PDA

View Full Version : 2A #5 Cameron @ Navasota (Homecoming)

navscanmaster
09-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Thoughts?

1st and goal
09-11-2010, 08:14 PM
not voting yet. Nav might have their hands full.

Yoefan11
09-11-2010, 11:10 PM
I think it should be a good game. From what I read about the Rudder-Nav game last week it seems as if Navasota really underperformed, but I then again, I have no clue how good Rudder is this season either, so it might have been that Rudder is just that good. Any Rattler fans got insight on that game?

I know that Cameron's D really surprised me against Rockdale. Take away rockdales longest run (a 80 yd parting of the seas for a TD) and cameron held Rockdale to 3.8 yds a carry (Rdale had been avg 8 per coming in). The Yoe defense is fast, and are pretty solid tacklers, their front 7 is pretty stout, and their secondary had 3 picks and a batted ball on the night (rockdale only threw about 6 times). Their pass attack is top notch in my eyes. Rhoades makes some sound reads, and the receivers are sure handed...Westbrook is a flat out stud. Only thing i'm not too impressed with...is their OL...they just couldn't seem to get rockdale's DL off line..and their run game suffered because of it.

Overall...the Yoe are a very good team and a tough match-up regardless of who they play. Goodluck Navasota.

OldBison75
09-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Rudder came out well prepared as always and has a field full of great athletes. The offensive and defensives lines are much bigger and better than last year. Rudder has always had great skill people. They are fast and strong and the defensive side of the ball does not miss tackles.

The Rattlers were never in the game offensively. Numerous missed blocking assignments, dropped passes, and underthrown passes just killed any chance of getting on a roll. The offensive line spent the whole night playing five blockers on six or seven rushers and there was never any adjustment to the offensive blocking scheme.

On a good note, if there is any in a loss, the defense played pretty well. Take away the 71 yard screen pass which was aided by two blocks in the back that were not called and the total yards allowed was about 200. Another good note is Kesnick Jones appeared to be injured on an interception and returned to play later in the game.

I could make all kinds of excuses about the officiating, including two flags where the refs signaled penalties against Rudder and then had conferences and waved off the flags. However, these non calls did not change the fact that Ruder whipped Navasota up front all night.

I said in the consensus top 10 thread that I did not believe this Rattler team was top 10 and may be a little high at the top 25 right now. I think that this team will be okay by district, but they showed alot of weaknesses that they need to fix tonight.

NOTE TO CAMERON YOE--You better be ready next week, the rattler players and fans were embarassed tonight and will be seeking revenge next week. It will be loud and rowdy at the Rattler homecoming.

bigYoe
09-12-2010, 11:24 AM
We've been playing lights on this year so far, Coach Rhoads is doing a D*mn good job with the offense and the defense is just flat out good. Our passing attack is Exactly like when we were playing 7 on 7 and Dayo is running the ball pretty dang good. The Rdale game was definitely an eye opener for me and I believe we have a Very good team this year. I'm not quite sure about Navasota but they seem to always have a good team year in and year out. This WILL be a good game and the only thing im worried about is the fact that its Navasota's homecoming, they will be very fired up. Anyways, good luck to Navasota and this should be a VERY good game.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-12-2010, 02:09 PM
the next 3 of 4 weeks will battle test Cameron. Navasota, then open district w/ Hearne, then a seemingly rejuvenated Marlin, the the likely district title match w/ McGregor IN McGregor. Navasota has been solid in years past and I don't think the Rudder loss should be an indication that they are "down." Hopefully the Yoemen don't take them lightly or it will be disastrous. Right now Cameron is averaging 40 points a game while allowing 14, though if you take away that "gimmie" they gave Rockdale in the 4th, it's an average of 12 points allowed. Should be interesting.

Caldwell_Raider
09-12-2010, 03:43 PM
I pick Cameron will win by 14.

HEMOTOXIC
09-12-2010, 06:05 PM
As much I would like to see my Rattlers win, I do know that Cameron will be tough. If the Rattlers play anything like Friday's loss to Rudder, it will be a very, very long night for the Rattlers.

navscanmaster
09-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
As much I would like to see my Rattlers win, I do know that Cameron will be tough. If the Rattlers play anything like Friday's loss to Rudder, it will be a very, very long night for the Rattlers.

Well, we can expect the defense to play tough. Outside of the opening drive touchdown pass, the other Rudder TD came four plays after a punt return to the Navasota 7 yard line with less than 2 minutes in the game. The Rattler defense was routinely backed up against their own goal, and an all but three drives, turned Rudder away. The defense should be okay. The offense holds the key against Cameron. If they will RUN the ball (13 carries against Rudder) consistently and make the Yoe respect the run, and catch wide open balls thrown at them, especially those of the easy six variety, they will win.

If last weeks Rattler offense shows up, Navasota loses this one 21-7. If the previous two game's offense shows up, Navasota wins 28-14.

Yoe_09
09-12-2010, 06:47 PM
How does this Navasota team compare to last years team? A little worse, same, or better? This is a very interesting matchup I cant wait to see.

navscanmaster
09-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
How does this Navasota team compare to last years team? A little worse, same, or better? This is a very interesting matchup I cant wait to see.

Defense is better. The big offensive difference, literally, is the line. Averages 50 pounds or more lighter and a few inches shorter.

Yoe_09
09-13-2010, 08:02 PM
So far I have really really liked what the Yoemen have been doing on every aspect of the game.

Offensively: We have done just about everything right. The passing game has been right on with Rhoades being very effective. The running game imo has also done a good job. The o-line deserves some credit...they have given Rhoades enough time pretty much every down and the run game has been solid.

Defensively: For those that thought our offense was effective in 7 on 7, the defense actually may be better. They are swarming to the ball very quick and tackling hard. There were a few hickups in the first half against La Vega but a good half-time adjustment was made and that was the end of that.

Special Teams: Maybe the most impressive for me. The normal kicker has not missed any Xp's this year. Rhoades can and has punted the ball 50+ yards on a lot of his punts this year. I would just stop trying to kick 40+ yard FG's because they haven't been close yet. Anything past the 20, and there is a 4th and less than 10, I would just go for it.

This should be a very good game against tough Navasota team. I could see an offensive struggle possibly at first with it opening up more in the 2nd half.

Yoemen: 28
Rattlers: 14

navscanmaster
09-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Just don't see this game going either way by more than a TD. That is all.