PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 3 GotW: Liberty Eylau (3-0) @ Gilmer (1-2)

charlesrixey
09-11-2010, 01:32 PM
will LE finally get over the Gilmer hump this year?

The buckeyes are reeling after consecutive losses for the first time in forever. This will be a big tone-setter for both teams for the rest of the year.

This will be a great matchup of two teams that won 2 titles in the last dozen years

LE Dad
09-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
will LE finally get over the Gilmer hump this year?

YES!!! :D

charlesrixey
09-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
YES!!! :D

well i already knew you would be looking forward to this one LED

LE Dad
09-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Yes sir... This will be the game to see in East Texas!! Gilmer is scoring alot of points but giving up more. This is basically the same LE team that held them to only 35pts last year (regular season low). LE actually lead that game at one point 17-9 but a series of turnovers and penalities cost them the game.

This year the LEopards are playing with far less mistakes and are lead on the ground by SR RB Tra Carson who is averaging 168 yds a game including 233 last night and QB Trey Norman who is adding another 70 yds a game on the ground.

LE has a couple of deep threats a WR in Brian Reed and Robert Jackson along with several kids who will catch the more possession type passes.

This will be a hard fought game, but I think the LEopards come out on top.

:nerd:

hollywood
09-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Gilmer rebounds.

lulu
09-11-2010, 05:05 PM
This should get interesting. :1popcorn:

LE Dad
09-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Gilmer rebounds. That figures....

The Lions are already thinking bout hoops.:D

DDBooger
09-11-2010, 07:27 PM
That figures....

The Lions are already be thinking bout hoops.:D lol

hollywood
09-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
lol

Lol

BEAST
09-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Get ready LE. You kept prowling out thread last week. Gilmer will flat dankey stomp this week.

BEAST

trojandad
09-11-2010, 11:06 PM
That figures....

+1

I'm thinking there must be a better GOTW in reg III....

lulu
09-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Get ready LE. You kept prowling out thread last week. Gilmer will flat dankey stomp this week.

BEAST

come on Beast..do you see any Gilmer folks on here. I don't think they believe they will dankey stomp. I'm for em( sorry LE Dad...you know I luv ya) but I'm upset at their absence after 2 losses. Geezzz...that tells me a lot about the confidence they have. GET UP.....heck if I ran away every time Spring Hill lost I'd never show up. We just won our first one this season.

LE Dad
09-12-2010, 11:14 AM
This should not be a blowout either way. Gilmer hasn't been blown out this year, and all of our recent meetings have been competitive. I am just interested to see how they handle Tra, he looks like Billy Simms the way he runs people over or just drags them for an extra 5 yds.

poisoned10
09-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Gilmer's defense is going to have to stop trying to tackle like they are pulling flags if they want to be able to slow people down. We are giving up WAY too many yards after initial contact. Our defense is playing soft and seem like they are scared to hit anyone. I wish I knew how many times we ran right passed the ball carrier and barely put a hand on them. I don't know if I could count that high.

Offensively, we are decent. We would be great if it wasn't for all of the turnovers. Against Atlanta,we had 1 turnover, an INT thrown by Jordan Traylor. Against, Tatum, we had 3 INTs and lost 1 or 2 fumbles. Against Jacksonville, we threw 4 or 5 INTs and lost 2 fumbles. That's about 12 turnovers with 11 coming in the last 2 games.

When/if Gilmer stops turning the ball over, things will be MUCH better. Defense will have more rest and stop having to play with short fields and the offense will be able to score even more, or atleast be able to punt it so they don't start at our 40 yard line or closer every other possesion.

Things will be fine in Gilmer. Once Luke really gets the feel of QB, since he hasn't played there since he was in 8th grade, things will run much smoother.

Also, when/if we get the Miller bothers back on defense, that will help a lot too.

Anyways, Gilmer finds their swagger again this week and scrapes past LE for the win.

Aesculus gilmus
09-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Gilmer's defense is going to have to stop trying to tackle like they are pulling flags if they want to be able to slow people down.

That's hilarious. Yep, you gotta "tackle the man with the ball" to be successful on defense. Realistically, Gilmer is just going to have to outscore people to win this year. It is what it is.

It's four INTs a game in each of the last two games. Being a passing team, I doubt if that total will vary much unless our QB learns not to force the ball. Stump was better at just throwing the ball away rather than into blanket coverage.

In fairness, Luke has not played QB except for a relative handful of mop-up snaps since 8th grade.

In more fairness, he's the main reason they've been in these last two games to begin with.

What's ironic is that I read one scouting report while he was being (mostly not) recruited on Stump that said he might beat you with his legs but would get you beat with his arm. That was very unfair as I doubt Stump averaged more than one interception per game last year.

Also, LE Dad, you guys held us to the lowest point total of ANY game last season, regular or playoff. The least the Bux scored in the playoffs was 42.

Gilmer had not lost back-to-back home games since the first year we were in Class 4A in 1996 (to Henderson and Kilgore). I don't know when we last lost three in a row at Buckeye Stadium. This is the DQ Big Game of the Week, so highlights will be seen statewide.

http://www.highschoolroadtour.com/content/weekly.asp?articlesource=369

I voted for Gilmer in the poll, but I have to admit the Leopards are overdue for a win in this game and ought to be favored by around two TDs, IMO.

BwdLions
09-12-2010, 02:28 PM
I'll take Gilmer in this one. ;)

icu812
09-12-2010, 02:57 PM
I'll take LE. Doesn't Gilmer have Daingerfield after this game? Ouch!

LE Dad
09-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
That's hilarious. Yep, you gotta "tackle the man with the ball" to be successful on defense. Realistically, Gilmer is just going to have to outscore people to win this year. It is what it is.

It's four INTs a game in each of the last two games. Being a passing team, I doubt if that total will vary much unless our QB learns not to force the ball. Stump was better at just throwing the ball away rather than into blanket coverage.

In fairness, Luke has not played QB except for a relative handful of mop-up snaps since 8th grade.

In more fairness, he's the main reason they've been in these last two games to begin with.

What's ironic is that I read one scouting report while he was being (mostly not) recruited on Stump that said he might beat you with his legs but would get you beat with his arm. That was very unfair as I doubt Stump averaged more than one interception per game last year.

Also, LE Dad, you guys held us to the lowest point total of ANY game last season, regular or playoff. The least the Bux scored in the playoffs was 42.

Gilmer had not lost back-to-back home games since the first year we were in Class 4A in 1996 (to Henderson and Kilgore). I don't know when we last lost three in a row at Buckeye Stadium. This is the DQ Big Game of the Week, so highlights will be seen statewide.

http://www.highschoolroadtour.com/content/weekly.asp?articlesource=369

I voted for Gilmer in the poll, but I have to admit the Leopards are overdue for a win in this game and ought to be favored by around two TDs, IMO. The QB position has never been an issue at Gilmer. It has always been a smooth transition from 1 kid to the next, but it seems that this year might be the exception. I think Turner will improve some, but it won't be overnight. It actually appears that the 2 teams have reversed roles from last year. I said before the season started that I was more concerned by a potential wk 11 matchup against Gilmer than I was with this one. I believe that if Gilmer can get it together for a district run then then the team that shows up wk 11 will be much improved.

LE Dad
09-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by icu812
I'll take LE. Doesn't Gilmer have Daingerfield after this game? Ouch! At DF too!:doh: and then district play starts in 2 weeks and that will be a war of attrition. Whoever is the healthiest should win.

Sweetwater Red
09-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Gilmer regroups and beats LE by 5 TD's

lostaussie
09-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by lulu
come on Beast..do you see any Gilmer folks on here. I don't think they believe they will dankey stomp. I'm for em( sorry LE Dad...you know I luv ya) but I'm upset at their absence after 2 losses. Geezzz...that tells me a lot about the confidence they have. GET UP.....heck if I ran away every time Spring Hill lost I'd never show up. We just won our first one this season. I been in wyoming.................they have no internet there:D

ccmom
09-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I been in wyoming.................they have no internet there:D Me, too....we should have met up to cry in a beer together! ;)

lostaussie
09-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Me, too....we should have met up to cry in a beer together! ;) Down...............but not out:thumbsup:

LE Dad
09-13-2010, 09:41 AM
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/LEDad_01/LE-vs-PG1.jpg

Tra Carson just picked up his 14th D1 offer from Utah...

Way to go Tra!!!:clap: :clap:

ccmom
09-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Down...............but not out:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

icu812
09-13-2010, 11:08 AM
LE, isn't Tra the BIG point guard on the basketball team? Kid is a bull in a china shop on the hardwood. Probably even better on the football field.

LE Dad
09-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by icu812
LE, isn't Tra the BIG point guard on the basketball team? Kid is a bull in a china shop on the hardwood. Probably even better on the football field. Yes, he is absolutely amazing to watch, just the best feet I've seen on a 218 pound kid.

Buckeye1980
09-13-2010, 11:43 AM
I ain't goin no where, our Buckeyes not gonna run and hide, if you think we will, than you are wrong. I have been in Arlington this weekend for my birthday witnessing 2 Ranger wins in some cool air!:p

garciap77
09-13-2010, 11:51 AM
That figures....

:D

garciap77
09-13-2010, 11:52 AM
come on Beast..do you see any Gilmer folks on here. I don't think they believe they will dankey stomp. I'm for em( sorry LE Dad...you know I luv ya) but I'm upset at their absence after 2 losses. Geezzz...that tells me a lot about the confidence they have. GET UP.....heck if I ran away every time Spring Hill lost I'd never show up. We just won our first one this season.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
09-13-2010, 11:57 AM
LE by 3!

waterboy
09-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Yep. If the Buckeyes can clean up the mistakes they've been making this should be an interesting game. Gilmer and L-E have always played tight games, so the only thing that would surprise me is if the game was a blowout by either team. My take on this game: if Gilmer has less than 3 TOs and the defense gets at least 6 stops on defense, the Buckeyes win. If not, the Leopards win. I know that we can't expect to win games where we have 5 or more TOs, penalties at inopportune times, and can't get stops on defense in the 2nd half when they are needed. If not for the TOs I think the Buckeyes would be 3-0, but I digress......:(

lostaussie
09-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
I ain't goin no where, our Buckeyes not gonna run and hide, if you think we will, than you are wrong. I have been in Arlington this weekend for my birthday witnessing 2 Ranger wins in some cool air!:p Hey homey, I was there yesterday. Where were you sitting?

waterboy
09-13-2010, 01:40 PM
lulu, I've been pretty busy at work. It's gotten to the point where it's rare that I get to post. It's definitely not because we haven't been winning over the last couple of weeks. I rarely even look at a computer at home, and work has been hectic with us being short-handed. I haven't gone anywhere, and I still find a few minutes here and there to check in and read threads, though I'm not able to post as regularly as I have been. I'm glad to see what Dylan did this weekend. Congratulations to the Panthers and Dylan for beating their arch-rival, the Roughnecks.:clap: I told you the other day I thought they would win. Things are definitely looking up for the Panthers.

waterboy
09-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Hey homey, I was there yesterday. Where were you sitting?
NM. You were at the Rangers game?

Buckeye1980
09-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Hey homey, I was there yesterday. Where were you sitting?

I was in suite on the second level, a guy at work's dad had it for the whole weekend , just happened to be birthdya weekend too. We had a blast, if I knew you were there you could have come up and enjoyed a cold beverage or two!

lostaussie
09-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
I was in suite on the second level, a guy at work's dad had it for the whole weekend , just happened to be birthdya weekend too. We had a blast, if I knew you were there you could have come up and enjoyed a cold beverage or two! ain't that some crap................ i was sweating my gonads off out in right field. It was a great game though. The beers were mighty tasty................and mighty expensive!!!

LE Dad
09-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Where there is smoke....
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/LEDad_01/944f0393-e2b7-df11-9889-001cc494a4ac.jpg

There is about to be a fire....:D

LE Dad
09-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
LE by 3! I hope not GP... FG and XP is the one area that Gilmer will have a distinct advantage. I will take a good solid 7or even 6.:D

lulu
09-13-2010, 08:43 PM
I been in wyoming.................they have no internet there:D Glad to see you guys show up. I know the internet problem...I'm in Aruba but I finally managed to pick up the boradcast of the SH/WO game Friday nite. I was tickeled pink.

Go get em Bucks. (still luv ya LED):p

lulu
09-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
lulu, I've been pretty busy at work. It's gotten to the point where it's rare that I get to post. It's definitely not because we haven't been winning over the last couple of weeks. I rarely even look at a computer at home, and work has been hectic with us being short-handed. I haven't gone anywhere, and I still find a few minutes here and there to check in and read threads, though I'm not able to post as regularly as I have been. I'm glad to see what Dylan did this weekend. Congratulations to the Panthers and Dylan for beating their arch-rival, the Roughnecks.:clap: I told you the other day I thought they would win. Things are definitely looking up for the Panthers. Hey man they are working you way to hard. Do I need to call somebody.

Thank you on the comment abt. Dylan. I was/am sooooo proud of him and for him. He is such a good kid and works his B...off.

If we can keep the injury bug away we will do ok. Not saying we will win a lot but I don't think w will get run off the field. Lost Everett (RB) and defensive player also. Broken ankle.
Heard Volschke has a knee sprain. Don't know the whole story on that yet but he missed the last half last week. He also plays both ways.

Your guys will come together. Give them time.

Hope to see you here as often as you can.

LE Dad
09-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Glad to see you guys show up. I know the internet problem...I'm in Aruba but I finally managed to pick up the boradcast of the SH/WO game Friday nite. I was tickeled pink.

Go get em Bucks. (still luv ya LED):p Lol.... Aruba?? You better be careful over there, I don't want to hear about you disappearing or anything.:p

Those Buckeyes can stay right where they are at... The LEopards are bringing the hammer to Gilmer!!:D

Still luv you too Lulu.:)

You closet Buckeye fan.:taunt: :wave:

lulu
09-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Lol.... Aruba?? You better be careful over there, I don't want to hear about you disappearing or anything.:p

Those Buckeyes can stay right where they are at... The LEopards are bringing the hammer to Gilmer!!:D

Still luv you too Lulu.:)

You closet Buckeye fan.:taunt: :wave:

Hey I got better sense that to go off with someone I never saw before......or wait....maybe not if he's cute enough.

You know I'm half buckeye. I wasn't by choice but I converted. Good luck to you guys. Sounds like ya'll are doing pretty good. We are too but have some injury problems.:)

LE Dad
09-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Hey I got better sense that to go off with someone I never saw before......or wait....maybe not if he's cute enough.

You know I'm half buckeye. I wasn't by choice but I converted. Good luck to you guys. Sounds like ya'll are doing pretty good. We are too but have some injury problems.:) Yes ya'll are doing pretty well, but injuries can kill ya in a tough district. Hopefully they are minor and the kids will be back on the field in time for a good district run.:thumbsup:

Pawdaddy
09-13-2010, 10:04 PM
I told Sinton66 the other day that Gilmer could end up averaging over 40 points per game this season........and end up with a 3-7 record. The Gladewater RB ran for 299 yards Friday night, that was supposed to be a gimme for Gilmer. Then here comes D'field, Henderson, Carthage, LE......I have been, am, and will continue to be a Buckeye fan..atic, but, they cannot run with anyone I have seen yet. Add in 4-5 turnovers each game, and that spells b-a-s-k-e-t-b-a-l-l. Just the way it looks from 3 rows up.:( :( :( :(

LE Dad
09-14-2010, 09:47 AM
I am soooo ready for Friday night... I ain't buying all this poor Buckeye stuff either!!! Ya'll have lost 2 tough, close games and
I don't expect this one to be much different. The main thing for both teams is to come out of this one injury free. I am expecting a very phyiscal game.

KALE!!!:clap: :clap:

hollywood
09-14-2010, 11:43 AM
I am soooo ready for Friday night... I ain't buying all this poor Buckeye stuff either!!! Ya'll have lost 2 tough, close games and
I don't expect this one to be much different. The main thing for both teams is to come out of this one injury free. I am expecting a very phyiscal game.

KALE!!!:clap: :clap:

LED, Carson looks to be a good back. Is he the "go to" player on the O? How would he compare to Gray at Aledo or Myles at Sville? What kind of offensive does LE run? Just curious. Don't know much about LE.

DDBooger
09-14-2010, 12:26 PM
hey LED, did you see LaMichael James rip it up against Tenn.?

LE Dad
09-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
LED, Carson looks to be a good back. Is he the "go to" player on the O? How would he compare to Gray at Aledo or Myles at Sville? What kind of offensive does LE run? Just curious. Don't know much about LE. Carson is a beast 6'1" 218. He usually gets about 15 carries and averages 188 yds, we have 2 other speed backs in Hollis Webster and Roy Butler that will get some totes along with a host of FBs that block and get some trap and misdirection carries. Norman at QB is good for about 70-100 on the ground and another 70 in the air thus far. Leading receiver is Brian Reed, others to watch are Robert Jackson and Trent Tucker. LE uses a 3 back set but will do alot of motion and shifts. You may even see some spread, singlewing, or various other sets.

I don't think Carson is as fast as Gray, but he is so hard to take down once he squares to the line. He just kills DBs.

LE Dad
09-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
hey LED, did you see LaMichael James rip it up against Tenn.? Yes he is going to do great this year. LaMichael was so much fun to watch in HS. The funny thing is Tra is on the verge of breaking his career rushing record. I know he wants to put all of the issues that arose over the summer behind him... He is off to a good start.

lostaussie
09-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Carson is a beast 6'1" 218. He usually gets about 15 carries and averages 188 yds, we have 2 other speed backs in Hollis Webster and Roy Butler that will get some totes along with a host of FBs that block and get some trap and misdirection carries. Norman at QB is good for about 70-100 on the ground and another 70 in the air thus far. Leading receiver is Brian Reed, others to watch are Robert Jackson and Trent Tucker. LE uses a 3 back set but will do alot of motion and shifts. You may even see some spread, singlewing, or various other sets.

I don't think Carson is as fast as Gray, but he is so hard to take down once he squares to the line. He just kills DBs. yada yada yada:D

waterboy
09-14-2010, 01:40 PM
I remember LaMichael when he was in high school, too. I mean, really, how could we forget? After seeing him play the Buckeyes in the bi-district game two years in a row, I was dumbfounded as to why he wasn't recruited more. Oregon got a heck of a player in LaMichael. Kudos to the Ducks for taking a chance with him. As a Buckeye fan he left everybody completely frustrated because he was a game changer, and almost single-handedly kept the Leopards from defeat in '07. He had a lot more help in '06 with Middlebrooks and company....:mad:

waterboy
09-14-2010, 01:43 PM
I think the Buckeyes will win this game IF they don't turn the ball over like they have been. If TOs are in favor of the Leopards, L-E wins. Either way, it should be a good game.

LE Dad
09-14-2010, 02:41 PM
yada yada yada:D Well he asked!:thinking:

poisoned10
09-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Norman at QB is good for about 70-100 on the ground and another 70 in the air thus far.

Except for when he went 0-5 for 0 yards in his last game against, ahem, Pine Tree.

LE Dad
09-14-2010, 02:55 PM
I think the Buckeyes will win this game IF they don't turn the ball over like they have been. If TOs are in favor of the Leopards, L-E wins. Either way, it should be a good game. Both teams are in reversed roles from last year. I believe if LE can control the LOS and pass to keep Gilmer off balance it will be a win. If Gilmer can penetrate and prevent a few passes could go Buckeyes way.... Turnovers and penalities as always can change things. :D

LE Dad
09-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Except for when he went 0-5 for 0 yards in his last game against, ahem, Pine Tree. 1 drop 2 throw aways on a pass/run option. Only reason LE attempted to pass at all was to keep them doubling Reed. Prior to that he was hitting 50% for 100yds. Also believe he was just under a hundie on the ground.:thinking:

waterboy
09-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Both teams are in reversed roles from last year. I believe if LE can control the LOS and pass to keep Gilmer off balance it will be a win. If Gilmer can penetrate and prevent a few passes could go Buckeyes way.... Turnovers and penalities as always can change things. :D
The key for Gilmer this year is turnovers. They have had 5 in each of the last two games, not including onside kicks that they couldn't cover. Yet, they were still in those games until the final minute and could've won them both. You can't turn the ball over that many times against good teams and expect to win. The same goes with this L-E game. If Gilmer can hang on to the ball and stop putting the defense in bad position they can beat just about anybody. If they don't hang onto the ball they will likely continue to lose to the good teams, and most of them will be very close games regardless of who they're playing. All I can say is the Buckeyes just have to clean it up big time, especially this year with the schedule they have!

lulu
09-14-2010, 10:21 PM
The key for Gilmer this year is turnovers. They have had 5 in each of the last two games, not including onside kicks that they couldn't cover. Yet, they were still in those games until the final minute and could've won them both. You can't turn the ball over that many times against good teams and expect to win. The same goes with this L-E game. If Gilmer can hang on to the ball and stop putting the defense in bad position they can beat just about anybody. If they don't hang onto the ball they will likely continue to lose to the good teams, and most of them will be very close games regardless of who they're playing. All I can say is the Buckeyes just have to clean it up big time, especially this year with the schedule they have!

Now there's the guy I know.

LE Dad
09-15-2010, 08:45 AM
2 more days to gameday!!!!!:clap: :clap:

I will be glad to see Friday get here!!:D

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk193/lesetoilesdiva/EXTRA026.jpg

waterboy
09-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Oh, no! The Leopards are coming to town!

http://images04.olx.com/ui/2/38/52/35453652_4.jpg

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing024.gif

LE Dad
09-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Oh, no! The Leopards are coming to town!

http://images04.olx.com/ui/2/38/52/35453652_4.jpg

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing024.gif http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy242/p1pe09/Emoticons/ca030.gif

Silly Buckeye.... not that size of cat.:doh:

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/LEDad_01/b04f0393-e2b7-df11-9889-001cc494a4ac.jpg

This size!!!!

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

poisoned10
09-15-2010, 05:21 PM
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy242/p1pe09/Emoticons/ca030.gif

Silly Buckeye.... not that size of cat.:doh:

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/LEDad_01/b04f0393-e2b7-df11-9889-001cc494a4ac.jpg

This size!!!!

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I thought the game was played between the lines? He's not gong to do much damage outside of them with the cheerleaders.

LE Dad
09-15-2010, 05:23 PM
I thought the game was played between the lines? He's not gong to do much damage outside of them with the cheerleaders. Oh he does pretty good... all 6'9" of him.:)

Pawdaddy
09-15-2010, 11:22 PM
I thought the game was played between the lines? He's not gong to do much damage outside of them with the cheerleaders.

Come on Poisoned10, give the boy credit. If he is the point on the triangle the cheerleaders do at any point of the game, the damage could be extensive!!!:wave: :D :doh:

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Leopards are gonna serve up some...

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/danamursa/pancake.jpg

in Gilmer.:D

ccmom
09-16-2010, 02:55 PM

What IS that???? :confused:

waterboy
09-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Leopard "round steak"?......:confused: :D

MUSTANG69
09-16-2010, 03:33 PM

I think you can scoop that up out of your yard if you have a dog.:D

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Just use your imagination...:D :D :D

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Now I am not one to claim that a fix is on but...

This picture just surfaced...

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/LEDad_01/Gilmer/evilempire.jpg
That is clearly the officials discussing the game with the head of the Buckeye Booster Club.:thinking:

waterboy
09-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Now I am not one to claim that a fix is on but...

This picture just surfaced...

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/LEDad_01/Gilmer/evilempire.jpg
That is clearly the officials discussing the game with the head of the Buckeye Booster Club.:thinking:

Yep. That's him! Be afwaid, .......be verwy, verwy afwaid! We had some talks with nobogey, and he told us how to assure the fix.:D I hope it works!:doh: :D

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 04:28 PM
The Gilmer "home field advantage"

EXPOSED!!!!!

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/LEDad_01/Decorated%20images/funny_pictures_Journalist.jpg

Rocket
09-16-2010, 07:14 PM
LOL Gilmer still gets picked to win? Wow, LE gets respect.:rolleyes:

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
LOL Gilmer still gets picked to win? Wow, LE gets respect.:rolleyes: LE 6 titles 4 sports 11 years.....lol:clap: :clap:

B'wood Hot air and respect for 30 yrs.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Funny ain't it!!!

Rocket
09-16-2010, 08:42 PM
LE 6 titles 4 sports 11 years.....lol:clap: :clap:

B'wood Hot air and respect for 30 yrs.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Funny ain't it!!!

WOW, good job, LE! At least you were good at something a while back. Not football, not now...

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 09:01 PM
WOW, good job, LE! At least you were good at something a while back. Not football, not now... Yeah I guess it beats being a COMPLETE FAILURE!:Dlol

:clap: :clap:

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Frehman
30-6 LE

JV
14-8 LE
Half

pirate4state
09-16-2010, 09:23 PM

hahaha nice!

Don't forget the syrup!

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
hahaha nice!

Don't forget the syrup! :D

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 10:15 PM
JV Final
20-16 LE:clap: :clap:

LE Dad
09-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Throw on some more wood....

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m201/simplydre/Pismo/P086.jpg

We are about to get this baby FIRED UP!!!!!:clap: :clap:

pirate4state
09-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Rooting for the Buckeyes. Protect your house. :mad:

aussie - make sure to keep me posted!

lostaussie
09-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Rooting for the Buckeyes. Protect your house. :mad:

aussie - make sure to keep me posted! i will keep you updated but I won't be there. Be down the road about 6 miles:thumbsup:

LE Dad
09-17-2010, 09:22 AM
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee293/JHook33/Vince-Lombardi-Quote---3.gif

Go Leopards!!!!:)

pirate4state
09-17-2010, 09:30 AM
i will keep you updated but I won't be there. Be down the road about 6 miles:thumbsup: :eek: :eek: Say it isn't so!

waterboy
09-17-2010, 09:30 AM
i will keep you updated but I won't be there. Be down the road about 6 miles:thumbsup:
Your boy playing tonight? My wife is working the concession stand there. She can't see the scoreboard from where she'll be....:( It's okay, though, the Crusaders will probably win.

Mean Girl, poisoned10 does some good updates. Maybe he'll oblige you with live updates.....:D

LE Dad
09-17-2010, 09:48 AM
If I can get a signal. I will post a thread, but don't expect too much cause I am gonna be watching more than posting.:D

waterboy
09-17-2010, 09:51 AM
If I can get a signal. I will post a thread, but don't expect too much cause I am gonna be watching more than posting.:D
That's an excuse.:D The signal is excellent at Buckeye Stadium. You just won't post if y'all are losing........is what you're trying to say...:p

poisoned10
09-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Your boy playing tonight? My wife is working the concession stand there. She can't see the scoreboard from where she'll be....:( It's okay, though, the Crusaders will probably win.

Mean Girl, poisoned10 does some good updates. Maybe he'll oblige you with live updates.....:D

Yeah, I send updates to several people during the game.

Just PM me your phone number and I'll add you.

LE Dad
09-17-2010, 10:00 AM
That's an excuse.:D The signal is excellent at Buckeye Stadium. You just won't post if y'all are losing........is what you're trying to say...:p

:D :thinking: It sucks in Hallsville on AT&T.. not sure about Gilmer yet. Tonight is all about hanging onto the ball for the Leopards. If they can do that I think the LE defense will get a few stops and come out with a W.:D

poisoned10
09-17-2010, 10:04 AM
:thinking: It sucks in Hallsville on AT&T.. not sure about Gilmer yet. Tonight is all about hanging onto the ball for the Leopards. If they can do that I think the LE defense will get a few stops and come out with a W.:D

AT&T sucks in Gilmer also. Very poor signal, especially around the stadium. I can go ahead and tell you, you won't be starting and posting on a thread at Buckeye Stadium. Already tried it. I, sometimes, have a hard time just getting a signal to send my text updates.

LE Dad
09-17-2010, 10:09 AM
AT&T sucks in Gilmer also. Very poor signal, especially around the stadium. I can go ahead and tell you, you won't be starting and posting on a thread at Buckeye Stadium. Already tried it. I, sometimes, have a hard time just getting a signal to send my text updates. That's what I figured, but didn't know. Thanks. :D

lostaussie
09-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Your boy playing tonight? Yep, he playing alot for a soph. I guess thats how it is when you have 18 kids in your class:D

waterboy
09-17-2010, 10:59 AM
AT&T sucks in Gilmer also. Very poor signal, especially around the stadium. I can go ahead and tell you, you won't be starting and posting on a thread at Buckeye Stadium. Already tried it. I, sometimes, have a hard time just getting a signal to send my text updates.
I have AT&T and have no problem getting a signal. As a matter of fact, my wife calls me several times a game to give me updates on the UH game. The only problem I have is hearing the dang phone ring. I even have it set on vibrate and ring. I have to check my phone regularly, though, because sometimes I can't even feel the vibrating. :D With texting you don't even have to have a very good signal.

waterboy
09-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Yep, he playing alot for a soph. I guess thats how it is when you have 18 kids in your class:D
:D Yep. I knew that. The Bulldogs absolutely have to play everybody with only 18 players on the team. If they didn't I sure would hate to be the player left out.:doh:

poisoned10
09-17-2010, 11:02 AM
I get very spotty signal in Gilmer with my iPhone.

LE Dad
09-17-2010, 11:07 AM
With texting you don't even have to have a very good signal. With internet you do. I always have trouble if signal is not good, especially if alot of people are logged onto the site.:nerd:

LE Dad
09-17-2010, 02:49 PM
It's almost....

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g240/ryanm2k4/SHOWTIME.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap:

buckeyebob
09-17-2010, 04:18 PM
LEDad...you forgot one...8th grade 28-8 Gilmer...write it down...Buckeyes 3A State Champs 2014
For the others...this is an amazing group. They are big & fast. They were running the spread like pros. Kinne's little brother is a chip off the old block. They could mature prior to 2014 and delve choas.

LE Dad
09-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Cell sig is hit and miss.

webcast should be either...

www.mix933.com

or

www.magic933.com

KMJI 93.3

tdsteele
09-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Still time left but have the rumors of the Buckeyes demise been greatly exagerated?

28-6 Buckeyes with 4:14 left to play.

pirate4state
09-17-2010, 10:04 PM
3:49 left

Gilmer 28
LE 12 (xp pending)

tdsteele
09-17-2010, 10:06 PM
28-12 Gilmer with 3:48 to play. You can't ever count those Leopards out. They are always frickin tough.

Conversion no good .....by the way.

buckeyebob
09-17-2010, 11:03 PM
It's over with 3:48...called by refs....we blew the lights (transformer failed across town). Internet down. Sparks flying in the distance. Our Tiny Defense held Tra to 9 yds. in 1st half...not much more than that in second.

GTownballer
09-17-2010, 11:54 PM
LE no where close to last year, and Carson is no LaMichael James, Gilmer still made a ton of mistakes, and Gus only touched a few times, this game was never really as close, as the score showed, it was all Gilmer! The only thing beating Gilmer, is Gilmer! if Luke, can get it together, Gilmer will make some noise in Div 2. write it down!

LE Dad
09-18-2010, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by GTownballer
LE no where close to last year, and Carson is no LaMichael James, Gilmer still made a ton of mistakes, and Gus only touched a few times, this game was never really as close, as the score showed, it was all Gilmer! The only thing beating Gilmer, is Gilmer! if Luke, can get it together, Gilmer will make some noise in Div 2. write it down! Rocket....is that you??:eek: :eek: :eek:

LE Dad
09-18-2010, 01:48 AM
Good game Buckeyes.... Pass was there all night wish LE had utilized it more. Tried some different stuff on O some worked some didn't. D was solid to hold an O that scores 45 pts a game to 28... I will take that any day. Not exactly sure how it wasn't as close as the score made it look though?? Lol

LE Dad
09-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
It's over with 3:48...called by refs....we blew the lights (transformer failed across town). Internet down. Sparks flying in the distance. Our Tiny Defense held Tra to 9 yds. in 1st half...not much more than that in second. 9.... You just ran out of fingers.:doh: Tra finished with 88 yds on 23 carries and opened up the Buckeye secondary to be exploited for another 206.

It is kinda funny that a transformer way across town went out and the only lights it affected were the football stadium lights?? Baseball field lights were on PA system and score board worked, street lights and house lights were all on and all the rest of Gilmer was lit up like Christmas. :p

Stange power grid indeed....
:thinking:

Rocket
09-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by GTownballer
LE no where close to last year, and Carson is no LaMichael James, Gilmer still made a ton of mistakes, and Gus only touched a few times, this game was never really as close, as the score showed, it was all Gilmer! The only thing beating Gilmer, is Gilmer! if Luke, can get it together, Gilmer will make some noise in Div 2. write it down!

LE sucks again...and last year they beat BYE and then lost in the playoffs..wow..LOLOLOLOLOL

LE Dad
09-18-2010, 03:23 PM
LE sucks again...and last year they beat BYE and then lost in the playoffs..wow..LOLions LOLions LOLions LOLions LOLions :D

buckeyebob
09-19-2010, 06:54 AM
To Rocket, everyone sucks.

No offense meant by the "shutdown" remark. Trae was a threat for us & our "D" is tiny...we were just pleased to hold him in the first 1/2. Y'all did play a great game of EAST TEXAS FOOTBALL...something that Bwood has not experienced yet...they can't get out of the West.

Rocket
09-19-2010, 09:00 AM

No offense meant by the "shutdown" remark. Trae was a threat for us & our "D" is tiny...we were just pleased to hold him in the first 1/2. Y'all did play a great game of EAST TEXAS FOOTBALL...something that Bwood has not experienced yet...they can't get out of the West.

Sorry, I just don't fear anybody THIS season in East Texas... nope.

LE Dad
09-19-2010, 09:44 AM

No offense meant by the "shutdown" remark. Trae was a threat for us & our "D" is tiny...we were just pleased to hold him in the first 1/2. Y'all did play a great game of EAST TEXAS FOOTBALL...something that Bwood has not experienced yet...they can't get out of the West. I know you were playn around as was I, no need for apoligies... Buckeye fans are some of the most knowledgeable, classiest fans in the state.:clap: :clap:

LE Dad
09-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Sorry, I just don't fear anybody THIS season in East Texas... nope. I have no fear of flying ......

Unless the engine blows up...the wing falls off...and the plane starts plummeting toward the ground...:D