PDA

View Full Version : Wylie/Graham Game

SteersFootball
09-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Just wanted to say good job to both teams. Tough game for both and glad to see Graham rebound from last weeks lost.

garciap77
09-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by SteersFootball
Just wanted to say good job to both teams. Tough game for both and glad to see Graham rebound from last weeks lost.

Congrats! Hope our team can rebound next week.

SWAS009
09-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Congrats! Hope our team can rebound next week.

No disrespect for Wiley. But other the brownwood, the obvious number 1 for many reasons. Graham really isn't that terrible post McCoy era. No one gives them any credit. But in all likely hood. They will still win district and go a few rounds in. They haven't bet Wiley in Abilene I'm forever. The winner was always chosen by whose house it was at. Good job guys. Keep showing them that the name McCoy did not make our team, and we can still do work without him, or baby Jesus himself, Case McCoy!

Z-RO
09-11-2010, 01:59 AM
Graham beat a Wylie team that is more inexperienced then they are. Big whoop.

SWAS009
09-11-2010, 02:08 AM
More inexperienced? That's impossible. Look at all the seniors Graham lost. Look at the coach Graham lost. And they're still hanging in there, other that number one in the state. Bynum is showing a lot of maturity for replacing a DI quarterback. Wylie was still top ten. So they couldn't be too terrible. And it was in their house. I'll put money on Wiley being brownwoods biggest threat in district.

Z-RO
09-11-2010, 02:24 AM
Returning starters

Offense

Graham 4
Wylie 1

Defense

Graham 5
Wylie 2

Do the math...yes more inexperienced

3afan
09-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Wylie gets rolled by Lovejoy next week ...

BEAST
09-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by SWAS009
They will still win district and go a few rounds in.

Yall better win district or you'll see us in round 1. It will be a short playoff experience for the Steers.

BEAST

Tsip85
09-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
Wylie gets rolled by Lovejoy next week ...

I don't know that Wylie "gets rolled." LJ gave up too much on the ground vs a very one dimensional Frisco offense. Hopefully the bye week will help the Leopards to prepare for the Bulldog offense. Me thinks it will be somewhat close, but probably won't come down to the last 8 seconds!

Pendragon13
09-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Yeah, this years Wylie is basically 3 returning starters along with 2-3 others who got some experience...and the rest is last years JV/Frosh team. Even so, this team doesn't even resemble Wylie teams of the recent past. They'll no doubt get better as the season progresses...but so will everyone else in our district.

Congrats to Graham on a good win...you guys should take care of business in your new district.

Deuce
09-11-2010, 09:59 AM
I still can't believe our boys pulled it off last night! Great job all the way around by Graham. This will be a huge win going forward.

Deuce
09-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Graham beat a Wylie team that is more inexperienced then they are. Big whoop.

"Big whoop", are you kidding me. There wasnt anyone one on this board that thought Graham had a chance last night, including me. This was a huge upset.

SWAS009
09-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Deuce
"Big whoop", are you kidding me. There wasnt anyone one on this board that thought Graham had a chance last night, including me. This was a huge upset.

Amen :iagree:

VWG
09-11-2010, 11:22 AM
No disrespect for Wiley. But other the brownwood, the obvious number 1 for many reasons. Graham really isn't that terrible post McCoy era. No one gives them any credit. But in all likely hood. They will still win district and go a few rounds in. They haven't bet Wiley in Abilene I'm forever. The winner was always chosen by whose house it was at. Good job guys. Keep showing them that the name McCoy did not make our team, and we can still do work without him, or baby Jesus himself, Case McCoy!

Wow.... is it just me, or was this hard to read. :nerd:

Spell/grammar check please:crazy1:

Looking4number8
09-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Wow.... is it just me, or was this hard to read. :nerd:

Spell/grammar check please:crazy1:

It was a little, but I am the official "worse speller on the board" so I was able to figure it out pretty quickly...

wildstangs
09-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Go back and look at Wylie's scores over the last 8-10 years. They always drop one or two in non district that they shouldn't. Several of them have even been to Graham. Sandifer's teams always get better as the year goes on. I think they have even lost to Graham in the regular season, and then went on to beat the Steers in the playoffs.

Cameron Crazy
09-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Both teams played hard and Graham came on top, good luck on your journey Wylie.

wyliefan
09-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Yeah, this years Wylie is basically 3 returning starters along with 2-3 others who got some experience...and the rest is last years JV/Frosh team. Even so, this team doesn't even resemble Wylie teams of the recent past. They'll no doubt get better as the season progresses...but so will everyone else in our district.

Congrats to Graham on a good win...you guys should take care of business in your new district.

I totally agree with your post. I have watched Wylie for 15+ years and this is one of the least experienced teams that I have seen. I was upbeat after the game against S-ville, I thought they were coming together as a team, but I think they took a few steps back. They still have 3 non-district games to get everyone on the same page. This team is similar to the 2003 team that started 2-4 (even lost their first district game to Clyde.) That team went to the semis and then next year's won state. There are two sophomores and several juniors starting. We as Wylie fans just need to be patient and give the team some time to gel. At this point they need to be concerned about playing as a team and not about wins and losses. If we enter district at 1-5 or 4-2, we can still win district or at the very least make the playoffs. They need to work on not giving up the ball on offense and the defense needs to do a better job in pass coverage.

No matter what happens the next three weeks, I still expect Wylie to battle for the district title and continue their consecutive playoff streak.

STANG RED
09-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Wylie will be fine. They always are :mad: . Wont win district this year, and may even have to settle for third. But even so, will be ready for the playoffs, and I expect will go 3 rounds deep at least.

#1 TEXAN
09-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Steers came out and showed they are capable of making a show, hopefully they can keep making progress. congrats steers!!!

Z-RO
09-12-2010, 12:00 AM

Just because people thought Graham was THAT BAD it wasnt because people thought Graham was THAT good (which they are not).

Rocket
09-12-2010, 12:41 AM
I still can't believe our boys pulled it off last night! Great job all the way around by Graham. This will be a huge win going forward.

You and the rest of the state and anybody who is a football fan on the planet earth.

Rocket
09-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by #1 TEXAN
Steers came out and showed they are capable of making a show, hopefully they can keep making progress. congrats steers!!!

LOL keep going and make Brownwood look good..

Rocket
09-12-2010, 12:44 AM
nm

Rocket
09-12-2010, 12:46 AM

2 things real quick (and these are just my opinion):
1. If Graham wins district, your district sucks.
2. If Graham goes 3 rounds deep, Brownwood wins the BCS National Title.

DaHop72
09-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Brownwood wins the BCS National Title. :thinking: :thinking: I thought that was a given. :devil: :devil:

steerz2010
09-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thinking: :thinking: I thought that was a given. :devil: :devil: :eek:

:D

#1 TEXAN
09-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
2 things real quick (and these are just my opinion):
1. If Graham wins district, your district sucks.
2. If Graham goes 3 rounds deep, Brownwood wins the BCS National Title.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: