PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny (3-0) @ Bellville (1-2)

R4Editor
09-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Sweeny lost two years ago 39-19 in Bellville. The Dogs make a return trip to the Pasture of Pain. Sweeny is coming off a 35-21 victory @ Brazosport while the Brahmas are coming home after losing to Cuero 28-8 last week.

SHSBulldog00
09-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Of course I'm going with Sweeny. The Dogs Big OL will be the difference IMO. They know they MUST play ALL FOUR QUARTERS THIS WEEK. It's never easy when you play in Bellville. I expect a great game.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Can someone post the 1st 3 games for sweeny and the scores of thoes games? I also think we have a coach in Bellville that was in Sweeny last few years?

scrub c
09-12-2010, 12:05 PM
sweeny wins this one

sinton66
09-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Can someone post the 1st 3 games for sweeny and the scores of thoes games? I also think we have a coach in Bellville that was in Sweeny last few years?

It's on the website.
Sweeny Bulldogs
08/27 @ Bay City W 14-7
09/03 Houston Jones W 42-0
09/10 @ Brazosport W 35-21

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
It's on the website.
Sweeny Bulldogs
08/27 @ Bay City W 14-7
09/03 Houston Jones W 42-0
09/10 @ Brazosport W 35-21

Thanks 66. Now what is the record and scores of these 3?

pirate4state
09-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks 66. Now what is the record and scores of these 3? Do you never look anything up for yourself or do you not know how??

R4Editor
09-12-2010, 04:47 PM
2-6

BRfalconfan
09-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Don't know who to pull for would like to see royal to give sweeny there first lose next week but I saw how hard it is to play in bellville last year so I see bellville winning in the end.

SHSBulldog00
09-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Bay City - Sweeny and Bay City is a rivalry game. Dogs did not play well offensively in the opener. W 14-7

Houston Jones - Sweeny took the starters out at half and didn't throw the ball the entire second half. 42-0 at the half. Coach let everyone play that game. Sweeny scored 3 TD's in the first Qtr. Then there next one on the 1st play of the 2nd Qtr. Score could of been a lot worse. W 42-0

Brazosport - Sweeny's best game offensively was against Brazosport 421 yards of offense. W 35-21

The offense seems to be more acclimated(sp?) to the new offense as the weeks have progressed. The defense is young and inexperienced but has played very well.

hookandladder
09-12-2010, 05:07 PM
In Texas Football magizine Sweeny is picked to win District that West Columbia is in, if WC is the third best team in that District I will have to go Sweeny by aleast 3 td's. I was amazed at West Columbia's team speed, unless grades and injury's hurt WC I see them having a great shot at winning that district.

Bull's-eye
09-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Brazosport is 1-2, defeated West Columbia 26-14, lost to Santa Fe 17-0 and just recently lost to Sweeny 35-21.

Bay City is 1-1, losing 14-7 to Sweeny & defeating Yates 31-28.

Jones is 1-2, defeated Sterling 14-7 and lost to Sweeny 42-0 and 50-0 to Montgomery.

FBB....Always glad to help, I know you have a slow internet service. :)

SHSBulldog00
09-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

Bay City is 0-2, losing 14-7 to Sweeny & Yates 31-28.

Actually Bay City beat Houston Yates 31-28

Our opponents are 3-5

Falcongrad&Dad
09-12-2010, 05:28 PM
I think that Bellville is in a rebuilding year. Have to go with Sweeny on this one. Sorry Bellville. Would like to see ya'll pull one out though.

Bull's-eye
09-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Actually Bay City beat Houston Yates 31-28

Our opponents are 3-5

Thanks, I fixed my post.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Do you never look anything up for yourself or do you not know how??

Show me in the rules that we can not ask questions on this web site. 66 had no problem with answering my question, and I thanked him. The next person to ask a question on this web site I guess you will call them dumb also for asking? Do you have a problem with me asking a question or do you just want to start something again?

pirate4state
09-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Show me in the rules that we can not ask questions on this web site. 66 had no problem with answering my question, and I thanked him. The next person to ask a question on this web site I guess you will call them dumb also for asking? Do you have a problem with me asking a question or do you just want to start something again? LOL not trying to "start" anything. Just curious why you can't look stuff up, but it seems bulls-eye has answered that...you have a s-l-o-w internet feed.

2 krunk
09-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Not that it matters, but Sweeny and Bay City has never been a rival game. Needville, West Columbia, Van Vleck, and maybe B'port; but never Bay City!!! Let's get it right.

SHSBulldog00
09-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by 2 krunk
Not that it matters, but Sweeny and Bay City has never been a rival game. Needville, West Columbia, Van Vleck, and maybe B'port; but never Bay City!!! Let's get it right.

Let me correct myself; It is a game that is growing into a rivalry.

BrahmaMom
09-12-2010, 10:24 PM
This is Bellville's Homecoming, can we not put aside petty things and talk a little FOOTBALL! I do what I can to pump folks up, but darn, it doesn't look like I have much company. C'mon Bellville fans, let's get behind this team and make some noise! GO BULLS!

SHSBulldog00
09-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Go Dogs!!!!!! On the road for the third out of four weeks!!! Let's continue to play all 4 QTRS like last week and bring home another W!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-13-2010, 08:09 AM
LOL not trying to "start" anything. Just curious why you can't look stuff up, but it seems bulls-eye has answered that...you have a s-l-o-w internet feed.

Do us all a favor and stay out of any post that has to do with Bellville, it is clear you were trying to start something again! Just make sure next time someone ask a question on this web site you call them dumb also!

JDOG
09-13-2010, 08:45 AM
The Dogs will win and go into B Royal 4-0. I must say this team has surprised me. I really thought with this schedule and all the youth, this team would be 1-4 or 2-3 at best going into District. Good job by the kids and the Coaching Staff!

pirate4state
09-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Do us all a favor and stay out of any post that has to do with Bellville, it is clear you were trying to start something again! Just make sure next time someone ask a question on this web site you call them dumb also! Jeez sensitive much? edited....lhpm
GO SWEENY!

pancho villa
09-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Do us all a favor and stay out of any post that has to do with Bellville, it is clear you were trying to start something again! Just make sure next time someone ask a question on this web site you call them dumb also!

Do you need some cheese with that whine? get a life!

pancho villa
09-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
This is Bellville's Homecoming, can we not put aside petty things and talk a little FOOTBALL! I do what I can to pump folks up, but darn, it doesn't look like I have much company. C'mon Bellville fans, let's get behind this team and make some noise! GO BULLS!

It is homecoming in Bellville.Edit ZB2-09-16

Bull's-eye
09-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
It is homecoming in Bellville.Will the homecoming Queen spit out her dip of snuff before kissing the King?

Pancho, this is really getting old. Would you please stop with the dip & snuff posts?

pancho villa
09-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Pancho, this is really getting old. Would you please stop with the dip & snuff posts?

Edit ZB2-- 09-16

SHSBulldog00
09-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by JDOG
The Dogs will win and go into B Royal 4-0. I must say this team has surprised me. I really thought with this schedule and all the youth, this team would be 1-4 or 2-3 at best going into District. Good job by the kids and the Coaching Staff!

Well the defense is young. The offense isn't 7 Seniors including 4 on the OL. It did suprise me some but these kids just win. It's all they know.

2 krunk
09-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Pancho! Why do most of your posts have something to do with eating? Enough with the cheese. Your more of a 14 samich eating fool!

Lucky2Coach
09-13-2010, 01:51 PM
This is the ultimate "trap" game for Sweeny. The Dogs were impressive last week, but are they going to overlook a Bellville team that can easily step up and beat them? I think Sweeny is the better team, but with these conditions: at Bellville, HC, Brahmas backs against the wall, a little home-cookin' maybe by the refs, Dogs looking ahead to B-Royal...I think Bellville squeeks one out.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Do all the womem in your family dip snuff?

Do any of the people in west columbia know you post on here?

SHSBulldog00
09-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
This is the ultimate "trap" game for Sweeny. The Dogs were impressive last week, but are they going to overlook a Bellville team that can easily step up and beat them? I think Sweeny is the better team, but with these conditions: at Bellville, HC, Brahmas backs against the wall, a little home-cookin' maybe by the refs, Dogs looking ahead to B-Royal...I think Bellville squeeks one out.

Your right. The players need to stay focused on the task at hand and that is beating the Brahma's. I think they will be totally focused on Bellville.

IHStangFan
09-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Sweeny by a couple of scores.

Bull's-eye
09-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Bellville did play a good 2nd half vs Cuero, but will need a full 48 minute effort to stay with Sweeny. IMO, the Brahmas made some strides in last week's game. Offense finally starting moving the ball, they just need to do a better job of keeping the chains moving, avoid the drive killing penalties and protect the ball. Bellville only attempted one deep pass, would like to see a few more to keep the defense honest and hopefully hit on a big play or two. The defense had a few mental mistakes and struggled to wrap up the ball carrier (#27 could of had something to do with that), but they also played much better in the 2nd half. Sweeny is definitely the favorite, but Bellville has the advantage of playing at home.

SHSBulldog00
09-13-2010, 08:58 PM
It would be nice if we could sustain a drive and use some clock. (T.O.P.)

SHSBulldog00
09-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
In Texas Football magizine Sweeny is picked to win District that West Columbia is in, if WC is the third best team in that District I will have to go Sweeny by aleast 3 td's. I was amazed at West Columbia's team speed, unless grades and injury's hurt WC I see them having a great shot at winning that district.

I don't think WC is the third best in district, but Sweeny should win this game. If they play the way they are capable of it could be over early. The Brahmas will try for the upset cause they don't want to lose Homecoming. The Dogs will have to use their size and speed to wear down the Brahmas.

SHSBulldog00
09-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Anyone want to discuss the game?

SHSBulldog00
09-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Guess I'll go and wait until the Bellville posters are available.......

baseballcoach13
09-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Do any of the people in west columbia know you post on here?

Not a single person

pirate4state
09-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Guess I'll go and wait until the Bellville posters are available....... I would but I have been instructed to stay away from Bellville threads. It should be noted that I never listen! :D

Anyway, I am following your district very closely this year. If Sinton makes the playoffs we will square up with D29 in Round 1. :)

SHSBulldog00
09-14-2010, 12:00 PM
I would but I have been instructed to stay away from Bellville threads. It should be noted that I never listen! :D

Anyway, I am following your district very closely this year. If Sinton makes the playoffs we will square up with D29 in Round 1. :)

I've been following District 30 pretty closely. Should be a great district season. I see 4 teams (Sinton, Mathis, Rockport-Fulton and Ingleside) and only three spots. Wouldn't want to be the one left out. But I think it is possible we (Sweeny and Sinton) could play in the first round.

What kind of parking should I expect in Bellville with their Homecoming?

SHSBulldog00
09-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Sweeny sees this as a revenge game for 2008. I think it will be a great hard fought game. Both teams, fans and communities have a lot of passion and it will be on display Friday.

Bull's-eye
09-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Anyone want to discuss the game?

Are you going to the game? If you do, buy some of those sausage wraps......very good!!

What kind of running backs does Sweeny have?

JDOG
09-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
This is the ultimate "trap" game for Sweeny. The Dogs were impressive last week, but are they going to overlook a Bellville team that can easily step up and beat them? I think Sweeny is the better team, but with these conditions: at Bellville, HC, Brahmas backs against the wall, a little home-cookin' maybe by the refs, Dogs looking ahead to B-Royal...I think Bellville squeeks one out. I see your thinking, but B Ville has too much tradition for Sweeny to do that. They know they are in for a battle. Also knowing a Sweeny ex coach is there and firing them up is a big motivation.

SHSBulldog00
09-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Are you going to the game? If you do, buy some of those sausage wraps......very good!!

I'll be there. Sausage wrap sounds good to me. Course I love to eat.

Hard to say we really haven't used our RB's much (very few carries for each). But we have like 5 of them. They all have good speed.

What does Bellville look like this year? How big is the OL?

Bull's-eye
09-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Bellville is very young, someting like 26 underclassman on the team. The O-line averages 253 lbs, the unit struggled in the first game, but has been imroving week to week. Bellville lacks team speed, don't have a lot of the dangerous type players on the offense side of the ball. The defense is extremely young, only 2 Sr's start along with a handful Jr's, Soph's and even 1 freshman.

SHSBulldog00
09-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Future looks bright with all the youth. I think Sweeny has 7 SR's on offense and 5 Sr.'s on defense but not certain. Sweeny's OL is a little bigger..about 260 or so.

How about parking with it being ya'lls Homecoming?

Bull's-eye
09-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Parking won't be a problem, they just recently added a visitor's lot. From what I her, Bellville's future is looking bright. The freshman team should be one of the better classes in quite some time, with three of them are already on the varsity.

R4Editor
09-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Heard that the JV will play Thursday in Sweeny but the Freshmen are going to Bellville. Don't the JV and Freshmen play at the same place?

SHSBulldog00
09-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
Heard that the JV will play Thursday in Sweeny but the Freshmen are going to Bellville. Don't the JV and Freshmen play at the same place?

That's news to me. A lot of parents are gonna be upset!!!!!!!

R4Editor
09-14-2010, 07:16 PM
There are some other school's in Region IV that do that as well.

SHSBulldog00
09-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Well, I'll be in Sweeny Thursday for a preview.

SHSBulldog00
09-14-2010, 07:20 PM
I think a whole week of practice will help the Dogs. Two years ago we had 1 1/2 days of practice and the entire community had no electric. (The IKE Game)

SHSBulldog00
09-14-2010, 07:23 PM

We don't have #3 anymore. But they are very talented.

muscatcannelli
09-14-2010, 08:41 PM
is knoll back?

zebrablue2
09-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor

for some reason this yr. one jr. high team, a&b goes with the FR. and the other with the JV...

11as1
09-14-2010, 11:43 PM
In this game I'm going with the Bulldogs. I think they have something to prove after going to Bellville in '08 and losing. However, I do believe that this will be a close game... atleast until the second half. I know this is Bellville's homecoming and they will come out fired up for it. But this will be to no avail, the Sweeny Bulldogs take this one by no less than two touchdowns.

hookandladder
09-15-2010, 06:12 AM
We don't have #3 anymore. But they are very talented.

As long as you have Lemon at QB , Sweeny will roll.He has to many moves and speed for Bellville to control, he just about single handed beat us last year in the playoffs.

JDOG
09-15-2010, 07:58 AM
There is also a couple of very good tailbacks and receivers to compliment him (Lemon). Offensive line big, questionable but getting better.

Bull's-eye
09-15-2010, 09:01 AM
I think a whole week of practice will help the Dogs. Two years ago we had 1 1/2 days of practice and the entire community had no electric. (The IKE Game)

I remember talking to some of your coaches, gained a lot of respect for them & the Sweeny team for playing that game. After Ike, we all needed some football.

BrahmaMom
09-15-2010, 09:34 AM
The Brahmas should be hungry for a win. 48 minutes of full speed, mistake free ball played with emotion should get it for them. C'mon, Bellville, let's get behind this team and let 'em hear more than me from the stands (I'm sure they are sick of that). Brahmas have the tools, they need to execute and wrap up the opposition. Let's go, Bulls!!! We love ya!

Bull's-eye
09-15-2010, 11:11 AM
BrahmaMom...... You moms have been doing a great job supporting the team. I have always said that you can tell who the true fans are during the lean years, anybody can support a winner. Bellville has been blessed over the last decade, having one of the top 3A programs in the state. Future looks bright, let's support this team and help lay the groundwork for more of that winning success. :)

BrahmaMom
09-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks, Bull's-eye. You are so right, it's so easy to support a championship team, and easier to let go of a young team who doesn't appear to "Have it". This Brahma team "has it" we saw that in the scrimmages. I think this group is going to take control with the blessings of a confident coaching staff and go for it. Look out, cuz here comes the Stampede into the Pasture of Pain! Let loose, Brahmas! Leave it all on the field!

duckhunter
09-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
This Brahma team "has it" we saw that in the scrimmages.

:confused: :confused:

BrahmaMom
09-15-2010, 04:16 PM
duckhunter, you don't agree with me?

SHSBulldog00
09-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Our focus is squarely on Bellville. The team is taking a workman's attitude this week. Starting 4-0 is really important for the players and coaching staff. Sweeny will get the job done.

2 krunk
09-15-2010, 10:39 PM
This message board needs something. Where is lilballa 255 when things get boring! It was so much more fun when he was bashing coaches and programs. Come out balla!!!

Red Bull
09-16-2010, 07:44 AM
Brahma Mom, There are plenty supporters in the stands. Not all of them feel compelled to stand up and yell every play (especially when there isn't much to yell about). They do support their team in many ways and that is evident by them loading up the car and driving 2 plus hours to a game like last week. If I recall there wasn't much to yell about in Caldwell and Cuero when you get beat by a combined score of like 54-8.

I personally have supported Bellville and been at the games for almost 50 years now. I have seen them win and seen them loose. I was a fan as a kid, played for the Bulls and support them now as well. Yes there are plenty of fair weather fans who jump on the bandwagon when you are winning for that happens everywhere, but don't make it sound like you are the only supporter since you stand up and yell. One more thing, make sure you come support the team even after your son graduates. What gets me are the fans who only come to games when their kids are involved with the school, but are never seen from again after their kid graduates. Here's to hoping you will be there for them in the years to come as well.

GO BULLS! Go out and play great versus Sweeney this Friday night and the stands will be loud. The crowd feeds off of what happens on the field so go make it happen and they will be loud.

BrahmaMom
09-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Red Bull: I appreciate and respect your awesome loyalty to the Brahmas. I could never hope to be that kind of a fan. I remember recent winning streaks and play-offs that were lots of fun. I apologize if my loud enthusiasm offends me, I will try to tone it down just for you. You deserve a ton of credit for your long time love of the Bahmas. Teams have told me they are inspired by numbers (like you) and noise (like me) in the stands. Will I be there for fifty years, no. But I hope to keep up the attendence as my life allows.

SHSBulldog00
09-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Who is the Freshman RB for the Brahma's....Reece or Pouncy?

LeonJr
09-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Leon says Bellville upsets Sweeny by 6 this week...

Bull's-eye
09-16-2010, 11:30 AM

Those guys are both seniors, I hadn't seen a freshman at RB. One freshman starts at bandit/rover and one plays receiver.

SHSBulldog00
09-16-2010, 01:36 PM
I just heard you had a freshman starting and the paper was talking about Reece and Pouncy. I thought the freshman might be one of the RB's. My mistake.

11as1
09-16-2010, 02:13 PM

Not sure if he's a freshman or not but the Kocher boy is new to the Brahmas. His the son of the new superintendent adn plays fullback. I believe last week he had 2 carries for 7 yards

Red Bull
09-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Brahma Mom

I did not mean to imply you should not cheer, scream, jump up and down or whatever. You and whomever can support the team as you so choose. I just was a little concerned and inclined to respond after you made it sound like you were the only one supporting the Brahmas. Others and myself have been there for years and just may not be as loud as yourself, but we are there and will be for years and years to come.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Heard Bellville 8th grade A team won, and Bellville Freshmen were up 18-0 at half over Sweeny?

zebrablue2
09-16-2010, 09:57 PM
I will go with the bulls by 1 friday night at the pasture. get um men!!!

SHSBulldog00
09-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Sweeny 7TH A lost to Bellville 14-22

Sweeny 7th B won 14-0

Sweeny JV was losing 21-10 in the 4th when I left. Too many bad snaps and TO's.

areacode337
09-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Sweeny JV 18 Bellville JV 28

SHSBulldog00
09-16-2010, 10:29 PM
The JV Kicker for Sweeny made a 49 yd FG with no wind. Great Job Jordan:clap: :clap:

BrahmaMom
09-16-2010, 11:20 PM
All's good, Red Bull. I am disappointed in fair weather fans, remember when stands were packed--obviously you were one of them and players appreciate that, thanks. Let's support our Bulls together in this battle against Sweeny. I have faith in the team, let's do it, Bulls!

BrahmaMom
09-17-2010, 08:53 AM
It's GAME DAY, Homecoming, and time to leave it all on the field, Brahmas. We are improving each week and the team works hard all week long. Let's take care of business and beat Sweeney tonight! GO BULLS!

Bull's-eye
09-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Anybody have the final for the freshman game?

Bull's-eye
09-17-2010, 10:29 AM
The JV Kicker for Sweeny made a 49 yd FG with no wind. Great Job Jordan:clap: :clap:

Wow! Sweeny must have a very good kicker on varsity or they will be moving this kid up very soon.

buff4ever
09-17-2010, 11:27 AM
I guess the bellville helmet crew MAY not have any problems with where to put the helmet this week.

You guys crack me up:D

buff4ever
09-17-2010, 11:28 AM

Impressive right there.

R4Editor
09-17-2010, 11:51 AM
that is impressive.

SHSBulldog00
09-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Wow! Sweeny must have a very good kicker on varsity or they will be moving this kid up very soon.

The boy on varsity is pretty good as well. He is a Senior. The Kicker on the JV is just a Soph.

SHSBulldog00
09-17-2010, 12:47 PM
What do the field conditions look like for tonight in Bellville?

MJMbrahmas10
09-17-2010, 01:29 PM
This is goin to be a good one. Sorry brahma posters I haven't been on. Just had a super busy couple of weeks. I have really been InPressed with Reese his numera this year are comparable with many great runnin backs from bellville in the past. He almost reminds me of Brandon Harris back in 05-06. Well good luck bulls. Almost that time Also which coach is from sweeney

BrahmaMom
09-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Glad you are back, MJM, we need more Brahma fans on here, getting ready to support our team and school. It will be a big show tonight. Good luck to the team, band, drill team and cheerleaders as they put their best out for Bellville. GO BRAHMAS!!! This is what all those hours of drills and practice and conditioning are for--show us what you got!

zebrablue2
09-17-2010, 03:30 PM
almost game time!! go get a W BULLS!!

SHSBulldog00
09-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
Also which coach is from sweeney

The coach from Sweeny is Tom Holcomb. He was an assistant here in Sweeny. A really good guy.

SHSBulldog00
09-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Go Dogs!!!! Let's be aggressive and get our 4th W of the year.

JDOG
09-18-2010, 12:35 AM
You got it! Easy win.

SHSBulldog00
09-18-2010, 01:42 AM
Dogs Win 34-9! Great job guys keep up the good work.

SHSBulldog00
09-18-2010, 08:28 AM
I would like to commend the Bellville Brahmas. The team played very tough throughout the night and showed alot of class. They are a bunch of fine young men. The fans were also gracious host. Your record does not indicated how good your team really is. Good Luck for the remainder of the season.

Bull's-eye
09-18-2010, 10:31 AM
I would like to commend the Bellville Brahmas. The team played very tough throughout the night and showed alot of class. They are a bunch of fine young men. The fans were also gracious host. Your record does not indicated how good your team really is. Good Luck for the remainder of the season.

Sweeny proved to be a very worthy opponent, hats off to them and good luck the rest of the season. QB was fantastic, that last TD pass was a thing of beauty.

SHSBulldog00...........Enjoy your posts and the input you bring to this forum, you got my vote for poster of the year! :)

SHSBulldog00
09-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Sweeny proved to be a very worthy opponent, hats off to them and good luck the rest of the season. QB was fantastic, that last TD pass was a thing of beauty.

SHSBulldog00...........Enjoy your posts and the input you bring to this forum, you got my vote for poster of the year! :)

Thank you Bull's-eye, I try to do my homework best I can before I make my post. Good Luck Bellville next week with Needville.

Reds fan
09-18-2010, 12:10 PM

:ditto:

Add to Sweeny QB the receiver, #5, smoked our coverage! Bellville had NO answer to match him, tremendous acceleration with the ball in the air!

XMan
09-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Good thing Bellville had their blow up doll. Otherwise, the score would have been much worse. lol

R4Editor
09-18-2010, 01:16 PM
The Sweeny Offense looked very potent and their Defense came up with stops when they needed. Sweeny amassed 444 yds for the game. 187 Passing and 257 Rushing. Bellville had 229 yds total.

Red Bull
09-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Your record is what it is. Bellville is 1-3 and does not look very good right now. A lot of issues, too many to discuss here now. Lets hope they address some of these issues and get it going by district. I would like to see them give #20 a shot at QB. Hard to believe they have been in 3 semi blowout games and the backup QB has yet to take a snap.

duckhunter
09-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
Your record is what it is. Bellville is 1-3 and does not look very good right now. A lot of issues, too many to discuss here now. Lets hope they address some of these issues and get it going by district. I would like to see them give #20 a shot at QB. Hard to believe they have been in 3 semi blowout games and the backup QB has yet to take a snap.

as long as their is time on the clock, their is time to win

Bull's-eye
09-20-2010, 09:44 PM
I would like to see them give #20 a shot at QB. Hard to believe they have been in 3 semi blowout games and the backup QB has yet to take a snap.

You are not alone, I would definitely like to see #20. The Sweeny QB showed us how a dual threat can cause nightmares for the opposing defenses. Several times when nothing was open, he kept drives alive by running the ball. Bellville has not seen either of these qualities(passing or running) from their current QB, so what would it hurt to see Fuchs? The kid has great size needed to be an effective QB, would definitely stand taller in the pocket and be more of a threat running the ball. With this being a rebuilding season, why not get the sophomore ready for the future?

Red Bull
09-21-2010, 07:25 AM
Duckhunter, Have you been to any of the games? When you get behind by a couple scores and you cannot pass it really doesn't matter how much time is on the clock.

Bull's Eye, Maybe we will see #20 this week. He deserves a shot or at least someone does at this time. The season and making the playoffs could come down to an early district showdown with Columbus so I would hope someone else would get some reps.

duckhunter
09-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Duckhunter, Have you been to any of the games? When you get behind by a couple scores and you cannot pass it really doesn't matter how much time is on the clock.

Bull's Eye, Maybe we will see #20 this week. He deserves a shot or at least someone does at this time. The season and making the playoffs could come down to an early district showdown with Columbus so I would hope someone else would get some reps.

all fair points. the only logical explanation that comes to mind is because of Fuchs size maybe the coaches feel he is the only weapon they have catching the ball by just praying the quarterback can throw the duck close enough to him that he can man handle the defender and catch it? with that being said I will agree with the 3adownlow hall of famer bulls-eye and say lets see Fuchs take a couple snaps. it sure aint gunna hurt anything