PDA

View Full Version : Farmersville

orange machine
09-11-2010, 11:23 AM
What happened to them last night, heard they quite during the game?

LE Dad
09-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
What happened to them last night, heard they quite during the game? Still trying to find out myself. Can't seem to find anyone who knows details, or if it really happened at all?

This is what was posted elsewhere, but can't confirm or deny it at this point....

Post 1
"Anyone hear why Farmersville refused to finish the game?"

Post 2
"Can someone give more details as to why the game ended before regulation time expired. Did Farmersville actually just refuse to continue playing as some have implied. I would be very surprised if this was the case. There has to be more to the story other than Farmersville just getting on the bus and leaving."

That was posted around 11PM last night and then someone else this morning said that they thought the game went the distance, but no one that was actually there has posted!!

OldBison75
09-11-2010, 12:19 PM
I googled farmersville news and on the newspaper report it said that Paris North Lamar scored two early touchdowns and three times in the final three quarters for the shutout victory.

If Farmersville quit, it must have been in effort and not by walking off the field, if the newspaper report was correct.

gatordaze
09-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I googled farmersville news and on the newspaper report it said that Paris North Lamar scored two early touchdowns and three times in the final three quarters for the shutout victory.

If Farmersville quit, it must have been in effort and not by walking off the field, if the newspaper report was correct.

I call BS There is no way any self respecting team that could ever hope to not be a laughing stock would EVER quit a game and go home before it ended.

ssgmp5150
09-11-2010, 01:12 PM
I was at the game. Other than getting our butts whooped, we didn't quit or walk away from the game. The Farmers played the entire game, not sure if it was their best effort, but the were at least on the field! So, not sure what the heck all these rumors are???? In their defense.....The starting quarterback and the backup quarterback were injured and did not play. They also have a starting lineman out with a back injury, etc....They seem to be the walking wounded right now. Not sure that even with all the starters healthy that it would make a big difference. Unfortunately, they will struggle to win a game this year I think. This will be a rebuilding year for us.

ctown
09-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
I call BS There is no way any self respecting team that could ever hope to not be a laughing stock would EVER quit a game and go home before it ended.

Prosper quit at halftime in the 80's against Celina. So sad to see them loosing their dynasty so quickly this year. Maybe they want to return to their roots.

Pick6
09-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Pottsboro people said farmersville players gave up last week also.

Pick6
09-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by ctown
Prosper quit at halftime in the 80's against Celina. So sad to see them loosing their dynasty so quickly this year. Maybe they want to return to their roots.

2 loses and a dynasty is over? how many games did celina lose last year, i guess there dynasty is over also :rolleyes:

ctown
09-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
2 loses and a dynasty is over? how many games did celina lose last year, i guess there dynasty is over also :rolleyes:

See, you can even troll in highjacked waters and catch a carp. Celina is awesome. How's your team?

bobcat4life
09-11-2010, 06:53 PM
1 state championship and a few second round losses doesnt make you a dynasty....

and I dont think Prosper will be winning any more titles in the near future

Pick6
09-11-2010, 08:26 PM
See, you can even troll in highjacked waters and catch a carp. Celina is awesome. How's your team?

Football team's not bad, it's mostly the population over there.

Twirling Time
09-16-2010, 11:47 PM

Prosper also quit early in the game that was No. 49 for G.A.

BILLYFRED0000
09-17-2010, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Pick6

nah we just had our worst season in 23 years last year. but that 7-5 record would rank in Prospers top 5 or 6 over the same time frame wouldn't it.......

Farmersfan
09-17-2010, 08:00 AM
I was also at the Farmersville vs N. Lamar game and can certainly attest to the fact that the game went the full time! I actually was not aware that the JV QB was the QB playing in the game until late in the 2nd quarter. How sad is that? But in my defense I have only watched the Varsity QB play in only the week zero game against Commerce and he could have easily been a JV QB!!! :(
Although I agree with SS that this will be struggle year for the Farmers, I totally disagree that this will be a rebuilding year. I think we have seen the last of quality football in Farmersville for a while. Even if they replace this coach at the end of this season it will take the new coach at least 2 years to develope these kids again. Every single part of Coach Wright's quality program has been dismantled by this guy! He has several new assistant coaches on the staff and I heard he and the D-cordinator got into a huge arguement right in front of the kids at halftime of Fridays game. The HC blamed the DC for the kids not getting it done! And for 2 years now the Farmersville faithful have been watching this moron get delay of game penalties AFTER timeouts or calling timeouts with 6 seconds left on the clock to give the opponent the ability to line up for a game winning FG or having a 1st and goal from the 1 footline with 3 seconds left in the game and NO timeouts and he calls a end around and loses the game to Van Aylstyne by 1 point!!!! The list goes on and on and on!!!!!!
Sorry! I have vented now and feel better. Hope everyone has a great game tonight and safe drive!