PDA

View Full Version : Consensus Top 10

gatordaze
09-09-2010, 09:01 AM
This is the consensus top 10 by compiling and comparing the following authorities as found here on the downlow :

AP
DCTF
Massey
Maxpreps
Old Coach
Bigwood33
oldtownag
LE Dad
HEMOTOXIC
Coach BS
87 Tiger
Old Bison 75

1 Carthage
2 Brownwood
3 Celina
4 Argyle
5 Sealy
6 Wimberley
7 Brookshire Royal
8 WOS
9 Kirbyville
10 Navasota

bigwood33
09-09-2010, 09:13 AM
I don't think anyone would call me an "authority" but thanks :D

LE Dad
09-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I don't think anyone would call me an "authority" but thanks :D +1

Lucky2Coach
09-09-2010, 09:28 AM
One team is missing. They may not have shown enough to be on there yet, but they will be serving notice over the next few weeks!

OldBison75
09-09-2010, 09:50 AM
This is very interesting, but I don't think Navasota is top 10 right now. If they continue to develope over the year and avoid injuries and mistakes, they have the talent to be a top 10 at the end of the year.

I believe I posted that I, a Navasota fan, had them below #20 this week and that could be a little high right now since I have not seen some pretty good teams that are out there.

gatordaze
09-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
This is very interesting, but I don't think Navasota is top 10 right now. If they continue to develope over the year and avoid injuries and mistakes, they have the talent to be a top 10 at the end of the year.

I believe I posted that I, a Navasota fan, had them below #20 this week and that could be a little high right now since I have not seen some pretty good teams that are out there.

No judgment from me. I just totaled up the votes from the sources described and ranked them in order. They fell where they fell.

bowleghorses
09-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
One team is missing. They may not have shown enough to be on there yet, but they will be serving notice over the next few weeks!

Prosper??????????????????

bowleghorses
09-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
This is the consensus top 10 by compiling and comparing the following authorities as found here on the downlow :

AP
DCTF
Massey
Maxpreps
Old Coach
Bigwood33
oldtownag
LE Dad
HEMOTOXIC
Coach BS
87 Tiger
Old Bison 75

1 Carthage
2 Brownwood
3 Celina
4 Argyle
5 Sealy
6 Wimberley
7 Brookshire Royal
8 WOS
9 Kirbyville
10 Navasota

Homers...:D

bigwood33
09-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
Not as good as they were last year when they lost in the 2nd round. Not a top 10 team.

gatordaze
09-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Like I said this is the aggregation of those that gave a vote or opinion. Go put Prosper in 10 times on the 3adl top 10 list and they might show up

bowleghorses
09-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Like I said this is the aggregation of those that gave a vote or opinion. Go put Prosper in 10 times on the 3adl top 10 list and they might show up

Chill dude...just :stirpot: with you.:D

bowleghorses
09-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Not as good as they were last year when they lost in the 2nd round. Not a top 10 team.

I agree with you...They have some issues to work out...but anyone that can fumble six times in a game and win by 28 points against a team that Celina thought would be pretty good can't be all that bad.:p

Bullaholic
09-09-2010, 03:51 PM

They know they are going to lose to the Bulls, bowleg..... :D

bowleghorses
09-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
They know they are going to lose to the Bulls, bowleg..... :D

Well we will find out shortly Mr. Bulldrunk...bout 8 days.:D

bowleghorses
09-09-2010, 03:57 PM
They are pretty tough if they can hold on to the ball...

Bullaholic
09-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Well we will find out shortly Mr. Bulldrunk...bout 8 days.:D

LOL---I spit my water out...... "Bulldrunk" :D You can laugh for 8 more days, anyhow....:D

GiddingsFan
09-09-2010, 07:58 PM
How is Giddings not in the Top 10 consensus.. we lost by three pts to the almighty falcons, went 9-2 last year, and 5 rounds deep the year before.

biased much?

and we scrimmaged Wimberley and did great against them BTW

wimbo_pro
09-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by GiddingsFan
How is Giddings not in the Top 10 consensus.. we lost by three pts to the almighty falcons, went 9-2 last year, and 5 rounds deep the year before.

biased much?

You did more than "great"...you dominated us almost completely. Though we had trouble holding on to the ball, and we were coming on late in the scrimmage, even the hardest core Texan fan saw their team get whooped up on pretty good.

gatordaze
09-09-2010, 09:27 PM

biased much?

Clearly I need to explain what this is, as questioning how so and so is not in the list is nobody's opinion but simply a concensus, or average, or mashup or....simply math.

I listed the rankings by the various "experts" of the AP, Dave Campbells, Maxpreps, Massey, and The old Coach. Added to that were the 7 guys on this board that gave thier "opinion". Each 1st place vote received 10 points each 2nd place received 9 etc, I added them all up in a spreadsheet and sorted largest to smallest. This gives you the average ranking mathmatically. Giddings accumulated less points than Navasoto so therefore thay did not make the top 10. If you want to be mad at someone it is Bill Gates fault for inventing Excel. Had he not I would not have bothered.

wimbo_pro
09-09-2010, 09:33 PM
If you want to be mad at someone it is Bill Gates fault for inventing Excel. Had he not I would not have bothered.

i think Gates didnt invent Excel, I think they purchased it from another company and modified it. But i digress....

gatordaze
09-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
i think Gates didnt invent Excel, I think they purchased it from another company and modified it. But i digress....

I think it was called Visicalc, then Lotus 123 and the Excel. But not that I am an old geek or anything!

WOS87
09-09-2010, 10:13 PM

biased much?

The WO-S vs Giddings and WO-S vs Kirbyville games coming up in weeks 4 and 5 will sort a lot of that out! (We beat BR by 43 points last year btw if you don't remember)... We're 7-1 vs Giddings (2-1), Brookshire (2-0) and Kirbyville (3-0) combined I believe

Can't wait!

:D

peagle
09-09-2010, 10:14 PM
LOL---I spit my water out...... "Bulldrunk" :D You can laugh for 8 more days, anyhow....:D

I am not putting too much into top ten now it really want stop us .... Let's just say motivate......

I prefer being under-rated....

you homers are all about overrated!!!

garciap77
09-09-2010, 10:17 PM

AP
DCTF
Massey
Maxpreps
Old Coach
Bigwood33
oldtownag
LE Dad
HEMOTOXIC
Coach BS
87 Tiger
Old Bison 75

1 Carthage
2 Brownwood
3 Celina
4 Argyle
5 Sealy
6 Wimberley
7 Brookshire Royal
8 WOS
9 Kirbyville
10 Navasota

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-034.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-034.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-034.gif

buckeyebob
09-10-2010, 04:39 AM
Homers...:D

Understatement...oldtownag an authority?...if I had only known, I would have spewed Gilmer & been an authority too

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2010, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Understatement...oldtownag an authority?...if I had only known, I would have spewed Gilmer & been an authority too
Or you could've put your 3ADL top 25 out. That sounds easier! :p

We only had 7 that felt confident enough this past week. ;)

bigwood33
09-10-2010, 05:26 AM
It will pick up some steam this week!

bowleghorses
09-10-2010, 08:01 AM

I'm still laughing the day after...Bulldrunk...thats hilarious!!!:D

LE Dad
09-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-034.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-034.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-034.gif You should never laugh at authority Garcia.:thinking: :tisk: :tisk:

:)

OldNavy
09-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Understatement...oldtownag ...

What is an old tow nag?

LE Dad
09-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by OldNavy
What is an old tow nag? My ex wife!!:D

juice
09-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
The WO-S vs Giddings and WO-S vs Kirbyville games coming up in weeks 4 and 5 will sort a lot of that out! (We beat BR by 43 points last year btw if you don't remember)... We're 7-1 vs Giddings (2-1), Brookshire (2-0) and Kirbyville (3-0) combined I believe

Can't wait!

:D

yes WOS 87 we all know you beat royal last year. You talk about it in every posted topic on this board. hey yall beat royal the year before last too! dont forget that!

GiddingsFan
09-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by juice
yes WOS 87 we all know you beat royal last year. You talk about it in every posted topic on this board. hey yall beat royal the year before last too! dont forget that!

+1

griff
09-10-2010, 05:49 PM
The season is young and WO-S still has much to prove. The last thing I want to see is WO-S lay an egg against Jasper next week. Cautious optimism...

M-town lobo fan
09-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75

You got it right after tonight

navscanmaster
09-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
You got it right after tonight

I didn't believe it before tonight, but I can honestly say that Rudder would probably cream most of 3A. I seemed to forget that they are a 4A with 1700 enrolled, and are loaded with seniors that have played together for three years. They should be that good. But Navasota's seniors shouldn't be dropping TD passes either.

j_dog
09-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by griff
The season is young and WO-S still has much to prove. The last thing I want to see is WO-S lay an egg against Jasper next week. Cautious optimism...
not much chance of that! :(

trojandad
09-12-2010, 12:03 AM

i'm missing something.....first, 87 posts a LOT that doesn't speak of royal at all, but bigger than that, if anyone knows someone can beat wos that they've had a good record in the past against, its 87 with us last year......i don't think we had ever beaten them before, certainly hadn't for the previous two years by large margins.....i think he's pretty even handed on spilling wos stats....in fact, i think i'd brag on my team a lot more than he does if i had their track record.....:clap: :clap: :clap:

WOS87
09-12-2010, 12:27 AM

Hey! No offense to the Falcons... I wish them the best this year. They obviously did well last year and I would love to see WO-S run into you guys again in the playoffs this year.

Rocket
09-12-2010, 12:39 AM

AP
DCTF
Massey
Maxpreps
Old Coach
Bigwood33
oldtownag
LE Dad
HEMOTOXIC
Coach BS
87 Tiger
Old Bison 75

1 Carthage
2 Brownwood
3 Celina
4 Argyle
5 Sealy
6 Wimberley
7 Brookshire Royal
8 WOS
9 Kirbyville
10 Navasota

Carthage? Give me a break...

gatordaze
09-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Carthage? Give me a break...

That was last week let's see what the experts have to say this week.

buckeyebob
09-13-2010, 04:59 AM
What is an old tow nag?

A closet Buckeye

oldtownag
09-13-2010, 08:07 AM
What is an old tow nag?

What is an Old N avy?