PDA

View Full Version : Cuero vs. Bellville

Johnny Utah
09-08-2010, 05:50 PM
I know this is going on in another thread, but I thought I would put in my 2 cents. Both teams are different from last years, Cuero has a new staff....but both schools are very well coached and will make some noise come district time. Cuero is playing probably the toughest non-district schedule I have seen in some time. Graduation hurt them, but the Green will be right there when it counts. Texas Football is full of fair weather fans and that is expected, but some of you take the cake. I cant help but chuckle about some of the comments made about teams and programs and coaches.

IHStangFan
09-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Regardless of what has happened up until this point...Cuero is gonna roll Bellville. Bellville is not on par with the two programs Cuero has played in weeks 0 and 1. Storied tradition maybe, able to match up w/ Cuero on Friday....doubtful. Prove me wrong Bellvile.

That's just MY $.02

Pudlugger
09-08-2010, 06:25 PM
You can not count the Brahmas out but I think the Gobblers have an edge on skill positions, talent and intangibles(having something to prove...a statement). Cuero by a td.

rojosgirl
09-10-2010, 08:56 AM
A 7-pont win sounds okay, but I hope for a bigger cushion.
GO GOBBLERS!

Also, good luck to former Gobbler, Tyler Arndt as he and the Texas State Bobcats take on Southern Arkansas tomorrow in San Marcos. Go Cats!

:D

OLE'BULL
09-10-2010, 09:08 AM
If Bellville can perform the way they are capable of, I have to go with Bellville. If they come out like they did against Caldwell, well that might be another story. We need to play damn near perfect football. Low penalty and turnover numbers will be a key for the Brahmas this week. I take Bellville by 10!

Red Bull
09-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I see Ole Bull has the red KoolAid iced up.

In the playing conditions I expect tonight Cuero I doubt Bellville will play perfect game. Each team will make their share of mistakes, but it will be who capitalizes off of those mistakes that wins. I think it will be Cuero by a safe margin tonight. I hope Bellville proves me wrong.

BrahmaMom
09-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I agree Ole' Bull...I love to watch the Brahmas play a perfect game. I think they have what it takes tonight! GO BIG RED!

gobbler grad
09-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Cuero up 7-0 mid-way thru the 1st qtr...

gobbler grad
09-10-2010, 07:53 PM
14-0 ---Gobblers

gobbler grad
09-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Gobblers throw int. in the endzone and Bellville returns it to mid-field...Bellville fumbles snap in punt formation and Gobblers take over...2 plays and Gobblers score again...now 21-0 with 5:00 left in 2nd qtr...

gobbler grad
09-10-2010, 08:36 PM
21-0 gobblers at the half

defense playing rather well tonight...

gobbler grad
09-10-2010, 09:46 PM
28-8--Gobblers

6:00 left...and Cuero fumbles again...at least 3 turnovers, so far

gobbler grad
09-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Cuero fans leaving early, but they're going to celebrate...Gobblers come away with a 28-8 win over Bellville...congrats Gobblers and congrats to the coaching staff...good luck next week

sinton66
09-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Congrats Gobblers.

44INAROW
09-10-2010, 10:29 PM
nice win - Gobblers.......... The humidity and crickets were out in full force ----- mercy.. Now, gotta get ready for the SandCrabs of Port Lavaca..

forum_guy
09-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Bellville must be terrible if they only scored 8 against cuero's defense

Bull's-eye
09-11-2010, 01:35 AM
Congratulations to Cuero! It was my first time to visit Gobbler stadium, didn't take long to feel the rich tradition associated with Cuero football. Bellville is still going through some growing pains, lots of inconsistency & a few missed assignments. Cuero scored their first TD on a pass to a wide open receiver, no Bellville DB on that half of the field. The Bellville defense had trouble wrapping up #27, he scored on 2 long runs, one where I thought the Brahmas had stopped him for a loss. Bellville struggled to move the ball early, seemed like a fumble or penalty would always put a stop to any kind of drive. Bellville did a better job in the 2nd half, offense started to find some success running the ball. The passing game is still not there, very dificult to play catch up when you can't throw the ball. I'm curious why we haven't seen the Soph QB, at least he should get some playing time once the game has been decided. Never know when he may be forced to play due to an injury, hate to see him enter a close game without ever taking a snap.

Brahma84
09-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Stats from the Victoria Advocate:

First Quarter

C-Monte Green 9 pass from Mason Blashke (Tanner Hoffman kick), 8:05

C-Trent Jackson 48 run (Hoffman kick), 2:33

Second Quarter

C-Hoffman 22 pass from Blaschke (Hoffman kick), 5:28

Third Quarter

C-Jackson 63 run (Hoffman kick), 8:49

Fourth Quarter

B-Walter Reese 37 run, Andrew Brinson pass from Daniel Matthews, 2 pt. good, 7:12

Team Statistics
Cue Bel
First Downs 19 9
Yards Rushing 44-319 37-163
Yards Passing 107 72
Passes 8-12-1 8-21-1
Punts 1-35 3-108
Fumbles-lost 3-3 4-1
Penalties-yards 2-15 6-50
Individual Statistics

RUSHING -- Cuero, V. Davis 8-41, M. Rickman 2-7, M. Blaschke 2-32, L. Goebel 2-13, T. Jackson 16-178, A. Bustos 10-31, A. Thibodeaux 1-24, T. Dobbins 1-1, M. Green 1-(-6). Bellville, Z. Pouncy 9-15, D. Matthews 6-13, K. Coker 2-7, W. Reese 19-125, J. Muse 1-3.

PASSING -- Cuero, M. Blaschke 12-8-107-1. Bellville, D. Matthews 21-8-72-1.

RECEIVING -- Cuero, T. Hoffman 3-41, M. Green 3-26, A. Bell 1-8, D. Mathis 1-32. Bellville, W. Reese 2-13, D. Parker 2-10, J. Muse 1-8, J. Matthews 1-7, Z. Pouncy 1-29, K. Coker 1-15.

Bull's-eye
09-11-2010, 10:01 AM
What was the big deal with the Bellville inflatable helmet? The Bellville helmet crew was told that the north end might be too wet, so the Cuero represenative suggested the south end. He said it didn't matter and that other visiting teams used either ends. The crew found a spot and he said that would be fine. Ten minutes before the game starts, the Cuero coach wants to know who gave them permission for that location and threatens to pull the plug. Why would the coach be so concerned about the helmet?

zebrablue2
09-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
What was the big deal with the Bellville inflatable helmet? The Bellville helmet crew was told that the north end might be too wet, so the Cuero represenative suggested the south end. He said it didn't matter and that other visiting teams used either ends. The crew found a spot and he said that would be fine. Ten minutes before the game starts, the Cuero coach wants to know who gave them permission for that location and threatens to pull the plug. Why would the coach be so concerned about the helmet?

:rolleyes::D

XtremeCouture
09-11-2010, 10:17 AM
4 turnovers again for Cuero. Unfortunately if this doesn't get fixed by district, the gobblers might be sitting at home during the playoffs

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

The 1st year coach sould have been more worried about getting his 1st win before the game than were the Bellville Blow- up was, even after the crew was told that the spot was ok. Was told that the same Cuero represenative that said it was ok were it was, was the same person that told them to move it rigth before the game?

BrahmaMom
09-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Congrats to the Gobblers on their first win of the season. Bellville has to put more than 8 points on the board to win ballgames. Football is a game of emotion, if it isn't there and visible, that also makes it tough to win ballgames. The major emotion I saw last night was Coach Foster questioning a call and receiving a warning--I was so proud of him, he fights for his players! The rest of the emotion I expected to see on the field wasn't there, it was in the stands. As someone gently pointed out, I don't have on the pads, so all I can do is support my team. The stats on the penalties at half-time straightened out the referees, thank goodness, they were so obviously homers in the first half it was pathetic. That said, Bellville is almost finished the first half of the season, and we have got to get the fire in the belly, make the stops, block, receive, intercept and tackle, tackle, tackle, and run and play as a team to get wins. This team can do it, they have the talent, the coaching, the spirit and the heart. So, Brahmas, JUST DO IT!

44INAROW
09-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
The 1st year coach sould have been more worried about getting his 1st win before the game than were the Bellville Blow- up was, even after the crew was told that the spot was ok. Was told that the same Cuero represenative that said it was ok were it was, was the same person that told them to move it rigth before the game?

I am ROFL we're really talking about a blowup helmet :D :D

and the refs?

Originally posted by BrahmaMom
The stats on the penalties at half-time straightened out the referees, thank goodness, they were so obviously homers in the first half it was pathetic. !

there was a group of Bellville folks sitting 3 people down from me - they didn't mention anything about the refs.. and they were watching the game.. :eek:

I was totally shocked at the LACK of Bellville Red in the stands? Do the fans not go to away games?

I was going to make my usual "nice" comments but since the opportunity presented itself, I decided to reply.

Oh, the Drill Team was excellent.. :clap:

BrahmaMom
09-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Just an observation that once the penalty stats were announced at half-time, Bellvile actually out-scored Cuero the second half. That is NO excuse for losing the game. There is NO excuse for losing. Congrats again on the win, Gobblers. And yes, our dance team is cute, thanks!

Red Bull
09-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Who cares about the helmet blow up? The bigger concern should be a lot of issues with the Bellville team. I hear they are young, I hear they are inexperienced and I hear a lot of other things. The bottom line is they need to start playing better.

Sweeney will be tough this week and when district comes along Sealy and Brookshire will be even more tough.

Here's to hoping they get it going and get it going soon.

Bull's Eye - You are right on the backup QB. 3 games and no snaps. ??

XMan
09-15-2010, 08:11 PM
My question is why did the radio announcer covering the game for 94.1 have to sit outside the pressbox? Cuero has a good sized press box and poor Mr. Kucera had to sit outside to do the game.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
Who cares about the helmet blow up?

People that have to take off off work early to get it there, people that spend their time and money to make it happen for the kids, people that care about making it better for the kids, people that dont even have kids playing sports, just do it for Bellville, you want me to go on? If their were people that did not care there would be no Helmet, Band, Drill team, no cheerleaders, no one to paint the field, no one to run the conssesion stand, no one to write the sports in the local news paper, no one to annonce the games and many other things that make a friday night football game what it is today! So dont ask Who Cares! Just look around at a football game and you can see Who Cares!

OLE'BULL
09-15-2010, 09:32 PM
People that have to take off off work early to get it there, people that spend their time and money to make it happen for the kids, people that care about making it better for the kids, people that dont even have kids playing sports, just do it for Bellville, you want me to go on? If their were people that did not care there would be no Helmet, Band, Drill team, no cheerleaders, no one to paint the field, no one to run the conssesion stand, no one to write the sports in the local news paper, no one to annonce the games and many other things that make a friday night football game what it is today! So dont ask Who Cares! Just look around at a football game and you can see Who Cares!

+1!!!

XtremeCouture
09-15-2010, 09:42 PM

i honestly just get annoyed by cheerleaders. the band and the drill team cause me to sit through a 35 minute halftime.

garciap77
09-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Congrats Gobblers!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
i honestly just get annoyed by cheerleaders. the band and the drill team cause me to sit through a 35 minute halftime.

This is a part of friday nigth football, has been for long time, this all makes the games worth beeing at, they dont have to be there they choose to! these kids support the football team!

Red Bull
09-16-2010, 07:18 AM
FBB. You missed my point. My point was who cares where it is located on the field and not who cares about everything else you listed. It is nice to have, but most people come to the game to see the game and don't really concern themselves with where was the helmet.

It is nice that there are those that do this for the boys and those that volunteer to do everything else, but in the end where the helmet was put was a pretty minor part of the game. I think most everyone will agree. And if the Cuero coach had such a big deal with it, then he has issues as well.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-16-2010, 09:27 PM
FBB. You missed my point. My point was who cares where it is located on the field and not who cares about everything else you listed. It is nice to have, but most people come to the game to see the game and don't really concern themselves with where was the helmet.

It is nice that there are those that do this for the boys and those that volunteer to do everything else, but in the end where the helmet was put was a pretty minor part of the game. I think most everyone will agree. And if the Cuero coach had such a big deal with it, then he has issues as well.

Your point was clear, you dont care about the helmet and that is fine, but they were told were they could put it, and it turned out that the Cuero AD did not like it were it was so he got on the person that told them were it could be, and the same person that told them to put it were it was, was the same guy that said move it, (10 min before game time) or he will pull the plug. The big deal about the helmet was not with Bellville folks in the stands, but with the Cuero AD. The crew that puts it up spends about 40 min. puting it up, then they had to move it in less then 10 min.

Sweetwater Red
09-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Your point was clear, you dont care about the helmet and that is fine, but they were told were they could put it, and it turned out that the Cuero AD did not like it were it was so he got on the person that told them were it could be, and the same person that told them to put it were it was, was the same guy that said move it, (10 min before game time) or he will pull the plug. The big deal about the helmet was not with Bellville folks in the stands, but with the Cuero AD. The crew that puts it up spends about 40 min. puting it up, then they had to move it in less then 10 min.

Random question: Why are you such a whine bag?

SintonFan
09-17-2010, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

:confused:
I thought that person was just explaining it all.:nerd:

XMan
09-17-2010, 05:44 AM
Just for the record, "were" and "where" are not interchangeable to every person from Bellville. Also, why someone spent money on a blow up helmet I will never know. Couldnt that time, energy, and money be spent somewhere better? How bout feed the kids or something worthwhile.

wimbo_pro
09-17-2010, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by XMan
Just for the record, "were" and "where" are not interchangeable to every person from Bellville. Also, why someone spent money on a blow up helmet I will never know. Couldnt that time, energy, and money be spent somewhere better? How bout feed the kids or something worthwhile.

Same could be said about T-shirts, hats, horns, pom-poms, etc. Where do you draw the line?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by XMan
why someone spent money on a blow up helmet I will never know. Couldnt that time, energy, and money be spent somewhere better? How bout feed the kids or something worthwhile.

That someone was a Insurance agencie out of Bellville, So none of you school tax dollars were spent on the helmat! If you have kids, you should feed them their yours!

Red Bull
09-17-2010, 08:12 AM
XMan,

I am with you on this one. I hear that helmet and tunnel was over $10,000. That money (donation) surely could have been put to better use like improvements to the field, equipment, locker rooms, etc.. and yes feeding the kids. FBB, I don't think XMan meant feeding the kids morning, noon and night. I think he meant after the games. That used to be tradition years ago.

And before you get all worked up again it isn't that I don't like the helmet it is that it isn't something to get so worked up about. I am sure the players and coaching staff appreciate all you and your crew do, but Bellville was pretty successful without the helmet for years. I my opinion it makes Bellville just like all the other schools and I wish they would have done something different. How about just the tunnel and smoke and a huge spirit line? The players could come out of the tunnel to some pumped up music and then go through the smoke. Then through a spirit line with rabid fans and that would pump you up and get your ready to play.

Well that is pretty much all I have to say on this matter.

Bull's-eye
09-17-2010, 08:44 AM
XMan,

I am with you on this one. I hear that helmet and tunnel was over $10,000. That money (donation) surely could have been put to better use like improvements to the field, equipment, locker rooms, etc.. and yes feeding the kids.

Yes, there are more important things, but you have to remember that the insurance company is using that helmet as a form of advertisement. A lot of companies have some type of an allowance and can only be used for that purpose.

Ranger Mom
09-17-2010, 08:51 AM
I don't know how most schools do it, but we had local companies rent space to advertise on ours and that money went to pay for the helmet.

No school funds/booster club funds were used.

Bull's-eye
09-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

As another poster stated, he was just explaining things. FBB is one of the good guys, I have seen him do so much for his school.

There are a lot of people that donate their time & money to help put on these football games. The helmet may be nothing special to some people, but it can be a major thrill for the players. I can remember watching the Miami Hurricanes first using the smoke and thinking how cool! I'm sure there are some little kids that dream, one day, they may be able to experience that thrill.

rojosgirl
09-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Geeze,Louise! This game was LAST WEEK! Let's all move on. GOOD LUCK GOBBLERS - Slap the Sandcrabs!

GO-MEAN-GREEN!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Red Bull
09-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Bull's Eye,

Can you tell me who the company is that purchased / donated / advertises on the helmet - tunnel?

I work with companies and advertising and for that kind of money you can reach the masses in much more cost efficient ways. I don't know of many people that said I want to buy this or that because I saw it on a helmet at a high school game. Funny.

My point is this money could have been used in a lot of different ways to help the student / athletes of Bellville. It is fine if this is what the company wanted to do, but I am just saying money like that does not grow on trees at programs like Bellville.

No big deal. Just an observation.