PDA

View Full Version : great things expected for castleberry this year

SidelineTS68
09-06-2003, 10:05 PM
At the beginning of training camp in River Oaks, Texas things were looking awesome for the Fighting Lions. Returning 3 year lettermen Anibal Jaramillo, Rafael Huerta, and Billy Smith, 2 year letterman Trey Bennett, and versity rookie Jonathan DeForest as a starting line are an experienced force to be reckoned with. In the backfield Senior Willie Boynton and Junior Gearld Shelbon provide the team with the all-around backfield speed and scat-back ability that has been lacking at Castleberry for many years. Recievers Gerad Morris and Chris Goains are one of a kind in their speed and recieving. James Lollis at QB has excellent speed around the outside and always gives the second effort when running the ball. Thats the offensive report. :D As proof Sept 5th Castleberry 14 Bowie 7. :p After being kept out of the playoffs last year by a bad snap on an extra point to Glenrose the Lions want it bad this year. Look for them to go 10-0 this year in regular season.

CRHSeagle
09-06-2003, 11:09 PM
I'll be looking forward to seeing u guys in the last game of the season. U guys got a good coach from us last I heard. Coach Jones was one of my favorite coaches I've had...

eye of the tiger
09-06-2003, 11:35 PM
Nice win over Bowie. Good luck this year. River Oaks Steakhouse is one of my favorite places to eat so I have to root for RO Castleberry. :)

Chief Woodman
09-07-2003, 04:46 PM
14-7 over Bowie nice enough to brag about? They just lost to a 2A team last week. Maybe too early to tell, but 10-0 is a little far fetched don't ya think? I think they have to play Kennedale AND Everman. I would not even be silly enough to bet Decatur will be 10-0, little on the Castleberry. Good luck and I hope you are right about your team. Time will tell.

Matthew328
09-07-2003, 06:17 PM
Wow, Castleberry going 10-0....

KTownBalla
09-07-2003, 09:22 PM
LOL...10-0....I'm sure they'll be Everman...or maybe even Kennedale...LOL...and win District Champs...right...right...

slpybear the bullfan
09-07-2003, 10:04 PM
Ahhh, folks, one thing you have to LOVE about TX HS Football.... Optimism!!!

Good Luck on 10-0... I don't see it, but Good luck anyway!

PS- Castleberry has the distinction of being the BULLS Opponent at the hottest football game I have ever been to. It was first game of the 1998 season. The Bulls Went to Castleberry and the temp at 7:30 Kickoff was 103 degrees. LOL, my wife was pregnant with our daughter and she suffered through it. Gotta hand it to her.. what a trooper.

SidelineTS68
09-08-2003, 12:38 AM
Who is this coach jones? we didnt get any new coach jones this year...

Wildcat2004
09-08-2003, 08:04 PM
Same song second verse. Alot of talk but nothing to back it up besides 14-7 win over Bowie. Wow, and then Castleberry with speed (LOL)

Chief Woodman
09-13-2003, 09:49 AM
BOYD 25 CASTLEBERRY 15

After a 2A team beat Castleberry, should we expect 9-1 now?