West Oso always has speed....

Sinton by 3 TDs.

CueroDad08
09-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354
West Oso always has speed....

Sinton by 3 TDs.

I would have to say Sinton by 5 TD's
Speed yes, but cant play football..........

Phil C
09-11-2010, 08:56 PM
BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!!

Falcongrad&Dad
09-11-2010, 09:57 PM
How many miles does WOS have to travel for this game?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Falcongrad&Dad
How many miles does WOS have to travel for this game? WOS about 5 hours but WO it would be 28 miles. Corpus Christi West Oso is the opponent.

Phil C
09-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Falcongrad&Dad
How many miles does WOS have to travel for this game?

I would guess about 23 miles. Pretty far. :)

pirate4state
09-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I would guess about 23 miles. Pretty far. :) LOL :D

Falcongrad&Dad
09-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Then I will go with Sinton

pirate4state
09-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Not sure what West Oso brings to the table, but they always play us tough and we tend to shoot ourselves in the foot in this game.

This is a game we SHOULD win with ease, so that means we'll probably have to pull a rabbit out of our hats and win by 3. :rolleyes:

maroonpirate04
09-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Gotta with my Pirates, West Oso always has the talent every year that what makes them tough against Sinton. In the end the Pirates always comes out with the victory. Pirate Stadium turns 30 in 2010 with the first home game. :)

GO PIRATES!!!

sinfan75
09-13-2010, 06:29 PM
It was on the 4th page.:D

coach
09-13-2010, 06:39 PM
lets go west oso

IHStangFan
09-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Sinton is gonna roll the "HOWLING".....er...I mean "wheezing through a trach tube" Bears....

Sinton by a lot.

sinton66
09-13-2010, 07:11 PM
LOL, pretty easy to tell who the 1 is.

IrishTex
09-13-2010, 07:16 PM
This is a game we SHOULD win with ease

I would have to say Sinton by 5 TD's

Sinton by a lot.

Don't the good folks of Sinton ever get tired of playing inferior teams?

I mean really....Sinton has a cake walk each and every year and really doesn't have to play anyone until about the 2nd round of the playoffs...Your district makes me laugh.

:D

sinton66
09-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex

I mean really....Sinton has a cake walk each and every year and really doesn't have to play anyone until about the 2nd round of the playoffs...Your district makes me laugh.

Hondo's a slouch, huh?

Dude we can't change the geography.

IrishTex
09-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Hondo's a slouch, huh?

Dude we can't change the geography.

I get that...but you guys should just cruise till about Thanksgiving..then wake up and join the party...

I figure Sinton goes 12-0 and then football season will start for ya'll. No worries...it's a good gig if you can get it. I just don't (can't) get excited with the Sinton talk when I already know it's a foregone conclusion until playoff time.

sinfan75
09-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Celina always has a cakewalk schedule till play-offs.:D

sinton66
09-13-2010, 08:27 PM
I get that...but you guys should just cruise till about Thanksgiving..then wake up and join the party...

I figure Sinton goes 12-0 and then football season will start for ya'll. No worries...it's a good gig if you can get it. I just don't (can't) get excited with the Sinton talk when I already know it's a foregone conclusion until playoff time.

We have in the past played some good teams in predistrict. Cuero, Refugio, Gregory-Portland to name a few. Maybe our staff doesn't think we need to now, I don't know. Well, actually, I do know why we don't play GP anymore, but that's another story.

pirate4state
09-13-2010, 08:34 PM
I think Phil can best explain why we no longer schedule "tough" pre-district opponents. LOL

Since I was asked by another poster to stay away from their threads; can I do the same? :devil: :D

GO PIRATES!!!

sinton66
09-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I think Phil can best explain why we no longer schedule "tough" pre-district opponents. LOL

Since I was asked by another poster to stay away from their threads; can I do the same? :devil: :D

GO PIRATES!!!

I guess you can do whatever you want within the rules.:thinking:

Wait.... what am I getting myself into?????:eek:

piratebg
09-14-2010, 12:33 AM
I say Sinton by 21. West Oso usually gives the Pirates fits in the first half. It's the first home game and first game for me. :D GO PIRATES!!!

MUSTANG69
09-14-2010, 10:13 AM

You obviously don't know anything about this district. The last six years has seen very close district races between Sinton, Mathis, Robstown and Ingleside. Winning district has not been a "gimme" for Sinton for the last 6 years. They have had to play tough teams to win the district and they have not won it every year. Get some facts please.:thinking:

SintonPirateFan
09-14-2010, 10:28 AM
i say Sinton by 4 TDs. it should be a sloppy game...rain expected.... the speed factor should be taken out.

now, for the people who think district 30 is a cake walk... may i introduce you to Mathis, Ingleside, and Rockport Fulton. this season's district will be much like last year's--a bitter fight to the end.

MUSTANG69
09-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Sinton 10+

Ranger354
09-14-2010, 02:04 PM
I like it when people say Sinton will walk thru district. Sinton wont walk thru district....but they should make the playoffs. Rockport is the Unknown....

IrishTex
09-14-2010, 04:20 PM
So 93% of you think Sinton will win this game.

Seems like a cake walk to me.

:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
09-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
You obviously don't know anything about this district. The last six years has seen very close district races between Sinton, Mathis, Robstown and Ingleside. Winning district has not been a "gimme" for Sinton for the last 6 years. They have had to play tough teams to win the district and they have not won it every year. Get some facts please.:thinking:

Pssst! He doesn't know anything about any district. ;)

Ranger354
09-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Rock Port is a 3A team that has beaten some 4A teams. We shall see how they hold up to GP this weekend.

It seems all the teams in Sinton's district play Sinton hard. Even Orange Grove and Taft play Sinton hard at times.

Nothing is a "Cake Walk".

And last year I seem to recall Sinton being picked to fiinish at the bottom of the District.....

sinton66
09-14-2010, 06:50 PM
You know irish, it just might mean that Sinton is pretty dang consistant too. In fact, that's a lot closer to reality.

SintonFan
09-14-2010, 06:55 PM
You know irish, it just might mean that Sinton is pretty dang consistant too. In fact, that's a lot closer to reality.

Sinton has also benefited from some excellent coaches. Too bad most tend to want to then "graduate" to the bigger schools. :(

IrishTex
09-14-2010, 09:21 PM

Oh, I'm not trying to take anything away from the Pirates. I'm sure they work hard, and take lots of pride in their tradition as a winning program down there...I'm just saying I think it's a shame that they don't play in a very competitve district.

Question: Did Sinton become that good because of the traditions of your town, was it the great opportunity to have had good coaching all these years? Just how did Sinton become such an outstanding ball team year in and year out in a pool of mediocrity?

IrishTex
09-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Pssst! He doesn't know anything about any district. ;)

At least I have credentials to be on the sideline at Mustang games....

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs664.snc4/60477_440370798855_796888855_5051814_422017_n.jpg

Blastoderm55
09-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Oh, I'm not trying to take anything away from the Pirates. I'm sure they work hard, and take lots of pride in their tradition as a winning program down there...I'm just saying I think it's a shame that they don't play in a very competitve district.

Question: Did Sinton become that good because of the traditions of your town, was it the great opportunity to have had good coaching all these years? Just how did Sinton become such an outstanding ball team year in and year out in a pool of mediocrity?

Teams from Sinton's district, such as Aransas Pass, Ingleside and Mathis have all won Region 4 at least once in the past, with Sinton and Mathis each earning state final appearances. Sinton is a traditional power in an area not high in move-ins and low in overall athletic talent. They produce results through effort, dedication, and rabid community support. That's the way it is in South Texas. We won't produce D1 recruits in high numbers, but our teams will never lose for lack of effort.

Phil C
09-14-2010, 09:30 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105562&highlight=sinton+mathis+aransas+pass+ingleside+gol iad

Blastoderm55
09-14-2010, 09:32 PM
So 93% of you think Sinton will win this game.

Seems like a cake walk to me.

Its not a district game and West Oso is rebuilding with a new coaching staff and new offensive and defensive schemes. :rolleyes:

IrishTex
09-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Its not a district game and West Oso is rebuilding with a new coaching staff and new offensive and defensive schemes. :rolleyes:

Which = cakewalk

99IHSMustang
09-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Just how did Sinton become such an outstanding ball team year in and year out in a pool of mediocrity?

This sentence alone leads me to believe that you really don't know anything about our district... :doh:

Blastoderm55
09-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Which = cakewalk

One game doesn't make a cakewalk season.

IrishTex
09-14-2010, 09:51 PM
By the way Sweetwater Red...while we are on the subject of who knows football..

You picked Prosper and Bridgeport as the game of the week????

9/10/2010 Prosper.............14
Alvarado............15

9/3/2010 Prosper.............38
Ranchview.........10

8/27/2010 Prosper.............15
LaVega.............14

Bridgeport

Bridgeport 49
Glen Rose 26

Bridgeport 50
Burkeburnett 14

Bridgeport 34
Springtown 21 (Springtown is 4A)

How in the world do you see Prosper even playing in the same stadium as Bridgeport? Say what you will red...but maybe you need to go east of the Brazos sometime to know what you are talking about...

IrishTex
09-14-2010, 09:53 PM
One game doesn't make a cakewalk season.

Agreed, but after about 8 games...you start to see a pattern...

IrishTex
09-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
This sentence alone leads me to believe that you really don't know anything about our district... :doh:

I'll give you that...so given that fact..perhaps you can tell me who you predict will beat Sinton in that district? I'd like to know..

SintonFan
09-14-2010, 09:59 PM

That is flattering for many who support our team.
In all seriousness, Sinton doesn't go 12-0, 10-0 or even 1-0 every year. Sinton's history is rife with long periods of success and abject failures on the field. Tough to say but true.
As was mentioned, the area doesn't always have the best athletes, but like the Valley, they have players and teams who do as good as what God gave them.(don't ever quote that)
This year is NOT going to be a cake walk at all. Not even close. This year is brand new, and just like most 3A teams around, one or two injuries(or more) can and just might make or break a season of hard work.
The year now is just two weeks into the Pirates schedule... so even though we are proud of the effort our boys have shown so far, nothing is guaranteed. I know this might seem a tad like down-playing but it really isn't.
Ingleside, Rockport, Mathis, Aransas Pass and Goliad all have the same path to the playoffs this year, just like Sinton.
It just so happens that at this point, Rockport, Sinton, Mathis and Ingleside are all looking pretty strong at this point. Many of us fans are taking a little more guarded position BECAUSE this year looks to be very challenging.
So many good-looking teams around the coastal bend.
Let's just take it one game at a time, please?:)

Go Pirates!
Beat da Bears!
:clap:

IrishTex
09-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
That is flattering for many who support our team.
In all seriousness, Sinton doesn't go 12-0, 10-0 or even 1-0 every year. Sinton's history is rife with long periods of success and abject failures on the field. Tough to say but true.
As was mentioned, the area doesn't always have the best athletes, but like the Valley, they have players and teams who do as good as what God gave them.(don't ever quote that)
This year is NOT going to be a cake walk at all. Not even close. This year is brand new, and just like most 3A teams around, one or two injuries(or more) can and just might make or break a season of hard work.
The year now is just two weeks into the Pirates schedule... so even though we are proud of the effort our boys have shown so far, nothing is guaranteed. I know this might seem a tad like down-playing but it really isn't.
Ingleside, Rockport, Mathis, Aransas Pass and Goliad all have the same path to the playoffs this year, just like Sinton.
It just so happens that at this point, Rockport, Sinton, Mathis and Ingleside are all looking pretty strong at this point. Many of us fans are taking a little more guarded position BECAUSE this year looks to be very challenging.
So many good-looking teams around the coastal bend.
Let's just take it one game at a time, please?:)

Go Pirates!
Beat da Bears!
:clap:

That's a great post..!! Thanks!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Teams from Sinton's district, such as Aransas Pass, Ingleside and Mathis have all won Region 4 at least once in the past, with Sinton and Mathis each earning state final appearances. Sinton is a traditional power in an area not high in move-ins and low in overall athletic talent. They produce results through effort, dedication, and rabid community support. That's the way it is in South Texas. We won't produce D1 recruits in high numbers, but our teams will never lose for lack of effort. very good post and accurate.

pirate4state
09-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Teams from Sinton's district, such as Aransas Pass, Ingleside and Mathis have all won Region 4 at least once in the past, with Sinton and Mathis each earning state final appearances. Sinton is a traditional power in an area not high in move-ins and low in overall athletic talent. They produce results through effort, dedication, and rabid community support. That's the way it is in South Texas. We won't produce D1 recruits in high numbers, but our teams will never lose for lack of effort. and have been blessed with great coaches. :inlove:

pirate4state
09-16-2010, 09:43 AM
SFiA -- have you seen Oso play this season?

GO PIRATES!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-16-2010, 07:00 PM
SFiA -- have you seen Oso play this season?

GO PIRATES!!! nope

SintonFan88
09-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Sinton will win friday night. Not too sure about the score but by 3 touchdowns or so. I will be there. Already have my tickets. Finally a home game.

SintonFan
09-16-2010, 11:59 PM
West Oso does seem to be improving each week. It would be good to heed Phil C.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-17-2010, 12:57 PM
i was in Ricardo and it was pouring. looks like its moving towards corpus area

Phil C
09-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Raining in Sinton.

sinton66
09-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Raining in Sinton.

Good, means we don't have to water the field.:D

pirate4state
09-17-2010, 03:45 PM
As long as it isn't anything like the rain we had at Buc Stadium vs. Pearsall. :eek:

I'm sure we'll be rained on tonight at some point. Don't forget your mosquito spray!!!

AND

Don't forget that the Sinton Lady Pirates will play West Oso at 4:30 pm. GO SLP!

Ranger354
09-17-2010, 04:01 PM
it will be raining tonight .....

rain (http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?zoommode=out&num=6&delay=15&scale=1.000&noclutter=0&ID=CRP&type=N0R&lat=28.03470039&lon=-97.50881958&label=Sinton, TX&showstorms=0&map.x=388&map.y=255&centerx=400&centery=240&lightning=1&smooth1&showlabels=1&rainsnow=1)

MUSTANG69
09-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Good luck to the Pirates. I just hope your boys don't underestimate West Oso. They always have talent and a lot of speed. If they ever get it together they can be tough to beat. Once again, good luck Sinton.

AP Panther Fan
09-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Good Luck....there, I said it....now I have to post something on the Ingleside thread!

Take the umbrella!

Ranger354
09-17-2010, 05:25 PM
at what point do the postpone??????? i know they delay because of lightning 30 min.....

sinfan75
09-17-2010, 05:34 PM
I bet they call it pretty quick. I don't see this stuff lettin up for a good while. Too much lightning.

Ranger354
09-17-2010, 05:39 PM
i remember them post poneing one for thirty min a year or so back. I am wish it would let up......Ready for some Football!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Game is postpone tommorrow is what i heard

Ranger354
09-17-2010, 06:12 PM
i heard that also.....wonder what time?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-17-2010, 06:13 PM
i heard that also.....wonder what time? they dont know what time yet but maybe in Calallen could be a option.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-17-2010, 06:25 PM
game is tommorrow at Calallen at 2 pm

Phil C
09-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

Will we be able to use the tickets we have already purchased?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Will we be able to use the tickets we have already purchased? Sorry Phil but we Calallenites need the money for the turf that got put on :)

JK not sure about that

sinfan75
09-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Sinton shoulda put turf down but nooo!:D

pirate4state
09-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Sinton shoulda put turf down but nooo!:D

Exactly! ugh

Hope we can use our tickets, but will be there even if we can't!

Will try and find out.

You will be able to use your ticket in Calallen tomorrow.

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Yall be safe down there. The weather looks like it never slowed down when I left at 1:00pm.:(

Link to current radar. Click on play animation. (http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?location=USTX0166&animate=true)

Ranger354
09-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Why would you want to play a team that has great speed on turf.....? Better to play them in the mud.

GP and Rockport are playing in Rockport.....

Some things just don't make sense.

And I will be in SA tomorrow and miss the game.....

pirate4state
09-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Why would you want to play a team that has great speed on turf.....? Better to play them in the mud.

And I will be in SA tomorrow and miss the game.....

Did you see how much water was on our field? There is no way we could have played on it tonight or tomorrow.

I'm glad they postponed the game. Better to be safe than sorry!

Sorry you'll miss the game.

Maroon87
09-17-2010, 08:42 PM

Get ready for $10 parking...:devil: ;)

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 08:46 PM
When I left, the sky was so dark over Sinton I was expecting to see tornadoes reaching to the ground. It reminded me of what I saw back in late 1983 and early 1984 for the type of rain I saw from West Sinton. Those were two horrible floods.

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

Can you fax SFiA your pass?:D

GP_Fan
09-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

Still paying for that turf I see. You should have Mrs. Ford working the gate. lol

Ranger354
09-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Mud slows down speed....... It would have been a mess, and this game doesn't mean anything as far as District Play... But Mud slows down speed.

I almost went to the GP / Rockport game....

And yes Turf would be nice....But my taxes are high enough!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Can you fax SFiA your pass?:D i'll walk to the stadium :D

sinton66
09-17-2010, 09:04 PM
When I left, the sky was so dark over Sinton I was expecting to see tornadoes reaching to the ground. It reminded me of what I saw back in late 1983 and early 1984 for the type of rain I saw from West Sinton. Those were two horrible floods.

It'd be hard to beat '84. Rained 27 inches in 4-1/2 hours in Odem.

sinton3055
09-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Hey what's up ranger354? I don't know if you remember me but I'm the guy you went hunting with in berclair with the dogs.

sinfan75
09-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Spent the night at DQ in Odem in 83'. Got caught in that mess between Odem and Edroy.

sinton3055
09-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Was that hurrican Bula 66?

sinfan75
09-17-2010, 09:28 PM

And I will be in SA tomorrow and miss the game..... No offense but I don't think they're THAT fast.:D Besides Sinton ain't exactly a bunch of turtles you know.

sinton3055
09-17-2010, 09:32 PM
My buddies son plays for sinton and he says his pretty fast Kevin Silvas is his sons name.

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 09:33 PM
It'd be hard to beat '84. Rained 27 inches in 4-1/2 hours in Odem.

I saw a cow float over FM 630 during that flood.:D

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Spent the night at DQ in Odem in 83'. Got caught in that mess between Odem and Edroy.

There were two big floods.
One at the end(October) of 1983 and one Spring 1994. Both were horrible.

Ranger354
09-17-2010, 09:40 PM
28 inches in Bula....1967

I was evacuating people by fire truck in 1984 here in Sinton. I watched them launch air boats at the post office on main street.

I sure hope is doesn't rain tomorrow......

sinton66
09-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by sinton3055
Was that hurrican Bula 66?

No, it was October of 1984. Just a freak storm that blew up and sat right over Sinton and Odem. First time I ever remember water over Hwy 77 in Odem. The creek flooded out and every house to the north of mine got water in them. Mine was the first house that didn't get water in it. It got up over my north driveway and right up to the edge of my garage but not inside.

Corpus didn't get a drop and neither did the lake.

sinton3055
09-17-2010, 09:46 PM
That's crazy.

pirate4state
09-17-2010, 09:46 PM
No, it was October of 1984. Just a freak storm that blew up and sat right over Sinton and Odem. First time I ever remember water over Hwy 77 in Odem. The creek flooded out and every house to the north of mine got water in them. Mine was the first house that didn't get water in it. It got up over my north driveway and right up to the edge of my garage but not inside.

Corpus didn't get a drop and neither did the lake. I remember that flood. We had water in our house.

Ranger - the coaches and players all would have preferred tonight.

As I was driving in to Sinton from work (CC) it was lightning in the area and the radar showed heavy rains headed our way. Our practice fields were completely under water and our field had patches of standing water. Just wasn't safe enough to play. All the ditches along Pirate Blvd were filling up fast! It sucks, but it is what it is!

The beauty about turf is even if it rains tomorrow we can still play. That's why I wish we would get turf already! What's another million dollars? :D LOL

sinton3055
09-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Lol.

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 09:54 PM
What's another million dollars? :D LOL

It is what it is...:D lol

Ranger354
09-17-2010, 10:00 PM
I remember that flood. We had water in our house.

Ranger - the coaches and players all would have preferred tonight.

As I was driving in to Sinton from work (CC) it was lightning in the area and the radar showed heavy rains headed our way. Our practice fields were completely under water and our field had patches of standing water. Just wasn't safe enough to play. All the ditches along Pirate Blvd were filling up fast! It sucks, but it is what it is!

The beauty about turf is even if it rains tomorrow we can still play. That's why I wish we would get turf already! What's another million dollars? :D LOL

Turf is great, but can't play in the lightning..... And I thought they called the game a little early. Oso fans already in Sinton.. But like you or someone said. Better safe the sorry...

Watching 2 5A teams from Ark play football on TV.

pirate4state
09-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Turf is great, but can't play in the lightning..... And I thought they called the game a little early. Oso fans already in Sinton.. But like you or someone said. Better safe the sorry...

Watching 2 5A teams from Ark play football on TV. Really? I didn't see any Oso fans except the ones leaving from the VB game.

Oh well...we'll get to play tomorrow and I'll finally get to see them play!

SHSBulldog00
09-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Is there a internet broadcast or radio carrying the game?

pirate4state
09-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Is there a internet broadcast or radio carrying the game? Not that I know of, sorry.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Calallen scoreboard was malfunctioning last night and dont think its was fix so might be without a scoreboard.

sinton66
09-18-2010, 10:57 AM
What time is the game?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 10:59 AM
2:00 pm and its been a steady light rain all morning non stop

sinton66
09-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Hopefully you're going and will do your usual? PLEASE.;)

pirate4state
09-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Calallen scoreboard was malfunctioning last night and dont think its was fix so might be without a scoreboard. greeeeeeeeat....NOT!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Hopefully you're going and will do your usual? PLEASE.;) yes if it lets up will take my laptop also.

Sinton got the most rain in the area last night 3.5 inches then Odem and those two games were the only ones that didnt play.

AP Panther Fan
09-18-2010, 11:23 AM
The forecast http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Aransas+Pass+TX+78336

isn't good.

pirate4state
09-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

isn't good.

looks like fun :rolleyes: :D

AP Panther Fan
09-18-2010, 11:31 AM
looks like fun :rolleyes: :D

LOL...maybe if you are a duck.;)

Be careful driving over there!

99IHSMustang
09-18-2010, 11:38 AM
p4s, are you going to be posting updates?

pirate4state
09-18-2010, 11:47 AM
p4s, are you going to be posting updates?

not if it is raining. unless i can get into the pressbox :thinking: :D LOL

99IHSMustang
09-18-2010, 12:10 PM
not if it is raining. unless i can get into the pressbox :thinking: :D LOL

Do you not have a smartphone with browsing capabilities?

sinton66
09-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Okay, well, I find it's time to say......................................

GO PIRATES!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Okay, well, I find it's time to say......................................

GO PIRATES!!!! Beware of the Howling Bears!

44INAROW
09-18-2010, 12:26 PM

Watching 2 5A teams from Ark play football on TV.

I watched that too - one of the teams was Greenwood. I kept thinking of Ranger Mom ;)

sinfan75
09-18-2010, 12:33 PM
The other team is the one that got destroyed by Euless Trinity.:D

pirate4state
09-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Do you not have a smartphone with browsing capabilities? yes, but if it's raining I'm not gonna get my phone wet to update yall lol

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 12:40 PM
yes, but if it's raining I'm not gonna get my phone wet to update yall lol its water proof

99IHSMustang
09-18-2010, 12:40 PM
yes, but if it's raining I'm not gonna get my phone wet to update yall lol

That is what umbrellas are for.. :D

maroonpirate04
09-18-2010, 01:00 PM
The one friday i don't have host the winging banquet for our pilots at NAS the rain ruined my day:mad: now won't be able to see them play for already 3 weeks this just pisses me off, and today well i have to work tonight

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 01:37 PM
still raining, Sinton passes the ball and could be tough in this rain

sinton66
09-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Game on yet?

pirate4state
09-18-2010, 02:22 PM
we are up 7-0, sometime in the 1st. lol

our drive was stalled by a penalty ans inc passes

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 02:26 PM
quick 1st qtr

7-0 Sinton

WO might be a 0 yds for the game

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Sinton 20 West Oso 0 few secs left WO with the ball at their 20

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 03:01 PM
qb chased in the backfield and sacked and fumbles Sinton recovers in end zone

ruled down no td

halftime
Sinton 20 West Oso 0

WO is - yds for the game so far

sinton66
09-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Any update?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Carson Cave with 3 TD passes( 2 to Banda and 1 to Laws)

sinton66
09-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Sounds like the rain hasn't bothered them too much.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 03:20 PM
2nd half in few mins

still light rain and no scoreboard

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Go Pirates!!!:clap:

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

isn't good.

Is the game in Aransas?:D

sinton66
09-18-2010, 03:27 PM
GO PIRATES!!!

sinton66
09-18-2010, 03:41 PM
The suspenders are killing me here. :D

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 03:43 PM
The suspenders are killing me here. :D

lol:D

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Carson Cave with his 4th td pass. TD pass was to Laws

3rd qtr
Sinton 27 West Oso 0

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 03:51 PM
fake punt that was completed for 17 yds gets WO over the minus yds.

raining little harder with some wind now.

WO on 4th and 1 pick up a yd for the 1st down as 3rd qtr ends

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 03:53 PM
WO at Sinton 43 and rain really coming down now and WO fumbles Sinton recovers at 48

99IHSMustang
09-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Carson Cave with his 4th td pass. TD pass was to Laws

3rd qtr
Sinton 27 West Oso 0

Sinton is taking it to them.

R4Editor
09-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Any updates from Georgetown on Poteet and Robinson?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 03:56 PM
2nd play Sinton fumbles and West Oso picks it up and takes it 52 yds for td

4th qtr
Sinton 27 West Oso 6

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Sinton gets to WO 42 yd line and drive stalls

punting

4th qtr

no scoreboard so dont know how much time is left

WO at their own 14

IrishTex
09-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Can you say c-a-k-e w-a-l-k?

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Can you say c-a-k-e w-a-l-k?

Can you say r-e-s-p-e-c-t?:p

sock it to me
sock it to me
sock it to me...

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Sinton takes over at WO 22 after WO went for it on 4th down

Cave sacked for 6 yd loss

Cave pass complete to Banda to 17 for 3rd and 5

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Sinton drive ends at 13 and WO takes over with just over 4 mins left

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Sinton scores on td run by Keith Garcia

Sinton 34 West Oso 6 4th qtr

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Woohoo!:clap:

Vrabird
09-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Has it finished yet?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Final
Sinton 34 West Oso 6

OnceABucJr
09-18-2010, 04:43 PM
The longest 4 min???

sinton66
09-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Way to go Pirates!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Sinton had couple of lineman go down during the game and didnt return. Hopefully just minor.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
The longest 4 min??? lol yea

sinton66
09-18-2010, 04:47 PM
So was WO actually slower than normal or did we just manage to stay with them?

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Final
Sinton 34 West Oso 6

Thanks for the updates SFia!:clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 05:00 PM
So was WO actually slower than normal or did we just manage to stay with them? the game was in turf so Sinton speed had the advantage :)

jj
Sinton just controlled the line of scrimmage defensively and was in the backfield most of the game, West Oso might have ended up with 50 yds maybe .

pirate4state
09-18-2010, 05:19 PM
fun game in the rain.....NOT! lol

at least it wasn't cold.

Good job Pirates!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 05:22 PM
fun game in the rain.....NOT! lol

at least it wasn't cold.

Good job Pirates! waiting for the offical stats :D

West Oso didnt end up with that many total yds. Sinton holding GP to 13 yds a few years ago was that a team record?

pirate4state
09-18-2010, 05:36 PM
waiting for the offical stats :D

West Oso didnt end up with that many total yds. Sinton holding GP to 13 yds a few years ago was that a team record? possibly. I'll find out later. :D

Phil C
09-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Sinton had couple of lineman go down during the game and didnt return. Hopefully just minor.

That does it! We need to also avoid playing in larger than 3A stadiums except in playoffs when it must be done.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 05:44 PM
That does it! We need to also avoid playing in larger than 3A stadiums except in playoffs when it must be done. And on rainy days

SintonFan_inAustin
09-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Sinton vs West Oso (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsV-P8bqr_Q)

Sinton held West Oso to 3 first downs and 63 total yards. Sinton gave up its first points of the year in the 2nd half on a fumble that West Oso return for a td. Sinton has scored in every quarter in each game this year.

sinton66
09-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Good video there, thanks.

SintonFan
09-19-2010, 10:34 AM

Sinton held West Oso to 3 first downs and 63 total yards. Sinton gave up its first points of the year in the 2nd half on a fumble that West Oso return for a td. Sinton has scored in every quarter in each game this year.

Nice video.
You editing skills are improving, too.:thumbsup:

I noticed Sinton had Mack truck sized holes when running that QB draw over and over again. Pretty cool how Cave kept the defense guessing by holding onto the ball till the last second on the handoffs.:clap:

pirate4state
09-19-2010, 12:47 PM

Why no defensive highlights? ;) :D

SintonFan_inAustin
09-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Nice video.
You editing skills are improving, too.:thumbsup:

I noticed Sinton had Mack truck sized holes when running that QB draw over and over again. Pretty cool how Cave kept the defense guessing by holding onto the ball till the last second on the handoffs.:clap: lol, just noticing the little extra icons on Power Director, hopefully i'll figure some of them out.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Why no defensive highlights? ;) :D thats when i update usually lol.