PDA

View Full Version : Need a JV game tonight!

tacbobbobcat
09-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Celina White JV needs a game tonight. We just had a late cancellation. We have a turf field available to play on at 7:00 pm. Contact Aaron Ford at aaronford@celinaisd.com or call my cell at 469-667-6036.

MoveInDad
09-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Was it field conditions... didn't want to play it on our turf? Or, more than likely, they figure they'll need all hands available, or at least in attendance for tomorrow night.
Just trying to keep this thread active to help it stay on the front page...

BILLYFRED0000
09-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
Was it field conditions... didn't want to play it on our turf? Or, more than likely, they figure they'll need all hands available, or at least in attendance for tomorrow night.
Just trying to keep this thread active to help it stay on the front page...

Yeah that might be the ticket. ttt.

BILLYFRED0000
09-09-2010, 11:40 AM
On the other hand I need a place to practice my fourth grade team tonight. All the regular fields are bogs. Missed tuesday and now today and need a field so these boys can continue their unbeaten streak. They are on a 22 game winning streak. only lost one in 32.

orange machine
09-09-2010, 11:54 AM
That sux that a team would cancel at the last minute.

JJWalker
09-09-2010, 12:37 PM
If I remember some data from a few threads on Celina ...

Pilot Point doesn't have enough JV kids to field a team.

No slight to Celina ... just the situation.

BILLYFRED0000
09-09-2010, 12:49 PM
nm got a place to practice yeah\

Now then Coach did anybody volunteer to play. The fourth graders are good but not that good......:D

MoveInDad
09-09-2010, 12:57 PM
The sun is out, its a beautiful day to PLAY FOOTBALL...oops there it goes:(

MoveInDad
09-09-2010, 01:28 PM
If a new opponent is scheduled, will it be announced here? ttt

tacbobbobcat
09-09-2010, 01:57 PM
I have not had any luck today in finding a game, but if I do I will post it here.

PP has enough for a JV too.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by tacbobbobcat
I have not had any luck today in finding a game, but if I do I will post it here.

In the high teens with prolly 12 fresh. They do not have enough for both a Fresh and JV. 10 inches rain.....grass field....ugh..but who knows.:)

BILLYFRED0000
09-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
In the high teens with prolly 12 fresh. They do not have enough for both a Fresh and JV. 10 inches rain.....grass field....ugh..but who knows.:)

boy tell me. It is a bog out there. but that rain sure was nice. Ground should be good for a while and the tanks and lakes should fill.

JJWalker
09-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by tacbobbobcat

Doh ... yeah forgot the game would have been at Pilot Point.

Nothing like a good ol' JV mudder. That is odd that a coaching staff would whimp out because of washing a few unis.

:doh:

orange machine
09-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Looks like we will have alot of extra players tomorrow night.

OldNavy
09-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
Doh ... yeah forgot the game would have been at Pilot Point.

Nothing like a good ol' JV mudder. That is odd that a coaching staff would whimp out because of washing a few unis.

:doh:

I suspect they want to protect their field for varsity games and let it dry out some before they plow it up.

JJWalker
09-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
I suspect they want to protect their field for varsity games and let it dry out some before they plow it up.
Well ... that is the attitude that I can't stand. The one where the JV players get treated as insignificant ... for the sake of the comfort and convenience of the varsity team.

If that is the case ... then I think it speaks volumes about the future of that program.

Time to start the coaching search at Pilot Point ISD.

marler1972
09-09-2010, 10:48 PM
They could have played the game here in Celina we have two turf fields......

BILLYFRED0000
09-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by JJWalker
Well ... that is the attitude that I can't stand. The one where the JV players get treated as insignificant ... for the sake of the comfort and convenience of the varsity team.

If that is the case ... then I think it speaks volumes about the future of that program.

Time to start the coaching search at Pilot Point ISD.

IT is about the condition of the field. They are too soft to play on. I don't think they would be ready before saturday at the earliest. PP got at least 8 inches of rain tuesday and wednesday.

gatordaze
09-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
IT is about the condition of the field. They are too soft to play on. I don't think they would be ready before saturday at the earliest. PP got at least 8 inches of rain tuesday and wednesday.

What are you talking about? Who said that the PP players are too soft to play on our field? If they are not ready to play us now how are they gonna be ready by Saturday? That is the kind of talk that makes them mad. How about a little respect!

PPSTATEBOUND
09-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
What are you talking about? Who said that the PP players are not too soft to play on our field? If they are not ready to play is now how are they gonna be ready by Saturday? That is the kind of talk that makes them mad. How about a little respect!

:tisk:

gatordaze
09-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
:tisk:

Sorry my inner smart azz is active this morning.