PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside @ Beeville (4A)

99IHSMustang
09-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Ingleside (1-1) just had a tough road loss to Zapata (26-19) and will be looking to correct many of the mistakes that kept them from scoring in the second half.

Beeville (2-1) lost to a tough 4A Ray team (36-50).

If the Mustangs come out firing on all cylinders, I think they have a chance to pull out the win. If not, it might get ugly quick.

Blastoderm55
09-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Intriguing matchup. Third spread team Beeville will have played so far. They hung with Ray pretty well, but the offense just doesn't have the fire-power to win a shootout. I think this will be a much better game than Mathis/Orange Grove, so at least I can stay in town for a game this week. :D

SintonFan_inAustin
09-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Ingleside still a young team so it'll be interesting to see if they can forget about the loss at Zapata and come out ready for a improving Beeville team. Close game but Ingleside should pull this one out.

99IHSMustang
09-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Ingleside still a young team so it'll be interesting to see if they can forget about the loss at Zapata and come out ready for a improving Beeville team. Close game but Ingleside should pull this one out.

In the second half at Zapata the announcers were reporting that the Ingleside players had lost that pep in their step. I can't remember the last time that Ingleside was shut out in the second half during a preseason game. I hope that they come out and play even better now that they have had that nasty taste of defeat.

MUSTANG69
09-13-2010, 10:55 AM
If Ingleside makes the mental mistakes that they made in the second half against Zapata then Beeville will kill them. Also, Ingleside has to get the passing game on track. McHugh, a first year quarterback, has not had the accuracy he needs to make Ingleside's spread offense effective for a complete game. Hopefully, this young team got a lot of this out of their system last week. The talent is there to beat Beeville, but I don't know if the Mustangs can hold it together for a complete game.

Johnny Utah
09-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Ingleside stays home this year, the Pirates...all 3 of them make it in.

MUSTANG69
09-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah

That remains to be seen. Mathis hasn't played anyone yet so nothing is really known about how they will do. They struggled with Tuloso-Midway and then played 2 of the worst teams in South Texas (Bishop and Kingsville). Rockport-Fulton will get a real test this weekend against Gregory-Portland and next week against Calhoun. Sinton are the only Pirates that have proved their abilities so far.

Phil C
09-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
That remains to be seen. Mathis hasn't played anyone yet so nothing is really known about how they will do. They struggled with Tuloso-Midway and then played 2 of the worst teams in South Texas (Bishop and Kingsville). Rockport-Fulton will get a real test this weekend against Gregory-Portland and next week against Calhoun. Sinton are the only Pirates that have proved their abilities so far.

Mustang you have to remember that those teams have been good in the past. I remember when Bishop had some great teams in the 60s and I think it was in the early sixties that Kingsville won the district and made the playoffs and they have beat Alice a few times. Also T-M is very tough and I remember in 1967 they won a couple of games in the playffs.

MUSTANG69
09-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Mustang you have to remember that those teams have been good in the past. I remember when Bishop had some great teams in the 60s and I think it was in the early sixties that Kingsville won the district and made the playoffs and they have beat Alice a few times. Also T-M is very tough and I remember in 1967 they won a couple of games in the playffs.

Yes, these teams were good in the 60's. Especially Bishop when they had the Bull boys playing for them. It seems their programs have gone the other way. Mathis just got by T-M and a "sorry" team like Ingleside blew them away.:D

IHStangFan
09-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Ingleside rebounds

sinfan75
09-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Hate to say that Beeville wins this one but I got to. Ingleside seems to be somewhat down this year. Beeville by 13.

99IHSMustang
09-13-2010, 07:32 PM

That's funny because the way I see it is that Ingleside has a good shot as any to make it and 1 of the 3 pirates may not. ;)

99IHSMustang
09-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Hate to say that Beeville wins this one but I got to. Ingleside seems to be somewhat down this year. Beeville by 13.

That seems to be the thought by many, but Ingleside has a young team that has the athletes to compete. I think when district rolls around, they will have gotten it all together.

sinton66
09-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Could be stangs just haven't gelled into a complete team effort yet. Pretty sure that will change at some point.

pirate4state
09-13-2010, 08:38 PM
The only thing that might give Ingleside problems is depth, but if they can get out to an early lead they should be fine.

99IHSMustang
09-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
The only thing that might give Ingleside problems is depth, but if they can get out to an early lead they should be fine.

I agree. After watching how many players were on the field agains TM... I kept thinking that depth may be the biggest problem for the Mustangs.

ol country boy
09-13-2010, 08:57 PM

Come on Johnny....the mustangs can't get no love from you out in West Texas

99IHSMustang
09-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Go Mustangs!! :D

SintonPirateFan
09-15-2010, 12:53 PM
i see ingleside winning this one. they will be mad and looking for redemption after the zapata loss...and the coach is usually pretty good at getting them up for games.

playnhurt
09-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Don't count out the Trojans. Coach Moses will have them ready to play.

MUSTANG69
09-15-2010, 03:21 PM
I know Beeville is 2-1. Who have they played?

Blastoderm55
09-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Two spread teams and one slot-t team. Kingsville and West Oso were pretty bad. Ray proved to have too much firepower, but Beeville was still able to put up 33 against them, but then Ray has allowed at over 30 points in all its game this season.

99IHSMustang
09-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a webcast for this game?

Blastoderm55
09-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Not out of Beeville. Radio station carrying the game will be 105.7, but its a fairly weak signal.

99IHSMustang
09-16-2010, 09:56 PM
I guess I will just have to rely on the score by score updates from the Caller times...

pirate4state
09-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
I guess I will just have to rely on the score by score updates from the Caller times...

off topic

99 your avatar cracks me up everytime i see it :D

99IHSMustang
09-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
off topic

99 your avatar cracks me up everytime i see it :D

The baby is hellamad that Ingleside lost last week. I can't blame him though... :D

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 12:04 AM
The baby is hellamad that Ingleside lost last week. I can't blame him though... :D

I seem to remember that you picked out that avatar for a certain thread, right?:D

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 12:19 AM
This game might be close.:eek:

Blastoderm55
09-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Been raining off and on all day here in Beeville. I hope it lets up a bit by game time.

MUSTANG69
09-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Does Beeville have artificial turf or grass?

AP Panther Fan
09-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Does Beeville have artificial turf or grass?

grass, I believe.

Good luck and don't forget the umbrella and mosquito spray. Drive carefully.

Blastoderm55
09-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Grass. The turf idea was proposed a few years back when the track was resurfaced, but it got shot down.

99IHSMustang
09-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Let's get that win tonight Mustangs!

99IHSMustang
09-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Beeville 3, Ingleside 0, 6:35 1st qtr. Getting updates from Caller times.

99IHSMustang
09-17-2010, 08:01 PM
End of the 1st

Beeviille 3
Ingleside 0

99IHSMustang
09-17-2010, 08:12 PM
6:38 left in the second qtr

Beeville 3
Ingleside 0

Looks like this may be a defensive game. Cmon Mustangs, get that offense going.

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Yall need a score.:):D

99IHSMustang
09-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Yall need a score.:):D

Ask and you shall receive:

4:51 left in the 2nd

Ingleside 7
Beeville 3

99IHSMustang
09-17-2010, 08:35 PM
With 19 seconds left in the 2nd

Ingleside 7
Beeville 6

Wonder who gets the ball at the start of the second half.

99IHSMustang
09-17-2010, 08:36 PM
At the HALF

Ingleside 7
Beeville 6

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Ask and you shall receive:

4:51 left in the 2nd

Ingleside 7
Beeville 3

Rub my belly...:D :D :D

99IHSMustang
09-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Rub my belly...:D :D :D

:redxpoke:

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 08:53 PM
:redxpoke:

:D :clap: :D

99IHSMustang
09-17-2010, 09:31 PM
4:11 left in the 3rd

Ingleside 14

Beeville 14

99IHSMustang
09-17-2010, 09:36 PM
With 1:05 left in the 3rd

Ingleside 21
Beeville 14

Lets Go Mustangs! Hang on to that lead.

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Yall need another score.

Rub my belly.:D :D :D

99IHSMustang
09-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Yall need another score.

Rub my belly.:D :D :D

lol...

Start of the 4th qtr:

Ingleside 21
Beeville 14

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 09:41 PM
lol
Gonna call you in a minute Izz.:D

99IHSMustang
09-17-2010, 09:42 PM
lol
Gonna call you in a minute Izz.:D

My number has changed. I will pm it to you.

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 09:43 PM
My number has changed. I will pm it to you.

Cool. Thanks.:)

99IHSMustang
09-17-2010, 09:46 PM
With 9:56 left to go in the 4th:

Ingleside 28
Beeville 14

Keep it going boys. Don't let down now. Lets put another on the scoreboard.

IHStangFan
09-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Let's go Stangs!!

Blastoderm55
09-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Ingleside took advantage of some special teams miscues on Beeville's part. New QB for the Mustangs tonight. He wasn't on target early, but he improved later in the game and his receivers, especially #33, showed pretty good hands.

99IHSMustang
09-17-2010, 10:15 PM
FINAL: Ingleside 30, Beeville 14

Blastoderm55
09-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Final
George West 50
Zapata 20

:eek:

99IHSMustang
09-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Ingleside took advantage of some special teams miscues on Beeville's part. New QB for the Mustangs tonight. He wasn't on target early, but he improved later in the game and his receivers, especially #33, showed pretty good hands.

I had heard there were going to be some changes, but wasn't sure if it was going to include the QB. I believe the QB that took the helm tonight was a Soph. that supposedly has a good arm.

99IHSMustang
09-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Final
George West 50
Zapata 20

Ouch...

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Final
George West 50
Zapata 20

:eek: :eek:
;)

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Congratulations Mustangs!

Sorry about the loss Trojans.

99IHSMustang
09-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Did anyone from Ingleside that went to the game have a take on how they felt the Mustangs did? The caller times write up almost read as "if" Beeville hadn't made so many mistakes they would have been able to win. So did Ingleside play a perfect game?

I am sure both teams made mistakes, but it just doesn't sound like Ingleside got too much credit for the win. Understandably the team is young and at this point may not be viewed as a "legit" contender for the district crown, but they will get there.

Good Job Mustangs on the win! Good teams capitalize on the mistakes of their opponent and that is exactly what you did.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Did anyone from Ingleside that went to the game have a take on how they felt the Mustangs did? The caller times write up almost read as "if" Beeville hadn't made so many mistakes they would have been able to win. So did Ingleside play a perfect game?

I am sure both teams made mistakes, but it just doesn't sound like Ingleside got too much credit for the win. Understandably the team is young and at this point may not be viewed as a "legit" contender for the district crown, but they will get there.

Good Job Mustangs on the win! Good teams capitalize on the mistakes of their opponent and that is exactly what you did. All i know is Ingleside still looks scary offensively but just insconsistant so far. No doubt it has taken a few games and most likely a few more before they get clicking with a more consistant game. Having seen Mathis and Rockport, Inlgeside offensive scheme mirrors Sinton and i see Mathis and Rockport as running teams. 2 spread teams that utilize the pass and 2 that will use power running.

Blastoderm55
09-18-2010, 09:15 AM

Good Job Mustangs on the win! Good teams capitalize on the mistakes of their opponent and that is exactly what you did.

Put it this way. Ingleside should be alright on offense. They have the ability to be explosive. However, they had a lot of trouble getting Beeville's offense off the field on downs. They were opportunistic and forced fumbles, though, and that counts for a lot. They'll have to do much of the same in order to get Mathis off the field. Beeville's slot offense is, sadly, not as explosive as that of Mathis. I do think they have the offense to hang with anyone, and on a night with dryer conditions, that QB and his receivers will do a lot of damage. Don't discount the running back either. He's pretty good and takes advantage of the defense being spread wide trying to defend the pass.

99IHSMustang
09-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
All i know is Ingleside still looks scary offensively but just insconsistant so far. No doubt it has taken a few games and most likely a few more before they get clicking with a more consistant game. Having seen Mathis and Rockport, Inlgeside offensive scheme mirrors Sinton and i see Mathis and Rockport as running teams. 2 spread teams that utilize the pass and 2 that will use power running.

Thanks for the input. It is hard to judge any of the teams unless you have seen them play and in your case, you have.

99IHSMustang
09-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Put it this way. Ingleside should be alright on offense. They have the ability to be explosive. However, they had a lot of trouble getting Beeville's offense off the field on downs. They were opportunistic and forced fumbles, though, and that counts for a lot. They'll have to do much of the same in order to get Mathis off the field. Beeville's slot offense is, sadly, not as explosive as that of Mathis. I do think they have the offense to hang with anyone, and on a night with dryer conditions, that QB and his receivers will do a lot of damage. Don't discount the running back either. He's pretty good and takes advantage of the defense being spread wide trying to defend the pass.

When you say that they were having trouble getting Beeville's offense off the field on downs, was that for most of the game? I was wondering if depth and having several players going boths ways had anything to do with it. From my standpoint, depth and size may hurt us just a bit this year.

Blastoderm55
09-18-2010, 10:48 AM
When you say that they were having trouble getting Beeville's offense off the field on downs, was that for most of the game? I was wondering if depth and having several players going boths ways had anything to do with it. From my standpoint, depth and size may hurt us just a bit this year.

Size seemed to okay, but most of the skill players did go both ways. There looked to be about 30 in the sidelines for Ingleside, about as many as Beeville had as a 4A. Not bad numbers for a 3A. Could be better, but I've seen much lower.

99IHSMustang
09-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Size seemed to okay, but most of the skill players did go both ways. There looked to be about 30 in the sidelines for Ingleside, about as many as Beeville had as a 4A. Not bad numbers for a 3A. Could be better, but I've seen much lower.

I would have thought that Beeville would have twice as many, but I guess that wasn't the case this year for Beeville.

Blastoderm55
09-18-2010, 11:38 AM
I would have thought that Beeville would have twice as many, but I guess that wasn't the case this year for Beeville.

Its never the case for Beeville. We have very poor turnout for extracurricular activities. Even the Ingleside band was bigger than that of Beeville.

99IHSMustang
09-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Its never the case for Beeville. We have very poor turnout for extracurricular activities. Even the Ingleside band was bigger than that of Beeville.

Dang! Were there bigger turnouts for football several years ago when Soza was the coach?

Blastoderm55
09-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Dang! Were there bigger turnouts for football several years ago when Soza was the coach?

Not really. Soza always put the best 11 on the field, and that alienated a lot of kids who didn't get playing time and soured them on the program. Plus, a lot of kids from Beeville chose to go to school at either Skidmore or Pettus, so we lose A LOT of talent to the small schools.

99IHSMustang
09-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Not really. Soza always put the best 11 on the field, and that alienated a lot of kids who didn't get playing time and soured them on the program. Plus, a lot of kids from Beeville chose to go to school at either Skidmore or Pettus, so we lose A LOT of talent to the small schools.

Wow, I didn't know that. Especially considering two years ago, if I am not mistaken, when Beeville went deep into the playoffs.

AP Panther Fan
09-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Plus, a lot of kids from Beeville chose to go to school at either Skidmore or Pettus, so we lose A LOT of talent to the small schools.

Odd, I would have thought it was the other way around. :thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Not really. Soza always put the best 11 on the field, and that alienated a lot of kids who didn't get playing time and soured them on the program. Plus, a lot of kids from Beeville chose to go to school at either Skidmore or Pettus, so we lose A LOT of talent to the small schools. think Sinton got one transfer from Beeville during those years.

Blastoderm55
09-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Wow, I didn't know that. Especially considering two years ago, if I am not mistaken, when Beeville went deep into the playoffs.

The year we lost to Lake Travis in the region final, we had 7 players going both ways. The next year in the regional semis against Tivy, it was much of the same.