hill 40-12 two years ago; anything can happen over the course of a season.

The only difference between this year and the last two years when Brownwood fans talked a lot about preseason rankings is that this year the Lions are 3-0 for the first time. A lot of people think they are very good, including me. But it would sad for you to assume that every team is afraid of Brownwood after three weeks.

Rocket
09-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Blah, blah, blah. Celina would beat you like a dog with this year's team. How that for a current and up to date statement. Your program is mediocre till proven otherwise. But go ahead and pre-order your ring. :inlove:

Mediocre? LOL

Now you sound like me! Pot, meet kettle. You and your Celina has beens are a big joke. Oh and let me know who the #1 team is again? Sure isn't Celina...and for good reason.

Rocket
09-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Hey Chucky,

I would pick Stephenville over Celina all day long. They could def shut your running game down. No doubt. Our secondary is good enough to shut your mediocre passing game down, as well. If you get in that 14-21 point hole, Brownwood wins.

What has Celina done lately? Did they beat a state finalist last year? Lol

You talk about the past more than we do!

Have fun the rest of the season and good luck. ;)

gatordaze
09-13-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm not very interested in how good you think ya'll are based on what you saw 2 years ago. I'm interested in real facts based on playing quality opponents. Not wins over private schools and 2A's.

Here is a real fact for you....If your aunt had balls she would be your uncle! Unless AW AND Big Spring miss the playoffs all of this conversation is mental masturbation as Brownwood and Celina cannot meet in the playoffs! Celina can only go D1!

Are you dense? I asked what D1 potential teams have a run stoppoing defense and all you want to talk about is what happens when Celina goes down 14 in the first quarter of this years game against Brownwood. That will happen when hell freezes over as best I can tell.

You would not know a quality opponent if it bit you as there are not any in your region. I can however as as over the past 10 years we have been or have played against more state champions than probably anyone in the state. Here is the list:

1999 Celina
2000 Celina
2001 Celina
2003 Gilmer
2004 Crawford
2005 Celina
2006 Liberty Hill
2007 Celina
2008 Carthage, Propser, Daingerfield
2009 Daingerfield

This year we have already played 2 defending champions in PP and PCA.

You have not sniffed a championship since REO Speedwagon was playing on your 8 track. The most points any Bwood team has mustered for a season is 501. This years Celina team is on a pace to pass that before district is out! You are self-proclaimed world beaters, congratulations. Anyone that thinks Celina's time has passed is dreaming.

BEAST
09-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Gatordaze, I enjoyed meeting you over the summer, however, you are wrong. We just played a very good Sville team and did the danky. We would beat you guys as well. It's just the way it is.

BEAST

Rocket
09-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Gatordaze, I enjoyed meeting you over the summer, however, you are wrong. We just played a very good Sville team and did the danky. We would beat you guys as well. It's just the way it is.

BEAST

Hey Beast,

Isn't it funny how these used to be's hold on to the past and then say we haven't done anything since the past?

Gatoraids is sadly mistaken. He has his head so far up Fords rear he can't even sniff daylight.

Defending State Champs in high school means nothing. Let me explain. It's called graduation. This isn't the pros... You don't always have the same team back. Get a freakin' clue..

BEAST
09-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Hey Beast,

Isn't it funny how these used to be's hold on to the past and then say we haven't done anything since the past?

Gatoraids is sadly mistaken. He has his head so far up Fords rear he can't even sniff daylight.

I'll say this, I do find it funny that all the other posters can talk about what their teams did years ago, but if we do it, we are has beens. If we win it this year, they'll call it Brownwoods comeback. It won't be a comeback, we've always played solid.

BEAST

JJWalker
09-13-2010, 08:31 PM
I can't wait until some scrub team beats both of y'all this season. I just want it to hold off until the playoffs.

That way we all will know that neither of your little programs will ever really factor into the state picture again.

Not that Brownwood has factored into the state picture in any significance in recent history anyways. However, I'll give lil C some credit for having a program that stepped up and put its money where its fans mouths were.

Eagle 1
09-13-2010, 08:36 PM
I'll say this, I do find it funny that all the other posters can talk about what their teams did years ago, but if we do it, we are has beens. If we win it this year, they'll call it Brownwoods comeback. It won't be a comeback, we've always played solid.
BEAST

The difference is if you still own the same car you drove when Brownwood last won a SC, you can register it as antique vehicle.

Rocket
09-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
I can't wait until some scrub team beats both of y'all this season. I just want it to hold off until the playoffs.

That way we all will know that neither of your little programs will ever really factor into the state picture again.

Not that Brownwood has factored into the state picture in any significance in recent history anyways. However, I'll give lil C some credit for having a program that stepped up and put its money where its fans mouths were.

Who is gonna beat us JJ? Do you have anything to add to the convo? Make sure you come eat some crow if this thing ends up exactly the opposite of what you just said.

Rocket
09-13-2010, 08:41 PM
The difference is if you still own the same car you drove when Brownwood last won a SC, you can register it as antique vehicle.

2009=the past
1981=the past
1A=Pop Warner
2A=Little League
Goldthwaite=Pop Warner Champs

ctown
09-13-2010, 08:43 PM

BEAST

Heaven knows the past is so long ago. I remember WAY BACK when we won state in 2005. Lights on the field were a new technology. Then State finals in 2006. Actually had motor vehicles to ride to the game. Then Winning State WAY back in 2007. You would have thought Buck Rogers was real. Getting to Texas Stadium to play State final in 2008--man. It was SO long ago. Ancient history. That was back in the days when Brownwood played solid--solid waste that is. Rolled up dung and painted white stripes on it. Little kids named Rocket and Beast played for the Big one all day long. Been beating themselves for that title every year. Ah the good ole days---so Long ago. 08 seems like an eternity.

Hey Daddy, why do the Brownwood guys always stand in corners and the back of dark alleys in November?? Well son, when they can't beat others, they beat themselves.:eek: :cool:

Eagle 1
09-13-2010, 08:45 PM
2009=the past
1981=the past
1A=Pop Warner
2A=Little League
Goldthwaite=Pop Warner Champs

I thought we had a deal, but I guess not COACH.
Are you coaching this week?

Kid Ice
09-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
lol

all this after three games?

No one ever knows Celina is legit until round 4 of the playoffs, and yet they seem to do a good job of proving they are good once they get there. They have played in the Quarterfinals every year since 1995 other than 96, 02, 03 and 09. They are 8-2 in those games. In 3A, they are 3-0 in those games and 3-0 against West Texas teams in the semifinals in the last four years. Brownwood hasn't advanced that far yet, but i think ya'll will this year, and like i said i think you would match up well against our defense (although i doubt we will be in the same division). You played exceptionally well against a great Stephenville team, but Graham is not a top ten team this year, just like the teams on our schedule aren't. Looks like Celina may just have to wait until the playoffs this year, but if you think a power running game is all we have then you must be confusing us with last year.

Celina doesn't have to schedule top ten teams in pre-district because we usually play them anyway in the playoffs. You played a lot of top ten teams over the last two years and went 13-10 and 2-1 in the playoffs. Good for you.

Once again, you have played three games, including one against a very good team in Stephenville and won. You have a tremendous wide receiver. But it is only three games. I can say that Carthage losing to Chapel Hill won't matter a bit, nor will it affect their gameplay should they be playing against you fourteen weeks from now. Celina was 1-3 and ended up beating undefeated Liberty Hill 40-12 two years ago; anything can happen over the course of a season.

The only difference between this year and the last two years when Brownwood fans talked a lot about preseason rankings is that this year the Lions are 3-0 for the first time. A lot of people think they are very good, including me. But it would sad for you to assume that every team is afraid of Brownwood after three weeks.

Once again, you are basing all of this on the past. You are right, WE ARE 3-0 THIS YEAR. I want to talk about THIS YEAR. When the top teams from the PAST are falling like flies, something is up. I'm not basing how good we are on the late 90's or early 00's. We are talking about what we saw on FRIDAY NIGHT. I could really care less about what Celina did even last year. Doesn't matter. A good spread offense, Brownwood's caliber, ALWAYS beats a ball control offense. I have seen it year after year. It's like you guys think we are just sitting around thinking about the glory days. Brownwood plays in the toughest district in the state year after year in 3A and 4A. Maybe not this year but we have seen GREAT teams in district, not the first good team 4 rounds deep. Celina doesn't scare me at all. I would love to see our points proven on the field. Oh my bad, probably won't ever happen. Celina would rather play private schools and 2A's instead of a real team at a nuetral site. Go ahead and relish your BIG Wins against 2A's and we'll think about blowing out 4A's. Go ahead and think about what you did in 96, 02, 03 and 09 and we'll talk about what we are doing right now. No doubt anything can happen but one thing I do know for sure: Whatever happens will be based on what we do or don't do right now. Not last year or 10 years ago or 30 years ago for that matter. Stop living in the past.

JJWalker
09-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Who is gonna beat us JJ? Do you have anything to add to the convo? Make sure you come eat some crow if this thing ends up exactly the opposite of what you just said.
I can hear it now ... Well if Shipley hadn't broken that finger, pulled that groin, rolled that ankle, tweaked a knee, .... etc., etc.

It is a long season, Mr. Over-hyper.

There is now a history of Brownwood not living up to your hype. Try and convince me that this year is different.

wimbo_pro
09-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Dont get to high on the Lions just yet Rocket, they gotta play that FT Worth Allsaints school and they got god on thier side! :p

Brownwood scheduled Ft. Worth All Saints? And Rocket DARE say anything about GUTS?

Rocket
09-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Brownwood scheduled Ft. Worth All Saints? And Rocket DARE say anything about GUTS?

We had only 9 games scheduled. Nobody else would play us, including Celina.

All Saints is the only team that was willing. They were our last choice.

Rocket
09-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
I can hear it now ... Well if Shipley hadn't broken that finger, pulled that groin, rolled that ankle, tweaked a knee, .... etc., etc.

It is a long season, Mr. Over-hyper.

There is now a history of Brownwood not living up to your hype. Try and convince me that this year is different.

Disclaimer: All my trash talk is based on a healthy Brownwood team.

There ya go, Dirty-Diaper.

wimbo_pro
09-13-2010, 08:57 PM
You sure are hangin' quite a bit on Brownwoods <bows head> #1 ranking, aintcha? Danger my friend....danger is in the air.

Kid Ice
09-13-2010, 09:01 PM
You sure are hangin' quite a bit on Brownwoods <bows head> #1 ranking, aintcha? Danger my friend....danger is in the air.

Oh man, we are so scared. Thanks for the warning. Wow, what a helpful poster. Thanks for bringing us back down to earth.

Rocket
09-13-2010, 09:02 PM

Go check the highlights, son. I'm hanging it all on the studs making the plays, offensively and defensively.

Rocket
09-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Introducing Kid Ice...

My kid brother... Hahahaha

wimbo_pro
09-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Introducing Kid Ice...

My kid brother... Hahahaha

for real?

Kid Ice
09-13-2010, 09:12 PM
for real?

Yes, Rocket always speaks the truth....unless he is giving his opinion.

wimbo_pro
09-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Yes, Rocket always speaks the truth....unless he is giving his opinion.

LOL...well, then welcome to the board Kid Ice. You'll come to see that though I dont cut your brother any slack at all when it comes to Brownwood <bows head>, I do like the fire he has...even though i think most of it is pure smoke! LOL

charlesrixey
09-13-2010, 09:25 PM

BEAST

we laugh because Brownwood talks about titles won when carter was president as their most recent.

congratulations on being relevant again. and you even beat your rivals again, oh goody. now you just have to be relevent in the post-season and you will hit the trifecta.

like i mentioned previously, the only thing you've done this year is go 3-0. we have too. good luck with the rest of it, but don't look too far ahead.

Rocket
09-13-2010, 09:37 PM
we laugh because Brownwood talks about titles won when carter was president as their most recent.

congratulations on being relevant again. and you even beat your rivals again, oh goody. now you just have to be relevent in the post-season and you will hit the trifecta.

like i mentioned previously, the only thing you've done this year is go 3-0. we have too. good luck with the rest of it, but don't look too far ahead.

We've been relevant for years, we just haven't been playing in the pee wee division all this time. We've also gone through a coaching change and still been able to go 10-3 last year and now are a favorite to win in either division. ;)

wimbo_pro
09-13-2010, 09:44 PM
We've been relevant for years, we just haven't been playing in the pee wee division all this time. We've also gone through a coaching change and still been able to go 10-3 last year and now are a favorite to win in either division. ;)

using your logic...EVERY team who has made the play offs has been relevant, cuz there are only 2 teams who walk away with the title. So...to put all this to rest...try this:

I, Rocket, admit that I was wrong last year, and the year before...and the years before that (going back to before the first space shuttle launched). However, THIS year...I really think I am right. It might turn out I am not, but I think I am indeed right.

Rocket
09-13-2010, 09:49 PM
using your logic...EVERY team who has made the play offs has been relevant, cuz there are only 2 teams who walk away with the title. So...to put all this to rest...try this:

I, Rocket, admit that I was wrong last year, and the year before...and the years before that (going back to before the first space shuttle launched). However, THIS year...I really think I am right. It might turn out I am not, but I think I am indeed right.

I'm a believer. Every year we are going to win it all until proven otherwise. 1998, 2002, 2003, 2009... All very possible years we could have won it all. And we were very relevant those seasons.

Kid Ice
09-13-2010, 09:53 PM

Once again, it's a lot harder to win titles when you play real teams in the regular season. SEE CELINA THEORY. We have been relevant in the best districts in the state for years. Watch what we do to Llano this week. It will look very Celinaesque but you will find a way to say how we better do that to them or whatever. Ya'll will play a below average team and talk about how Celina is better than ya'll were 2 years ago. Tell me one time we have compared anything anything to the past on this thread. Ya'll beat sorry teams and you are relevant. We compete for years in a tough district and we are irrelevant with playoff runs of 3 rounds deep or more 3 times since 02 and we are just sorry. You better pray we don't go D1. You won't be able to get out of playing us then. I don't know, maybe your coaches will find a way to forfeit the game so you won't have to play at a neutral site and get exposed.

#1 TEXAN
09-13-2010, 09:53 PM
We had only 9 games scheduled. Nobody else would play us, including Celina.

All Saints is the only team that was willing. They were our last choice.

Its a good thing because if yall got to play Celina then you wouldnt have any room to talk trash after you got thrashed by the orange.

Kid Ice
09-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Its a good thing because if yall got to play Celina then you wouldnt have any room to talk trash after you got thrashed by the orange.

Yeah it's too bad ya'll were too scared to play us.

#1 TEXAN
09-13-2010, 10:04 PM

Ya the boys prayed all summer for the coach not to schedule SHIPLEY!!!

BleedOrange
09-13-2010, 10:07 PM

You guys and Prosper need to go have a love fest with the "too scared" schtick. It amusing yet very pathetic. I guess when your success is limited over the last 30 years you can try and bring others down to your level. Rocket and his continued use of "we" iis juvenile at best. I guess he needs to associate with something that has potential. Good luck to Brownwood despite the asinine rantings of some of its fans/stalkers (ROCKET)

wimbo_pro
09-13-2010, 10:09 PM

Yep...he's related to Rocket alright.

#1 TEXAN
09-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
You guys and Prosper need to go have a love fest with the "too scared" schtick. It amusing yet very pathetic. I guess when your success is limited over the last 30 years you can try and bring others down to your level. Rocket and his continued use of "we" iis juvenile at best. I guess he needs to associate with something that has potential. Good luck to Brownwood despite the asinine rantings of some of its fans/stalkers (ROCKET) :2thumbsup

Kid Ice
09-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
You guys and Prosper need to go have a love fest with the "too scared" schtick. It amusing yet very pathetic. I guess when your success is limited over the last 30 years you can try and bring others down to your level. Rocket and his continued use of "we" iis juvenile at best. I guess he needs to associate with something that has potential. Good luck to Brownwood despite the asinine rantings of some of its fans/stalkers (ROCKET)

Go listen to Sideline to Sideline Brownwood Edition and hear further rantings and ravings from other lunatics. They picked us over Celina, any 3A Team, 4A Team and some former powerhouse 5A teams. Remember this is not us fanatic Brownwood fans saying this, this is neutral high school football experts. Too bad they didn't rant and rave about Celina. They would have only done that if it was 2 or 3 years ago.

BEAST
09-13-2010, 10:20 PM
Celinas panties are in a wad because all the love isn't on them. Lol. A Celina poster told me if you're using your normal offense you'll never win a 7 on 7 SC. This Brownwood team did. Guess what we are going to win next. And it's a fact, Celina ducked us just like boxers are ducking pacman.

BEAST

Rocket
09-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Go listen to Sideline to Sideline Brownwood Edition and hear further rantings and ravings from other lunatics. They picked us over Celina, any 3A Team, 4A Team and some former powerhouse 5A teams. Remember this is not us fanatic Brownwood fans saying this, this is neutral high school football experts. Too bad they didn't rant and rave about Celina. They would have only done that if it was 2 or 3 years ago.

Celina isn't even worth bringing up...IMO.

Rocket
09-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Celinas panties are in a wad because all the love isn't on them. Lol. A Celina poster told me if you're using your normal offense you'll never win a 7 on 7 SC. This Brownwood team did. Guess what we are going to win next. And it's a fact, Celina ducked us just like boxers are ducking pacman.

BEAST

Those guys from the sideline to sideline show gave us LOTS of LOVE BABY!!!

I haven't even made the claims they made about Brownwood. They are right about one thing...we knew we were going to be a good team, but what we have seen SO FAR has really amazed us. Good job to the Lions and to Coach Shipley and staff....

orange machine
09-14-2010, 01:53 AM
Just curious which team is going to be the one to go out and put some of the Lions on the sidelines for the rest of the year?:eek: