PDA

View Full Version : Joe Montana is an A-Hole but brings up a good point

Old Tiger
09-10-2010, 01:31 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Joe-Montana-scores-another-touchdown-for-reality?urn=ncaaf-268408

SWMustang
09-10-2010, 07:32 AM
I don't think he was being an a-hole. And what he said didn't take anything away from what Rudy accomplished.

trojandad
09-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
And what he said didn't take anything away from what Rudy accomplished.

I agree, anyone who watched the movie who's ever played football can envision that if he got carried off the field for a few plays, it was a combination of respect for his toughness and a little facitiousness, probably chuckling some while they had him up there.....

It's similar to the real Hoosiers, real life had milan letting the air out of the ball in the second half, if there had been a 24 second clock, the win probably wouldn't have happened, but it did, and it still remains a tiny school beating a monster one.....

that the real rudy was an opportunist is obvious, joe...lol

(btw, in the movie, when rudy gets his sack and his dad is in the stands and celebrates by slapping the chest of the fan standing behind him, that fan is the real rudy)....

AP Panther Fan
09-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
(btw, in the movie, when rudy gets his sack and his dad is in the stands and celebrates by slapping the chest of the fan standing behind him, that fan is the real rudy)....

Really? I will have to watch more closely next time.

I agree with the comment of one of the Rivals posters...

"The movie speaks volumes - about not giving up and pursuing your dreams no matter what the odds or obstacles. It is a very motivational and inspiring type of movie - don't think Joe is putting it down other than to clarify some of what we see in movie didn't really happen."

Pick6
09-10-2010, 09:14 AM
http://thematadorsports.com/blog/?p=8296

According to TMZ, at least one former ND player came to Rudy’s rescue after Montana’s comments. #79 Jay Achterhoff said that Rudy was carried off the field as an acknowledgement for all his hard work and he was disappointed that Montana would say otherwise.

lostaussie
09-10-2010, 09:18 AM
RUDY RUDY RUDY:D

Black Swarm
09-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Michael Oher in interview stated that he didn't care for the part in Blind Side where he looks unathletic.
He said I was always athletic but its Hollywood.

UPanIN
09-10-2010, 10:04 AM
I don't see anything wrong with Montana's statement. He remembers the way he remembers.

Fact is Rudy is one of the few ever carried off after a ND game. As a joke or not it's still an amazing thing to happen to a sub that only got in a couple of plays.

shamu85
09-10-2010, 11:58 AM
The fact that a hobbit played Rudy is kinda weird, though.

SWMustang
09-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by shamu85

:D

Maroon87
09-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by shamu85

No kidding....he should've totally lit up Gollum when he was talking all that junk about the ring.

BaseballUmp
09-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
No kidding....he should've totally lit up Gollum when he was talking all that junk about the ring.
:clap: