PDA

View Full Version : Giddings 20 La Vernia 21

lvfan12
09-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Bears beat giddings in a great game

Blue42
09-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Look out Texans the Bears are hard to beat for homecoming!

wimbo_pro
09-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Blue42
Look out Texans the Bears are hard to beat for homecoming!

Homecoming? Already???

Blue42
09-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Homecoming? Already???
Yes and believe me they have an agenda in mind when they pick you for homecoming we were the victim of that a couple years ago.

wimbo_pro
09-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Yes and believe me they have an agenda in mind when they pick you for homecoming we were the victim of that a couple years ago.
I'm sure they did have something in mind...and we plan to ruin those plans! La Vernia is always tough when we played in the past, I expect nothing less than the same this year. I don't know much about their talent level this year, but I DO know about ours. If we play to our potential (and we are getting closer to it each game), we can beat just about any team...maybe all of them!

LV_Bearfan
09-11-2010, 03:17 PM
LV is still developing. They aren't as loaded with size and speed as last year but might end up being a better team because they can throw the ball. That was a major weakness late last season. this team could be building toward a nice playoff run if they can get there. the potetial is very high, but so are the mistakes right now. Six fumbles against Wylie, Five against CL, Three last night. I hope the trend continues in the right direction.

GiddingsFan
09-11-2010, 04:00 PM
The first TD for LV last night was a sweet throw BTW

clhsdad
09-11-2010, 04:42 PM

Your right about an agenda Canyon Lake experienced that first hand last year. Agenda or not I believe they picked the wrong team for homecoming this year.

wimbo_pro
09-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by clhsdad
Your right about an agenda Canyon Lake experienced that first hand last year. Agenda or not I believe they picked the wrong team for homecoming this year.

We're gonna do everything we can to prove you right, clhDad.

LV_Bearfan
09-11-2010, 07:15 PM
lv has a lot of respect for wimberly, cuero, giddings, etc. Homecoming or not LV will be ready to play. The only agenda is to play hard and come away with a w. I bet Wimberley's agenda is similar.

1st and goal
09-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I'm sure they did have something in mind...and we plan to ruin those plans! La Vernia is always tough when we played in the past, I expect nothing less than the same this year. I don't know much about their talent level this year, but I DO know about ours. If we play to our potential (and we are getting closer to it each game), we can beat just about any team...maybe all of them!

Wimbo, not trying to start anything hateful but I got to ask a question. I was told that when Giddings scrimmaged the Texans, you guyz didn't field your star running back. I was told it wouldn't have mattered anyway because we were in your backfield as soon as the ball was hiked. So, I know, I know it was "only" a scrimmage but did you guyz play possum or what? It was told to me by different sources that the Buffs pushed your team around on both sides of the ball.

The Buffs have suffered greatly from fumbles and penalties. Also, one of the star Defensive linemen has a tender foot or ankle and is no where near 100% He was hurt when we played Burnet and we need him healthy. I hope he gets better by district. Maybe we'll be like the Dallas Cowboys of yore and look bad in preseason and tear it up when the real mccoy gets here. It looks like Wimberley should do well this season. Hope y'all stay healthy and I'd like to see your A&M commit running back. Is he a speedster, or a pounder?

snaxet
09-11-2010, 10:30 PM
There was no intentional possum on Wimberley's part. Just worked out that way. Not only did our top running back not play, but we had 5 other key players not participating. Three lineman sat out; totally decimated our offensive line. One of the lineman had a car wreck just before the scrimmage. All are back and playing solid ball. Also we did not prepare a scheme as we had already been preparing for the Cuero game. We primarily used the scrimmage to look at certain players in a variety of situations and positions. It gave us the info we needed and the coaches made a number of changes based upon their play in the scrimmage. Don't judge Giddings strength or Wimberley's weakness by that scrimmage; it was nothing more than that - a scrimmage that helped us get the right players in the right spots.

wimbo_pro
09-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Smith is definitely a pounder with decent speed. He actually sat out 2 scrimmages for various reasons. No possum intended.

1st and goal
09-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the replies and glad y'all are "patched" up!

wimbo_pro
09-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Thanks for the replies and glad y'all are "patched" up!

We still aren't "full strength". We have two of our best players out...probably for the season, but we are hopeful that maybe one can make it back in time.

lvfan12
09-12-2010, 11:48 AM
why are people saying that lv has played wimberley TOUGH?? La Vernia has WON the last 3 years in this matchup! last year was a beatdown so wimberley has played la vernia tough i guess..

GiddingsFan
09-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Wimberley is better now than the years you beat them.

Green Bling
09-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Trust me when I say, "Do Not Underestimate Wimberley!!"

lvfan12
09-12-2010, 04:40 PM
we know not to underestimate them.. it will be a tough game

wimbo_pro
09-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by lvfan12
why are people saying that lv has played wimberley TOUGH?? La Vernia has WON the last 3 years in this matchup! last year was a beatdown so wimberley has played la vernia tough i guess..

True LvFan. We have played you tough. It should be a good game.