PDA

View Full Version : Region I week 3 GotW: Prosper @ Bridgeport

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2010, 02:05 AM
Bridgeport won convincingly over 4A Springtown and Prosper lost a
close won to Alvarado. The Bulldogs did beat Springtown 31-21 last
week. But that means nothing. Just ask A. Wylie.

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2010, 02:09 AM
And what do you know? I didn't click "Yes, make this poll". That's what I get for posting it at 2am.

orange machine
09-11-2010, 02:12 AM
Bridgeport will crush Prosper I say 42 to 7 for a lack of a better word Prosper blows.:kiss:

rholl
09-11-2010, 02:43 AM
red...go check ur scores.....alvarado indians not bulldogs...lost to springtown
bport over prosper by 17 is my pick.....thanks for doin what u do!!!

SOONER09
09-11-2010, 08:39 AM
49-14 Bridgeport rolls over the Prosper.

MamaBull
09-11-2010, 09:23 AM
24 10 bridgeport.

Trashman
09-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Bridgeport rolls 42-14. Thanks Red for all your hard work!:D

Send_the_House
09-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Bport doesn't Roll Prosper...

They will probably win, but it won't be "roll" at all...

Bport by 6

orange machine
09-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Please this is by far the best team they have played bport will destroy prosper.

Bullaholic
09-11-2010, 11:53 AM
It is usually a real "war" when Bridgeport and Prosper play. I look for this game to be no different. I think the Bulls should win by 7-10. This year's Bulls team is incredible how they can make several mistakes on offense but still mange to average 44.5 ppg.
These Bulls can "fly"....Go Bulls!

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Bridgeport won convincingly over 4A Springtown and Prosper lost a
close won to Alvarado. The Bulldogs did beat Springtown 31-21 last
week. But that means nothing. Just ask A. Wylie.

Okay now that I'm awake, disregard the statement in red. :doh: :D

BullsFan
09-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Close hard-fought game, but I believe the Bulls will pull out the win.

orange machine
09-11-2010, 03:29 PM
You bport fans are being modest now stop. Y'all know as well as everybody else y'all are gonna pluck the feathers out.

BullBoy
09-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Should be another tough/hard fought game between these two teams! how is Prosper this year? I know they lost a close one to Alvarado last night.

orange machine
09-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
Should be another tough/hard fought game between these two teams! how is Prosper this year? I know they lost a close one to Alvarado last night.
They are very avg. They will make the playoffs because of the dist. They are in, but they want hang long in the playoffs.

SOONER09
09-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
You bport fans are being modest now stop. Y'all know as well as everybody else y'all are gonna pluck the feathers out. I'll say it. We are gonna blow them out. They also don't want any part of Celina this year!

PHOP
09-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Hey orange machine- Now you talk trash - took you almost a year to finally come out of the wood work.

We kicked bobcat tail at your homecoming last year and now you are cocky enough to talk trash- too bad your coach/administration is afraid to schedule a game against us...

Isn't this typical behavior of orange machine - a non Celina thread and he wants to talk trash. Tell your team to man up - PLAY Prosper again.

Sorry Bridgeport fans - This will be a good game - we always play each other very tough!

orange machine
09-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by PHOP
Hey orange machine- Now you talk trash - took you almost a year to finally come out of the wood work.

We kicked bobcat tail at your homecoming last year and now you are cocky enough to talk trash- too bad your coach/administration is afraid to schedule a game against us...

Isn't this typical behavior of orange machine - a non Celina thread and he wants to talk trash. Tell your team to man up - PLAY Prosper again.

Sorry Bridgeport fans - This will be a good game - we always play each other very tough!
Just call it like I see i and again y'all still throw out the same garbage we were scared give me a break. Prospers true colors are showing now y'all lose a
coule of your big move INS and y'all blow. What trash was there to talk about we were not good last year, but y'all are worse off than we were y'all really blow.Bport is gonna kick yalls teeth in. Back to the crap hole y'all came from. Y'

orange machine
09-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Prosper had one great season then a good season last year and y'all are falling back into the old crap Prosper. Good job on all your years of winning football. Prosper will always wish y'all could be like Celina. Go Bport

orange machine
09-11-2010, 07:11 PM
For the record hve family in Prosper and they can admit that y'all blow and that Celina would take y'all to the woodshed.

bobcat4life
09-11-2010, 07:33 PM
For the record hve family in Prosper and they can admit that y'all blow and that Celina would take y'all to the woodshed. Prosper isnt any good this year. They can say Celina is scared all they want but they wouldnt want none this year. It would be UGLY! They would get rolled by Celina

Rocket
09-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Prosper isnt any good this year. They can say Celina is scared all they want but they wouldnt want none this year. It would be UGLY! They would get rolled by Celina

Just be glad your coaches shielded you from a bonafide country a whoopin' from Brownwood.

Bridgeport rolls....

orange machine
09-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Just be glad your coaches shielded you from a bonafide country a whoopin' from Brownwood.

Bridgeport rolls....
Rocket I will admit y'all are an awsome Team no doubt it. I will also admit that Celina would have a very hard time stopping the Bronwood offense, but I also no that y'all would have just as much trouble trying to stop the Celina offense, if the two teams played it would be a very high scoring game. Anyways Prosper blows and Bridgeport should be in the top 5 they are good.

gatordaze
09-12-2010, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Rocket

Bridgeport rolls....

Yep, they sheilded us from any possibility of meeting Brownwood. I am glad the UIL is on the take and slotted us in D1 and just for good measure the coaches sent extra students to Big Spring and AW to make sure that Bwood would go D2. Talk about strategic thinkers!

What would make me laugh is when Bwood wins their 8th they look up from their long awaited celebration and still trail Celina by 1!

Just think of the debate would be for the next 12 montnths on who is the real 3A champ. Seems a sure thing for Bwood, we still have a lot of work to do over here.

PHOP
09-12-2010, 07:21 AM
Prosper isnt any good this year. They can say Celina is scared all they want but they wouldnt want none this year. It would be UGLY! They would get rolled by Celina

Could be true - Could be false but we will never no since your coach decided not to play us...You do have a good team this year no arguements here. Your players aren't scared but the coash sure was/is by his actions.

Celina dominating the board...thought this was about Prosper/Bridgeport

gatordaze
09-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Could be true - Could be false but we will never no since your coach decided not to play us...You do have a good team this year no arguements here. Your players aren't scared but the coash sure was/is by his actions.

Celina dominating the board...thought this was about Prosper/Bridgeport

Actually, Prosper House of Pansies, you are the one that made this about Celina when you took exception with OM's prediction of the Bridgeport/Propser score. You see OM is an astute observer and statistician. It is not that he is just spewing an opinion as he has seen first hand the talent that Bridgeport posseses and their ability to score points an Prospers lack of same.

Lets make it about this game...

4A Springtown beat Alvaredo by 10, Bridgeport beat 4A Springtown by 14.

Bridgeport has out scored their opponents by 72 points Prosper has out scored their opponents by 28 points. 3A Opposition is virtually the same. Glen rose and La Vega are ranked within 10 place, Alvaredo and Burkburnett are ranked within 10

Net Net is that Prosper can't score enough points to hang with Bridgeport.

ctown
09-12-2010, 01:05 PM
PHOP is the guy who leaves a $20 on the ground then walks away to watch it. When somebody sees it and sees no one nearby then picks it up, PHOP runs up yelling "thief".

Back on topic. Bridgeport will do well against Prosper and win by 14.

Bullaholic
09-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Here is a link to a site where you can see some pretty good 2009-2010 video game clips of the Bulls, and other Wise Co. football teams:

http://www.wcmessenger.com/video/sports.php

sandbagger
09-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Prosper isnt any good this year. They can say Celina is scared all they want but they wouldnt want none this year. It would be U

GLY! They would get rolled by Celina bport might bet prosper but at least they got the guts to play a 3A sch. The pumkin heads sure swell after beating up some 2A teams. good luck with the power house from Mellisa this week.

orange machine
09-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by sandbagger
bport might bet prosper but at least they got the guts to play a 3A sch. The pumkin heads sure swell after beating up some 2A teams. good luck with the power house from Mellisa this week.
Again Prosper has had two good seasons and now look at them falling on there face back to a crap team again. See in Celina they have something called tradition and that is no where to be found in Prosper, y'all had to have people move in to help y'all win now that your better move INS have moved out look at y'all sputtering. Y'all just thought y'all were a powerhouse no my friend better leave that title to the big boys up north of y'all!

ctown
09-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Come on dudes. This a Bridgeport ptown thread. Time enough to rag on the eaglets elsewhere.

Fridayfanatic
09-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Not quite sure where all the move in talk comes from. In the past five years, I have never seen as many move-ins take the field in Prosper than this year. Last years 2 key move-ins that played, never came close to meeting expectations. Mario Edwards was here since at least junior high and is missed but would probably not be near as good as he is this year had he stayed. He is getting exactly what he's needed the past three years in the program he's in now and will meet his full potential because he moved. The only other move out that mattered to this team is at Prestonwood now. Not sure what he could have done to help in the odd schemes we are now running on offense and defense. Our best players the last two years were here since at least their freshman years and have now graduated. It's a fact of life that kids get older and move on with life. As far as next week. Our offense will make adjustments and get better and we'll be back to put up a fight. I hope Bridgeport fans will be ready for a good game cause they'll get one.

sandbagger
09-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Again Prosper has had two good seasons and now look at them falling on there face back to a crap team again. See in Celina they have something called tradition and that is no where to be found in Prosper, y'all had to have people move in to help y'all win now that your better move INS have moved out look at y'all sputtering. Y'all just thought y'all were a powerhouse no my friend better leave that title to the big boys up north of y'all! forget about prosper. what about the other 4 teams you lost to last year. Coach ford must know theres not much in the pipeline. yall will play a 3a team in about 2 months.Again good luck with powerhouse Mellissa.

BullsFan
09-12-2010, 09:19 PM
So. Bridgeport and Prosper. Who's coming to watch the game?

orange machine
09-12-2010, 09:22 PM
forget about prosper. what about the other 4 teams you lost to last year. Coach ford must know theres not much in the pipeline. yall will play a 3a team in about 2 months.Again good luck with powerhouse Mellissa.
As a matter of fact most people including coaches believe we have some great looking kids coming for the next few years. The teams that beat Celina were better than us no excuses. How many tough non dist. Games did y'all play last year? Let's see Celina played a state champ, state finalist two 4a schools. Didn't y'all play queen city the last two years hmm? Melissa is a far cry from Queen city. Now this year so far we have played two teams that were state champs last year the rest of the teams were playoff teams. By the way Alvarado are you kidding me. Good job keep up that tradition in Prosper.

orange machine
09-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I won't be there for the blood bath that y'all will put on Prosper, it wouldn't be worth the cost of gas or admission to get in. Anyways good luck to Bridgeport not like you need it the bird is grounded this year!

SOONER09
09-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Prosper better figure out how to slow the Bulls offense or it will be a long night.

slpybear the bullfan
09-12-2010, 10:54 PM

Hmm... I guess I can make it. :)

Homecoming parade tomorrow... 7 pm

bobcat4life
09-12-2010, 11:28 PM
bport might bet prosper but at least they got the guts to play a 3A sch. The pumkin heads sure swell after beating up some 2A teams. good luck with the power house from Mellisa this week. Prosper plays a weak schedule this year. A good Bport team (I think Prestonwood was better) and a overrated Lovejoy team and a bunch of patsies. La Vega wasnt any good. Celina played 2 champions from last year, a Melissa team who has made the quarterfinals in 2A the past yew years, and 3 other playoff teams from last year. Our district is weak, but our non-district scedule is farfrom weak.
Prosper yall aint done anything to act as cocky as you do. You better have enjoyed your one title because you wont win another

orange machine
09-12-2010, 11:35 PM
bport might bet prosper but at least they got the guts to play a 3A sch. The pumkin heads sure swell after beating up some 2A teams. good luck with the
power house from Mellisa this week.
What 2a team are you talking about? We play Melissa the only 2a team on the schedule. Again take a look at your schedule I don't see to many teams that won a title last year. Y'all play one good team and that's Bridgeport again the same old tired argument Prosper throws out geez y'all are hard up in Prosper. Again the tradition lives in Celina.

BullsFan
09-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Hmm... I guess I can make it. :)

Homecoming parade tomorrow... 7 pm

Girlcub's going to be in it, no?

slpybear the bullfan
09-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Girlcub's going to be in it, no?

yes, yes... we are planning to sit in the same place as last year.

bobcat4life
09-13-2010, 12:29 AM
Prosper will be 2-4 after the Lovejoy game. Bport, Argyle, and Lovejoy will all roll Prosper. Some tradition....

Fridayfanatic
09-13-2010, 01:09 AM
I don't believe I've seen anyone from Prosper mention anything about tradition in these forums. That's a Celina word and you have built a fine program. Until Prosper hires a staff that is interested in building a program instead of changing coaches and schemes every year, we will always have a hard time maintaining what the teams of the last couple of years accomplished. That being said, I wasn't there for the 20+ years of butt whoopins Celina handed Prosper. I was there for the last 2 games where Prosper completely destroyed Celina the sweetest being in Celina for homecoming. We could lose every game for the rest of the season and all these celina fans can talk all they want about it, but since they couldn't find time to schedule us for a game they can't EARN the bragging rights back. I guess bulls have bigger balls than kitties. Looking forward to a great game this week with a team that willing to nut up.

orange machine
09-13-2010, 01:27 AM
Why do you Prosper people continue to spew at the mouth about us not playing y'all. Celina had a team lined up to play when Prosper called, what was Coach Ford supposed to do break the agreement to play the team he already agreed to? Coach Ford said that we could play another week and your coach did what ours did said no. If I'm not mistaken the Prosper coach said no because y'all bye week would have been week 0. Quit with the same old crap we were scared stuff because that is ridiculous!

Fridayfanatic
09-13-2010, 07:19 AM
Better question. Why do Celina people have a traditional need to spew junk about a team they'll never play in a thread that has nothing to do with them?

ctown
09-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Fridayfanatic
Better question. Why do Celina people have a traditional need to spew junk about a team they'll never play in a thread that has nothing to do with them?

Good point. Bridgeport is going to crush a poor quality prosper team.

BullsFan
09-13-2010, 11:13 AM
yes, yes... we are planning to sit in the same place as last year.

Remind me...

bowleghorses
09-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Again Prosper has had two good seasons and now look at them falling on there face back to a crap team again. See in Celina they have something called tradition and that is no where to be found in Prosper, y'all had to have people move in to help y'all win now that your better move INS have moved out look at y'all sputtering. Y'all just thought y'all were a powerhouse no my friend better leave that title to the big boys up north of y'all!

Where was the "TRADITION" the last couple of years?:taunt:

Bullaholic
09-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses

You crazy coonass---you've done it now...:D

garciap77
09-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Bridgeport!

PHOP
09-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Sure hope we can talk about our game and our teams – so frustrating one group dominates the conversation

The way I see this game is that Prosper will have their hands full big time with Bridgeport - You all have a real good QB. If Prosper comes to BP with the lack of passion they had in the Alvarado game it will be a long evening. My hope is that the Prosper coaches will stop platoon-ing the QB position and stick with one kid- It just doesn’t work!

Seems to me that you lost some studs on Defense – how did ya’ll fill those holes?

BossHog09
09-13-2010, 12:53 PM
I wish we could see another prosper/celina game this year just to shut the celina idiots up for another year. Prosper's not near as good as the 2008 team but the would still roll over the lack of athletes that celina has. Those celina folk feel free to talk trash this year cause they know they wont have to be eatin crow later in the season. It's too bad, to back out of a rivalry like that, just because Butch wanted to get his win total up from last year.

Fridayfanatic
09-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Totally agree with you PHOP. Platooning QB isn't smart. They sure hurt the QB last year with that same stuff. I think what no one may realize is that Prosper has the potential, ecspecially on offense, to be very good. The line is bigger and faster than last year. We have an 1800 yrd rusher that returned and we have a QB that looks to have to lots of upside if the coaches would pick their horse. The tools are all there we just need to introduce a scheme that uses them properly. Maybe we can get some ideas this week watching Bridgeport game tape.

gatordaze
09-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by BossHog09
I wish we could see another prosper/celina game this year just to shut the celina idiots up for another year. Prosper's not near as good as the 2008 team but the would still roll over the lack of athletes that celina has. Those celina folk feel free to talk trash this year cause they know they wont have to be eatin crow later in the season. It's too bad, to back out of a rivalry like that, just because Butch wanted to get his win total up from last year.

Oh jeez now the other end of Preston is joining in... Is there a single player in Gunter that could make either the Celina or Prosper team?

Our "non-athletes" rolled up 500+ yards on the team that wears your crown. how about a little respect for Pilot Point as you are currently their biznitch!

slpybear the bullfan
09-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Remind me...

Over on Cuba Road, right down from the P's in the empty lot.

MamaBull
09-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Seems to me that you lost some studs on Defense – how did ya’ll fill those holes?
we had a couple of really good players on that side of the ball last year, but its more of 11 guys playing together this year. no stand out all americans but the whole D flys around and plays together. its a good unit.

t-bag31
09-13-2010, 02:35 PM
prosper by 3. this is ganna be a close game

PHOP
09-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Fridayfanatic
Totally agree with you PHOP. Platooning QB isn't smart. They sure hurt the QB last year with that same stuff. I think what no one may realize is that Prosper has the potential, ecspecially on offense, to be very good. The line is bigger and faster than last year. We have an 1800 yrd rusher that returned and we have a QB that looks to have to lots of upside if the coaches would pick their horse. The tools are all there we just need to introduce a scheme that uses them properly. Maybe we can get some ideas this week watching Bridgeport game tape.

Thanks Friday - I mentioned to another Prosper fan that I thought this team had more talent than last year and I was nearly decapitated. No single stand out just bigger stronger faster kids and then mix in a little #7 and we should be tough. The problem I see with the team is that they are missing a spark, something to fire the boys up so they can play to potential…my hope is the Alvarado game did that.

The season is/will not get easier with BP, Argyle and Lovejoy the next three games. Also not many have given them credit but Farmersville and Princeton aren’t going to be guaranteed wins either…gotta fix the enthusiasm now or it will be an ugly season.

BullsFan
09-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Over on Cuba Road, right down from the P's in the empty lot.

I like! I like a lot. I'll be there!

d0tc0m
09-13-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm not sure how this thread got turned into a discussion of Celina/Prosper, but I'll take Bridgeport in this one, but actually I'll say it'll be a bit closer than some others are predicting. That said, you're an idiot if you think Celina is or would ever in this lifetime be afraid to play prosper. That's one of the most ignorant statements I've ever heard, but typical of the mouths from whence they came.

SOONER09
09-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by t-bag31
prosper by 3. this is ganna be a close game You have no clue!

bowleghorses
09-13-2010, 10:52 PM

May dat dair is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!:stirpot: :crazy1:

bowleghorses
09-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks Friday - I mentioned to another Prosper fan that I thought this team had more talent than last year and I was nearly decapitated. No single stand out just bigger stronger faster kids and then mix in a little #7 and we should be tough. The problem I see with the team is that they are missing a spark, something to fire the boys up so they can play to potential…my hope is the Alvarado game did that.

The season is/will not get easier with BP, Argyle and Lovejoy the next three games. Also not many have given them credit but Farmersville and Princeton aren’t going to be guaranteed wins either…gotta fix the enthusiasm now or it will be an ugly season.

I know what is missing...dat spark.:D

PPSTATEBOUND
09-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Bridgeport by 10

bowleghorses
09-14-2010, 10:52 AM
I can guarantee the winner of this game will be one classy outfit!

bowleghorses
09-14-2010, 10:54 AM
I can guarantee the winner of this game will be one classy outfit!

The loser as well.:clap:

IrishTex
09-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Who picked this game????

The Bulls by 28..

:thinking:

NateDawg39
09-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Bridgeport is way over the confidence mark....Prosper by 7 :devil:

Bull_Guy
09-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Bridgeport is way over the confidence mark....Prosper by 7 :devil: Youre right, the Bridgeport posters should be picking Bridgeport to lose...

NateDawg39
09-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Bull_Guy
Youre right, the Bridgeport posters should be picking Bridgeport to lose... I never said you should. That would be just silly of you sir.

Bull_Guy
09-14-2010, 10:02 PM
I never said you should. That would be just silly of you sir. But you did say that we are way over confident. I dont think any of the bull fans are over confident. Most of the outrageous scores that pick bport to win by 40 are from celina fans because everybody knows celina and prosper hate each other. Anyways i pick bport to win by 10...at least.

NateDawg39
09-14-2010, 10:06 PM
But you did say that we are way over confident. I dont think any of the bull fans are over confident. Most of the outrageous scores that pick bport to win by 40 are from celina fans because everybody knows celina and prosper hate each other. Anyways i pick bport to win by 10...at least. Good heavens man!! Take a joke for what it is worth!! Your heart will last longer :rolleyes:

MamaBull
09-15-2010, 08:42 AM
....Prosper by 7 :devil:
you do know its prosper and bridgeport? not prosper and decatur? i think yall dropped them and added ranchview, a much more skilled:rolleyes: opponent...

BILLYFRED0000
09-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Prosper has some defense but their O is only just above average. D still wins championships. I believe that they can still compete. But if their O does not improve they will not go past 4 rounds.
This game to me is going to be a good indicator of both teams. Can the bulls move against that D and can Prosper put points on the board. I saw ranchview. We would have put 100 on the board or close to it with the first team o in the game all game. Their D was non existent.
we wound up with 62. Prosper scored 38. We gave up 14. Prosper gave up 10.
So the Defenses may be comparable. But it looks like the Prosper O this year is the weaker link.

Bull_Guy
09-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Good heavens man!! Take a joke for what it is worth!! Your heart will last longer :rolleyes: Bulls win by 82....at least.

Bullaholic
09-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Bulls win by 82....at least.

Aw c'mon, BG---show a little confidence....:D

bowleghorses
09-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Prosper also gave up several fumbles in this game while in the red zone.

charlesrixey
09-15-2010, 11:27 AM

lol

Celina went 7-5 last year.

they played 24 playoff games the previous four.

7-5 was our worst season since 1987. If our worst season in 25 years turns out to be a 7-5 season where we made the area round of the playoffs then most fans won't feel so bad about it. If tradition only means you have a streak of 10-win seasons going then the list is pretty short right now.

As for Prosper, i don't believe their defense is as bad as some would like to believe, and i also believe they will give Bridgeport fits. Unless they can score more points, however, they will have a very tough time beating their next three opponents.

charlesrixey
09-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Prosper has succeeded the last four years with a ball-control offense built around a strong dual-threat type qb and a strong set of running backs.

Their defense has been very good over the last two years, but they have lost a bunch and they are having to stay on the field longer since the offense isn't producing as it has previously. Eventually, teams that are good enough will overcome almost any defense and score if they have a large edge in time of possession.

Unfortunately, Argyle and Lovejoy are two top ten teams whose defense is good enough to open up close games by not allowing a lot of points. In that respect i think Prosper is somewhat like Celina the past two years--struggling at the qb position will throw off the rhythm of the offense enough that close games at half get blown open by mistakes and stalled drives. It doesn't help that Prosper's offense overall isn't as good (yet) overall as they have been in previous years

In 2008, Celina ran all the way to the title game with great play at the QB position. The same QB had some struggles earlier in the regular season and consequently they entered the playoffs 7-3. This last year the pass offense never got in sync, opposing teams keyed on the run, and Celina went 7-5.

I say all that to say this: Prosper has a good enough defense to hang around with the top teams in the region, but it won't matter if their offense continues to sputter. The eagles might go 6-4 in the regular season, but i doubt they will be any worse than that. If they get in rhythm in time for the playoffs then they will be fine. However, that doesn't mean that Bridgeport should feel like they will win this by a lot-their defense will likely determine that with the tone they set in the first half.

bowleghorses
09-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Aw c'mon, BG---show a little confidence....:D

Confidence!!! how about some intelligence:D

Daddy D 11
09-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Prosper by 50.

BullBoy
09-15-2010, 02:47 PM
BRIDGEPORT BY 100!!!

ok, seriously i think Bridgeport will win by 10, Prosper always plays Bridgeport tough.

Bullaholic
09-15-2010, 02:59 PM
BRIDGEPORT BY 100!!!

ok, seriously i think Bridgeport will win by 10, Prosper always plays Bridgeport tough.

Good to see another Bull poster, BullBoy. Welcome aboard.

BullBoy
09-15-2010, 03:06 PM
This board is awsome! been following it for about 2 years now and thought it would be nice to join in on some of the friendly trash talk that goes on. I've learnt a few things from reading most of the posts on here: east Texas teams are better than any other teams in the state no matter how good the other team is, and that Brownwood can only be defeated by Brownwood.

BILLYFRED0000
09-15-2010, 03:09 PM
This board is awsome! been following it for about 2 years now and thought it would be nice to join in on some of the friendly trash talk that goes on. I've learnt a few things from reading most of the posts on here: east Texas teams are better than any other teams in the state no matter how good the other team is, and that Brownwood can only be defeated by Brownwood.

And if you don't believe it go over to smoaky's. about east texas.

Bullaholic
09-15-2010, 03:10 PM

You are a quick learner. :D You are going to do just fine---along with this year's Bulls.

BILLYFRED0000
09-15-2010, 03:28 PM
You are a quick learner. :D You are going to do just fine---along with this year's Bulls.

I concur bullaholic. I think the bulls are going to have a good season. A good playoff run if injuries stay out of the way.

Bullaholic
09-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I concur bullaholic. I think the bulls are going to have a good season. A good playoff run if injuries stay out of the way.

Thanks, BF---that is everyone's hope. I think all the "knowns" are in place--it's those unknowns, like injuries, which can cause even the best teams to fall short. I hope the Bobcats can miss having a lot of injuries, also, as I believe that Celina could have a very favorable run, especially if they go D1.

slpybear the bullfan
09-15-2010, 04:39 PM
I've learnt a few things from reading most of the posts on here:...

...and that Brownwood can only be defeated by Brownwood.

And possibly the Chinese Army. Depending on who the Peoples' Repbulic started on the line.

MamaBull
09-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Prosper by 50. why is this?

Daddy D 11
09-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by MamaBull
why is this?
You know why.

LE Dad
09-15-2010, 07:03 PM
This board is awsome! been following it for about 2 years now and thought it would be nice to join in on some of the friendly trash talk that goes on. I've learnt a few things from reading most of the posts on here: east Texas teams are better than any other teams in the state no matter how good the other team is, and that Brownwood can only be defeated by Brownwood. Very nice:clap: :clap:

Except: ET posters don't necessarily think their teams ''are better" they just don't like other folks telling that they aren't.:thinking: :D

Welcome to the board!!:thumbsup:

BullsFan
09-15-2010, 07:11 PM

Dude, you have just encapsulated the entire 3ADL experience down into a single paragraph. (With the exception of the Hot Girls thread, which flourishes during the off season and which I so do not follow.)

Welcome to the board!! :)

BullBoy
09-15-2010, 07:35 PM
I appreciate the welcomes to the board!
:)

BwdLion73
09-15-2010, 07:38 PM

Welcome BullBoy, glad you got it figured out.;) :D

BullBoy
09-15-2010, 08:08 PM
(disregard this message)

just testing to see if my signature shows up.;)

garciap77
09-15-2010, 09:12 PM
This board is awsome! been following it for about 2 years now and thought it would be nice to join in on some of the friendly trash talk that goes on. I've learnt a few things from reading most of the posts on here: east Texas teams are better than any other teams in the state no matter how good the other team is, and that Brownwood can only be defeated by Brownwood .

LOL

Welcome to the board!!!:D

MamaBull
09-15-2010, 09:13 PM
You know why.
but do you?

Daddy D 11
09-15-2010, 10:31 PM
but do you?

Well obviously.

MamaBull
09-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Well obviously. please share.

Daddy D 11
09-15-2010, 11:20 PM
please share.

But you already know?

BILLYFRED0000
09-16-2010, 09:09 AM
But you already know?

Well I don't

MamaBull
09-16-2010, 11:59 AM
But you already know? know what??

Daddy D 11
09-16-2010, 03:43 PM
but do you?

^you inferred you already knew

know what??

sportsgram
09-16-2010, 04:46 PM
We are scheduled to broadcast from there tomorrow night. Wondering about AT&T coverage at the Stadium since we use the cell network to get out. Can someone from Bridgeport give me a heads up on the coverage in the Staidum? The ATT Wirless Coverage Viewer is indicating 3G coverage.

Thanks!

Bullaholic
09-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by sportsgram
We are scheduled to broadcast from there tomorrow night. Wondering about AT&T coverage at the Stadium since we use the cell network to get out. Can someone from Bridgeport give me a heads up on the coverage in the Staidum? The ATT Wirless Coverage Viewer is indicating 3G coverage.

Thanks!

My sources tell me that 3G at the stadium is spotty and not real reliable. Hope you guys can get a good hookup. I will probably try to catch the stream on my iPhone at the stadium if I can get wi-fi access. I will wave at you guys from my seats on the 50. Welcome to Bull Country---glad you guys are streaming the game and hope you have a good time during your brief visit.

MamaBull
09-16-2010, 05:49 PM
^you inferred you already knew i forgot i was dealing with a baylor bear. so sorry, let me try again. do you?

sportsgram
09-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Bullaholic, thanks. We do not have to have 3G coverage but it helps. We can get out on the 2G network. We'll bring 3 watt booster with us.

BullsFan
09-16-2010, 07:07 PM
For what it's worth, our seats are on the 50 yard line and I've never gotten 3G at a football game.

Daddy D 11
09-16-2010, 07:37 PM
i forgot i was dealing with a baylor bear. so sorry, let me try again. do you?

You already asked that.

MamaBull
09-16-2010, 07:51 PM
You already asked that. i quit.

sportsgram
09-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks Bullsfan. We are bringing a 3 watt booster amplifier which should help. Based on the coverage maps I was afraid that was the case. For those listening in the stands there will be a 20 second or so delay.

peagle
09-17-2010, 02:04 AM
They are very avg. They will make the playoffs because of the dist. They are in, but they want hang long in the playoffs.
Look who is talking about their district baaaahaahaa

loco toro
09-17-2010, 10:46 PM
bridgeport wins 37 to prosper 32, good game

SOONER09
09-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Prosper's qb is a horse.

bowleghorses
09-17-2010, 11:10 PM
damb good game...who would have thought

d0tc0m
09-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by peagle
Look who is talking about their district baaaahaahaa

yeah neither one of us can help our district. this realignment was a joke. how we ended up in a district with commerce, and not in one with prosper, pilot point, aubrey.... i'll never know. regardless, we'll both make the post season. will prosper go d1?

peagle
09-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
yeah neither one of us can help our district. this realignment was a joke. how we ended up in a district with commerce, and not in one with prosper, pilot point, aubrey.... i'll never know. regardless, we'll both make the post season. will prosper go d1?

It all depends on Love Joy. Our game against Argyle And Love Joy will say the most. The pre district schedule has been tough not giving a lot of time to work out kinks with a lot of new players. Growth brings in talent but not the experience and leadership high school players need. Very impressed that they have fought till the last second every game. Pre-season is really preparing these boys for play- offs.

TheDOCTORdre
09-18-2010, 12:06 PM
damb good game...who would have thought

Sweetwater Red:D

gatordaze
09-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m

Lovejoy would have to quit the sport in mid season for Prosper to go D1.

Lonestar, Nevada Community and Farmersville are a combine 0-12 for the year against the sisters of the blind. I am not thinking that one of these teams is gonna steal a playoff spot from the pre-season #1...