PDA

View Full Version : Navasota @ Bryan Rudder

navscanmaster
09-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Rudder up 7-0 on the opening drive. Navasota defense blown up by Rudder O-Line during the drive. Ended with a 21 yard TD pass from Kyle Danford to Mike Jones.

navscanmaster
09-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Navasota sounds badly undersized. Rudder is fired up and killing the lines. Rudder with the ball now after a Navasota punt following successive sacks.:mad:

navscanmaster
09-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Will Johnson's 43 yard attempt has plenty of leg, but is wide left. Navasota ball down 7-0 halfway through the first.

navscanmaster
09-10-2010, 08:09 PM
This is painful to listen to.:mad:

Edit: Navasota defense holds in the redzone with another FG miss. Slight sigh of relief. Rudder has outgained Navasota 220 to 3 so far.

navscanmaster
09-10-2010, 08:29 PM
After a big punt return by Tre Hammond, Will Johnson misses another field goal, extremely uncharacteristically. Navasota only down 7-0 despite being owned by the Rudder O-Line and rushers.

navscanmaster
09-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Navasota has exactly four yards of offense (4 passing, 0 rushing) at the half. Rudder didn't have the 220 I said earlier, but the domination is still there.

Rudder:
Passing: Danford 4/9 for 48 yards, TD
Rushing:
Danford 7-43
Anderson: 8-53
Hammond: 1-2
Jones: 2-0
Curtis: 5-8

Totals:
Rudder 48 Pass, 106 Rush, 154 Total
Navasota: 4 Pass, 0 Rush, 4 Total

Navasota has 1 first down to Rudder's 9.

gobbler grad
09-10-2010, 08:49 PM
where's the offense tonight...:thinking:does not sound like typical Rattler football tonight

navscanmaster
09-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
where's the offense tonight...:thinking:does not sound like typical Rattler football tonight

Yeah. Rattlers got the ball, gained two first downs, and got off a good punt to the 17.

navscanmaster
09-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Wow, Navasota makes three big tackles for loss, gets an offensive face mask penalty to give Rudder a deep 3rd and long, only to give up a 71 yard screen pass. Rudder knocking on the door again.:doh:

navscanmaster
09-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Navasota holds Rudder to a field goal on that drive. Rudder 10, Navasota 0. Fedora had better get something going.

navscanmaster
09-10-2010, 09:18 PM
This is reminding me a lot of Caldwell last year. Navasota has had two wide open TD passes dropped.:mad:

navscanmaster
09-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Kesnick Jones intercepts Danford, returns it and gets popped hard and injured, and after all that, Rudder keeps the ball on a roughing the passer penalty. Navasota then recovers a Rudder fumble at their own five yard line.

navscanmaster
09-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Navasota goes three and out again.:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: Rudder 10-0 after 3 quarters.

Caldwell_Raider
09-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Wow, Rudder must have really improved! Props to them!

navscanmaster
09-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Other than the one big play, Navasota's defense has given the offense every chance in the world to come back in this one. Navasota ball after a Rudder punt for a touchback. Less than 6 minutes to go.

navscanmaster
09-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Navasota converts a 4th and 5, gets into Rudder territory, and Ian Day throws his second interception, returned all the way back to the Navasota 7. That is gonna be the ball game and I am sick.

navscanmaster
09-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Wow. Rudder scores with under two minutes. Think they wanted to rub it in a little?:mad:

Rudder 17-0 with about a minute left.

navscanmaster
09-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Rudder wins 17-0. Yuck. I am going to bed and hoping the Aggies get me back on track tomorrow.

Final Stats:

NAVASOTA:
Passing - Day: 16/25 for 97 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT.
Rushing -
Day: 7-12
Burrell: 4-19
Jones: 1-6
Creeks: 1-1

Total: 34 Rush, 97 Pass, 131 Total

RUDDER:
Passing - Danford 7/14 for 129 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT.
Rushing -
Danford - 15-79
Anderson - 14-54
Curtis - 8-19
Hammond - 2-6, TD
Jones: 2-0

Total: 158 Rush, 129 Pass, 287 Total

Like last year's road goose egg at Caldwell, the defense played extremely well, allowing only one play over 20 yards, a 71 yard backbreaker of a screen on 3rd and 27 deep in Rudder's own territory, which although ended up being only a field goal, pretty much broke Navasota's chance at grabbing some momentum. The offense just could not get anything going, and the lays that really stood out were wide open, defender beating drops of sure TD passes by Aaron Collins and Tevin Creeks, who are Navasota's top two, usually sure handed receivers. Another comparison of note, Navasota only rushed the ball 13 times, after rushing for over 300 yards in the first two games apiece. Caldwell and Rudder both pounded Navasota early up the middle with linebacker blitzes and scared Fedora from calling running plays. That is all I have to say about that.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-10-2010, 11:29 PM
could be a long night in Rattler land a week from tonight....

Yoe_09
09-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Nice win for Rudder..thats for sure. Im really looking forward to the matchup next week.

HEMOTOXIC
09-11-2010, 12:57 AM
By far the worst offensive performance that I've seen from the Rattlers in the past 5 seasons. :doh:

Yoefan11
09-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Wow. Rudder scores with under two minutes. Think they wanted to rub it in a little?:mad:

Rudder 17-0 with about a minute left.

I think now that the once "baby rangers" are all grown up now...they thought they'd take out some of the frustration they had in 3a the past couple of years on the rattlers...

Can't wait to see how the Yoe-Navasota game turns out next week...for some reason i don't think it will be a very high scoring affair...

OldBison75
09-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Rudder came out well prepared as always and has a field full of great athletes. The offensive and defensives lines are much bigger and better than last year. Rudder has always had great skill people. They are fast and strong and the defensive side of the ball does not miss tackles.

The Rattlers were never in the game offensively. Numerous missed blocking assignments, dropped passes, and underthrown passes just killed any chance of getting on a roll. The offensive line spent the whole night playing five blockers on six or seven rushers and there was never any adjustment to the offensive blocking scheme.

On a good note, if there is any in a loss, the fefense played pretty well. Take away the 71 yard screen pass which was aided by two blocks in the back that were not called and the total yards allowed was about 200. Another good note is Kesnick Jones appeared to be injured on an interception and returned to play later in the game.

I could make all kinds of excuses about the officiating, including two flags where the refs signaled penalties against Rudder and then had conferences and waved off the flags. However, these non calls did not change the fact that Ruder whipped Navasota up front all night.

I said in the consensus top 10 thread that I did not believe this Rattler team was top 10 and may be a little high at the top 25 right now. I think that this team will be okay by district, but they showed alot of weaknesses that they need to fix tonight.

NOTE TO CAMERON YOE--You better be ready next week, the rattler players and fans were embarassed tonight and will be seeking revenge next week. It will be loud and rowdy at the Rattler homecoming.

navscanmaster
09-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Attention Yoe: Remember that Navasota bounced back from a shutout at Caldwell last year to pound state ranked Rockdale at home. Rudder had the ability to keep guys fresh on defense and offense last night, Cameron will have to rely a whole lot more on making stops to keep their defense fresh. Plus, like Rudder was looking for revenge last night, Navasota will be looking to avenge the loss at home late last season to the Yoe.

Bottom line: Next week's game will be an epic.