PDA

View Full Version : Nike Combat Uniforms??

BEAST
09-08-2010, 08:34 AM
Am I the only one who, in every case, likes the teams original uniforms better? In most cases, I think the combat gear is flat out ugly.

BEAST

NastySlot
09-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Am I the only one who, in every case, likes the teams original uniforms better? In most cases, I think the combat gear is flat out ugly.

BEAST

I'm with you....Im a traditionalist............combat unis. are arena football or nfl europe unis.

hype all hype

Ex-Tiger2005
09-08-2010, 08:37 AM
I like them.

BEAST
09-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I'm with you....Im a traditionalist............combat unis. are arena football or nfl europe unis.

hype all hype

AMEN! I love Penn St unis. Plain and simple. Those unis have kicked a lot of a$$ over the years. Same could be said for most big boy D1 schools.

BEAST

NastySlot
09-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
AMEN! I love Penn St unis. Plain and simple. Those unis have kicked a lot of a$$ over the years. Same could be said for most big boy D1 schools.

BEAST

exactly..teams like Penn State, Texas and Alabama to name a few don't need gimmick unis.

also UCLA.

I never have liked changing uni. styles in high school.....I respect Plano cause for as long as I can remember their unis have been the same...and I remember back to Billy Ray Smith.

Black Swarm
09-08-2010, 08:58 AM
I like the Combat uniforms.
Most important the kids like them.

crzyjournalist03
09-08-2010, 09:00 AM
exactly..teams like Penn State, Texas and Alabama to name a few don't need gimmick unis.

also UCLA.

I never have liked changing uni. styles in high school.....I respect Plano cause for as long as I can remember their unis have been the same...and I remember back to Billy Ray Smith.

You do realize that UCLA actually changed their road uniforms this year, don't you?

NastySlot
09-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
You do realize that UCLA actually changed their road uniforms this year, don't you?

how much....no longer with the shoulders the same?

NastySlot
09-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

changed the blues..

NastySlot
09-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Black Swarm
I like the Combat uniforms.
Most important the kids like them.

you could go throw back/retro and the kids would like them....new unis of the box and kids love them.

Combat unis are made so fans will buy replicas and Nike and the University make money.

mlb04stangs
09-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Texas has changed their unis over the years matter of fact back in the 80s and 90s they all use to wear lil bitty jerseys they dont wear those anymore so thats a change and if u wanna b a true traditionalist then u need to go back to the first days of the game with the leather helmets and no face mask thats when it really started so if ur team doesn't play in that then their not keeping the tradition. Change is good without change no one would grow.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Pro combat is a type of uni, the material is different and is way lighter, Texas wears the pro combats this year, but its the same uni.. same for oregon and many other teams... some teams just change the jersey to showcase the "pro combat" for nike

Bullaholic
09-08-2010, 09:44 AM
hype all hype

You said it all right there, Nasty. We live in a society that is "hype rabid" and, unfortunately, football has given over to the notion "if some is good, more is better, and too much is just right.".

NastySlot
09-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by mlb04stangs
Texas has changed their unis over the years matter of fact back in the 80s and 90s they all use to wear lil bitty jerseys they dont wear those anymore so thats a change and if u wanna b a true traditionalist then u need to go back to the first days of the game with the leather helmets and no face mask thats when it really started so if ur team doesn't play in that then their not keeping the tradition. Change is good without change no one would grow.

minor changes to unis...i understand.....what kind of outcry would there be if the horns removed their tm..longhorn and went to all burnt orange unis pants and jersey's with numbers on their helmets.................sure change is good and needed in a lot things but so is tradition..............and go back to the 60's and you might even find the horns in a differend shade of orange.

What if Notre Dame put a ND on that gold helmet....or Michigan changed theirs.

not saying old school is best but why change something that works....certain schools unis are their styles....that's why some high schools and youth teams copy their styles.

coach
09-08-2010, 10:22 AM
the best unis are oregon's unis. I am a traditionalist also thought. I like all the schools that never really change their unis

Trashman
09-08-2010, 11:03 AM

hype all hype :clap: :clap: :clap: :iagree:

Red&White_9x5
09-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Hate them all. I haven't seen one yet that I feel looks better than the regular uniforms for each respective team

DDBooger
09-08-2010, 12:36 PM
I don't even know or remember what Oregon's ORIGINAL uni looks like. lol

poisoned10
09-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Texas actually has a Pro Combat uni, it just isn't as "flashy" as the others.

Gilmer got some new Pro Combat uni's this year. They are pretty nice. I haven't seen the white ones yet, but the black looks nice.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/news-journal.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/e/ea/bb4/eeabb4de-fac0-5540-b2d3-a2f24e774662-revisions/4c81f0a732f3e.image.jpg

Matthew328
09-08-2010, 02:59 PM
West Virginia's pro combat is awesome..love theirs

D4C
09-08-2010, 03:28 PM
I like TCU's Pro Combat but i also like plain and simple too, it just depends on the person. love it or hate it, the school doesnt really care they just want the money for it

AP Panther Fan
09-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
Pro combat is a type of uni, the material is different and is way lighter, Texas wears the pro combats this year, but its the same uni.. same for oregon and many other teams... some teams just change the jersey to showcase the "pro combat" for nike

Of the 10 or so college teams that will showcase the jersey for a specific game...I didn't really care for any of them BUT like you said, it seems to be more of a weight/construction matter rather than appearance. The photos didn't really show some of the detail described like houndstooth background.

Gilmer's black one above looks like somebody took some paint on their hands and slapped each of them on the shoulder pads.

Spread It Out
09-08-2010, 04:57 PM
What if Notre Dame put a ND on that gold helmet....or Michigan changed theirs.

ND actually did change their jerseys this year, but didn't change the helmet.

Also, you can't compare Texas to Michigan or Notre Dame when talking about tradition. Michigan has more wins than any other school in the history of college football and ND has more National Championships than any other school.

NateDawg39
09-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Speaking of change, The Arizona Cardinals added a black jersey to their set which I think is overdone. And Green Bay added a throwback set to resemble the original brown helmets, and old style colors. Very odd looking to say the least