PDA

View Full Version : Wow

garciap77
09-08-2010, 10:01 PM
The opening stanza of the Texas portion of the Kirk Herbstreit Classic Monday is a nationally televised tilt between two of the most talked about teams in the Southwest. Shiloh Christian, ranked No. 22 by MaxPreps, is a veteran squad led by Auburn-bound quarterback Kiehl Frazier. As a junior, he passed for more than 3,800 yards and 48 touchdowns. Up front, the stalwarts are 6-5, 295-pound Kansas recruit Travis Bodenstein on offense and 6-0, 255-pound Kansas State commit Samuel Harvill on defense. The Saints won two consecutive state championships in Class 4A but haven't played another nationally ranked opponent. On Monday, they'll get their opportunity facing MaxPreps' No. 1-ranked team.

Trinity showed last week why it's ranked No. 1 in the nation. The Trojans bullied their way past Lee (Tyler), 35-0, on the Red Raiders' home field. Up front, Trinity is bigger and stronger than most teams it will face but also has playmakers on the outside. Oklahoma recruit Brandon Carter had 111 receiving yards and caught two touchdown passes against Lee. He also shares duties at quarterback with Kailahi Kautai, a junior who completed 9 of 13 passes for 155 yards and rushed for 91 yards in his starting debut. Running backs Tevin Williams and Terrrence Tusan combined for 126 rushing yards. On defense, Trinity's rock-solid front seven is anchored by 6-3, 280-pound Baylor recruit Suleiman Masumbuko and SMU-bound linebacker Jonathan Yenga. If there are weaknesses on this team, they might be an inability to score points when falling behind and difficulty defending against a high-powered passing game. If Shiloh Christian can jump in front early, the nation's top-ranked team could be in trouble.

Mitch Stephens: Trinity 28, Shiloh Christian 21
Steve Montoya: Trinity 34, Shiloh Christian 24
Stephen Spiewak: Trinity 28, Shiloh Christian 20
Kevin Askeland: Trinity 28, Shiloh Christian 14
Jamie DeMoney: Trinity 37, Shiloh Christian 24
MaxPreps Projection: Shiloh Christian 34, Trinity 31

Shiloh Christian (Springdale, Ark.) vs. Trinity (Euless, Texas) FINAL Trinity 80-26

NateDawg39
09-08-2010, 10:12 PM
If Trinity is not the best team in Texas, I would love to see who is.

On the other hand, I can think of about 20 Texas schools who could have routed Shiloh. Maybe not by as much but still win none the less

LE Dad
09-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
The opening stanza of the Texas portion of the Kirk Herbstreit Classic Monday is a nationally televised tilt between two of the most talked about teams in the Southwest. Shiloh Christian, ranked No. 22 by MaxPreps, is a veteran squad led by Auburn-bound quarterback Kiehl Frazier. As a junior, he passed for more than 3,800 yards and 48 touchdowns. Up front, the stalwarts are 6-5, 295-pound Kansas recruit Travis Bodenstein on offense and 6-0, 255-pound Kansas State commit Samuel Harvill on defense. The Saints won two consecutive state championships in Class 4A but haven't played another nationally ranked opponent. On Monday, they'll get their opportunity facing MaxPreps' No. 1-ranked team.

Trinity showed last week why it's ranked No. 1 in the nation. The Trojans bullied their way past Lee (Tyler), 35-0, on the Red Raiders' home field. Up front, Trinity is bigger and stronger than most teams it will face but also has playmakers on the outside. Oklahoma recruit Brandon Carter had 111 receiving yards and caught two touchdown passes against Lee. He also shares duties at quarterback with Kailahi Kautai, a junior who completed 9 of 13 passes for 155 yards and rushed for 91 yards in his starting debut. Running backs Tevin Williams and Terrrence Tusan combined for 126 rushing yards. On defense, Trinity's rock-solid front seven is anchored by 6-3, 280-pound Baylor recruit Suleiman Masumbuko and SMU-bound linebacker Jonathan Yenga. If there are weaknesses on this team, they might be an inability to score points when falling behind and difficulty defending against a high-powered passing game. If Shiloh Christian can jump in front early, the nation's top-ranked team could be in trouble.

Mitch Stephens: Trinity 28, Shiloh Christian 21
Steve Montoya: Trinity 34, Shiloh Christian 24
Stephen Spiewak: Trinity 28, Shiloh Christian 20
Kevin Askeland: Trinity 28, Shiloh Christian 14
Jamie DeMoney: Trinity 37, Shiloh Christian 24
MaxPreps Projection: Shiloh Christian 34, Trinity 31

Shiloh Christian (Springdale, Ark.) vs. Trinity (Euless, Texas) FINAL Trinity 80-26 Trinity will make you say wow!! I saw that 35pt beat down and I stress beat down of Lee. I have never seen that kind of speed. The DBs were running Lees RB down from behind!! The ET RB looked like a college RB and #10 at WR looked like Randy Moss!! I would want no part of ET!! :doh:

garciap77
09-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Trinity will make you say wow!! I saw that 35pt beat down and I stress beat down of Lee. I have never seen that kind of speed. The DBs were running Lees RB down from behind!! The ET RB looked like a college RB and #10 at WR looked like Randy Moss!! I would want no part of ET!! :doh:

I bet Brownwood could beat them!:D

Trashman
09-09-2010, 06:48 AM
I bet Brownwood could beat them!:D

On any given day.........:D

garciap77
09-09-2010, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
On any given day.........:D

Can't disagree with you TRASHMAN!:D

Just trying to :stirpot: !!!!

LE Dad
09-09-2010, 09:56 AM
I bet Brownwood could beat them!:D To the locker room at halftime.:D

Sville
09-09-2010, 10:51 AM
I went and watched all 4 games on Monday and the only Texas team Shiloh might of been able to beat was Dallas Skyline.

bigwood33
09-09-2010, 10:57 AM
I doubt Shiloh would make the playoffs if they were in District 16. Heck, they might finish 5th!