PDA

View Full Version : Terrelle Pryor - overrated?

trojandad
09-11-2010, 03:37 PM
How many years is the season gonna open up with headline after headline of how great Terrelle Pryor is gonna be? I understand the guy is big and fast, and I realize he is allowed growing pains, but just because he's shaped and built like Vince Young doesn't mean he's got the belief in himself that Young has.

Ohio State has got to go to Wisconsin and Iowa to play, and neither of those teams are the same teams that laid two losses on them last year. Plus they almost lost to Navy last year as a home game, a game they were FAR under the spread with. They're losing to Miami now, and I believe they are in for another 2 loss season at best, public relations department be darned.

Mack Brown said during Young's junior year that they had to learn to quit overcoaching Vince and give him the tools and get out of his way. That's what Vince was used to in high school, and under that freedom he beat Michigan in the last seconds his sophomore year and USC on the same play the next year. I don't know if Pryor is being overcoached, cause Tressel is known for strong handed game plans, so maybe the problem isn't Pryor's. I just know at this point in his career, he won't get mistaken for Vince Young any time soon, Kirk Herbstreit notwithstanding (espn influence again?? lol)

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2010, 03:43 PM
I'd take one Denard Robinson over ten Terrell Pryors.

trojandad
09-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I'd take one Denard Robinson over ten Terrell Pryors.

me too.....

DDBooger
09-11-2010, 03:51 PM
He's horribly inaccurate on those short throws. Last drive was good on the med-long. This drive he was bad on all his throws. Still isn't consistent.