PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly the Week 10 matchup between Brownwood and A. Wylie has lost it's luster

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2010, 07:22 PM
:(

Emerson1
09-11-2010, 07:24 PM
AW could have won by 50 last night and it wouldn't change the fact that Bwood would dominate.

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-11-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm going to throw something out there and throw it right back at me if you don't agree but I really think Sweetwater is going to win district.

ccmom
09-11-2010, 07:40 PM
While I see your point...I, for one have not given up hope on the Bulldogs. Brownwood is amazing this year, no doubt they are the HEAVY favorites to win it all this year....odds are they'll even go undefeated. However, EVERY team can be beaten on any given night. Take, for example, the 2004 State Champion Wylie team....some no name team in their district beat them that year. :devil: I'm getting old and can't remember which team that was. Maybe DaHop remembers? :p Haha! Go Dawgs....keep your heads up!!

LE Dad
09-11-2010, 07:46 PM
The bell ain't rang for the final round yet.:thinking:

Go Wylie !!! :D

Tin Cup
09-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Wylie is about to be 1-4 in two short weeks. We are a long way from week 10 we gotta stay healthy. The difference between this team and last years team is health at this point. Ok, we may be a litttllle better but you get the picture :D

95mustang
09-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I'm going to throw something out there and throw it right back at me if you don't agree but I really think Sweetwater is going to win district.

Someday they just might do that, but not this year.

BEAST
09-11-2010, 07:57 PM
This is me throwing it back at you.

BEAST

ziggy29
09-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Brownwood is amazing this year, no doubt they are the HEAVY favorites to win it all this year....odds are they'll even go undefeated.
Isn't that true every year based on what we hear about it here? :D

BwdLion73
09-11-2010, 08:07 PM

:eek: I think that once district play starts everyone will crank it up. I like the Mustangs in a weird sort of way.... but Really?

Wylie will turn from a tropical storm to a hurricane....Snyder will bring a good motivated team...Big Spring will go the extra mile to compete in their new district. Brownwood, if they stay healthy will win it after some good home cookin district fights that will prepare us for the playoffs.

Sweetwater will gain a lot of experience for next year.:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2010, 08:09 PM

Let me guess. You also "think" Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, and unicorns
are real? :doh:

Tin Cup
09-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Ziggy you'll jump on the bandwagon soon enough

95mustang
09-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29

You will get to see on Friday. ;)

Trashman
09-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Anybody that seriously thinks District 5-3A will be a push over for Brownwood is an idiot. That also includes Brownwood posters. LOL

bwdlionfan
09-11-2010, 08:41 PM

You lost by two TDs to Bangs.....

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
:eek: I think that once district play starts everyone will crank it up. I like the Mustangs in a weird sort of way.... but Really?

Wylie will turn from a tropical storm to a hurricane....Snyder will bring a good motivated team...Big Spring will go the extra mile to compete in their new district. Brownwood, if they stay healthy will win it after some good home cookin district fights that will prepare us for the playoffs.

Sweetwater will gain a lot of experience for next year.:thinking:

Haha no not really but I do like they way they look and they are young. I honestly don't think anyone is going to beat Brownwood but I could be wrong.

BwdLion73
09-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Haha no not really but I do like they way they look and they are young. I honestly don't think anyone is going to beat Brownwood but I could be wrong.

I thought you had been a more sensible poster in the past ....but I was beginning to wonder?;)

BEAST
09-11-2010, 08:56 PM

Easy Ziggy. That smiley at the end isn't gonna keep us from laying a beat down on yall.

BEAST

Rocket
09-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Oh no!!!
WYLIE!!!!
TRES Y SIETE?

skins4life
09-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
While I see your point...I, for one have not given up hope on the Bulldogs. Brownwood is amazing this year, no doubt they are the HEAVY favorites to win it all this year....odds are they'll even go undefeated. However, EVERY team can be beaten on any given night. Take, for example, the 2004 State Champion Wylie team....some no name team in their district beat them that year. :devil: I'm getting old and can't remember which team that was. Maybe DaHop remembers? :p Haha! Go Dawgs....keep your heads up!!

ccmom,
If he can't tell you, I bet I can. :devil:
I believe it was even in their own house, wasn't it? ;)

wimbo_pro
09-11-2010, 10:01 PM
So, what are the chances of Snyder and Sweetwater being the other two play off teams with Brownwood (bows head) in District 5? I am hoping for ANY way they go D1, because there is no way Brownwood (bows head) will be beat.

DukeNukem
09-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Sweetwater is still very weak. I may be wrong, but I still think Snyder will be a tough team to beat for anybody the rest of the year as long as Roemisch and Ward stay healthy. Wylie ends up 3rd and goes big school.

#1 TEXAN
09-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Its a little early to call a win in week 10 there is alot of things that can happen between now and then brownwood of all people should know that looking at all the players they lost to injuries last year.

bwdlionfan
09-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
So, what are the chances of Snyder and Sweetwater being the other two play off teams with Brownwood (bows head) in District 5? I am hoping for ANY way they go D1, because there is no way Brownwood (bows head) will be beat.

I don't care which way we go... I just want us to be healthy when we get there... D1 would be nice though, so we could finally try to have that meeting with those orange bobcats from up north of Dallas.

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
Sweetwater is still very weak. I may be wrong, but I still think Snyder will be a tough team to beat for anybody the rest of the year as long as Roemisch and Ward stay healthy. Wylie ends up 3rd and goes big school.

I watched the second half of the Snyder game last night and they dismantled Clyde, don't really know much about Clyde this year but it was no contest. Snyder has some speed and laid some dang hard hits.

I agree that Sweetwater isn't a playoff team this year but they are very young like I said and they will be in the next few years. Saw alot of sophmores getting a whole bunch of playing time.

It could happen though depending how it plays out. I think Bwood will roll and the rest will be a toss up.

BEAST
09-11-2010, 10:37 PM
I watched the second half of the Snyder game last night and they dismantled Clyde, don't really know much about Clyde this year but it was no contest. Snyder has some speed and laid some dang hard hits.

I agree that Sweetwater isn't a playoff team this year but they are very young like I said and they will be in the next few years. Saw alot of sophmores getting a whole bunch of playing time.

It could happen though depending how it plays out. I think Bwood will roll and the rest will be a toss up.

Yo, it was Clyde......

BEAST

STANG RED
09-11-2010, 10:50 PM
The last time I remember Wylie looking this bad at this time of the season, I think they went 1-4, or maybe 2-3 in predistrict. All that ended up doing was make them good enough to make it all the way to the semi finals that year, then they went on to win it all the following year. Dont start throwing dirt on Wylie's grave just yet boys.

BEAST
09-11-2010, 10:53 PM
We are not throwing dirt. I hope to play them at their best.

BEAST

WOS87
09-11-2010, 11:41 PM
You have no idea how many potentially DII teams are already rooting for AW to NOT make the playoffs so Brownwood will go DI (even down in Regions III and IV).... it's funny. We still have a lot of weeks left to play and who knows what can happen.

(btw Go Sweetwater, Snyder and Big Spring!!!)

;) :devil:

Rocket
09-11-2010, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
You have no idea how many potentially DII teams are already rooting for AW to NOT make the playoffs so Brownwood will go DI (even down in Regions III and IV).... it's funny. We still have a lot of weeks left to play and who knows what can happen.

Why would they want us to go DI, WOS87? lol Are we that scary? Come on, now...

Rocket
09-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem

Snyder=Red Headed Stepchild
Brownwood=One who spanks thee...

WOS87
09-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

I don't think so... we'd love to play you. We have more 4A titles than you do (or any other current 3A team actually).

;)

wimbo_pro
09-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Cuz there's no way anyone can beat you!

Rocket
09-11-2010, 11:51 PM
I don't think so... we'd love to play you. We have more 4A titles than you do

;)

We have more 3A Titles than ANYBODY. Oh and MORE WINS THAN ANY 3A. ;)

Rocket
09-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Cuz there's no way anyone can beat you!

ahhhhh....big smile...

Rocket
09-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
We are not throwing dirt. I hope to play them at their best.

BEAST

We will wait til November 5 at about 10:30 pm to kick the dirt...

WOS87
09-11-2010, 11:54 PM

...and we're about to hear from the former 2A people.... wait for it.... :cool:

Rocket
09-11-2010, 11:54 PM
...and we're about to hear from the former 2A people.... wait for it.... :cool:

2A Titles? LOL Awwww how cute...
At the end of the season, hopefully we will get to add another 3A Title, and tell that ugly Orange team they are no longer the king of the hill. We will default them based on larger titles. 2A Titles are nice and all, but 3As are much better and more relevant. :)

WOS87
09-11-2010, 11:58 PM
2A Titles? LOL Awwww how cute...
At the end of the season, hopefully we will get to add another 3A Title, and tell that ugly Orange team they are no longer the king of the hill. We will default them based on larger titles. 2A Titles are nice and all, but 3As are much better and more relevant. :)

The same could be said for 4A titles compared to the former two ;)

OldBison75
09-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Right now I don't see Brownwood getting beat, but, if that does happen, like it sometimes does when a team gets over confidents or has injuries or an off night---I wonder if the excuses will flow as freely as the bragging that is going on now.

If the team is as good at football as some of it's posters are at talking trash, this just might be thier year--but many things can happen to change momentum in a long season.

Rocket
09-12-2010, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Right now I don't see Brownwood getting beat, but, if that does happen, like it sometimes does when a team gets over confidents or has injuries or an off night---I wonder if the excuses will flow as freely as the bragging that is going on now.

If the team is as good at football as some of it's posters are at talking trash, this just might be thier year--but many things can happen to change momentum in a long season.

Like i said, if any team beats this healthy Brownwood team, I will give them the respect due.

If we lose because of injuries..all smack is then void and excuses will flow like Niagra...hahaha

Another important note.... we lost our starting LB in the first series, Horton-6-2 215, to a broken arm Friday night..didn't miss a beat.

He will be back for District.

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-12-2010, 12:07 AM

Y'all aren't too far ahead of Sweetwater in all time wins, but Championships, well you have a few on us.

OldBison75
09-12-2010, 12:08 AM
I never expected anything less that that from you Rocket.

Talk long, talk loud, and always be prepared for the unlikely event you will have to use the political mastery of words to explain why something did not happen as you predicted. Maybe you should be the White house Press Secretary right now!!!!!

Rocket
09-12-2010, 12:14 AM
I never expected anything less that that from you Rocket.

Talk long, talk loud, and always be prepared for the unlikely event you will have to use the political mastery of words to explain why something did not happen as you predicted. Maybe you should be the White house Press Secretary right now!!!!!

Nah, President...

Rocket
09-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Y'all aren't too far ahead of Sweetwater in all time wins, but Championships, well you have a few on us.

My statement was true. What's your point?

OldBison75
09-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Oh man, that would be one hell of a debate to watch when you were running for President.

Who would be the VP in your run?

I bet you could get 99 percent of the voting redneck support.

bobcat4life
09-12-2010, 12:31 AM
Oh man, that would be one hell of a debate to watch when you were running for President.

Who would be the VP in your run?

I bet you could get 99 percent of the voting redneck support.

Eagle 1
09-12-2010, 08:23 AM
The same could be said for 4A titles compared to the former two ;)

Somehow I bet that didn't compute.

91 lion
09-12-2010, 08:43 AM

Don't forget that Big Spring has the highest enrollment in our district.

Trashman
09-12-2010, 09:09 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap: The one thing I fear, Brownwood believing all the positive press they have been getting.:thinking:

Looking4number8
09-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
:clap: :clap: :clap: The one thing I fear, Brownwood believing all the positive press they have been getting.:thinking:

+1, I do believe coach Shipley will get their heads right, not much he can do about us fans though...

Trashman
09-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
+1, I do believe coach Shipley will get their heads right, not much he can do about us fans though...

I sure hope so Lookin, would love for you to have a good reason to change your screen name next year.:D