PDA

View Full Version : NFL Season Kickoff game tonight

Farmersfan
09-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Vikings vs the Saints tonight in a rematch of last years NFC championship game! Any comments?
I really dislike both of these teams so would love to see both lose. I normally have not disliked the Saints in the past but with all the hype and over-emphasis on how they brought the city/region out of dispair from Katrina (5 years ago) has caused me to really be tired of the Saints. I also can't help being a little sensitive to the fact that the Saints won a Superbowl with some players as starters that couldn't even make the Cowboy's rooster and a head coach that was a assistant coach here on this underachieving team in Dallas! If the coach for the Saints is that good at finding and developing talent then maybe Jerry Jones should have kept him here.

Falcongrad&Dad
09-09-2010, 08:54 AM
I have to go with the Saints. I agree with you on all the BS hype, but gotta support Brees.

Ruserious
09-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Brett Favre has been waiting on this game since the last matchup,I bet the Vikings beat the Saints and Adrian Peterson will be a huge factor in the game.however it goes it should be an exiting game to start the season!

DDBooger
09-09-2010, 10:29 AM
I have to think the Saints win, Favre won't have the wide array of weappons he had last time. While still potent, not nearly as complete. He'll miss his 3rd down back.

DU_stud04
09-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I have to think the Saints win, Favre won't have the wide array of weappons he had last time. While still potent, not nearly as complete. He'll miss his 3rd down back. chester :(

skol vikings!

DDBooger
09-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
chester :(

skol vikings! I'm betting they'll try to keep Favre upright and pound the Saints with AP. It won't be the same not having a whirling mullet chasing Drew Brees. Women, the guy goes and gets married and that Delilah does ths.

Ruserious
09-09-2010, 10:48 AM
I bet the Viking defense will go after Brees the same way the Saints went after Favre last year.

DDBooger
09-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Ruserious
I bet the Viking defense will go after Brees the same way the Saints went after Favre last year. That is an interesting subplot. Sort of like baseball, you hit my star batter, I have to hit yours. Wonder if it will result in some scuffles, penalties and fines. :cool:

Ruserious
09-09-2010, 10:58 AM
That is an interesting subplot. Sort of like baseball, you hit my star batter, I have to hit yours. Wonder if it will result in some scuffles, penalties and fines. :cool:

I don't think it will result in fines but it sure could cause some scuffles and good battles!:D

crzyjournalist03
09-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Saints 27 Vikings 17

playnhurt
09-09-2010, 11:17 AM
I bet the Viking defense will go after Brees the same way the Saints went after Favre last year.

I thought that's what defenses were supposed to do and don't the Vikings have an offensive line that gets paid to protect the QB?

AP Panther Fan
09-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Saints 27 Vikings 17

Sounds good to me. I want the Saints to win only because:

1) Drew Brees has family from South Texas (Gregory Portland)

2) My husband will be rooting for the Vikings and

3) I got my hopes up when it was rumored Brett Favre would finally retire.

:evillol:

BaseballUmp
09-09-2010, 12:06 PM
What channel is it gonna be on? And pleeeeeease dont say NFL Network haha

DDBooger
09-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
What channel is it gonna be on? And pleeeeeease dont say NFL Network haha I thought the same thing. No worries, NBC.

BaseballUmp
09-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Haha good stuff

sahen
09-09-2010, 12:52 PM
I have to think the Saints win, Favre won't have the wide array of weappons he had last time. While still potent, not nearly as complete. He'll miss his 3rd down back. ]

plus no Sidney Rice

Old Tiger
09-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by sahen
]

plus no Sidney Rice I got Sidney Rice in the last round of my draft so that way I would have him when he comes back.

DDBooger
09-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I got Sidney Rice in the last round of my draft so that way I would have him when he comes back. Didn't he have hip surgery? He has to be out for at least another 8-10 weeks.

Old Tiger
09-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Didn't he have hip surgery? He has to be out for at least another 8-10 weeks. They said he would be back about week 8 plus it was the last round you really don't have much value at any pick.

Farmersfan
09-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Well considering the fact that I think Favre is bound to get hurt at some point in the this season and end the Vikes chances of a repeat I will hope for a Vikings win tonight. Although I think the Saints offense will still be very good I don't see their defense being anywhere near as good as they were in the playoffs last year. I think they caught lightening in a bottle for that playoff run and it will be near impossible to repeat it.

Vikings 35
Saints 17

Ranger Mom
09-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Ditto #3 for me too!!! :thumbsup:

AP Panther Fan
09-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Ditto #3 for me too!!! :thumbsup:

I know, right?!

I went to HEB on my lunch break and I am thinking grilled fajitas might be good while watching the game. I have a television outside (if I could just figure out a way to get rid of all of this darn humidity). I am soooo ready for cooler, drier weather.

On the Today Show this morning there was an interview with Drew Brees. I was halfway paying attention and I guess the Saints are going to start a new tradition of yelling something three times at each kick-off. Some "who dat" yell or something. I will have to pay attention.;)

IHStangFan
09-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Falcongrad&Dad
I have to go with the Saints. I agree with you on all the BS hype, but gotta support Brees. Hey FG&D....welcome to the board! GO FALCONS!!! I am gonna try to make the BR -vs- Sealy game....maybe Sweeny too! :)

This Needville fans likes me some Falcons! Good luck this year!

TheDOCTORdre
09-09-2010, 07:08 PM
and Adrian Peterson will be a huge factor in the game.

Peterson will be a huge factor in the Saints winning, the Vikings are hard pressed at WR and will want to depend heavily on the running game...and the Saints will be waiting to strip that ball...if he doesn't just put it on the ground for them. Once that happens Favre will try and take over the game and make plays but not have an receiving help. Factor in that the Vikings are down at CB and Brees and the Saints O will have their way with the Vikings 2ndary

wimbo_pro
09-09-2010, 07:47 PM
One of the best renditions of our national anthem I have heard in years!

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

For me:

1) Drew Brees is from Austin

2) Tom Benson donated a buttload of money to UIW for their stadium & field house and

3) Ditto! :D

AP Panther Fan
09-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
One of the best renditions of our national anthem I have heard in years!

I totally agree! She was far better than Taylor Swift and the Dave Matthews Band...jmho.