PDA

View Full Version : Bandera

statebulldog08
09-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Whats this I hear about a new transfer qb coming in. Is he good enough to replace Hicks? Want to hear details. Fill me in Rick!

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2003, 04:31 PM
Coach Grover said that Gary Barton will be the starting QB...don't know tho, if he's new. Rick will know for sure. Replace Hicks???? eek! He would have to have awfully big shoes, for sure!! Good luck to State Champ Hicks at Sam Houston!!

<small>[ September 04, 2003, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2003, 05:13 PM
Got some more info...new Methodist preacher in town has son, soph or jr, that's supposedly a good athlete....and his name is not Barton, so I guess that answers my question. A transfer student that might be a great QB...now that's divine intervention for sure!!

...I'm getting the scoop tonight from a coach...I'll report back......with just the facts...

GO DOGS!!!!

<small>[ September 04, 2003, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

BULLDOGFAN
09-04-2003, 05:13 PM
Not sure who he is Robert. I just heard through the grape vine that he was a transfer and has to sit three games. I don;t think anyone can replace Brett.

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2003, 05:16 PM
..Robert??? Is that Ickes????

BigChamp05
09-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Is that Ickes?

BigChamp05
09-04-2003, 06:27 PM
Hey, whats been goin on Rick? I don't know what i'm gonna do on Friday nights now. I was reading in a High School Football book and did you know Horse is 4th all time in Texas HS Football history in rushing attempts in a season. Its pretty amazing. And for us to still be as balanced as we were...I forget sometimes how good we were, lol. Just playing for all of those who want to jump on me.

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2003, 06:43 PM
I always said ya'll wouldn't know just how amazing you really were..until later. No one will jump on you..you're a Champ and have bragging rights! Yep, I know what you mean, going to the game Fri will just not be the same for sure!!

BULLDOGFAN
09-04-2003, 09:39 PM
What is up big Cody, just got of the phone with Ryan and all seems to be well in College Station.

Colton seems to have gotten over the butterflies and is holding his own against those big boys up there.

Haven't heard much from Brett, Ickes is in Corpus, Matt is doing well, the Horse is ready to come home, Hunter is a wimp in lubbock, Syngyn is playing for TCU ( WINK ), and Rick is not having fun going to a game that doesn't include his boys.

Just isn't going to be the same this year.

What a year it was. Their will never be a team in Bandera like yours again. That's a fact JACK!!!!

You kick butt up there and get me a schedule. May need to get the DOG POUND in order to do a few road trips. Me, Heep, Hoesen, Guidry, Hicks, Johnson, Reed....Good you handle that?

Take care Cody... STUDY.

BanderaQB2
09-04-2003, 10:17 PM
Just thought I'd drop a line. Things are going well for me here. However I won't be taking a snap this year. I got redshirted, but I did get to take some part in our scrimmages, so that was cool. I can definitely compete next year for the starting job. Good luck to my Bandera boys this year, although I heard we had a few quitters and the team is looking like it is going to be a long year. I sure hope not, also heard a rumor that Chris Martinez quit, is that true?

2002 STATE CHAMPS :-)

BULLDOGFAN
09-04-2003, 11:00 PM
What is up Big B...Hadn't heard about Chris but nothing surprises me. Everything has changed. I keep up on you on BearKatnews but haven;t seen much recently. You kick tail up there and try twice as hard as everyone else. Good things happen to good people. Gonna visit your dad tommorrow.

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 06:47 AM: Message edited by: BULLDOGFAN ]</small>

BigChamp05
09-04-2003, 11:48 PM
Who quit? I just don't think they have what we had last year. They are gonna be young and inexpirienced. I think i'm gonna catch the liberty hill game cause it's not too far from here. I will see you there Rick if not before.

BULLDOGFAN
09-05-2003, 06:47 AM
I'll get all the scoop tonight.

Bandera YaYa
09-05-2003, 09:55 AM
I talked to Campos just a little while ago at the store,and he was pumped up about the game, so I don't think Chris has quit, or else who would Campos be going to watch???

SoTexClone
09-05-2003, 10:07 AM
It doesn't matter if Martinez quit or not....MV can't beat Bandera at our house. I look for the dogs to spank the kittens right out of town. What do ya'll think?

Bandera YaYa
09-05-2003, 10:11 AM
I hope you are right....thanks for the vote of confidence. I don't know what to expect with all the seniors gone and new coaching, but I'll be there to cheer them on...they have alot on the line, but I want them to play for themselves and not think they have anything to prove, unless to themselves.
Peace and Ya Ya!

BanderaQB2
09-05-2003, 01:02 PM
I just talked to a coach from Bandera. No one has quit, so Chris has not quit. And as far as the transfer goes, he is an offensive lineman not a 6'4" QB.

txrangers
09-05-2003, 01:39 PM
MV had a 5'8'' transfer from Lytle. he is the difference maker that they have been looking for.

Bandera YaYa
09-05-2003, 05:01 PM
...5'8"? Heck, I'm that tall! :D lol

Ranger Mom
09-05-2003, 05:17 PM
Are you SURE you are 5'8"??? eek!

The reason I ask is because I always thought I was 5'7-3/4". My husband measured me not too long ago and I was 5'6-3/4". I thought I had shrunk an inch. I was telling my mom and she said, "I'm 5'8" and you have always been an inch or so shorter than me, why did you think you were almost 5'8"?? For the life of me, I don't know why I thought that. I haven't been measured since I was in school.

Isn't that sad?? I'm 39 years old and just found out how tall I am!! :D

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
09-05-2003, 05:23 PM
Well, heck RangerMom, now you have me all worried. I have been 5'8" since I don't know when, but then I haven't measured myself in years, so maybe I'm not anymore. How sad! I don't want to know the truth!! Life stinks!!
( I really wanted to use another word, but was afraid it would get me kicked off...do you think it would have????? )

You must have a home game tonite, like me...we are the only ones on here! :cool:

Ranger Mom
09-05-2003, 05:30 PM
Our LAST home game for awhile, and homecoming at that!! We won't play again at home until October 17th. I think that sucks!! (Is that the word you were thinking of??) Surely that's okay.

Jacket44 said "damn" was okay because is was used in his grandmother's house. So I think we are safe with it!!

(Watch the next post be "Ranger Mom is ROM"!!

That would s*ck!! :D :D

Actually, that word is allowed in my house before the "D-word" is!

Okay...I'm done "rebelling" now!!

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
09-05-2003, 11:59 PM
OK, I got the OK from the beloved RangerMom that you can say "sucks" on here...so don't RM me in the future....

Anyway, glad to know you are such a REBEL, RangerMom.....YOU GO GIRL! YaYa!!

Ranger Mom
09-06-2003, 12:07 AM
I hope I don't blow anybody "image" of me!! :D

But after I read what I had posted, I thought it was pretty darn funny myself!! :D :D

Bandera YaYa
09-06-2003, 12:21 AM
Oh, believe me you are funny!!!!Plus, you have everyone's respect on here, so I'm going to just ride behind you from now on!!
:)